Ryan Zimmerman scratched with strained rib

Third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is out of today's lineup with a strained rib muscle, meaning both he and Adam Dunn will not start. Dunn said he is "100 percent" available to pinch-hit.

Here's the new Nationals lineup:

1. Danny Espinosa, 2B
2. Adam Kennedy, 1B
3. Ian Desmond, SS
4. Michael Morse, RF
5. Roger Bernadina, LF
6. Wilson Ramos, C
7. Justin Maxwell, CF
8. Alberto Gonzalez, 3B
9. Ross Detwiler, SP

By Adam Kilgore  | September 23, 2010; 3:41 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Poll: Reaction to Kasten's departure
Next: Stan Kasten leaving the Nationals

Comments

Does this qualify as a reverse lock?

Posted by: NatsDLite | September 23, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

Ew.

Posted by: TheJoeGreene | September 23, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Reverse lock indeed. This line-up will surprise everyone...little fish will rise to the occasion with the whales on the bench!

Posted by: pryorcommitments | September 23, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

I guess Riggleman wanted to avoid having 2 pitchers hit back-to-back, so he inserted Gonzo in the 8 hole between JMax and Detwiler, but if I were Gonzo I'd still lodge a protest with the players' union for having to hit behind Maxwell.

Posted by: thelonghaul | September 23, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Wow...more indians no chiefs or something like that...just don't look right.

Posted by: Berndaddy | September 23, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

If I didn't know any better I'd think this was a 2011 Spring Training lineup....

Posted by: Juan-John1 | September 23, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Looks more like a Triple A lineup.

Posted by: bupbups | September 23, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I just want to see Detwiler throw fairly well. Any runs would be a bonus.

Posted by: Kev29 | September 23, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

where's the other split-squad playing? Viera?

Posted by: erocks33 | September 23, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I for one am happy that we've had Single-A baseball in DC the last 6 years. The stadium is a little big, but oh well...I didn't pay for it.

Posted by: jwing14 | September 23, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Like I said...

Posted by: NatsDLite | September 23, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

All I know is I was cheering like a softball girl watching that "split-squad," "triple A" lineup give us some great defense and some timely hitting. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | September 23, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse