The Stephen Strasburg effect spreads

stras gear clevelan.jpg

The Indians have already sold more 8,000 tickets to Sunday's game since the announcement that Stephen Strasburg to start it. This afternoon, the vendors at Progressive Field were, um, getting ready.

By Adam Kilgore  |  June 11, 2010; 3:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Today's lineups
Next: Kerry Wood on Stephen Strasburg: 'It's going to be more intense for him'

Comments

Strasmas has turned into Strasmania.

Posted by: visionof75 | June 11, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

I hope the Nats get a piece of the action for each jersey that is sold. Having Strasburg's bonus paid up through the additional revenue would be a great reminder that it doesn't make sense to be "penny wise, pound foolish". I hope also that Strasburg and then Harper will lead to increased revenue on Half St. that leads to the District making its initial investment back in a reasonable time.

My main concern was always getting the team, but if Strasburg leads to DC becoming a baseball town, the flow of money will prove the skeptics wrong in the end, and maybe even win them over.

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | June 11, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

All I have to say is PLAY Morse. Play MORSE today. He cut his hair, changed his first name to "Michael" and is hitting .417 with a .500 OBP, and a .583 SLG.

What does it take Riggs? If Guz is hot you stick him in right field where he is lost. You stick Harris in right field where he got lost? What does it take dude? What does it take?

Posted by: periculum | June 11, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

If I were an Indians fan going to the games this weekend I would be livid over that.

Posted by: CapsNut | June 11, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Considering Mutts and Filthy jerseys are always on full display during games in the Nats team store, this is absolutely beautiful.

Posted by: DangerNat | June 11, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Manny would never do this. This is hilarious. Uncle Lou is upset with people who don't agree with his management style. Even money he's gone by the time they get here.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 11, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

whoops, too quick
www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=387364

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 11, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

This is awesome.

Posted by: autobits | June 11, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

CapsNut, WADR, "livid" seems like over-reacting, to me. Nobody dies from a out-of-town jersey; somebody's making a living off it, in fact.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 11, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

and I only mention it because people do seem to get genuinely livid over the darnedest things around here, and presumably in Cleveland, too.

Posted by: Sec3mysofa | June 11, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CapPeterson1 | June 11, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, Cleveland, he's our's. You have Sabathia. Oh wait, never mind.

Posted by: slewis1 | June 11, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

"willie harris" sounds too much like "wil nieves" to me. and neither of them should ever bat 6th.

Posted by: longterm | June 11, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CapsNut | June 11, 2010 4:11 PM

I think Tribe fans have a lot more things to be livid about. These was a perennial sell-out, playoff caliber franchise that's now last in attendance with just about no hope for the future (cept a good young catcher).

Posted by: Kev29 | June 11, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

Whoever on the last thread said that Riggs was an idiot for burning Gonzalez and pinch hitting Harris can't see the forest for the trees. Harris absolutely blistered that ball and the fielder was only able to make that play because the infield was playing in. Infield at regular depth and that single scores two. Obviously, all Harris needs to do is elevate the ball a little for a sacrifice fly. However, who's to say that Gonzo would have done anything different?

Posted by: Cavalier83 | June 11, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

I too do not understand why and am concerned--almost to the point of lividity, or lividiousness?--that Morse is not starting. But that means I'm on the same side as Peric and Dovelevine, and that makes me livid too.Posted by: CapPeterson1

Hey now. Welcome to the dark side.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 11, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

>>Whoever on the last thread said that Riggs was an idiot for burning Gonzalez and pinch hitting Harris can't see the forest for the trees. Harris absolutely blistered that ball

Uh that would be moi. And blistered? Hardly. Watch it again or listen to the play by play. Dibbs even called it a soft liner. It was weak.

Posted by: dovelevine | June 11, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

periculum,you're right.They have to find a spot for that bat.He is clearly a professional hitter.

Posted by: seanmg | June 12, 2010 1:12 AM | Report abuse

The new year approaching, click in. Let's facelift bar!
====== http://goph3r.com/189 =====