The Nationals are feeding off Stephen Strasburg

Morning roundup

In his first two starts, Stephen Strasburg has affected the Nationals beyond even his tour-de-force pitching. On days he starts, seats packed and adrenaline raging, the Nationals have hit their best and played their stingiest defense.

In only eight of their 64 games this year have the Nationals pounded 11 hits while committing no errors. Two of those games have come in Strasburg's only two starts. It could be coincidence, but the Nationals believe Strasburg and the attention he brings makes an impact.

"I know it's been a shot in the arm for the ballclub," Manager Jim Riggleman said. "I think there's something to it. It's a shot in the arm for the ballclub to bring a guy like this onboard. You see it when teams make trades. They get a big bopper in the lineup, and everyone feels like, 'Hey, we're going to go win this thing now.' I think our guys look at Stephen as, it's like making a great trade in the middle of the season, to add a guy like this."

Strasburg's impact has helped stem one of the Nationals most damaging issues. Only six times in their past 24 games have the Nationals committed no errors, and two of those error-free games came with Strasburg on the mound. General Manager Mike Rizzo said the enhanced crowds may not help the Nationals' defense, but Strasburg's attacking style does.

"They know it's going to be a well-pitched game," Rizzo said. "He works fast, he throws a lot of strikes. In that sense, it affects the play on the field."

"I don't think it's anything unusual," Strasburg said the day after his first start. "I did start to see that, especially in the games I pitched, it seemed guys stepped up the intensity level down in the minor leagues, especially being in front of a big crowd. It's obviously great to see and hopefully we can keep it rolling here."

FROM THE POST

Stephen Strasburg validated his magnificent debut with another dominant, if more challenged, performance in a 9-4 Nationals victory over the Indians.

You can track every pitch Strasburg has thrown during his first two starts.

NATS MINOR LEAGUES

Syracuse 3, Charlotte 2: Leonard Davis went 2 for 2 with a walk and two home runs. Erik Arnesen allowed one earned run in seven innings on four hits and two walks. Josh Wilkie got the final two outs, walking one and striking out two.

Bowie 3, Harrisburg 2: In his second rehab start, Ross Detwiler allowed one earned run on four hits and one walk while striking out six over 3 2/3 innings. Tim Pahuta went 3 for 4 with two doubles. Marvin Lowrance went 1 for 3 with a home run and a walk.

Potomac 3, Lynchburg 2: Jesse Estrada allowed one earned run on five hits and no walks while striking out four in 5 1/3 innings. Derek Norris went 1 for 4 with a walk.

Hagerstown was off.

FROM AROUND THE WEB

The Nationals are riding the Strasburg wave, Mark Zuckerman writes.

Adam Dunn hammered Carlos Santana, as The Nationals Enquirer illustrates.

The best thing about yesterday is that Strasburg labored and still dominated, Capitol Punishment says.

Strasburg and Drew Storen are the future of the Nationals, Scott Miller writes. Miller also includes a nice detail about some razzing Pat Listach got.

Strasburg is much more than his fastball, Bud Shaw writes.

One scout nitpicks Strasburg, starting with his changeup.

By Adam Kilgore  |  June 14, 2010; 8:00 AM ET
Categories:  Stephen Strasburg
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Drew Storen replaces, saves Stephen Strasburg
Next: Stephen Strasburg named NL Player of the Week

Comments

The nationals should be able to score 3 runs regardless of the SP. It’s unfortunate that they can’t get fired up for Stammen or Martin, who usually give them a chance to win. If they would hit and play defense for the rest of their rotation, they’d have a winning record. Here’s hoping they can motivate themselves by the All-Star break.

Posted by: jboogie1 | June 14, 2010 8:31 AM | Report abuse

Regarding the improved defense: Well, duh - how many throwing errors are you going to see when 14 batters in seven innings don't even put the ball into play? Biggest chance for an error when SS is pitching is a swing-and-a-miss on a 12-6 hook for strike three that bounces on the plate and gets past the catcher.

Until proven otherwise, my hypothesis is that Strasburg doesn't improve the defense; he just gives them fewer chances to screw up. If he can get a 27-strikeout performance, you could put me at third,my wife at first, and my two cats at short and second (Bluto is 18 and s-l-o-w; Samoa gets freaked out by anything sudden, like grass growing...) and you'd still be talking about how good the Nats' defense is when Strasburg is on the mound.

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse

Okay i get it, but this team should want to play well no matter who's on the mound winning should be paramount i don't care who pitch's what? did the players get a memo from upper management that they had better be on their best when SS takes the mound, to his credit SS seems to be a great teamate and a humble guy but the fact that the rest of the team plays better when he pitch's is a little goofy.

Posted by: dargregmag | June 14, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

What ever happened to all the Dunn haters? Oh, what, now that he's batting .290 with a .383 OBP and 13 taters, good for a 154 OPS + (just 4 points below Zim), he's alright? He can bat 3rd/4th now right? We should probably get him a contract extension, too, huh? There's so many what have you done for me lately clowns around here, its a complete joke.

Somehow, I have a feeling that Nyjer (thats n-y-J-e-r... if you can't even spell the guys name - which a lot of you can't - then you really must not follow the team close enough to criticize) will bounce back and all of his haters will go the way of the Dunn-haters.

Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq | June 14, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I don't hate Nyjer Morgan, it's just that he's pretty much maxed out his abilities and his flaws are really showing. He is a horrendous baserunner, hits OK and plays OK defense. He is certainly not part of the future for this ballclub, and at age 30, on the wrong side to show much improvement. Dunn, on the other hand, is doing exactly what he's done every year and that's alternately heat up and cool down, like most one-dimensional sluggers do. His value is as a trade-deadline deal to an AL club and hopefully the Nats will get some young talent in return. This team still has holes to fill and no amount of short-term success should blind management to that fact.

Posted by: bendersx6 | June 14, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

It is true that there are holes. However, Dunn right now is more than appropriately filling two of them: First Base and #4 hitter. And, he could conceivably do so for quite some time. The guy isn't all that old, and 1st is one of the least physically draining positions on the field. I don't know his fielding percentage, but he doesn't seem to be playing too terribly there from what I've seen.

I think that you re-sign Dunn for another 3 years or so, mark down 35-40 dingers and 100 rbi while you are grooming a young first baseman. Marrero doesn't really seem to be that guy, so he's gotta be drafted or acquired in a trade. There really isn't a whole lot of trade bait on this team, and while Dunn may be just that, such a move would leave the team without the bombs or, really, a viable option at first. I don't think you get rid of what you know works without a clear plan to replace it, and the Nats just don't have that right now.

Posted by: Cavalier83 | June 14, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Do we know yet whether Strasburg starts on Friday or Saturday? I've got tickets to both. I assumed Saturday, but Carpenter indicated Friday on tv yesterday. And if they are skipping Martin on the next round why not send him down for an extra position player.

And why not let Gonzalez start at 2B for a week or two and find out if it is possibile to have a 2B who can hit AND field in the same lineup?

Posted by: natbiscuits | June 14, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

What Cavalier83 said. Dunn plays adequate first base and he hits 40 homers a year. He's in the middle of (you could even argue he's the heart of) a 3-4-5 order that would be formidable on any team. He's not old. So why on earth would you want to trade him, and for what? People keep saying, "He's good trade bait," but I don't recall seeing anyone list anyone you could reasonably expect to be able to trade him for that would make the team stronger.

Yeesh.

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Agree with Cavalier83. Dunn is our best option at 1B and the 4 spot for the time being. Marrero came with a lot of hype but hasn't consistently produced. All hat and no cattle. He doesn't look like the Nats' future at 1B. He may actually end up being trade bait (with others) at the end of July. Disagree with another post that said Morgan will turn it around. The league has figured him out; he hasn't adjusted. He was more fun last year when he didn't spend so much time on his alternative personna.

Posted by: fpcsteve | June 14, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

"He hits homers, he drives in runs, he doesn't hurt you on the field, he LIKES playing here, he's a great clubhouse presence, he's even a good quote for the reporters. Plus his bubble gum is hanging out of his mouth halfway down his chin even when he's blasting a shot into the stratosphere (yesterday). What's not to like?"

Not to mention that after yesterday he is now leading the league in sacks.

Posted by: nunof1 | June 14, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Imjustlikemusiq -

Keep in mind, all this season, Dunn has stunk it up when he's been needed the most.

AVG / SLG Bases Empty .325 / .698
AVG / SLG Runners On .242 / .424
AVG / SLG Runners In Scoring Position .172 / .293
AVG / SLG RISP & 2 Outs (0 for 25) .000 / .000

You can interpret this however you like.
I interpret this to be that a whole slew of coaches and pitchers know how to get Dunn out when they really need to.

And it should be noted that this is not a 3 month anomoly. This has been Adam Dunn his entire career.
Career RISP .230 / .476
Career RISP & 2 Outs .210 / .432

That said, I'd still strongly prefer the Nats sign and extend Dunn. He shown over the last couple months that he can be less selective (a good thing) and it translates into him putting more balls into play. His defense at first is certainly good enough. His character / attitude is great. And we have nothing good as far as alternatives anyway.

Nyjer on the other hand has demonstrated very clearly that last year *was* an anomoly, and he's just not a very good baseball player. He's made several defensive mistakes that no AA outfielder should make. Same with baserunning. And there's no reason to believe he'll ever hit anything close to .351 like last year as a Nat. For 2 months last year, he was our MVP no questions asked. But aside from rosy eyed optimism, there's no reason to believe we'll ever see TPlush circa 2009 again.

Posted by: Sunderland | June 14, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

The whole thing makes sense to me only if Riggleman meant every five PLAYING days.

There's something of a precedent. Casey Stengel would juggle the Yankees' rotation to give Whitey Ford extra starts against the Yanks' toughest opponents and fewer starts against the weak ones. (NOTE TO SELF: Look up Ford's career start numbers against Senators and Athletics...) Makes Ford's career all the more impressive.

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

natsbiscuit said:
***********
Completely agree

******
nunof1 said
Not to mention that after yesterday he is now leading the league in sacks.
******
Nicely played

Posted by: Sunderland | June 14, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Hey Gang-just checking in.....ya know, one of the things I really enjoy about us NJ'ers (and Insiders-seems that we're twinned!) is that for all the spirited debate and difference of opinion, we tend to be "good sports"....even some of us with the more extreme takes-well, they still seem to have a good grasp of the game...and their points, even if argued a bit over the top-well, they have merit and I find myself in agreement on a regular basis. I say all that to say this - remember, we're ALL fans of this team..and I believe one of the things that we love baseball for is the ABSENCE of bombastic name calling that seems to dominate the rest of the human world.....now, reading what I've written so far I sound to myself like some old Mr Rodgers!!! And while I'm old-53-don't misconstrue this as a "can't we all just get along" plea. I LOVE fire (and one of my pet gripes is the seeming lack of it on this team).
Still....it IS only a game (although well documented here that my quality of life suffers when we lose!)
SO.....everything EVERYONE's said above???-I agree!
Funny, huh? But I'm sincere-because there always are at LEAST two sides to every story.....that's what makes this game and place so fascinating...but just because I may disagree with you doesn't make you an imbecile or a murderer. 'Cause that'd be ME I was accusing (since I see merit in all of these assessments of the team and its' weaknesses)
It's all grand.....
Dang, nary a word about the Nats from me yet, and I gotta run!
Sweep the Tigers!
Go Nats!!!!

Posted by: zendo | June 14, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

>Nyjer Morgan

The Morgan/Burnett for Milledge/Hanrahan trade was and still is a good trade for the Nats. The two players we received are far superior, especially Burnett, to the players we gave up.

That being said, Morgan has turned out to be not a very good player. He's an average to below average hitter and is even worse in the outfield. What concerns me is sometimes GM's don't want to demote or cut players they made a big deal out of trading for. Makes them look bad. So I'm afraid that Rizzo is tying himself to Morgan. And Morgan shouldn't even be starting anymore in CF. Bernadina should be starting in CF and Morse in RF.
Morgan is regressing in center and has become a huge liability out there, as has Kennedy at 2nd.

Try to keep Morgan, Kennedy and Nieves off the field and the Nats will do much better.
Bring up another catcher pronto and figure out how to cut ties with Morgan or have him come off the bench.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 14, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

I do tend to be on the fence with Dunn, but I think you absolutely have to consider a deadline trade if you can get a viable young option at RF, CF, or 2B. Those are the most glaring needs right now and there are no options in the minors that are ready to contribute. The Nats know they can probably extend Dunn if they want to and are just waiting for closer to the deadline to do it or trade him. This will be a good test of their scouting skills and desire to stick with a realistic plan to build this team as a future contender - I've said it over and over again they are not a team that is ready to contend now and should be under no misconceptions about it.

Posted by: bendersx6 | June 14, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

"Yeah, I don't understand the "every five DAYS" rotation for SS. If Friday's a rainout, does that mean he misses his turn? That would be ridiculous. Would he miss his turn if the fifth day is an off day? Does he get inserted in a different spot in the rotation whenever there's an off day?

The whole thing makes sense to me only if Riggleman meant every five PLAYING days"

If Strasburg pitches every five days or every five games, either way he has seven starts before the All Star Break. (Counting the two he's already made.) However, if he pitches every five days five of those seven starts will be at home, but if he pitches every five games only four of them are at home. Thus it makes a lot of sense to pitch him every five days now, because the Nats get one more big payday out of him before the ASB, when everything gets reset. No other pitcher has to skip a start for them to do that, they just end up getting an extra day of rest here and there. Ben Goessling laid it all out on the MASN site a few days ago.

And if there are any rainouts on days Strasburg is supposed to pitch, no they won't skip his start. They'll just push everything back a day. Of course, that would mess up the carefully laid out every five day plan, but that's the price you pay. That's also why teams don't announce their starting pitchers any more than a couple days ahead of time. Sh*t happens.

Posted by: nunof1 | June 14, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Its painful to me that Morgan has been so bad when last year he was just using his speed to make amazing play after amazing play. I would not say the team should give up on him yet. But I would love for a industrious reporter to actually try and find out what is causing the slump, you know ask Morgan, Rizzo and Riggelman what's going on?

Posted by: alex35332 | June 14, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Sunderland- if there was such a clear cut way to get Dunn out, why not implement it each AB not just with RISP? Doesnt make sense. The RISP seems more flukey than anything to me.

Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq | June 14, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

My point with Morgan, though, wasn't that he'll definitely turn things around ( although I know he isn't THIS bad). Rather, I was making a point that people are too ready to bury slumping players. At least give the guy til the AS break to PLAY out of his slump, just like Dunn hit out of his slump

Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq | June 14, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

Was anyone else disappointed this post wasn't about zombies?

Regarding Dunn with RISP, I did a post on this a few weeks ago, showing that the avg-w.-RISP stat alone didn't accurately capture the situation, I'll try to find it, but maybe 1a can beat me to it?

Posted by: Section506 | June 14, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

>>At least give the guy til the AS break to PLAY out of his slump, just like Dunn hit out of his slump Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq

I would totally agree if it was simply an offensive drought we were talking about. But Morgan has shown he is not a major league center fielder. That's what I'm talking about. He doesn't see the ball off the bat. He completely misplays flies over and over. And half the time when he leaps for balls they fall below where he is actually reaching. That is not going to improve. We need a capable center fielder.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 14, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I agree 100% with the Rangers scout on Strasburg, if he takes more off his changeup and uses it less, he becomes unhittable.

Posted by: markfd | June 14, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Trading Dunn for young talent is the kind of thing the Pirates would do. You're not going to get team cornerstones in trade for a 2 month rental - well, unless Bavasi of the Mariners gets back in the game. The Nats have one of the best 3-4-5 in the NL. Pay some MONEY to build around them! Act like a big boy team, not a poor small market also-ran. To win, you need good players, not potential.

The Nats have 4 position players who are high level starters on a contending team - Zimm, Desmond, Hammer, Dunn. Bernandina might be a long term CF solution assuming Nyjer doesn't get it together.

If the pitching comes together as predicted, why not contend in the next 2-3 years while Hammer and Dunn are still productive?

Posted by: utec | June 14, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

One good thing about Nyjer's 0-5 day yesterday: 0 CS.

Posted by: SorenKierkegaard | June 14, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Unless you are Rizzo and thinking in the offseason you get a Fielder or Gonzalez then I think you lock Dunn up.. he's solid, wants to be here and by all accounts a great clubhouse guy.

As for Nyjer, before the season I said I ws worried about him and the board lambasted me with his stats for the previous years. Funny how a couple of months changes things.

Posted by: SCNatsFan | June 14, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

". . . GM's don't want to demote or cut players they made a big deal out of trading for. Makes them look bad. So I'm afraid that Rizzo is tying himself to Morgan."

You nailed it, Dove. Rizzo told Kasten last year he was about to trade for the best CF in the major leagues. Ooops!

So we're going to see a lot more of Nyjer, like it or not. Funny (odd) he can't bunt well or steal second.

Dunn's beginning to grow on me. He's a great presence, whether barreling through a rookie catcher, standing at first yakking with whoever's there, or being a dugout comic. He does seem to be adequate at first and he's fun to watch at the plate. The bubblegum? Well, I'll take a pass.

Posted by: JohnRDC | June 14, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

@506: I knew it wasn't about zombies, 'cuz if it had been, the post title would have been, "The Nationals are feeding ON Stephen Strasburg."

Plus, Nationals Zombie Day isn't until October 1.

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the five-days explanation, nunof1. But I hope you're wrong; I have tix for Saturday (bobblehead night), not Friday.

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Not that ESPN is the authority, but they have Friday's pitching matchup listed as Buehrle v. Strasburg.

Posted by: Cavalier83 | June 14, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Strasburg is great no doubt, but dont you think the offensive production when he has pitched has a little more to do with it being against Pittsburgh and Cleveland than it does the team getting jazzed in his starts? Just saying, you know?

Posted by: dbrine1261 | June 14, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Imjustlikemusiq
************
Zendo will be so pleased that we can disagree in such a mannerly way.
Interpret the stats as you wish, that's what I do too.
But keep in mind Dunn's career numbers with RISP. Ten years in MLB, and he's never been very effective in pressure situations.

I like his approach now, less selective, fewer walks, put the ball in play, let pitchers know you're swinging.

And I definitely want him re-signed. The return in trade for a 2 month rental (as utec pointed out) would be minimal.
And we'd replace him with Michael Morse.

Be better to keep him till the end of the year, hope he gets classified as a Type A free agent, tender him an offer and either re-sign him or get 2 draft picks out of him.

Posted by: Sunderland | June 14, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

So FOX screwed up the Nats saturday start time so they could televise J.D. Martin pitching against the White Sox? Hahahahaha!!!!! Stupid FOX.

Posted by: natbiscuits | June 14, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Strasburg and Livo,
then hit TiVo.

Posted by: Drew8 | June 14, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Unless, of course, they're figuring on giving up a second-round pick and lots of cash for Adrian Gonzales at first.

Naaaah.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 14, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

First of all, gilbert and nunof, you guys owe me a new monitor for your spew-inducing comments about startling grass growing and Dunn leading the league in sacks :) I'm sure Dunn and the umpire let young Mr. Santana know that "if a truck is going to hit you and you don't have the ball, you might wanna move....and if a truck is going to hit you and you DO have the ball, no one is going to think any less of you if you move and try the sweep tag....you know, if you want to have a career that lasts longer than Dunn's bubble gum"

So here are my thoughts about the upcoming month for young Mr. Strasburg. He's starting every 5th day period, unless HIS start is rained out. If Lannan gets rained out tomorrow, Strasburg still pitches on Friday and whoever would have pitched according to rotation (Stammen?) is either moved to Saturday or skipped over. This means he pitches 6/18, 6/23, 6/28, 7/3 and 7/8. His next start would be 7/13...the date of the All-Star Game. How nice is that? You have to figure if he continues to pitch as he has so far (and why wouldn't he) that Butt Selig will make damn sure the NL manager picks Strasburg for the team and probably to start. Imagine the ratings for that (as I'm sure Selig has). But for us, it keeps him right on his every 5 day cycle, pitching again on 7/18.

Wouldn't you like to see SS top Carl Hubbell, especially given that it would be his regular day to pitch anyway?

Posted by: RPrecupjr | June 14, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

>>Butt Selig will make damn sure the NL manager picks Strasburg for the team and probably to start.

Disagree with this. First off Jimenez starts the All Star game. And with only 7 starts, I'm not sure Stras will have enough games under his belt to even be considered qualified to play.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 14, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

@RPrecupjr: "First of all, gilbert and nunof, you guys owe me a new monitor..."

Sure. Send me your email address and I'll send you a voucher you can take to Best Buy.

Whether they honor it or not is between you and them...

Posted by: gilbertbp | June 14, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Last time I looked, there weren't a lot of 40-home run guys who were stil in their prime available on the free agency or trade market. Dunn has his limitations, but he's improving at 1st and provides major protection in the lineup for Zimmerman. It's no coincidence that his addition last season helped Zimm put up his best stats ever.

It's time for the Lerners to put up or shut up when it comes to re-signing both Dunn and Willingham. Dunn clearly would like to stay here and one would think a 4 year deal for $40-45 million would do it. It would be stupid to trade Dunn for more prospects when we clearly need another big bat in the lineup.

Posted by: wizfan89 | June 14, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Dunn is a real tricky case. What will you get, the Dunn of April and May, who couldn't hit lefties to save his life and was batting about .100 with RISP? Or the Dunn of June, who is so locked in, he's crushing everything in site and spitting on the outside off-the-plate breaking balls that were making him look like Stevie Wonder up there. When he gets into a funk, man, he's dead meat. But when he's in the zone, he's something to behold. Tough call.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 14, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I only give vouchers for Circuit City.

Posted by: nunof1 | June 14, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Dove, I retract my statement regarding having SS start, you're right about UJ being the starter, but I stand by my thoughts regarding SS and the ASG.

Posted by: RPrecupjr | June 14, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

What you will get with Dunn couldn't be clearer. You'll get 40 home runs, 100 RBI and about a .260 avg.

Mike Rizzo says he's a big believer in players' track records. Dunn's track record is about as consistent as they get.

As Boz notes, it's also to be prized. Ask the Orioles how easy it is to find a 40-homer bat.

Posted by: Drew8 | June 14, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I've heard a bunch of speculation about Stras perhaps pitching in the AS Game too, including Buck and McCarver talking about it on Saturday during the Phils-BoSox game.

While I think it's a long-shot that he would be selected with only 7 starts under his belt, I think it's also likely that the Nats would ask that he not be named to the team. The word is that they want to give him about 2 weeks of complete rest around the AS Break, which they believe will help protect his arm.

Posted by: CoverageisLacking | June 14, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

From your kb to Charlie Manuel's ear ...

*************