More Stephen Strasburg debut tickets available

The Nationals -- "in response to the high demand for tickets," according to a team release -- will provide two special offers to buy tickets for Tuesday's debut of Stephen Strasburg.

For the first time, the Nationals are selling individual Suite seats. Those seats went on sale at 1 p.m. today. Party Suites, which are located in left field, are selling for $95. Jefferson Suites, which are located behind home plate, are selling for $145. There's a two-seat minimum, and they can be purchased here.

The Nationals will also make available 2,000 standing room only tickets, at $10 a pop, on Tuesday at 1 p.m. at the Nationals Park main box office. There's a two-ticket limit per person. As for every Nationals game, 400 grandstand seats at $5 will be made available at 4:30 p.m. when gates open.

By Adam Kilgore  |  June 7, 2010; 1:43 PM ET
Categories:  Stephen Strasburg
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Top college pitcher expects Nationals to draft Harper, awaits own draft fate
Next: The Streak remembered: Nick Johnson

Comments

WOW! All this for "T-Shirt Tuesday"? Hope they have my size this time.

Posted by: Batboy05 | June 7, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

WOW! All this for "T-Shirt Tuesday"? Hope they have my size this time.Posted by: Batboy05

Good 1. Is it a Karstens T? Can't wait to see that guy hurl.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 7, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Karstens. The answer to future triva question.

Posted by: gonatsgo1 | June 7, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I guess the draw of SS making his MLB debut wasn't enough ----

"For the third straight season, the Racing Presidents will face the visiting Pierogies from Pittsburgh during each of the three games vs. the Pirates. Starting Tuesday June 8, Teddy, Abe, George and Tom will square off against Jalapeño Hannah, Cheese Chester, Sauerkraut Saul and Oliver Onion. The tradition started in 2008. In the inaugural race, the four Pierogies were chased by Teddy, wielding a large aluminum foil fork and knife. In the most recent race, held last season in Pittsburgh, Teddy was TKO’d by Potato Pete’s flying tackle, easily the most viewed moment in the history of the young rivalry."

Posted by: gonatsgo1 | June 7, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Suite seats are pretty much gone. The Nats are going to make a killing tomorrow night. I bought two seats in a party suite as I didn't want to take the chance of missing out on the $5 and $10 seats. I'm gonna regret paying this much, but...you only live once right?

Posted by: rdelarosa22 | June 7, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

>>For the third straight season, the Racing Presidents will face the visiting Pierogies from Pittsburgh

It really is Strasmas (Strasukah?). Does the giving never end?

Posted by: dovelevine | June 7, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Think of it as a fundraiser for the new right fielder.
***********
Posted by: rdelarosa22 | June 7, 2010 3:04 PM

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 7, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

BTW I don't ever want to hear about hitters needing protection behind them in the lineup to do well. Example A: Ian Desmond killing the ball with the atrocious hitting impaired Will Nieves behind him. Case closed.

And it's time for Riggs to grow some stones and move Adam Rally Killer Dunn down in the lineup. That guy is literally burying the Nats.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 7, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Aww, c'mon dovelevine, you don't want to rush things. After all, Dunn is only, like, 0-23 (I think) hitting with 2-out-runners-in-scoring-position. ;-)

Yowza!

Posted by: ADCWonk | June 7, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Good for the Nats. It is nice of them to stop holding their fans hostage for tickets that should have been available days ago.

Posted by: Bious | June 7, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

rdelarosa22 -- I paid $100 to see Nolan Ryan pitch in his final season and have no regrets. Some of the best money I have ever spent on a sporting event.
Tomorrow we may or may not see anything special, but we will not forget it either way. Enjoy the packed stadium, fans, attmospher, and just all of it for one cool June evening.
PS - I did see him pitch in spring training and my knees buckled from 12 rows behind home. He is a pleasure to watch.

Posted by: Batboy05 | June 7, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

In addition to the new standing room and suite tickets now being sold by the Nats, at 3:26 pm, there were 2,917 tickets being sold on StubHub, and prices have been falling rapidly. That compares to 3,087 tickets as of about noon. Now is probably a good time to jump on some decently priced tickets ($33 for RF Mezz. for example), before they jump again as the number of available tickets dwindle. Then again, maybe the prices keep falling, who knows?

Disclaimer -- I promise I do not currently have any tickets for sale on StubHub nor am I holding any to release for sale at the last minute.

Posted by: Section222 | June 7, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Unless I’m missing something, the current Nats Park attendance record is 41,985. (Red Sox game last summer). I suppose it’s a good bet that this is surpassed tomorrow night. With this final push to sell suites, standing room, and the final handful of day-of-game tickets, Kasten is just about assured of jamming every last body in there that he can.

Posted by: gonatsgo1 | June 7, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

I live in San Diego. Saw Strasburg pitch for SDSU his senior year. 13 K's in 5 innings. If you can go to the game, go. Whether or not he can school the Pirates is yet to be seen, but I believe this guy is the real deal. Regardless, rdelarosa22 is right, you won't forget it either way.

Posted by: PDinSD | June 7, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Well I was one of those that went for all the press hype that June 4th would be the day. So I'll have to settle for watching on TV. Now let's discuss this: Verizon Fios doesn't carry MASN2 HD, they only carry MASN2 on their analog channel. MASN is carrying the game on MASN2 which means a huge portion of the TV audience will have to watch the game in 1960's technology! This will be one of the biggest TV audiences the Nationals have ever had. What programming genius came up with this one! The game should be carried in HD, or Verizon (which buys a lot ad time in the games)should find a way to put MASN 2 on their HD lineup. What a missed opportunity for the Nats, MASN, and Verizon.

Posted by: yesimanatsfan | June 7, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

yesimanatsfan:

Ya know, there are still tickets available on StubHub for like 30 bucks each...

Posted by: cassander | June 7, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: yesimanatsfan | June 7, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

It's just a missed opportunity for Verizon. MASN, for all their faults and ties with Baltimore, are offering the game in HD. FIOS lacks the bandwith to add more HD, so it's a loss for their customers. The Nats had the TV imposed on them by the league, MASN's done well with their two HD feeds on other carriers - this is a Verizon problem.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 7, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

While it is great there are tickets available from the Nats directly, I can't help but point out it was only after tickets started going at fractions of what they were selling for last week on Stubhub (18 dollars in some cases with the ability to purchase more than one) that the office decided to release non-suite level tickets. I don't thank the team in any way for these new tickets.

Posted by: Yawkeyway | June 7, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

Fantastic seats still on StubHub at great prices. Why would you stand for $10 where you need glasses when you can sit for $40 in Lower Outfield Reserved.

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | June 7, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Wait, so basically, good seats are still available? hahahahahaha!

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 7, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

Commence whinging in 3...2...1...

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 7, 2010 9:21 PM | Report abuse