Season-ticket holders receive June 8 special offer

The Nationals are giving season-ticket holders an exclusive chance to buy tickets for Stephen Strasburg's major league debut June 8 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, according to a release. Those who own season tickets can buy up to four additional tickets for June 8, when Strasburg will start, barring injury or weather issues. The sale starts tomorrow at 10 a.m. and will run though Thursday.

By Adam Kilgore  |  June 1, 2010; 4:40 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Today's lineups
Next: Roy Oswalt would accept trade to Nationals

Comments

Then we can conclude that X number of tickets have been set aside for these sales, and by Thursday should any of these tickets be available, then they may be released to the general public on Friday (at 10AM?).

Posted by: joemktg1 | June 1, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

I'm not a STH (anymore), and I'm very glad they're doing this. Shows respect to those that are your best customers. Right on. STH's should have bennies, and this is just one way to reward them.

Posted by: Sunderland | June 1, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Yes, joe, but you can't expect to find out what X equals.

Posted by: tailwagger | June 1, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

So, between this offer for STHs and the “Strasburg Flex Plan” they announced yesterday, they obviously have held back a – let’s call it significant – number of tickets. This may also partially explain why tickets suddenly appeared for the June 4 game after it was previously announced as a sell-out and the decision to move the SS debut. Love to know the “numbers behind the numbers,” but Kasten will never tell.

Posted by: gonatsgo1 | June 1, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Season ticket holders should get first dibs and my guess is that there will be very few, if any, for the general public. I'm a flex plan holder and it was pretty obvious that the Nats were holding back any redemptions for the Cincy or Pittsburgh series since they knew that people would use their 5th game to attend one of those games. Can't blame Kasten and Lerner for holding back tickets for such an event.

Posted by: wizfan89 | June 1, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Nice - and it's a Tuesday!

Posted by: PattyinSJ | June 1, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

And in case anyone missed it, AAANats won the internet by coining...

"Mardi Stras"

Posted by: Section506 | June 1, 2010 5:48 PM | Report abuse

I was told by my STH rep that they weren't saying how many tickets (X) would be available tomorrow but that it's "in the thousands". I expect all will be snapped up very quickly. Dan at DCSportsbog will report on it I'm sure.

I'll bet that's why a bunch of tickets for June 4 magically became available once Rizzo said that wouldn't be that date. Nice that the Nats were thinking ahead for the STHs.

Posted by: Section222 | June 1, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

That should make grumpy Jen from Fan Gurls happy. She can turn around and sell them.

Posted by: periculum | June 1, 2010 5:53 PM | Report abuse

God forbid a rainout. How do you absorb 40,000 rainchecks presented for the next SS start?

Posted by: Natmeister | June 1, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Hence Mardi Stras as the winner. :-)

---

Nice - and it's a Tuesday!

Posted by: PattyinSJ | June 1, 2010 5:42 PM

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | June 1, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Just looking at the schedule and SS should pitch here in the A-t-l at the end of this month when the Nats come south to face "THE FIRST PLACE ATLANTA BRAVES"..................yeah you would have thought that they have already won the pennant the way their fans were acting on the local sports call in show this morning,not less than a month ago these same fans were calling for soon to be HOF manager Bobby Cox to be fired along with the batting coach Terry Pendleton, Chipper Jones was washed up and catcher Brian McCaan need glasses(well they did get him some glasses) i posted this to say i know how we all get(me included) when the Nats lose or are playing poorly so let's remember that so when we're in first place we know how to act! Let's GO Nats.

Posted by: dargregmag | June 1, 2010 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Love it

Posted by: PattyinSJ | June 1, 2010 6:48 PM | Report abuse

A classy move to support those STH's who stuck through the lean years. I'm not one, but treating them like this makes me sorry I didn't buck up and buy a 20-game plan.

Posted by: Highway295Revisited | June 1, 2010 7:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey Gang-man, this is getting old but.....what dargreg said...again!...ibid! And whatever miscues, mishandles, missed chances,miss-takes this franchise has made.......can we let the Srasburg ticket drama sorta....fade? What's the number of games-35, 40-we'd have to lose CONSECUTIVELY to be at last years' level? Let's not let perfection be the enemy of the no longer abysmal! (Sure wish we had Bret Myers-betcha he'd relish the chance to face the Phils regular-like!)And let's hope we're ready for a nice little winning streak ....
Go Nats!!!

Posted by: zendo | June 1, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

An (to this date) atypically wise decision by management. Hope it is a sign of better things to come. Could have shot the whole wad making non-STH buy packages.

Posted by: markfromark | June 1, 2010 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Really appreciate this one -- class move by management! Our "group leader" will be clicking away at 10am sharp... I've already got my tickets, but would love it if my fellow groupmembers could get there too!

Posted by: HenryStin | June 1, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

Despite its wit and brillance, I am very much opposed to "Mardi Stras." Mardi Stras suggest that we would be entering into a period of suffering and atonement - I feel that we have done penance enough. I want deliverance!

Posted by: lowcountry | June 1, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

@Natmeister
The raincheck only gets you into the makeup game with the Pirates. If Strasburg starts that game joy if not 40,000 get see a Pirates game pitched by someone else.

Sec 204 Row H Seat 7

Posted by: adhardwick | June 2, 2010 8:41 AM | Report abuse

It's amazing that the Post falls for this obvious smokescreen. Clearly, the ticket office is packaging these tickets in order to sell them to tour groups from San Diego.

Posted by: kemp13 | June 2, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

I don't follow the Nats, or baseball for that matter. But they seem to be playing this up as if it is the first iPhone release.

Posted by: Rainier1 | June 2, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

FYI - I got an email at 11:41 AM telling me that the STH deal had sold out, less than 2 hours after the deal started. Fortunately, I'd gotten my 4 tickets already.

Posted by: tadas | June 2, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse