Happy Hour Roundup

* Lefty group gunning for the "young guns": Starting tonight, if you Google "Young Guns," the new book by ambitious young conservative GOP leaders, you'll see a new Americans United for Change ad that says: "Meet The Young Guns -- They Want to Privatize Social Security and Medicare!"

And if you click on that, you'll be sent to this AUC landing page with video, links and (natch) a fundraising solicitation.

* The House GOP leadership has now broadened the attack on House Dems for postponing a vote on the Bush tax cuts, claiming a vote on extending them all is necessary because of "economic uncertainty."

* But: Obama is planning to put the "Pledge to America" squarely in his crosshairs.

* National Review thanks Jon Chait, Ben Smith, and yours truly for defending it against Daily Caller's smears. All I can say is that the Journolist high command decreed that we do that, so I can't take any credit for it or anything.

* Josh Marshall gets at a point that, I think, is only just beginning to dawn on some members of the Tea Party-slamming Dem and liberal intelligensia:

* Yeah, right: David Axelrod insists that Republicans will ultimately blink in the showdown over the Bush tax cuts. You know, the same showdown that Dems postponed until after the elections.

* Whatever works: Senior Dems are mulling an ad campaign tarring GOP candidates with Karl Rove, who's behind that third party group sinking huge sums into the midterms.

* Of course, one House Dem is running ads touting his ties to Bush.

* How can a conservative author get any traction with a book painting Nancy Pelosi as a mere machine pol when right wing audiences want to hear tales about Obama's plot to impose socialism and sharia law on our nation's schoolchildren?

* And I should have announced this earlier, but Adam Serwer, who you all know from his blog at the American Prospect and his stint guest blogging here, will now be regularly posting on Plum Line once a day.

What else is happening?

By Greg Sargent  | September 27, 2010; 6:32 PM ET
Categories:  2010 elections, Happy Hour Roundup, House Dems, Senate Dems, Senate Republicans, Tea Party, economy
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sebelius jumps into Nevada Senate race, blasts Angle autism comments
Next: The Morning Plum

Comments

What else?

"If Obama were to follow the Bush trend, next month the U.S. would lose 156,000 jobs and lose another 198,000 the month after.

I think we can all agree that a Democratic majority in the House/Senate and Democratic controlled White House has been much better for our economy and jobs."

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

"* Are Republicans confident in a Rand Paul win? National GOPers have pulled their advertising in Kentucky, which Dems say is a sign of worry, but Republicans say they're doing it because they don't believe the public polling showing it close."

Hilarious!  What's your opinion Greg?

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 27, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

@Greg: "Adam Serwer... will now be regularly posting on Plum Line once a day."

Why?

Posted by: sbj3 | September 27, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse

What is your opinion; aptly named TrollMacWingNut?

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

@Greg: "Adam Serwer... will now be regularly posting on Plum Line once a day."

Why?

Posted by: sbj3 | September 27, 2010 6:41 PM |
...............

For gracious living.

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

"Young Guns"???

Eric Cantor is 47, Paul Ryan is 40, and Kevin McCarthy is 45.

Maybe the name "Middle-Aged Guns" was already taken.

Posted by: bearclaw1 | September 27, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

I hate to sound like a cruel person, but this headline, which is not from The Onion, has to win the Grand Prize for irony maybe ever:

If you're annoyed by the Segway, and I am, then there is some rough justice or karmic action here somewhere.

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

Journolist high command decreed that we do that

_________________________________

Are you saying that since the journolist is now shut down, the high command now transmits its directions via implanted chips ???

Seems to make sense.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 6:51 PM | Report abuse

The NRSC will probably come out with some ads aimed at women - that is what is needed - so why waste the money this week - when the new ads will be ready soon?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Adam. We need all the smart people we can get.

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 6:56 PM | Report abuse

The recent polling has, shall we say, suspect D/R/I ratios and is therefore doubtful. I don't think the R's are pulling money out of hopelessness. This seat's safely out of reach for the D's, IMO. Just thought it was harious that Greg was repeating Democratic talking points with a straight face.

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 27, 2010 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Welcome back, Adam. We need all the smart people we can get.

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

sbj -- because I need a bit of help, because I'm tired, and because adding a second voice can only help the blog.

Posted by: Greg Sargent | September 27, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Sorry for the double, all. Some stupid error message....then another post.

I've been getting emails from Conway's pollster, among others, claiming it's a "dead heat," at this point. Now, I'm not gullible, and I know they have an incentive to call it close for fund-raising, but this race seems to keep moving all over the place.

Are there debates coming up on Oct for these minds of races? If so, I'd like to see a chart that shows them. I'd think polling after that ought to be a more reliable indicator.

And, if there are no debates, why not?

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Dems already blinked by delaying the vote.

Posted by: matt_ahrens | September 27, 2010 7:04 PM | Report abuse

I was STUNNED to read about Obama typing up his own six-page military strategy and handed copies out to the Generals.

Obama has no military experience.

The country should be seriously concerned with Obama'a management style - this is an unbelievable case of micromanagement -

A case of someone with no expertise trying to tell people with decades of experience what to think.

Then Obama apparently demanded that everyone "AGREE" - or Obama threatened to change his policy decision.

WHAT? Threatening to change policy because the Generals do not agree with him?

Is this leadership? I would hope that national security policies are decided on a different basis.

This whole episode is shocking - and the government should NOT be run this way.

The nation should be extremely concerned.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

@brigade,

You are using Mike Brooks as a cat's paw? Come on, man, you are better than that. I mean, Mike Brooks, the paranoid I-used-to-be-a-Democrat, but now I'm a Republican, but not really, and the world is going to end at the end of next week, because my model tells me so--that Mike Brooks?

Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 6:54 PM |
---

Some post links or cut-and-paste. I use in-house authorities. Following is from an earlier post by Mike Brooks (don't tell me you doubt his credentials?):

mibrooks27 at 5:27 in the Palin thread:

"Of course I could run IBM or any other large corporation. I am more than qualified for that. I degrees in engineers and mathematics, more than 50 patents, and have published papers on economic and risk modeling, fuzzy logic, and multivalued logic. I am brighter than any corporate executive I have ever encountered and have a far better business sense. Likewise, I would make a vastly better President than Obama (or Clinton or Bush, for that matter)."

Posted by: Brigade | September 27, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Jesus, a weekend away and I'm already thread-weary at STR's idiocy.

Calgon, take me away!

STR: move to Latin America or Venezuela or someplace the military does what it wants with no civilian interference.

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse

The recent polling has, shall we say, suspect D/R/I ratios
---------------------------
I guess you didn't follow the thread on this. In Kentucky, registered Democrats are 57% of the total registered voters. Obviously they cross over when they vote.

I believe the poll you are referring to has the sample size at 51% Democrats. The difference is the enthusiasm gap, which has been estimated to be 5%, so that's not too far off.

If you doubt it, look at the Secy of State's registered voters:

Go to the bottom of the page for totals.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 7:12 PM | Report abuse

Yes, STRF, we should all be deeply concerned about civilian control of the military. What on earth were "The Framers" thinking when they drafted Article II?

Posted by: bearclaw1 | September 27, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

@brigade,

Who knows how bright he is--but really, predicting that the world was going to be in global wars by the end of last July, and that was AT THE LATEST per him. It does put him on a very special category of crystal ball gazers, in my view. Like I would double check everything he says. Better yet, I would skip over his posts. You may be more trusting.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

BGinCHI

I've had the same situation - not sure if the posts have gone through.

First, I don't see them - and then later I see they did go through.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

BGinCHI

The guy only owned The Segway business since 12/09. Did the inventor of that useless piece of overhyped crap, sell the business? I had read, back sometime ago, that they were not selling many units. I am surprised, since it it provided all the inconveniences of just walking around, or riding a bicycle, and provided none of the benefits.

I thought that the product became a Dead Contraption Walking, on the day that the Mall Cop Movie was released.

Once your product becomes such a counter cool icon, it can never recover.

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

STRF is deeply concerned at ALL times. Actually deeply concerned is a real understatement. Shall we say, he is completely hair-on-fire, spittle spewing in every direction, smoke coming out of his nose, wild-eyed, windmilling arms and legs, out of control with hatred for our esteemed President. I hope the President does not read our blog, for I fear it would make him feel bad.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

I don't know Liam. I just can't dig down into it for sheer delight over the irony.

Man, I hate those damn things. It's like a machine that represents all that is wrong with obese, over-stimulated, entitled America.

And my favorite part: in Chicago they do tours on them and everyone wears a helmet!

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues

STRF is also frequently being "stunned". He should wear a helmet. It might be too late for that, since he does appear to be chronically concussed and befuddled, or as Christine, Keep Your Hands Where I Can See Them, O' Donnell might put it: Bewitched Bothered And Bewildered.

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

If we were wondering why the Kentucky senatorial race has tightened so much quite suddenly, here's a clue from the Courier Journal newspaper.

Rand Paul apparently is a member of a medical group that has political positions, one of which is this one. This is about Obama was elected using hypnosis:

"The paper bases its finding on the work of a controversial psychologist, Milton Erickson, who died 30 years ago and pioneered the also-controversial field of neuro-linguistic programming, which purports to use voice patterns to subliminally influence people’s decisions.

The paper claims to examine Obama’s speeches “word by word, hand gesture by hand gesture, tone, pauses, body language, and proves his use of covert hypnosis intended only for licensed therapists on consenting patients.”

The paper goes on to say that Obama’s “mesmerized, cult-like, grade-school-crush-like worship by millions is not because ‘Obama is the greatest leader of a generation’ who simply hasn’t accomplished anything, who magically ‘inspires’ by giving speeches. Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.”

The AAPS article notes that the Obama campaign logo “might just be the letter ‘O,’ but it also resembles a crystal ball, a favorite of hypnotists.”

And it suggests that hypnosis is the reason some Jewish people backed him.

“It is also interesting that many Jews are supporting a candidate who is endorsed by Hamas, Farrakhan, Khalidi and Iran,” the article says.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 27, 2010 7:25 PM |

.................

They are training wheels for all those budding inactive seniors who voluntarily confine their selves to those scooter chairs.

I see people ten or more years younger than me, with their fat bodies lapping over those rascals, in the aisles of the grocery stores, and I think, you have consigned yourself to that contraption for your remain years.

I am out of here to catch the Bears Packer game. Based on the Bears performance against Detroit, I will be very surprised if Green Bay does not win by a fairly wide margin.

Also; since he came to the Bears, Cutler has not done very well in night games. He is a diabetic, and I wonder if that might not be causing him some night vision problems.

We will see how it goes for him tonight. I will expect the worst and hope for the best. Da Bears!

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

BGinCHI at 7:10 PM

It is not a question of civilian interference.

It is a question that wise people listen to those who have expertise in various fields.

The Obama-Biden demands are much like the RUMSFELD SMALL-FOOTPRINT strategy which was such a disaster in Iraq.

I believe the Generals were so against the idea of a smaller footprint because they had already been through the RUMSFELD ERA - and the Surge proved that more troops are much more effective.

Again - we have Obama quibbling about numbers of troops 90,000 vs. 100,000

or 90,000 vs. 110,000

I don't think the average American - left or right - is going to YELL AT THE TELEVISION - saying they couldn't believe that Obama went up to 110,000 when they thought it should be 90,000 troops.

The passion is just NOT there

Obama - thinking he had a political problem on his hands with this decision?

HOW could that be? Obama told everyone in the campaign that he was in Afghanistan to WIN? so where was the problem?

Woodward paints a picture of Obama truly having no idea what he is doing - thinking some things are important when they aren't - AND completely missing what is IMPORTANT.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues and Liam-still,

O.K., I understand.

"Now that's a dead parrot."

"No, no, it's just stunned."

Posted by: bearclaw1 | September 27, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

NRSC new ads AT WOMEN? Sharon Angle and Joe Miller who want to criminalize all abortions and limiting women s healthcare coverage is already sending messages AT women.

Posted by: leichtman1 | September 27, 2010 7:37 PM | Report abuse

leichtman,

Could you explain your latest post?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

by the way we were losing as 700,000 jobs per month under GOP/Bush in 2008 watch was is this about losing 156,000 jobs per month?

Posted by: leichtman1 | September 27, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I wish the DNC would push the issue of protecting social security from the Republicans who want to privatize it, and turn it over to the Wall St. Casino Banks to do with it, what they have done to workers pension plans.

I sure wish that those pictures on Milk Cartons had actually found Tim Kaine. It would be nice to have someone doing something for the fall campaign, over at the DNC. Wouldn't it be loverly?

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

It was sarcasm against 37th s latest posting ads At women
The GOP knows that they are in trouble with women voters especially in Ca where Boxer and Brown have opened up a 20 point gender gap with Ca winners. As usual it will take women voters to save D's collective backside this year.

Posted by: leichtman1 | September 27, 2010 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Typo: opened a 20 point gender gap in Ca with Ca women voters

Posted by: leichtman1 | September 27, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Good night all. I will try to check back tomorrow morning. I plan on spending most of my afternoons working to turn out the vote.

Keep fighting. Never surrender. I recall that women telling President Obama recently, that she is exhausted from defending him, and I thought; well those Tea Party types sure never become exhausted while relentlessly attacking him.

Here is the best way to avoid ending up feeling like that woman has. Do not play defense so much. Attack the attackers, such as Boehner and McConnell. They have a long sordid past. Keep researching their long legislative records in DC, and keep telling people about them.

Boeher once distributed Tobacco Lobby checks on the floor of the House, just before a vote was cast on legislation that the Tobacco Drug Cartel wanted passed.

A strong offense is the best defense. Focus on your local races. President Obama is not on any ballot this year, so each race must be worked in your local district and state.

No Surrender. Stay on offense.

Go get the Fat Cats' GOP Poodles.

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

edit; that woman.....

Posted by: Liam-still | September 27, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

It was sarcasm against 37th s latest posting ads At women
----------------------------------
That explains why I couldn't figure out what you were saying. Bwahaha!! There are a few disadvantages in not reading STRF. Not many though.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

12bAR

I am stunned that you continue to harrass other posters - and you try to rile up a gang of haters

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

bearclaw1 at 7:14 PM

Obviously it is a question of management ability - and not civilian control.

Sure, your opinion is colored by your partisan attitude.

However, if it was Bush - OVERRULING THE GENERALS - and demanding additional military operations - and TYPING UP 6 PAGE MEMOS and demanding that the Generals agree.

If it was Bush pushing a policy which you did not agree - and Woodward said the Generals were against the policy - then what would you say?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues at 7:23 PM

You can fear all you want.

Obama needs the feed-back.

Certainly all the fawning and journolist characters haven't done him much good.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

bearclaw1 at 7:14 PM

Civilian control of the military?

Obama promised during the campaign in 2008 - and in the debates that Afghanistan was the "good war" - and that he would fight that war to WIN.

Obama got into office and did the exact OPPOSITE.

It is more like "LIAR CONTROL OF THE MILITARY"

OR "DECEPTION CONTROL OF THE MILITARY"

If Obama was a REAL MAN, he would have stood up in that debate and told the American People that he wanted to get out of Afghanistan - and he was going to do just that -

AND if Obama was a REAL MAN, he would have stood up in that debate and told the American People that they could "ABSORB ANOTHER TERRORIST ATTACK IN A US CITY" - AND THAT he wanted to pull the troops out of Afghanistan whether it significantly increased the RISK of another attack or not.

Obama should have been a REAL MAN - and told the American People EXACTLY WHAT HE INTENDED TO DO.

Obama is a COWARD - we have young men and women willing to give their lives in Afghanistan - and Obama can't even tell the TRUTH to the American People in a debate.

YEA - THE DEMOCRATS HAVE SOME ANSWERING TO DO.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

YEA - THE DEMOCRATS HAVE SOME ANSWERING TO DO.
----------------------------------
And you've got the rack all ready for 'em, Mr. Inquisitor.

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Let's be clear:

Obama is CONTINUING THE POLICIES at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - nothing has changed except Obama has allowed the financial situation to get worse.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Liam-still at 7:42 PM

Curious - how does investing part of the social security money in stocks - American companies WORSE THAN SPENDING ALL THE MONEY RIGHT AWAY.

The democratic plan is NOT TO INVEST IT ALL - but to spend ALL the money right away on massive government programs.

The democrats don't "save" the money in "safe investments" - they SPEND IT RIGHT AWAY.

How is that better ?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:45 PM | Report abuse

YEA - THE DEMOCRATS HAVE SOME ANSWERING TO DO.
----------------------------------
And you've got the rack all ready for 'em, Mr. Inquisitor.

Come on, admit it. It kinda gives you the shivers. But the good shivers...right? Right?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

What on earth were "The Framers" thinking when they drafted Article II?

_________________________________

Well - what were they thinking - many of them had been in the Continental Congress during the Revolution - and what kind of "civilian control" did George Washington have during that war ???

Was George Washington dragged DOWN by some liberal - claiming that we needed LESS troops during the Revolution?

Were their liberals demanding handing George Washington a six-page memo AND THEN DEMANDING THAT GEORGE WASHINGTON "AGREE" WITH THE POLICY ?

hhmmmm I don't remember that -

We did win that war, right ?

You think that Franklin Roosevelt was interfering with the troop levels on D-DAY ?

You think Roosevelt was calling England and saying "I think we should invade Normandy with LESS troops?"

YOU ALL CAN NOT BE SERIOUS

FOOLS - what are you going to say when Obama's policies lead to a terrorist attack which could have been PREVENTED ???

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

YEA - THE DEMOCRATS HAVE SOME ANSWERING TO DO.
----------------------------------
And you've got the rack all ready for 'em, Mr. Inquisitor.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse

I know this was already posted but this is some weird stuff:

"Republican U.S. Senate nominee Rand Paul belongs to a conservative doctors’ group that, among other things, has expressed doubts about the connection between HIV and AIDS and suggested that President Barack Obama may have been elected because he was able to hypnotize voters."

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

To all you economic experts

Remember that the economy has to create 100,000 jobs a month - just to keep up with the growth of the population.

So, job growth of 100,000 jobs in one month is the equilibrium required to keep unemployment steady -

Just a reminder when you look at these numbers, 100,000 is really the plus/minus benchmark.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

"No one could have predicted that the decision to punt on the vote has actually opened up Dems to more attacks..."
----------------------------------------------

I'd guess it's about the same number either way.

Posted by: CalD | September 27, 2010 9:16 PM | Report abuse

Rand Paul is some sorta conspiracy theorist whacko, along with Angle and O'Donnell.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

And it suggests that hypnosis is the reason some Jewish people backed him.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

"Seems more likely that Dems will blink and agree to a temporary extension of the high end cuts. If you talk tough right after Dems caved, people aren't gonna believe it."
----------------------------------------------

You could be right I guess, but I don't see it. Without an election looming and whatever damage they were fearing already done? With ~action~ being required on their part to extend them?

If it were the case that it took some action on Democrats' part to ~stop~ the cuts from being extended, that would be one thing. But inaction is something I think they might just be able to pull off.

Posted by: CalD | September 27, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

Women sure turned quick on Rand. I guess he doesn't match up much to Conway. Not surprised I guess. Rand doesn't look like much of a leader, just some paranoid conspiracy theorist.

I think people should start showing up to his events handing out tin foil hats.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

"I get it now, tea party right wingers are attracted to conspiracy grasping loony toons."

Tell me about it. At our Tea Bagger rallies all you hear about is how the U.S. Supreme Court stole the 2000 election and Diebold stole the 2004 election. It's exhausting.

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 27, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

mikefromArlington at 9:19 PM

Medically - there were many questions raised about the relationship between HIV and AIDs - so your facts are wrong.

There were significant questions raised - and the questions centered around whether HIV caused AIDs - or something else caused AIDS and HIV was another consequence.

They test for HIV, not AIDS - however people were turning up in which the correlation was not always true - some people had HIV, but not AIDS - and people were turning up with AIDS, but not HIV

They were significant questions that had to be investigated.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 9:33 PM | Report abuse

How about the Hypnosis Deflectors. Could wear them like badges, assuming they need any stinkin' bahdges.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

I'd say here's the reality of it. The tax hike doesn't play well in some districts/states where some on the edge Dems might pull a win off. Reaganomics is still a popular theory and is tough to dislodge. Having the vote would make those Dems life just that much harder.

After the election, at that point, it doesn't matter how they vote or how the Dem majority votes.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Now, Troll, that's not true.

There's also a lot of discussion of the Invisible Hands conspiracy, the secret Koch propganda network, and the Straussian Neocon cabal's secret plans to destroy our constitutional government.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

So, the teabagger leadership consist of people who:

1) Think Beck is serious.

2) Think Obama is a Muslim and/or from Kenya

3) This Obama signed off on TARP

4) Obama hypnotized voters

5) Aids and HIV have no link

6) Think being gay is a social disorder

7) Think providing health care is just like being a Nazi

8) Don't understand this admin being handed a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit during an economic catastrophe can't be solved in a couple years.

9) Think women don't have the right to control what happens to their own body.

10) Believe that mice are running around with fully functional human brains.

Sorry folks, but that's just strange, no matter how you twist it. And that's just a few of the nuttiness that's come from those candidates.

If Democratic candidates were such whacko conspiracy theorists I'd be completely embarrassed. Instead, you fight to defend the craziness.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:49 PM | Report abuse

QB1,

Don't forget PNAC and the Carlyle Group. There was actually a fist fight (a pinkie finger was bitten off!) over those two rallies ago!

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 27, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

"10) Believe that mice are running around with fully functional human brains."

I believe there are people running around with fully functional mouse brains. I see a lot of that around here.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

qb, exactly what is conspiratorial about the Koch brothers?

How their father was one of the founders of the John Birche Society?

How they fund Americans for Prosperity, KATO foundation, Mercatus Group, are funding the anti climate legislation fight in Cali, etc etc.

Which part of what I said isn't true? Just because you don't want to believe conservative propaganda is being pushed by an oil company with a stake in it all isn't my fault.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 9:54 PM | Report abuse

What about the hypnosis? What about Obama hypnotizing voters? Especially Jewish voters?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

"Are Republicans confident in a Rand Paul win? National GOPers have pulled their advertising in Kentucky, which Dems say is a sign of worry, but Republicans say they're doing it because they don't believe the public polling showing it close."
----------------------------------------------

That is sure enough strange. Off the top of my head I can think of three or four possible reasons.

- They're sure he's going to win without their help.

- They're sure he's going to lose no matter what they do.

- They're running out of cash and need to pull back across the board.

- They're expecting someone else to step in and fill the void.

Some of those of course aren't mutually exclusive, but I'd think we can mostly rule out 1 and 3. Actually wouldn't surprise me though if they were hearing from the folks they sent down to mind him that they can't keep him on ice forever and the minute they let him out, all bets are off.

Posted by: CalD | September 27, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

We like totally agree, mike. Since we are members in good standing of the uber-conspiracy against all the goodness of America, we know you speak the truth.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

qb doesn't have anything to back up his claims so he plays dumb, which comes natural.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe Liam didn't ask us all to the Bears game.

sheesh

Posted by: tao9 | September 27, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse

At least wait until I make some claims before accusing me of failing to back them up and being dumb.

You sorta went on autopilot there, chief. It makes your cleverness look less clever.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

@mike,

Maybe qb is exhausted trying to defend crazy conspiracy theories. I would be.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 10:14 PM | Report abuse

Still nothing to back up his claims...

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Can't you read, 12bb? I'm exhausted from conspiring. We have so many that it gets to be a lot to juggle.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm just thankful the Democratic candidates haven't gone off the deep end.

I have zero interest in defending a bunch of raving maniacs who have a minimal grasp of reality. I'd imagine they get pretty red in the face trying to defend these imbeciles every time they open their mouths.

Wouldn't surprise me if in the end even some of these denialists pull the lever for a Dem because they might actually have a conscience still.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

mikefromArlington at 9:49 PM

Sure sounds like the people who claimed that Saddam posed no threat with weapons of mass destruction

- when Saddam used chemical weapons against his own people.

- Bill Clinton said that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction

- AND the CIA knew what it sold Saddam in the 1980s.

But the democrats STILL claimed that Saddam NEVER had chemical weapons, NEVER posed a threat - and those REASONS WERE A LIE.

Is it just like that?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

I'm exhausted from conspiring.

----------------------
And I'm exhausted just reading about it.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

So, does it make you "conservatives" proud to be a backer of Rand Paul when you know he thinks Obama 'hypnotized the Jews' into voting for him?

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:24 PM | Report abuse

FWIW: Gallup's latest generic ballot is still tied 46/46. I was kinda keeping my eye out for it on and off all day and never saw it come up on their site. Finally found it in an article entitled. "Midterm Election Landscape Still Points to Republican Gains." It's almost like they felt the need to spin it.

Posted by: CalD | September 27, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Just one conspiracy. Not the whole lot of them. Just one.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 10:25 PM | Report abuse

Either Rand Paul is a complete crazy idiot or he thinks the Kentucky voters are just plain stupid.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

"I suppose I'd make an attempt to turn to humor too when I'm forced day in day out to try and defend a bunch of psycho conspiracy theorists."

No, I'm just making fun of you.

I feel no need to defend anyone. The GOP could never match the Dems' lineup of idiots, crackpots, shills, empty suits, crooks, and loons.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Did Roosevelt ever tell the Generals that they should have LESS troops on D-Day ???

Did Wilson ever tell General Pershing that he had to bring LESS troops to France ???

Did the Continental Congress ever tell George Washington - YOU'VE GOT TOO MANY TROOPS AT YORKTOWN ????

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DEMOCRATS??

Our nation is in the hands of people who are obsessed that they are experts when in fact they are inexperienced and unqualified.

Was there EVER A GREATER NEED IN AMERICAN HISTORY THAN NOW FOR A POSTER WITH THE WORD "CHANGE" PRINTED ON IT ???

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

@qb,

Seriously, do you think it is remotely possible that articles run in Kentucky about things like the hypnosis theory, is the reason the race has tightened up. Paul was +15 just a few weeks ago.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Fun of me for highlight the crazy stuff the candidates you support say....gotcha.

That's a SaveTheRainforest kinda counter point there.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

"Seriously, do you think it is remotely possible that articles run in Kentucky about things like the hypnosis theory, is the reason the race has tightened up."

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

"Koch brothers?...How they fund...KATO foundation..."

{{{Hey, that's almost as many ellipises as a ThinkProgTeenBeat post!}}}

Well, any association with the Green Lantern and Bruce Lee's gotta count for somethin'.

Unless you mean they funded OJ's houseboy.

Oh. My. doG.

Pack-10 Bearz-7 3rd qtr

Posted by: tao9 | September 27, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

quarterback1 AT 9:53

In sharp contrast, the democrats THINK the people in their party are running around with fully functioning human brains.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 10:48 PM | Report abuse

I haven't the foggiest idea what is happening in Kentucky and don't plan to spend time studying. What I think is remotely possible isn't relevant to anything. What I can see is that you are really stretching.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

What are you going to say when Obama's policies lead to a terrorist attack which could have been PREVENTED ???

And 3,000 innocent Americans are DEAD - and it comes out that Obama's policies could have PREVENTED THE WHOLE THING?

Seems like an UNNECESSARY RISK - especially since our troops are already there.

_______________________

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

What I can see is that you are really stretching.
----------------------------
No doubt, no doubt.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | September 27, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

I think ya'll are arguing re: a Unicorn named SurveyUSA:

538/NateSilver's got Paul by 8pts.

Posted by: tao9 | September 27, 2010 10:56 PM | Report abuse

quarterback

Perhaps the polls in Kentucky are wrong - the one poll says the movement is among women.

Highly unusual to see women move 10 points in a race - and the men stay the same.

I think one should doubt the accuracy of the poll until it is confirmed over time

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

And 3,000 innocent Americans are DEAD ...

like on 9/11.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 11:16 PM | Report abuse

The deficit commission seems to be having the same sort of problems the Senate has. Republicans want it all their way all the time and the deficit be damned. Apparently the ONLY way to pretend to bring our debt down is to cut taxes some more. Gosh who knew?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Republicans on President Obama's fiscal commission, which is tasked with coming up with ways to reduce the deficit, have privately argued in official meetings that the panel should recommend further corporate and capital gains tax cuts as part of its mandate. The panel has been charged with raising revenues and cutting spending, to bring the federal budget into greater balance. But if Republican members are successful, their advocacy would result in either an unbalanced report, dedicated wholly to spending and benefit cuts -- or to gridlock and, thus, no recommendations at all.

At a tax reform working group meeting last week, Republicans argued against every possible tax increase. According to one source familiar with the deliberations, Republicans were even opposed to eliminating loopholes, exemptions, credits and other so-called "tax expenditures" unless the associated revenue increase could be used to lower capital gains and corporate income rates."

Posted by: lmsinca | September 27, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

'Deficits don't matter'

'It's a slam dunk Mr. President'

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 11:19 PM | Report abuse

to Mike at 11:13

Obama is not taking the possibility of that happening again seriously enough.

Obama creating a weaker position in Afghanistan DIRECTLY causes US Cities to be LESS SAFE TO TERRORISM.

What did you think the Generals were telling Obama when they were discussing the Afghan policy?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Stuart Rothenberg:

"When asked about the new Bluegrass Poll, which showed Republican Rand Paul’s lead shrinking from 15 points in an early September survey to a mere two points in a new survey, SurveyUSA pollster Jay Leve commented, 'Whether that is a result of genuine traction for (Conway), second thoughts about his opponent, or a newly raised consciousness among voters who a month ago were not focused on the contest, I am not sure.'

Let me suggest a different interpretation: The first poll was way off. The race hasn’t closed all that much."
---------------------------------------------

Posted by: CalD | September 27, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

Where's Imsinca? I hope she's just busy and hasn't given up on this blog. She's a voice of sanity, not to mention a valuable contributor to the progressive cause. Plus, I wanted to thank her again for responding to my question about the CA races. Imsinca, if you check in, thanks!

Posted by: carolanne528 | September 27, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Obama is endangering us by taking out the Taliban and Al-Qaeda left and right compared to when Bush didn't do a thing for 8 years, gotcha.

I think you and qb should get together and go bowling and share your deep wisdom and insight into todays events.

Grab tao too, he has some really good points on stuff.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Tao thinks by being cute it will negate the fact Koch started KATO or how David sits on the board of directors, or something or how his dad was a founder of the John Birche Society that thought Floride was some sort of mind control agent or some other wacky conspiracy.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 27, 2010 11:31 PM | Report abuse

===================================

A welcome addition.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 27, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

Carolanne, I was gone most of the weekend, but I have been finding I've lost a little interest here, and you're welcome for the CA comments. I briefly read through a few of the comments over the weekend and found some interesting discussion re poverty. Correct me if I'm wrong but some of the conservatives here seemed to believe the Dems have failed on that front. Well, that's not exactly true, big surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ron Brownstein reminds us of the bigger picture in a column utilizing new Census data. The recent economic troubles, he notes, simply exacerbated a already bad situation for all but the wealthiest Americans:

From 2000 through 2009, the Census Bureau found, the median income (measured in inflation-adjusted dollars) declined by 5 percent for white families, 8 percent for Hispanic families, and more than 11 percent for African-American families. That's almost unimaginable over an entire decade. From 1991 through 2000 (again in inflation-adjusted dollars) it had risen by 13 percent for whites, 19 percent for Hispanics, and 28 percent for African-Americans. Similarly, the total number of Americans in poverty increased by nearly 12 million in the last decade, more than obliterating the 4.1 million reduction during the 1990s. Especially troubling is that the number of poor children jumped by 3.9 million -- again, more than erasing the 2.8 million decline during the 1990s."

Posted by: lmsinca | September 27, 2010 11:39 PM | Report abuse

Imsinca,
Oops, I must have scrolled past your earlier post (avoiding STRF, lol). Glad to see you; I was afraid you'd decided to bail on this blog! Thanks again for responding to my question about the CA races. I saw some reasonably good polling news about some of those races; hope they get better or at least hold steady. Here in NY, we're faced with crude, bombastic Paladino, whose momentum will fade, I hope! Plus, my Rep, John Hall, of Orleans fame (and a really good rep), looks to be needing more help than I thought he would. I'll be phone-banking for him.

Posted by: carolanne528 | September 27, 2010 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 27, 2010 10:48 PM
========================================

Generalize your statement from Kentucky only.

Perhaps our plum-line conservatives are finally learning?
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 27, 2010 11:46 PM | Report abuse

mikefromArlington at 10:41 PM

THAT'S your counter-point ?

Is that all you can come up with?

GEEESSHHH.........

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 27, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Mike. Dude!

It's CATO (a Roman Senator).

It's Birch...no "e" unless you mean the French anti-comms.

It's Fluoride (cf. Dr. Strangelove).

Have the courtesy to remotely familiarize yourself with the hoohaw you crib to, at least, have the ability to spell it.

BTW: It's "know nothing" psychopaths. Like, uh, you "know," ninja.

QED

Posted by: tao9 | September 27, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Carolann, we saw a great show yesterday that I think may be heading to NY. It's called "Rain", a tribute to the Beatles. Well worth the money if you're a fan. I was surprised to see so many young people in the audience. I sort of thought my kids were the only ones I indoctrinated.

Posted by: lmsinca | September 27, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

"It's puts into perspective today's tea partiers when you consider who's backing these no nothing psychopaths."

Are the Koch brothers the psychopaths or us TeaBaggers? Cause I thought we were racists. Or are we crazy racist psychopaths?

Can someone please update the TPS report for me?

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 27, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

CalD at 11:23 PM

Everyone thinks the polling is work - which polling no one knows.

Rand Paul will win -

The Republicans are way ahead in Ohio - there is no way that Kentucky, all of a sudden, and without reason, started going in the other direction.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 28, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

carolanne528 at 11:45 PM

I was trying to scroll through too - but I started to read your post too

it happens.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 28, 2010 12:04 AM | Report abuse

tao's lack of denial is acceptance of Birchers, birthers and the rest of loonies running to be leaders in the Republican party.

And, SaveTheRainforest, sorry but I gotta ask.

Are you stupid or something? Your posts remind me of when I accidentally turn on Jerry Springer in the mornings and listen briefly to the kinds of arguments the simpletons on there have.

I feel at any moment I'm going to get suckered into a 'nu uh' 'uh huh' 'i know you are but what am i' kinda argument with you.

And, just to be clear, did you earlier say the CIA sold Sadam chemical weapons? I just want everyone to see your claim for the record.

Thanks!

And Troll, if you don't think it's odd that the Kochs dad started the conspiratorial Birch Society or that David himself wanted to disband the CIA, FBI and other organizations during his run on the Libertarian ticket in the 80's then I can't help ya. Enjoy the company in loony ville.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 28, 2010 12:05 AM | Report abuse

The Light of Truth has been shining into the left-wing echo chamber of late

Yea - truth is better than echo.

And it is a good idea to see other points of view.

I can not believe that the left is so weak though - I was expecting better defenses from the left.

I suppose that is why Obama is in so much trouble now.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 28, 2010 12:08 AM | Report abuse

tao's excuse for supporting conspiracy theorists:

Correct someones spelling. More right wing logic.

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 28, 2010 12:09 AM | Report abuse

The Koch brothers are sure trying to drum up a lot of Tea Party support here for Prop. 23, to undue the new emission standards we enacted here in CA in 06. Between the money and the propaganda we're lucky we have people raising money to defeat them, because they're pretty determined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The contribution came from Flint Hills Resources LP, based in Wichita, Kan., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Koch Industries, the nation's second-largest private company, with estimated annual revenue of $100 billion. It was posted online Thursday by the California secretary of state.

Prop. 23 was launched by two Texas-based refiners, Valero Energy Corp. and Tesoro Corp. which have been its primary funders. The involvement of the Koch brothers signals that the California initiative is likely to become the focus of a national campaign, now that climate change legislation has stalled in Congress.

The Koch brothers (pronounced “Coke”), who operate oil refineries in Alaska, Texas and Minnesota, have sponsored a web of groups involved in campaigns to deny the significance of climate change and the need for renewable energy. Koch-funded groups have trained and organized "tea party" activists across the country.

"If you combined BP’s approach to safety with Enron’s greed, you would have Koch," said Steve Maviglio, a spokesman for the "No on 23" campaign. "With this contribution, the out-of-state oil companies trying to put their profits before California jobs just got a lot dirtier."

Posted by: lmsinca | September 28, 2010 12:12 AM | Report abuse

"Enjoy the company in loony ville."

I'm certainly enjoying your company in loony ville (or is it loonyville?)!

"then I can't help ya."

Can you at least email me the new cover sheet for the TPS report?

Posted by: TrollMcWingnut | September 28, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse

lmsinca, careful, you will now also be called a crazy conspiracy theorist as I was when I stated what the Koch's bankroll.

Next I'm guessing someone will bring up Soros and how his influence is exactly the same.

Anyways, time for bed.

Tie on those tin foil hats tightly wingers, the Dems is out ta getcha with their, as skipsailing put it:

Posted by: mikefromArlington | September 28, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

I don't call contributing 1/8 of the money to finance a bill that undoes something CA voters approved four years ago and has lead the way in public and private investment in alternative fuel sources and clean energy a conspiracy. We're about two million behind in killing their proposition, wish us luck.

Posted by: lmsinca | September 28, 2010 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Mike,

re: denial

You have yet to deny that your father stole the American flags off the graves at Arlington National and then sold them to tourists.

After you're done looking it up, keep reading and come back in, uh, four or five years...'cause that's how long it's going to take, bro. You might also want to think about that GED.

I've got to work in the morning. Let us know how all the accidental a.m. hours of Jerry Springer viewing go when you return in 2015.

Zaftig simpletonism ain't no way to go through life, son.

asta la viola

Posted by: tao9 | September 28, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

tao, what's up old man?

I have a swollen middle finger to show you from my mtn bike adventures this weekend. I should have tried to land on my head....

Your leaves turning yet?

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 28, 2010 12:42 AM | Report abuse

BG,

Just about to turn in. Should have just let it go w/ Mike because I wanted to shout out to lms, but got sucked in (ihatethat).

Did you go over the bars or slide out the back wheel? I know a couple of guys w/ broken wrists from that action. I can send you one of my auld Coopers (hockey helmet).

Heading up to the St.LaurentRivre & environs for the weekend to help friends shut down a 1000Island house for the winter. Leaves are starting to turn here right now so they'll be on fire up there.

Reading "The Shack"...God the Father is an omniscient, OprahCosmicMom with a big, big love (to quote the Pixies). Ms. Tao handed it off to me, so we'll discuss. ;>)

Toro toro taxi, see you later my son.

Posted by: tao9 | September 28, 2010 1:04 AM | Report abuse

BG, almost forgot...

Hey How Bout Dem Bears?

I think Liam went to the game!

Posted by: tao9 | September 28, 2010 1:08 AM | Report abuse

tao, just a spill down a rutted and rooty incline. Couldn't clip out of the pedal so fell with the bike on top of me. You know, save the valuables.

Thousand Islands. Beauty up there, esp this time o'year. I always miss the Finger Lakes in the fall.

Will talk books soon. Got a couple of suggestions.

I assume that if Liam was at the game we would have seen some streaking action.

And hey lms, hot there? Heard LA broke a record. Crazy. Cool and perfect here for sleeping and sports.

Posted by: BGinCHI | September 28, 2010 1:24 AM | Report abuse

mikefromArlington 12:05 AM

Seriously man, the quality of your posts is pretty low.

I really would prefer not to go into every detail.

I think you are being to understand somethings, though - I gradually see you beginning to understand what the conservatives are saying.

It's a little more complex than - let's take from the rich and give to the poor.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | September 28, 2010 2:38 AM | Report abuse

"Not sure which is funnier. Some of the crazy things a lot of Tea Party/GOP senate candidates believe? Or the fact that a lot of them are going to be elected."

That last one. Funny in the "you lefties made your bed, now you get to lay in it" sort of way, but probably only to right-leaning Zombie Reagan acolytes like myself.

@STRF: "Seriously man, the quality of your posts is pretty low."

Physician, heal thyself.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | September 28, 2010 6:47 AM | Report abuse

@mike: "get on with the task of taxing and regulating Americans for the greater glory of the state."

Well, as short hand, it's as least as accurate as anything the left (with similar brevity) has to say about the right. Although, I think it should include something about the lofty regimens that are developed for the peons that only those who don't have to live by their own prescriptions would come up with. ;)

To quote C.S. Lewis: "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons that under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | September 28, 2010 6:53 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | September 28, 2010 6:53 AM
==================================

I don't see any evidence of this. In fact the Koch brothers, Pete Peterson, and the rest of the plutocrats who want to eliminate Social Security don't appear to have any trouble with their consciences.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 28, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

@thunder: "I don't see any evidence of this. In fact the Koch brothers, Pete Peterson, and the rest of the plutocrats who want to eliminate Social Security don't appear to have any trouble with their consciences"

As their consciences may be irrelevant in terms of their meddling, that's not surprising. The real question is, is there any sign that their cupidity may at some point be satiated? I'm not sure either brand of busybody will ever stop trying to impose their will on the rest of us.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | September 28, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

And those robber barons you defend, KW, are also omnipotent moral busybodies. You know, a woman has a moral obligation not to choose, gays have a moral obligation to be cured and not to marry, etc.

Posted by: cmccauley60 | September 28, 2010 8:32 AM | Report abuse

All, Morning Roundup posted:

Posted by: Greg Sargent | September 28, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

@cmccauley60: "And those robber barons you defend, KW, are also omnipotent moral busybodies."

I have never suggested that moral busybodies don't occupy the full range of the ideological spectrum, nor am I defending robber barons.They have sufficient resources to defend themselves. ;)

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | September 28, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

Omnipotent robber barons? Then I suppose your objections are of theoretical interest only.

The only people currently trying to run our lives, silence our speech, cripple our businesses, loot our bank accounts, rob our children, and reengineer society are the Obamacrats. They actually have their hands on all the levers of government power.

Posted by: quarterback1 | September 28, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse