Posted at 8:26 AM ET, 03/ 3/2011

Today's Nationals lineup, travel roster

By Adam Kilgore

Jordan Zimmermann gets his first start of the spring today against the Cardinals in Jupiter (town, not planet). Ryan Zimmerman will not make the trip, but Jayson Werth will. Bryce Harper, not starting, will travel, too. The full lineup:

Nationals

Jhonthan Solano
Chris Marrero
Bryce Harper
Jason Frazier
Jonathan Van Every

By Adam Kilgore  | March 3, 2011; 8:26 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Yunesky Maya's new strike zone
Next: Bryce Harper will play against the New York Yankees

Comments

Today's game will be broadcast on XM 186. Saturday's game agains the Yankees will also be on Sirius/XM. If any of you missed this, 106.7 (or at times, AM1580) will also broadcast 10 games:

Posted by: kevincostello | March 3, 2011 8:47 AM | Report abuse

It would be ON Jupiter nit in Jupiter, if you refering to the planet. so no need for the correction. I guess also Morgan gets is shot to shine. Good Luck you will need it.

Posted by: hansenjo | March 3, 2011 9:03 AM | Report abuse

Really? You're taking shots at Kilgore's Jupiter joke and you have, like, three typos and a big old [sic] that needs to be applied to "if you refering to the planet"?

Everyone dial it down from 11 on picking on Kilgore's writing. The dude's posting multiple times per day, and posting good stuff, for which I am grateful.

No, I'm not Kilgore's mom, but we need to lighten up a bit with the "gotcha!" stuff.

Posted by: Section220 | March 3, 2011 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Obviously, I'm missing T. Ham's FTF, but in looking at the lineup, something bugs me. Well, that in combination with John Kelly's piece, today, on typos.

That is: Every time I look at Jhonthan Solano's name, it absolutely looks like a typo. I know it isn't. He has the absolute right to spell his name any way he wants, but...

Posted by: mikecatcher50 | March 3, 2011 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Section220:
Amen. Thanks for the work, Adam.

Posted by: stantonpark | March 3, 2011 9:33 AM | Report abuse

It seems most springs there is a player whose release comes as something as a shock. Last year it was Dukes. A few years ago it was John Patterson. Any guesses on who it will be this year?

Posted by: twinbrook | March 3, 2011 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Agree with Section220 and stantonpark; nice work Adam.

Posted by: Sidebar | March 3, 2011 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Cosmo06 | March 3, 2011 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Ditto, Section220, stantonpark, and Sidebar. Adam writes very well in his columns. Blogs are done quickly with the intent to impart information. I was a high school English teacher and a writer, but I imagine I make all kinds of mistakes blogging. Suppose I should proof read this--ah, what the heck.

Posted by: jcampbell1 | March 3, 2011 10:06 AM | Report abuse

"Blogs are done quickly with the intent to impart information. I was a high school English teacher and a writer, but I imagine I make all kinds of mistakes blogging."

Speaking of jerk attitudes, jcampbell1, when you were a HS English teacher how would you have handled this scenario? Student turns in a paper with a crucial sentence left out, which totally obscures the meaning of what he wrote. You point out that his writing makes no sense, and the student goes back into the paper, inserts the sentence, and says "Let's pretend this never happened." Not even a "my bad" out of him as he does it. You're a jerk for pointing out his mistake, right?

Posted by: FeelWood | March 3, 2011 10:42 AM | Report abuse

"Actually, the whole "town, not planet" shtick should have been retired when Svrluga moved on."

At least we're not subjected to "Chico, the pitcher not the writer" any more. Baby steps.

Posted by: FeelWood | March 3, 2011 10:46 AM | Report abuse

FeelWood -- My bad. That's not being wise, either. I messed up early this morning (too early, clearly!) and was in a rush trying to make the fix. Thanks for pointing it out, honestly.

Posted by: AdamKilgore | March 3, 2011 10:47 AM | Report abuse

Enough already from the grammar police and writing critics. Let's focus on baseball.

Posted by: Natsgal | March 3, 2011 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Kilgore has to have the jokes ready for his next big UTube WaPo video appearance ... ;)

You know who cares? The Nats are winning and even though its spring they are showing some new found resolve to do more than flail and flap like fish in the Giggleman's SS Minnow.

Posted by: periculum | March 3, 2011 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Natsgal | March 3, 2011 10:52 AM

Good luck doing that in this nut house

Posted by: Kev29 | March 3, 2011 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Jupiter (Florida) is also the home of Burt Reynolds. In case anyone is interested.

Posted by: Slidell | March 3, 2011 11:31 AM | Report abuse

"can't we alls just get along"
The sun is shining. The Nats are 3-0. Nyjer is playing himslef out of a job early. All things are looking good.
Please keep all Jupiter / Panera et. al. jokes going. I like the continuity.

Adam, I would like you hear your comments about the Nats broadcasting only 10 ST games. I'm sure the big market teams do every game in ST but not as sure about the smaller markets. Are we average / below average? Seems like a good way to draw interest with little cost but thats just me.

Posted by: brianbu | March 3, 2011 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Speaking of our former model citizen...

("Dukes accused of battery of pregnant woman; held without bond").

Who'd a thunk it? Apparently being freed from the bad influences of the Nat's clubhouse wasn't quite enough to lead him to a life of simple virtue.

Posted by: joebleux | March 3, 2011 11:33 AM | Report abuse

From Kilgore on the 28th:

Jesus Flores made his first appearance as a catcher in a major league game since May 9, 2009, when a foul tip dinged his right shoulder and led to excruciating injuries and rehab. He pinch-hit for Jesus Flores in the fifth and then caught the remainder of the game.

P.S. I love reading Adam too, but sometimes he makes my head hurt.

Posted by: hansenjo | March 3, 2011 11:34 AM | Report abuse

"I'm sure the big market teams do every game in ST but not as sure about the smaller markets."

The Mets would be considered a big market team, wouldn't they? They're not doing radio broadcasts of all their spring training games either - as was seen by the lack of them broadcasting the two games against the Nats earlier this week. Actually, I'd be surprised if any MLB team does radio broadcasts of all its spring training games.

Posted by: FeelWood | March 3, 2011 11:46 AM | Report abuse

You all need to learn how to scroll past the postings of the many monikered and pompous poster that is ABM, or in this case FeelWood.

Adam,

You're doing a great job. ABM's, or Feelwood's in this case, opinions should be as worrisome to you as a cloudy day.

Posted by: Section505203 | March 3, 2011 12:26 PM | Report abuse

I go to the sports section, baseball in particular, to avoid all the anger and pettiness that permeates the rest of the news. It's amazing though, you can't avoid people who love being miserable.

Posted by: sollazo | March 3, 2011 12:40 PM | Report abuse

As has been noted, "in" was correct because AK's reference was to the town. IMHO, the "town, not planet" line is a welcome homage to the Blogfather, as I believe it was Svar, um, Sevar, um Svrloo, um, Barry. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 3, 2011 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Typesetter, please insert "who started that" after "Barry." 'kay, thanks. Carry on with the game updates, AK. They're great.

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | March 3, 2011 1:11 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad to finally be able to listen to the game, but oh man, the old gruff announcer for the Cards (Mike something-or-other) as downright awful! It's like listening to Sam Huff.

Posted by: combedge | March 3, 2011 1:18 PM | Report abuse