Police Say Water Bottle Taken From Vick at Miami Airport Had Secret Compartment and Substance that Smelled Like Marijuana

A water bottle taken from Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick by security screeners at the Miami airport Wednesday had a hidden compartment with a residue that smelled like marijuana, according to police.

No charges were filed immediately but the bottle was to be sent to a lab for analysis, according to police.

Vick reportedly surrendered the 20-ounce bottle reluctantly and then boarded his flight to Atlanta.

According to a police report, Vick's reluctance to surrender the water bottle made a screener suspicious. The screener retrieved the bottle from a recycling bin and examined it, finding the concealed compartment and then alerting a supervisor.

Falcons officials declined to comment at length until after speaking to Vick. The quarterback reportedly was at the team's training facility Wednesday but was unable to speak to recently hired coach Bobby Petrino because Petrino had other commitments.

By Mark Maske |  January 18, 2007; 10:09 AM ET  | Category:  Falcons
Previous: Cameron Having Second Interview With Dolphins | Next: Conference Championships Picks

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

So how dumb can I be and still be a starting NFL quarterback? I'll just take some pot to the airport in a hidden compartment. They never check for drugs there. Besides, I'm an athlete, and have always been above the law before in backwoods Virginnie. I have a terrible work ethic, flip off fans when they boo me, and my coach gets fired for not being able to make me play with any consistency. Why is everyone always picking on me and my little brother?!? We are classy guys! I even donated a matching amount as my fine to charity!

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 10:39 AM

Hey, did I mention that they discriminate against us Vick brothers in Florida? That Abe Brown character got Marcus in trouble in the Gator Bowl for no reason, and those you-don't-professionalize-unless-you-federalize TSA workers in Miami have it in for me too! WHY would they be checking for drugs in Miami's airport?!?

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 10:45 AM

That wasn't Michael Vick, that was some guy named Ron Mexico.

bc

Posted by: bc | January 18, 2007 11:17 AM

I'm not going to defend what Vick allegedly did -- who doesn't know you can't bring a water bottle on a plane anymore? -- but I'd hardly call Hampton Roads the "backwoods" since it's probably more urban and developed than about 85% of the rest of the country.

But thanks for playing, previous poster.

Posted by: Ron Mexico | January 18, 2007 11:20 AM

Yeah, but Blacksburg is considered the "backwoods."

Posted by: Hokies | January 18, 2007 11:26 AM

I hope the cops remember to dust for finger prints. This guy should be playing on NFL All Pro Prison Team with all the Bengals and Chargers. Talk about a guy that doesn't get it....

Posted by: Mike | January 18, 2007 11:27 AM

Like the old commercial....

"Why do you think they call it dope?"

Well, that certainly makes it easier for the next coach to drop the undertalented, overhyped Vick and use Matt Schaub.

Too bad for the rest of the NFL that Atlanta may be getting a decent QB soon.

Posted by: Like the old commercial | January 18, 2007 11:28 AM

Just goes to show you that vick not only is a coach killer, but a team killer who is unreliable to lead Atl anywhere. He is a running QB that cannot throw the ball accurately at all and if I was Petrino, I would want to trade him ASAP so I can play Schaub.

This is coming from a VT grad no less.

Posted by: bj | January 18, 2007 11:29 AM

I don't like Michael Vick. I think he's got a big chip on his shoulder. Also, a QB should *not* be one of your top rushers. It puts him unnecessarily at risk for injury. Scrambling should be what happens when the defense is about to sack the QB. If he wants to run so bad, he should change position to RB. He'd probably be better there anyway. Plus he's just obnoxious.

Posted by: fft5305 | January 18, 2007 11:30 AM

I like nothing better than to see a conviction before all the facts are in!

Posted by: George W. Bush | January 18, 2007 11:34 AM

Why can't they just let Vick enjoy a little weed in the off-season? The NFL season is a grind, and ganja is good for the soul.

Posted by: jj44 | January 18, 2007 11:49 AM

This is America! You are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty. Sometime people need to walk a mile in someone else shoes before they start to critize. We are all human and subject to mistakes. So is Michael Vick!

Posted by: DAW | January 18, 2007 11:55 AM

I actually hope Vick asks for a trade so he can give the his haters/Schaub lovers what they truly crave: ATL's return to irrelevancy in the NFL.

Posted by: A. John | January 18, 2007 11:57 AM

Honestly who cares if he was trying to smuggle some herb. I do not see what the big deal is with marijuana in the first place. I think it is a joke that someone can go and order an alcoholic beverage and not be subjected to such negative scrunity, but when comes to herb everyone is so uptight. Leave the man alone. As long as he produces that is all that matters. Maybe the Falcons would be in the playoffs if they surrounded Vick with some capable receivers.

Posted by: Todd | January 18, 2007 11:58 AM

Whatever Vick did or didn't do, the problem is this: searchiing a bottle of water tossed in a trash can and finding a trace amt of MJ belies everything this BS at the airports claims to be about. It's supposed to stop terrorism; now it's being used to sniff out personal amounts of drugs. What next? trans fat in snacks?

Posted by: adrian | January 18, 2007 12:01 PM

The best part is that he tried to hide his weed in a compartment in a WATER BOTTLE. Those get confiscated even when they just have WATER in them! Nice move, Mr. Mexico!

Posted by: Jake | January 18, 2007 12:07 PM

Hey DAW, innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW! And that is only in criminal court. In the court of public opinion you have no such rights. No one said he couldn't make a mistake, but in the real world you are responsible for taking the punishment for mistakes.

Posted by: Court of Law | January 18, 2007 12:08 PM

I definitely agree with adrian, though.

Posted by: Jake | January 18, 2007 12:09 PM

Who cares? Get off the freaking Mayflower and relax you stupid Pilgrims! Just another day in the land of the hypocrites.

Posted by: AKfaust | January 18, 2007 12:12 PM

Hey people,

a compartment that smelled like marijuana, is not the same as a dime bag. It seems all of you who are ready to condemn this guy shoud put down your bongs , get on your kness and thank God that the petty, player-hatain' standards you are applying to Michael Vick aren't applied to you. What has this coubtry come to?

Posted by: TerrapinJoe | January 18, 2007 12:17 PM

For Mr. Vick, I hope he has to sweat a little just like us little people. How stupid can you be.

re the laws against pot, how many people smoke pot in the U.S. and there's still a war against drugs being waged? Sounds like it is doing as well as we are in Iraq. We should drop the farcial war, legalize it, and tax the bejesus out of it.

Posted by: JP | January 18, 2007 12:18 PM

It seems that security at airposts is not totally about preventing terrorism. This incident demonstrates that "security" is also about intruding into personal lives. Airport Security needs oversite. We now, demonstably, our congressional representatives must demand that security sceeners understand that they are there to protect us from terrorism, not subject us to warrantless searches of our personal lives.

Posted by: B. L. M. | January 18, 2007 12:20 PM

I love the people here who keep crying about "inncent until proven guilty in a court of law". Umm, we AREN'T in a court of law. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty - that's why he isn't in jail. But that doesn't preclude us from having opinions about him based on his previous behavior. And seriously, Adrian, airport security has ALWAYS been about stopping drugs. And the bottle wasn't in a trash can...he was reluctant to place it in the tub to go through screening. How would that NOT cause suspicion. Read the freakin' article before you post stupid responses.

Posted by: Mark | January 18, 2007 12:24 PM

What was he doing in Miami, maaaannn? Trying to get Ricky Williams to join da Falcons? I and I think yes!

Posted by: Rastaman Vibrations | January 18, 2007 12:37 PM

Hey, Mike just got those drugs out of someone else's water bottle.

Posted by: DeWayne | January 18, 2007 12:37 PM

Again, this has nothing to do with your pro or anti-Vick sentiments. The facts remain that someone who happens to have thousands of fans, an entire team under his guidance, a beyond-loyal owner, kids (?), and a littany of corporate sponsors goes and constructs a ridiculous method to carry around weed.

Regardless of your beliefs, weed is illegal and you can and will get arrested for it. I don't like it, but them's the facts. For Vick to go and act like a teenager thinking he can fool airport security is moronic. Can't these million dollar athletes at least get it through their heads to have their buddies do their dirty work for them, or at the very least, try to pick up their weed once they land in the city their staying at? Unreal.

Posted by: Bewildered | January 18, 2007 12:39 PM

So what's the big deal? He threw away the banned liquid--safety guideline, now give him his weed and let him go.

Posted by: Konnell | January 18, 2007 12:44 PM

Free Ron Mexico!!!

Posted by: Don Mexico | January 18, 2007 12:49 PM

Hokie! Hokie! High!

It runs in the family! A better-than-average arm, great speed and a disappointing career. BTW, has anyone heard from Marcus lately in Miami?

Posted by: Skins Fan | January 18, 2007 12:51 PM

They don't call that man a "coach killer" for nothing! Apparently rational thinking is not something that is part of him. I do not believe that the TSA screeners should also be the drug agents in the airports. Nevertheless they have stuck their heads into all kind of social situations under the guise of "security" so one should know what could happen. This guy was not sitting in the front row when the Good Lord handed out the brains.

Posted by: Opa | January 18, 2007 12:54 PM

Anyone who uses drugs aids terrorists. He should be declared an enemy combatant. Be using these illegal and dangerous substances, he is providing aid and comfort to the enemies of America. Remember, you are either with us, or against us. At this time, I am making arrangements to have Mr. Mexico shipped off to some wonderful accomodations in Cuba.

Posted by: Dick Cheney | January 18, 2007 1:02 PM

How ridiculous! They removed the bottle from the trashcan! That could have been 20oz of LCD and and secret compartment of cocaina and it still will not matter. It is an invasion of privacy and illegal.

I agree that it is dumb move, everyone knows you vacuum seal that sh*t and stick it in your luggage; or get one of your entourage to do the dirty work. I am not even going to start with the joke that is "the war on drugs."

Posted by: soul shakedown | January 18, 2007 1:20 PM

Er, he IS innocent, except in the minds of all the folks who have hated him since before this incident. Admit it, you who found him guilty - in the court of public opinion - already didn't like the guy. Well, they found a compartment that smells like weed, but no weed. You can walk into the DEA with a "compartment" that smells like weed and there is no charge - unless there's weed in it. Smoke up Ronny!

Posted by: RikkyBobby | January 18, 2007 1:21 PM

Vick and Ricky Williams are a very good start for the "All-Weed Team".

Posted by: Ron | January 18, 2007 1:21 PM

Hey,

Come on dudes! Cut the man some weed, er, slack! You know, he wasn't being serious -- he was just highing, er, jiving! Like Coach, Like Coach Killer: Like when The Used-To-Be Head Coach Mora was asked about taking a job at his Alma Mater, and he said "YES", but really meant "I was kidding." So, too, is Vick with his "Agua-Why-Do-You-Think-They-Call-it-Fina!" drink. It is a Natural Herb drink soon to be marketed in stores around the country: cures: hair loss, weight gain, memory loss, Falcons losses, dropped passes, owner-intelligence loss, and even loss of common sense! He wasn't being serious -- he was just being super-fine, er he was joking! Or, maybe I was signalling my Colombian Cartel!

Mi nombre es Ron Mexico! No hablo Ingles tampoco Espanol! And, by the way, that wasn't my Middle Finger I waived at those fans -- I was telling them that I, er we, are Number 1!

Posted by: Beau | January 18, 2007 1:35 PM

I can't stand all dem Haters out there, so I'll give dem the "dirty-bird" again...

What me, Marcus, and Ricky do in private may not be nobody's business and da whole War on Drugs is a total wates of resources, dat's besides da point. If I'm dumb enough to get busted by da rocket-surgeon (rocket scientist + brain sugeon) you-don't-professionalize-unless-you-federalize TSA agents for my chronic in da most Narc-unfriendly airport in da country just means I'm a dumb@$$. How come dem cops be Hatin on me, but Ricky ben getting away with it for years in Miami!?! I still thinks Marcus is crazy for comin' here with da way dey Hatin on us Vick brothas. As for my arm, it ain't inconsistant, but I ain't got no one to throw to. I hope my buddy Michael Irvin considers coming out of retirement because he's a great receiver and I hear he can hook me up with some real good hookers at da "White House", and some real good coke and e too.

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 1:43 PM

Completely disregarding the relevance of marijuana's seriousness, it's still illegal and an unbelievably stupid thing for Michael Vick to do.

Michael Vick gets paid an exhorbitant amount of money to play a game. He's in a very public profession, he's on the cover of video games that millions of kids play, he has a shoe deal and runs a kids summer camp... and he's flipping off people in his HOME stadium and trying to sneak marijuana onto a plane?! Is this a good person to be exposing kids to?

With everything else happening in the Vick family, you'd think Michael would show a bit more respect and responsibility. Producing on the field is NOT all that matters. There are plenty more significant things about a person than his ability to convert a third down.

Posted by: reality check | January 18, 2007 1:47 PM

To all the people who say that the TSA is overstepping the bounds:

Part of their job is to look into anything suspicious. Vick's reluctance to turn over the water bottle was deemed suspicious. So they looked at it like they have probably countless others. It just so happens that this time, they found something. Sure it wasn't an explosive device, but it was still something against the law, and thus steps had to be taken.

Just because what you find isn't what you were looking for does not mean you crossed the line. If the police are searching your house for guns, but find 5 kilos of cocaine, a kidnapped 8 year old, and counterfeit money, yet no guns, guess what, they're still gonna take you away.

If a school nurse is putting a bandaid on a child because he scraped his knee at recess, but then notices signs of abuse, is she overstepping her bounds if she reports it?

Simple fact is marijuana is illegal. If you get caught with it, you're gonna be in trouble. Sure lots of people do it. Lots of people also speed. Yet, if a cop catches you, you're still going to get a ticket (or at the very least a warning.) Both things may seem harmless and are stupid laws, but they are laws, and until the law changes, you are expected to abide by them.

Posted by: BF | January 18, 2007 1:51 PM

Rikkybobby -- do you have any hidden compartments in any of your water bottles? That seems pretty damning to me, and would contradict your arbitrary claims of Vick's innocence.

Then again, maybe you do have hidden compartments in your water bottles... please don't procreate... ever.

Posted by: huh? | January 18, 2007 1:51 PM

comments thus far have missed the point...what is vick doing flying commercial? how come he doesn't do the net jets deal? not enough money? he'll now be spending it on attorney fees...

Posted by: rr | January 18, 2007 1:55 PM

Say, for example, that they find marijuana RESIDUE in the water bottle that Vick allegedly discarded in a recycling bin. Can we all say in unison, "not going to be prosecuted"? Come on, this is nothing, and has nothing to do with how he plays quarterback.

Posted by: pike | January 18, 2007 1:57 PM

He shoulda had cocaine like Obama; then everybody would love him and want him to run for POTUS. Weed just makes him like us, pedestrian.

Posted by: Stick | January 18, 2007 2:25 PM

NO HOPE FOR THIS GUY, CALL VICK IN NFL. A SPOLIED AND RICH NFL IMATURE. HE IS FINISHED IN QUARTABACK POSITION, HE IS GETTING AGE AND CAN NOT RUN ANYMORE! POOR GUY AND GRASS.

Posted by: taichilo | January 18, 2007 2:31 PM

this is easy....that's why lawyers make soooo much money on BS cases like this.....once the bottle hit the recycle bin, MV is obsolved of all sin...ie no chain of custody for said evidence......innocent......WTF is TSA looking for anyway......meanwhile, while they are retrieving MVs bottle, another Jihadist has slipped through

Posted by: RickyC51 | January 18, 2007 2:35 PM

vick will be the next to guest on SNL and bring back the classic skit:
Vick: yo, that's a cool water bottle
Jimmy Fallon: thanks! and your can put your weeeeeeeeeeed in it.

Posted by: comedy | January 18, 2007 2:45 PM

Smell like a bunch of hate goin on' , while they are searching water bottles, they need to be checking check luggage, thats right, while everyone is checking the citizens, no on is checking luggage that goes right to the plane that the check citizens are getting on. To all the haters, the position of QB has changed, no longer with those tired, slow, can't move "i'm in the pocket" QB will do. The new and improved QB is the new day, he can run, pass and then go catch his own pass !

stop hating !!!!

Posted by: DB | January 18, 2007 2:49 PM

lets aks elvis how much drugs he has in his water bottle? You do know that he was a drug addict, and that he died of an overdose ?

Posted by: kd | January 18, 2007 2:53 PM

Let me see. Since it was Vick, he will serve no time, pay a slight penalty, and carry on as business as usual. If it was you or me, we would spend many hours in court, be found guilty, and probably have to spend some time in the clinker.

It is such a joke when a athlete or celebrity gets in trouble that they in fact hardly serve any time. They usually have to pay a fine (yeah $5000 when they are making millions is not much) and serve some community service which they never do.

Posted by: Kevin | January 18, 2007 2:59 PM

Get off our backs, at least no 15 year old girls were involved in this incident. 16, maybe, but certainly not 15.

Posted by: Marcus & Mike | January 18, 2007 3:09 PM

Now we know why Vick is so inarticulate during interviews with the press.

Posted by: Rico | January 18, 2007 3:09 PM

I cannot believe how ignorant and racist these comments are. Many of said comments made by a bunch of self righteous hypocrits. Your own freaky kids smoke more weed and pop more extacy than anybody ever dreamed of in the NFL. If the cops came down on you and your families like they do "the blacks" the prisons would be filled to the brim. And yes I said blacks. Most of you are to cowardly to come out and say it. How pathetic. You feel so low about yourself you have to derive some fake since of worth pretending to be better others based on race. You look like a retarded peacock and sound like the breying of an azz. Race relations will improve when you die out like the dinosaurs. Thank God your kids know better. While you talk about how stupid others races are you lose credibility b/c they see how stupid you are. They nod in agreement because you pay the bills then talk about your stupidity amongst their friends.

Posted by: Negro | January 18, 2007 3:24 PM

It is time to hate...because it is justified. #1) Mike and Marcus Vick went to Virginia Tech #2) They are both "alleged" criminals #3) They are not quarterbacks and they never will be #4) Atlanta has a back up qb that is better than both Vick brothers (Matt Schaub, UVA product) #5) The stink rising out of Blacksburg will only get worse over time. #6) Mike Vick needs to holster is middle finger and Marcus Vick needs to holster the "thing" in his pants.

Thanks for "attending" classes at Virginia Tech. Wahoo!

Posted by: MH | January 18, 2007 3:26 PM

Half you you cried alligator tears when it was revealed that Bret Favre was basically a crackhead. Did you want to throw him under the bus you bunch of two faced self righteous hypocrites. Hell half of you tugged on a bong half your life. Just like Rush Limbaugh, sucking on oxycontin while calling others drug addicts.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 3:32 PM

Hey man, I didnt know you couldnt smoke a little dope on the airplane. Whats wrong with that? You know, go into the restroom, toke on a number and let everyone relax man. I mean take the pressure off the threat of terrorism man. Enjoy your flight high as a kite.

Posted by: Hawaiian Hash Bud | January 18, 2007 3:32 PM

To touch on Vick's criticism as a running QB with an average arm, I have to ask what Falcoln games have you watched? The guy throws darts to his receivers and they repeatedly drop the ball. His best receiving threat is his TE Crumpler who had his share of drops this year. Vick can't help that he is blessed as a scrambler and when you combine that with WR's who consistently drop 1st downs and deep routes, who wouldn't tuck it and take off? I hear these radio people talking about Coach Killer and overrated. One guy tried to say Steve Young was better. Well if you give Mike Vick a Brent Jones, Terrell Owens in his prime and Jerry Rice, I guarantee you he'd have a championship O. Put Michael Jenkins & Brian Fenneran and Alge Crumpler with Steve Young and see if he'd win a Super Bowl. NOT! The Falcon WR's should be booed moreso than Vick. They were 1st rounders and aren't producing on the field like the guys in Detroit.

Posted by: G$ | January 18, 2007 3:50 PM

Don't you know that if Michael Vick smokes weed then the terrorists have won?

Posted by: Deez Nuttz | January 18, 2007 4:01 PM

Who cares, We make a big deal about marijuana. Quit putting people in prision over a misdeameanor. hates quit hating.

Posted by: Keith | January 18, 2007 4:02 PM

last time i checked, Vick can't catch the ball or tackle on defense...ATL needs a new GM and then maybe their problems will be solved...as for the arrest..SO WHAT!

Posted by: scavros | January 18, 2007 4:03 PM

Mike Vick for President!

Posted by: Marcus & Mike | January 18, 2007 4:05 PM

And I hope Vick is smart enough not to sneak weed or its residue on a plane. He's got enough $ to get his personal stash in Atlanta or wherever he travels upon arrival. Let's not act like a high percentage of NFL athletes are not toking on the herbals. It might not be the best recreational thing to do but definitely better that then Roids, Crack or Crystal Meth!

Posted by: G$ | January 18, 2007 4:05 PM

the only time I've seen Matt Schaub in action, i saw a QB that can't throw or scramble...if it is a 2-14 record that you self-righteous fans want, put Schaub in and let Vick land on a team that actually has a chance to make it in the postseason.

i'm a skins fan and no disrespect to Jason Campbell...but he's no Michael Vick...i'd love to have Vick on my team.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 4:06 PM

And for the so-called experts on Airport security. I carry a mini pocket knife with the mini scissors, fingernail file etc on my keychain. Before I realized it, I put it in my carry on luggage to pass through the Xray machine on at least 4 flights dating as far back as within months of 911 and as recently as a trip to Los Angeles. The flights were out of Tampa, LAX and Atlanta. Each time, nothing was detected. Not that I would hijack a plane but if something would have gone down with a terrorist, it definitely wouldn't have been the plane. LOL!

Posted by: G$ | January 18, 2007 4:11 PM

I got a few things to say.
Wheter the use of weed is private or not doesn't make it a smart move by Vick. Narcotics it IS a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY. All of those of you who think marihuana is not detremental to a person's and a society's well-being it's because 1 you use it and 2 you are making excuses for the use, and 3 you are too addicted you can't get off of it. Having drugs is as bad as having drugs in a school. Security guards at the airports have the right to search everything. It's not their fault if you are an idiot to not know any better about carrying it a place where security is tight. That's shows that weed makes you STUPID.
I will admit, weed does have medical purposes. But let's not deny that 95 percent of users do not have a terminal illness or unbearable pain to alliviate. They use it because they are on their way to being JUNKIES.

Posted by: Henry71 | January 18, 2007 4:13 PM

Ron Mexico needs to do some soul searchin'... Is it better to make a $100 million or get washed out 'cause you need to use the wacky weed?

Vick is a 'role model', whether Charles Barkley wants him to be or not. He shouldn't be risking multi-millions in PR and advertising 'cause he's a bad example for the kids.

Blank (Falcon's owner) is a family-values, Home Depot-founding, granddad. He will not look favorably on Vick no matter what happens legally. Vick is damned in the court of public opinion.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 4:16 PM

Come on now, who doesn't drink "green tea"?

Posted by: Marcus & Vick | January 18, 2007 4:24 PM

I don't much care about Michael Vick, but I do care about the posters who say we should forgive and forget because people make "mistakes." A mistake is an accident or perhaps a youthful indiscretion. What Mr. Vick appears to have done is to commit a premeditated crime that directly supports the violent drug culture in this country and its neighbors. This particular alleged crime is a nonviolent one, sure, but hardly a "mistake." To use "mistake" in this context is to corrupt the language and try to live in a consequence-free society. Michael Vick has been living in a consequence-free bubble for far too long, and more "mistake" coddling is not what he or any other rich young drug user (and that he's a user is something he admits, or recently has) ought to get.

Posted by: Make no mistake ... | January 18, 2007 4:25 PM

To wahoo mh: thanks for bringing up the school that these embarrassing former students attended -- UVA can be so proud of George Allen (ahhhh....but he never MADE it to the pros...AND bombed as a Senator). He may be a small minded bigot, but at least he's white and doesn't smoke pot, huh, mh? Hey, don't hate the Tech athletes because they know how to WIN, sport.

Posted by: VPI | January 18, 2007 4:28 PM

Lay of the TSA cracks...
It shows they are trained in DEFENSE of our Airlines, and not simple tray pushers. Debate Pot all you want, but Vick choose to carry an illegal substance into a DHS secured area. I'll never understand why is it so cool to bash airline security folks.

Hope Vick "Man ups" , admits fault and moves on. To Lawyer's up .. "Not mine, didnt know" would be just pathetic.

Posted by: cperks | January 18, 2007 4:47 PM

One does not stash "liquified (?) marijuana" in to the top of a water bottle. However, just such a method is used to hide injectibles. It's heroin, people! Marijuana..... give me a break.....

Posted by: roach coach | January 18, 2007 4:50 PM

They guy has continuous airport problems. Remember the Rolex?

Posted by: Iago | January 18, 2007 4:55 PM

"Negro" Why you be hatin' on da white folk? It ain't got nothing to do with color...I know some white folk who talk just like me, and smoke da Ganja like nobody's bidness. Where do you think I got my herb in Blacksburg? Only da white boys from McLean and Great Falls could afford da hydroponic rigs to grow dat wacky weed.

"G$" is on to something. That's why I'm wanting Irvin to come back as a Falcon. I have a great arm--throw a laser--but don't have anyone to throw to but Alge. That and Irvin can hook me up with some snow. I still have some consistency issues tho, and I've seen enough of the birds to know real well. Seen em up real close like. To bad Mikey "The Snowman" Irvin hurt his neck.

This will all blow over in 2 weeks, but it sure is funny to everyone but me and my sponsors. My buddy Mikey "The Snowman" Irvin told me his lawyer Howard Shapiro is real good. Even got him probation for a felony plea bargain. I should hire dat guy. I ain't gunna even be brought up on charges.... THIS TIME.... so don't worry. Da Man down there in Florida will try to frame Ricky, Marcus, and me soon enough. You should see da hydroponic rig dat Ricky has. And Marcus has this new 14-year old...

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 4:58 PM

using all capitals is like wearing a sign that says "I IS ILITERIT"! - what it does not achieve is making the poster more right - just more self righteous and juvenile

Posted by: blogxpert | January 18, 2007 4:58 PM

The Vicks are punks who lucked into decent athletic genes and have no other redeeming value. They are destined to be thrown out with the rest of the trash-- just a matter of time. AMF. I'd rather go 0-15 than have either of those two miscreants on my team. It's about time the NFL and sports teams in general began running their teams and stopped letting the teams run them.

Posted by: Phil Silvers | January 18, 2007 4:59 PM

I do not condone the use of any controlled substances, but come on, isn't he like a multi-millionaire. I am quite sure where he was going had weed just like the place he was leaving. They should teach Common Sense 101 For Potential NFL stars. Leaving The 'hood Behind Mentality 015 should be a prerequisite. These guys just don't get it. But I guess the weed was telling him it was okay, they don't check for drugs in a post 9-11 era at one of the biggest drug entry points in the US. Duh...

Posted by: AMGOOD1 | January 18, 2007 5:02 PM

Can anyone say "Chris Webber" by the time anything comes up, this will be somebody else's bottle of whatever.

Posted by: RobGreg | January 18, 2007 5:06 PM

As much as I think MV is over-rated, over-paid, etc., once that bottle was placed in the recycle bin and "retrieved later", the chain of evidence was broken and there is absolutely no way a conviction is possible if the substance is illegal.

Posted by: Marcos | January 18, 2007 5:20 PM

Mike Vick is dumber than a bag of hammers, and I wouldn't hire him to walk my dog. How low have standards in the NFL fallen that we need to have a clown like him screwing up the NFL's image? A porcupine has more class. Let's get back to the days of guys like Walter Payton and drop useless baggage like Mr. Vick. A shout out to Danny.

Posted by: Joe Gibbs | January 18, 2007 5:21 PM

Mike only needs to get caught 15 more times to catch up to me and Pacman! Pass the fatty.

Posted by: Chris Henry | January 18, 2007 5:21 PM

Oh, I almost forgots. We ain't hatin on the TSA because they be "tray pushers." We be hatin' on dem because my deodorant sponsor can't sell no mo' super-size deodorant at costco. My mamma can't bring no mo' knitting needles on da plane no mo' neither. Maybe if da MAN stop hatin' brotha's like me carrying water bottles and my momma and my gramma with they knitting needles, while my buddy Omar from Saudi Arabia goes through lickety split, then nobody be hatin' dem TSA "tray pushers" no mo'. I ain't saying every young Arab male is a terrorist, but I ain't never seen no 85 year old black lady terrorists none either. But they best not "profile" like they did with those Imams up there where my buddy Fred Smoot lives. They made it through TSA just fine, until they got thrown off the plane. I hopes Fred throws another boat cruise soon...

I thinks everyone that flies oughts to be nekkid the whole time too, like with them fancy new machines, only without the machine. And no carry on luggage neither. Marcus was telling my about this fly 13 year old honey he saw...

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 5:42 PM

First, d@mn Mike Vick is stupid. Everybody knows you can't take a water bottle on a plane. Second, nobody gets convicted (or busted for that matter) for "residue." If he gets off with a slap on the wrist, it's because anyone with "residue" would get that treatment.

Where he really is in trouble is with the NFL and the Falcons. The problem with pro athletes in general is that they're coddled into believing that, if they are good enough on the field, court, ice or whatever that they'll get special treatment when they act the fool or break the law.

Pro football is an entertainment business. In the entertainment business, image is everything. Fools like Michael Richards and Mel Gibson cost themselves millions when they say or do something that tarnishes their image. Michael Vick has just cost himself a chunk of change, too. If you have a product, do you want him to endorse it now?

Re Mike Vick the football player, he's a unique talent. His receivers stunk this year; if he'd gotten a decent performance from them, his numbers would have looked much better and the Falcons might have won a few more games. Still, a unique talent may not be the best thing to be in a game like football, where coaches and GMs look for guys who can fit a system. If you design an offense around one guy's unique abilities and he goes down with an injury, then you're in a lot of trouble. Sadly, I predict that Vick will never reach his full potential, because he'll always be a "square peg in a round hole," asked to perform in systems that don't make use of his whole game.

Posted by: Charlie | January 18, 2007 5:57 PM

the herb laws are absurd. Henry, you swallowed that whole Joe Friday speech, didn't you? National Security issue, huh? Gee, let's invade Iraq then. And let's see, I'm in my 40's but still haven't started mainlining horse or smoking crystal meth.
But this isn't Vick's first airport hassle, there was a long article a year or two ago about a couple of his "running buddies" who stole a Rolex from a guy who was a security guard or something, at the x-ray machines, I believe it was at the Atlanta airport. That's disturbing.
Chain of evidence guy may not have his law degree yet. Those rules apply after the cops get it. Besides, the whole thing is on security video. That's how they caught Vick's Rolex-stealing pals. So you see on tape, Vick puts bottle in bin, TSA man takes it out, kaboom, you're busted. Let's hope there's not enough residue for a test. And, "hey, a fan gave me that bottle. I did think it smelled kinda funny!"

Posted by: T Man | January 18, 2007 5:59 PM

The obvious answer to the question of "Why would he do this?" - because it had worked before.

Posted by: CJ VT | January 18, 2007 6:11 PM

To Mr. VPI- Seems that we touched a sore nerve. Getting up in the grill over George Allen? Do you even realize from which school the kid he called Macaca was from? I don't think it was VPI. Which is besides the point since you are comparing apples and oranges- and no I don't mean their races/ethnicities. Furthermore, I would rather have teams that have no wins, than to have lack of academic standards.
By the way, George Allen was not universally loved at UVa. Which is ok, because you're allowed to use your brain and think for yourself.
Thanks for proving my point VPI.

Posted by: mh | January 18, 2007 6:19 PM

Michael Vick is from the "Bottom",(the southeast community, majority Black) of Newport News, VA. He grew up in the projects and my father-in law gave Mike and his family bologna and other stuff from his store on credit so they could eat. You can take someone out the hood, but it's hard to take the hood out of the person. All you blowhards probably get zonked on liquor and beer, pop pills, smoke weed,snort blow, smoke crack, screw your stepsister, and God knows what else. Stop judging people!!! When was the last time you walked on water?
Most of you are just jealous! Mike and his brother have more money now than most of you will make in your miserable, hypocritical, two-faced, no count lives. Marijuana should be legal anyway!!! Hard liqour and alcohol cause much more damage across the board than weed ever can or ever will!!! OWWWWW!!!

Posted by: LD | January 18, 2007 6:25 PM

Advice to Falcons owner Arthur Blank:There are a few owners and GM's around the league that think Vick can bring some value to their team. Trade him now! Get as many picks and futuer draft picks as you can to build the winning team you dream of. You have gotten a lot of mileage out of Vick. The stands are full but Vick in six years lacks the most important element for a QB;leadership! Now his character is being exposed. He was once associated with the theft of a watch at an airport. He has been accused of spreading herpes to a woman where he sought treatment for himself under an assumed name. He was seen in a photo printed in the AJC hitting what appeared to be a "joint" he declared was a cigar. He shot the "bird" to the very fans that pay big money to watch a Vick led Falcons team that won seven games this year. Mr Blank, if these allagations are true, is this kind of attention worth Vicks 130 million dollar salary? Are the players you pay representavies of the team you own? How many times can he apologize to the young kids and parents of young kids that buy the Atlanta #7 jersey? Like T.O. each individual thing may not be a big deal. Collectively, I'm starting to smell a pile of s#@t!!

Posted by: gil | January 18, 2007 6:59 PM

Hey Henry71... get off the soap box,,,,eventually, weed and the income gained from taxes when it sells commerically will bail the country out of the budget deficit that idiot W has created

Posted by: Cranky | January 18, 2007 7:57 PM

First of all a big thank you to gil for an intelligent and well thought out post. Second of all, weed makes your sperm count go down and it causes memory problems and lack of motivation and it's causes worse lung disease than cigarettes. So, to all you pot smokers keep puffing away you're only harming yourself.

By the way, LD there is a reason you chose those initials...

Posted by: wb | January 18, 2007 8:02 PM

Why didn't he just stuff it under his scrotum sack? They wouldn't have checked there....

I done it a million times coming back form Miami :-)

Posted by: Just Sayin | January 18, 2007 8:05 PM

I guess we won't be seeing any "Michael Vick at the airport drinking Gatorade" commercials anytime soon.

Posted by: R.I. Bloglodyte | January 18, 2007 8:25 PM

Geez, can you be arrested and charged with possession of a container that USED to carry an illegal substance?

"I am booking you under 'formerly carrying an illegal substance.'"

Posted by: chuck | January 18, 2007 8:26 PM

Oooops. Didn't read carefully enough. I negate that last statement.

Posted by: chuck | January 18, 2007 8:31 PM

Alright, WB man up and tell me what the reason is for my initials? What is the reason for your initials? Alcohol causes liver and kidney diseases, destroys brain cells, causes impotence, ulcers, causes thousands of automobile accidents and deaths, and on and on, alcohol- impacts society much more negatively than marijuana, but then I digress.

Posted by: LD | January 18, 2007 8:35 PM

hey wb. lower sperm counts might make it less likely that an idiot such as yourself would be created.i'm all for it.

Posted by: puffpuffgive | January 18, 2007 8:35 PM

Long Live Ron Mexico

Posted by: DJ Vas Def | January 18, 2007 8:49 PM

LD- I was just kidding about your initials.
But I agree with what you say about alcohol. It is a drug that destroys just like marijuana, amphetamines, cocaine, etc. It is a mind altering substance. You and puffpuffgive can rationalize it's use until you are blue in the face. It still hurts the consumer. So consume away. And should it be legal? I don't know. However, don't try to sneak it onboard an airplane (just like anything else that is deemed not appropriate for a flight.)

By the way, ld=learning disabled.
Peace out.

Posted by: wb | January 18, 2007 8:51 PM

Typical negro.

Posted by: Henry | January 18, 2007 8:58 PM

What is a "hater".

Nobody hates Michele Vick, it's just that he's an overhyped QB who has put 2 coaches out of work and has underperformed. Did any of you guys actually watch him play this year? Jeff Garcia had a better year, and made about 1/10th Vick's salary. How little does he have to do before you say "gee, the guy just isn't any good".

Is that being a "hater" to say that?

I guess "hater" is a synonym for "tell the truth". Because every time you point out his lack of effort on the field "it's the coach's fault" or "he needs better receivers".

Tell me about Tom Brady's receivers. You guys who are kissing Vick's butt... watch brady play this weekend. THAT'S a good QB.

Vick can't even get his team a winning record.

Oh right. It's the coach's fault. He doesn't have good receivers. You guys are priceless.

Posted by: U guys are idiots... | January 18, 2007 9:00 PM

Mr. Puffpuffgive. You are right WB is an idiot, for trying to teach the likes of yourself some useful information.

Posted by: Cerebrum | January 18, 2007 9:04 PM

Did he inhale?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 9:11 PM

"Cranky" be a smart libertarian and should check out Boortz new book next month. Preach on brother Little D. WB be hatin' Look how long dat Redneck Willie Nelson been smokin dat chronic and he a-ight.

Shout out to "U guys are idiots" for bringing it all back to da pigskin. "R.I. Bloglodyte" be perfect for the def comedy jam. U 2 should come back on a different thread and make fun of Maske's terrible picks like da rest of us regulars. He's been drinking da "water" a lot more than I have. Dat wacky weed done told him dat da Colts have a chance to win dis weekend. Betting against Brady and for Payton in da playoffs be takin' some Ricky Williams size spliffs.

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 9:29 PM

"U guys are idiots" nailed it on the head..go back a few spots and read it again. My question is this: What person with a 130 million dollar contract flies Air Tran? And then brings his drugs on board? SAY WHAT? Both the Vick boys are making their momma proud these last two years, huh?

Posted by: JamJones | January 18, 2007 9:58 PM

I watched superman Vick lose to a pathetic broken down Panther's team late in the season while the Falcons were STILL in play-off contention. The Panthers were led by Chris Weinke's 4 of 7 for 13 yards. Weinke was the winning quarterback, by the way. Go figure.

Posted by: just the facts | January 18, 2007 10:06 PM

I just gots off the phone with Rae Carruth. Turns out they gots all the blunt I can smoke in the pen. How long til me and Marcus end up bunking up with that fool?

Posted by: Mikey "stupid criminal" Vick | January 18, 2007 10:07 PM

Next thing you know, TSA will figure out that the water bottle was actually a pipe.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 10:08 PM

Reax, people.
If you play pro football in the USA, you do not have to abide by the laws that mere humans have to.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 18, 2007 10:10 PM

Dude--just tell the fuzz the bottle was you boy's. And you took it & want to get him some help.

Posted by: Mike Irvin | January 19, 2007 1:46 PM

legalize it and we wont have these problems!!!

Posted by: buddha | January 19, 2007 1:52 PM