Chat about the Closing Ceremony

Join media reporter Paul Farhi for one last Olympics chat as the games wrap up tonight on NBC. The conversation begins around 7 p.m.

By Lindsay Applebaum  |  February 28, 2010; 7:14 PM ET
Categories:  Closing Ceremonies , Live chats , Vancouver 2010
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Security beefed up for hockey game
Next: Test post

Comments

Posted by: LNER4472 | February 28, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

LNER4472 wrote, "So when do the actual ceremonies start, as opposed to this "America's the Greatest!" pep rally?

--------------------

oh come on.. you didn't think the american media would pass up on such a great opportunity trying to destroy canada's greatest moment in history, do you?

Posted by: AuthoritativeAuthoritarian | February 28, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

oh this is CLASSIC!

now they have a clown that forgot to plug in that fourth torch that didn't raise up out of the ice in the opening ceremonies... and here it comes!!!

CANADA ROCKS!!!

:D

Posted by: AuthoritativeAuthoritarian | February 28, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

Goodbye and GOOD RIDDANCE! Sheesh, what an over-rated event.

Posted by: MisterGuerilla | February 28, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

omg the post-flame comedy is TERRIBLE! what were they thinking???

Posted by: Dawny_Chambers | February 28, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse

Thank you, Canada!
I watched as much as could be seen on American TV, I think.
Especially, I enjoyed the coverage on Curling.
NBC didn't do a perfect job, but it had more coverage than I've seen in past Olympics.
Beijing coverage was lousy.
Now, my husband and I will get busy preparing to visit Vancouver and Nova Scotia, two places we'd love to see.
***
Examining the comments which proceeded mine, I have to say I fully understand why Americans are not much respected in the rest of the world.
Pathetic comments.

Posted by: Judy-in-TX | February 28, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

The lamest TV coverage of the winter games ever .

Posted by: borntoraisehogs | February 28, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe NBC broke for an hour in the middle of the Olympic Closing Ceremony. Is that nationwide or did they only do that for Mountain time? They introduced Marriage Ref. I'm changing the channel. In all the Olympic closings I've ever seen they have never split the closing ceremony to air a new show. Shame on you NBC.

Posted by: smoutah | February 28, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Wow - who managed to make Catherine O'Hara only moderately funny?

Posted by: Chasmosaur1 | February 28, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone see Shaun White ?

Posted by: nancyalis1 | March 1, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Why these freaking people like Catherine O'Hara not live in Canada if they love it so much?

Posted by: lhao333 | March 1, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse