Today's lineups

Josh Willingham is out of the lineup today as the Nationals try to scratch some runs together against Tim Hudson.

Nationals

5. Eric Hinske, LF
6. Troy Glaus, 1B
7. Alex Gonzalez, SS
8. Melky Cabrera, CF
9. Tim Hudson, SP

By Adam Kilgore  |  July 28, 2010; 3:20 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Rizzo taking calls, considering options before trade deadline
Next: Josh Willingham gets the day off

Comments

IRod, Harris and Desmond? I don't think they will "scratch" any runs today.

Posted by: periculum | July 28, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

So Bernadina and Harris are going to platoon in LF and leave RF open? Could be an interesting evening. Guess Kennedy will be playing deep at 2B.

5. Roger Bernadina, LF
6. Ivan Rodriguez, C
7. Willie Harris, LF

Posted by: Batboy05 | July 28, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Everyone knows the Braves can't hit to RF.

Posted by: C-way | July 28, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

YO! Tim Hudson has owned us over the past few years Livo and the Nats will have to be on their "A" game tonite.

Posted by: dargregmag | July 28, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Plug Dunn into the braves lineup at cleanup, puch McCann down to 5th, and the braves win 95+ games next year with hat lineup. That is how valuable clubs will view Dunn. If he makes it to the off season he's gone. SOmeone will pay him more and show him more love than the nats (who have been paying lip-service to extending him while giving him the cold shoulder in not bargaining with him on the extension).

Posted by: dfh21 | July 28, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

What, doesn't anyone want a partial ticket refund because the Hammer's sitting out?

Posted by: SorenKierkegaard | July 28, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

I want a full ticket refund because my view from LF will now be obscured by two people playing there and blocking my view, SK.

Posted by: Highway295Revisited | July 28, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I agree dfh21. The LernerStanks are to cheap to pay the freight for Dunn. It's a damn shame. I fear that they are just going to let him walk and take the draft picks. Soriano revisited.

Posted by: Section505203 | July 28, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

RE: Dunn...
I would like to see him signed as much as the next person. If people are comparing him to Soriano, we have to look at the big picture. The Cubs have an albatros of a contract now. If Someone wants to "pay the freight" for Dunn to the tune of $60M, I say let them. I don't see Dunn peaking much from what he is doing now. If we ended up signing him for that much and he starts to tank, how many of you will complain that we shouldn't have done such a deal?
I guess that, either way, people will find something to gripe about. If he is not traded, I think the Nats will be fair and offer 2yrs with an option/buy out third year or perhaps a vesting option. I am really not sure who else would be willing to go 4/60M.

Posted by: TimDz | July 28, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Two left fielders? How in the hell can Morse ever get into a game? I cannot figure this out. Harris must have photos of Rizzo.

Posted by: MKadyman | July 28, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

They don't want Mike to start.. I wish another team would pick him up so he would get a fair chance of playing everyday.It's a darn shame that there best hitter is on the bench. Rizzo and Riggleman are CLOWNS.

Posted by: chiro1623 | July 28, 2010 5:28 PM | Report abuse

Damn, Tim Hudson. Well, maybe we'll get him this time.

Posted by: 202character | July 28, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

Damn, Tim Hudson. Well, maybe we'll get him this time.

Posted by: 202character | July 28, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse