Happy Hour Roundup
* Research 2000's chief, Del Ali, sends me a long, rambling and very angry response via email to the Daily Kos lawsuit. It's a must-read.
* Good read: Senator Debbie Stabenow on why extending unemployment benefits is far more important than worrying about the deficit.
Money quote: "To take money from job creation to fund unemployment benefits makes no sense."
* Interesting theory from Mark Halperin: He reports that some senior Republicans wish John Boehner would stop defending his "ant" crack, but theorizes that GOPers like Boehner have developed a reflexive desire to duke it out with Obama, similar to during the Clinton years.
* Indeed: Boehner is digging in, slamming Obama's use of the "ant" line as "whining" and "childish partisanship."
* And speaking of Boehner, he worried aloud recently that the America he grew up in might soon be no more. Mike Tomasky recalls the America Boehner grew up in.
* Really? Some Washington Dems are mulling the possibility of passing climate change legislation in the lame duck session after the November elections. The fierce urgency of after-the-elections!
* Tea Partiers vow to take out Lindsey Graham after he says the Tea Party movement will "die out."
* Obama calls for immigration reform, but doesn't outline any details or timelines.
* But David Dayen says Obama defly tossed the ball into the GOP's court.
* A great no-nonsense fact-check from McClatchy debunking the right-wing talking point that Obama hasn't done enough on the spill because he failed to waive the Jones Act.
* Steve Benen skewers the New York Times's bogus explanation for dropping the word "torture."
What else is happening?
July 1, 2010; 6:17 PM ET
Categories: 2010 elections , Climate change , Foreign policy and national security , Happy Hour Roundup , Political media , Senate Dems , Senate Republicans , Tea Party
Save & Share: Previous: NY Times's excuse for not calling waterboarding "torture" doesn't hold water
Next: The Morning Plum
Posted by: sbj3 | July 1, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: sbj3 | July 1, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: BGinCHI | July 1, 2010 7:00 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: lmsinca | July 1, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: lmsinca | July 1, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: soapm | July 1, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: lmsinca | July 1, 2010 9:05 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: SDJeff | July 1, 2010 11:56 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: BGinCHI | July 2, 2010 12:46 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: jzap | July 2, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: jzap | July 2, 2010 12:57 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: SDJeff | July 2, 2010 1:01 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Greg Sargent | July 2, 2010 8:15 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.