Today's lineups

Ryan Zimmerman, despite yesterday's pinch-hit home run, remains out of the Nationals lineup. Also, Ivan Rodriguez gets a day off. (The Nationals, for what it's worth, are 2-0 when Wil Nieves starts this year.)

Nationals

5. Casey McGehee, 3B
6. Carlos Gomez, CF
7. Gregg Zaun, C
8. Alcides Escobar, SS
9. Yovani Gallardo, SP

By Adam Kilgore  |  April 16, 2010; 3:06 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Another save, another adventure for Matt Capps
Next: Ryan Zimmerman out of lineup again; no timetable for return

Comments

"Ryan Zimmerman, despite yesterday's pinch-hit home run, remains out of the Nationals lineup."
Ruh-roh! (Appropriate even if we're not playing the Astros).

Posted by: mojo6 | April 16, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Zimm's coming off an injury that if you don't heal it fully becomes much bigger, and Gonzo is playing hot, give the man another day off.

Posted by: Section506 | April 16, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Dang. And on the day when my Z-man batting practice jersey finally arrives in the mail... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John1 | April 16, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Is Zimmerman ever going to play again?

Posted by: CapitolWill | April 16, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Here is an in depth look at the Nationals/Brewers series this weekend.

Posted by: peytondowdy | April 16, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Those lovely Philly fans:

Posted by: Barney001 | April 16, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Gonzo is playing hot, give the man another day off.
Posted by: Section506 | April 16, 2010 3:20 PM
+++++++++++++++++
?????

Married-itude has made you soft in the head, my friend.

Posted by: Scooter_ | April 16, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Nice Jetsons throwback, mojo. :-D

---

Ruh-roh! (Appropriate even if we're not playing the Astros).

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 16, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

No matter whether it lasts only a day, I want to get above .500. Let's win the next 2, at least.

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | April 16, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

with rain in the forecast for tonight, I think it's best not to have Zim in there tonight. Rest that hammy, Zimmy!

Posted by: erocks33 | April 16, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

From Fire Jim Bowden:

AARON CROW: has two starts under his belt for the Northwest Arkansas Naturals (Royals AA affiliate). He's gone 10.2 innings and allowed 2 earned runs with 7 strikeouts against 4 walks and a 5.25 groundout to flyout ratio. Just so you know.

I was wondering where he was and how he was doing. The fool might have been starting in the bigs if he had enough sense to sign almost 2 yers ago. How much more $$ did he get by waiting? Oh well, at least he is closer to the family farm in Bumpass, Kansas. Good luck with the Royals, homeboy.

Posted by: Natmeister | April 16, 2010 4:21 PM | Report abuse

"Married-itude has made you soft in the head, my friend."

No my grammer was always not no good.

Posted by: Section506 | April 16, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I was under the impression Livo was starting tonite,the Brew Crew swing some heavy lumber in fact all the teams comming in are killing the ball so McCatty better have them ready,on another front am i hung up for wanting answers on the Dukes release? to say the least i'm still pissed at Rigg's and Rizzo for the way they handled the whole situation.

Posted by: dargregmag | April 16, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I wish I could share your optimism, 1/2. The Brewers lineup can definitely smack it and our pitching is, ummm, our pitching. Hope Lannan can get a nice few innings in tonight - at least before a possible rain delay.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 16, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

I kind of like the Brewers. Is there something wrong with me?

Posted by: JohninMpls | April 16, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

I kind of like the Brewers. Is there something wrong with me?

Posted by: JohninMpls | April 16, 2010 5:25 PM

Not at all. And I'll tell you one thing, it will be a treat to have their polite fans in the Park this weekend after too much Philly for the last couple weeks.

Posted by: Kev29 | April 16, 2010 5:31 PM | Report abuse

DarG, Livan is scheduled for tomorrow. I might even don the wreck of the old 61 myself for that.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | April 16, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Wisconsonians don't take themselves too seriously.

They tend to be a fatter, more mustachioed contingent, as well.

I find that I enjoy all of these qualities.

Posted by: JohninMpls | April 16, 2010 5:55 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'm also hearing the siren song of Livo. Just have to convince the hubby... :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | April 16, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse