Today's lineups

Both the Nationals and Marlins have a quick turnaround from last night, with today's first pitch scheduled for 1:05 p.m. at Nationals Park. Here are your lineups:

Nationals

Dan Uggla, 2B
Ronny Paulino, C
Cody Ross, RF
Brett Carroll, LF
Josh Johnson, P

By Gene Wang  |  May 8, 2010; 11:20 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Justin Maxwell sent to Syracuse
Next: Game 30 discussion thread: Nats vs. Marlins

Comments

That lineup is unfair to Matt Chico to say nothing about those who have bought tickets.

Posted by: Bill-CH | May 8, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

which means, of course, that they'll score four runs early, Chico will go 6.2, and get a no-decision.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | May 8, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Looking at that lineup, aside from opening day facing Doc Halladay, I can't think of another time I was so sure the Nats were not going to win.
Which only further proves Sec3's theory.
Cause it's baseball.

Posted by: Sunderland | May 8, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

The only thing I question about the lineup is Guzman leading off. Kennedy is in for Desmond to stack the lineup with lefties against Johnson (as are Harris and Bernadina). If Nyjer needs a rest, he needs a rest. I would prefer to see Kennedy, Harris, or even Bernadina leading off and Guzman batting second.

Posted by: bertbkatz | May 8, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

IF Chico can keep it close, gives us some interesting late inning options, off the bench.

Posted by: rbelleisle | May 8, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

sorry, I'm behind. Why is Lannan not pitching and Chico was brought up?

Posted by: Nats_Lady | May 8, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

NatsLady - Elbow discomfort, cortisone shot, hope is to miss 1 turn and that's all.

Posted by: Sunderland | May 8, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Go WILLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Posted by: Nats_Lady | May 8, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

ok, I was off by one run, and Chico only got through 5+, but he has a lead through 6.
Now we need a tag for Burnett to go with Clip and Save.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | May 8, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

umm, nevermind that.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | May 8, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Sec3: You wouldn't happen to have numbers for Powerball today, would you?

Posted by: SorenKierkegaard | May 8, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I thought I head the crowd going,"Let's go Capps" in the bottom of the eighth after Matt started heating up in the bullpen, although it could have been "Let's go Nats." Was pretty sure I heard some of the crowd going "Let's go Capps" in the ninth inning.
Love that "flypaper outfield" of Willie, Nyjer and Roger in the top of the ninth.

Posted by: bertbkatz | May 8, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

and I was going to put down 5.2 for Chico at first, then decided that was too half-empty.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | May 8, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse