If you don't get health coverage, Dems will send you to jail

The attack ads are coming fast and furious now on both sides, with many of them passing entirely under the radar, so I hope you'll keep me posted on what you're seeing in your states and districts.

Check out this spot slamming Dem Rep Chris Murphy of Connecticut -- who's being challenged in a tough district by Republican Sam Caligiuri -- with the claim that health reform means "jail time for anyone without coverage."

The spot, which was sent in by an operative involved in the race, is the handiwork of American Action Network, another shadowy conservative group that has already spent $5 million this cycle:

The ad claims health reform means "$500 billion in Medicare cuts." But Politifact found that "the law does not take $500 billion out of the current Medicare budget."

The ad claims health reform means "thousands of new IRS agents." But Factcheck.org pronounced that assertion "wildly misleading."

As for the claim of "jail time for anyone without coverage," the original bill passed by the House did provide for possible criminal prosection of those who evade the tax imposed on those who don't get mandated coverage. But FactCheck.org says the Senate nixed that provision, and the final bill Obama signed said folks will not be subject to criminal prosecution.

All of which is to say -- again -- that the untold side of this story is that all this cash is funding a massive national campaign riddled with falsehoods and distortions. Let me know what else you're seeing -- on both sides.

UPDATE, 3:51 p.m.: According to the Post's awesome campaign money tracker, which you really should check out, this group has already spent a surprising $485,000 targeting Murphy.

By Greg Sargent  | October 25, 2010; 3:29 PM ET
Categories:  2010 elections, Campaign finance, Health reform
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Compare and contrast
Next: Sharron Angle ad shows Mexican border -- after she insisted her ads weren't about Latinos

Comments

When you don't have facts, you tell lies.

GOP strategy in a nutshell.

Posted by: BGinCHI | October 25, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

And while in jail you will be provided with health care, so it is all good.

I think I may have just solved the health care crisis. Lock us all up, where we will have our health care needs taken care of.

Please please, do not nominate me for The Nobel Peace Prize. I hate wearing a Tux.

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Cue Broder, CNN, Andrea Mitchell, and every other Beltway hack:

"both sides do it"

And if you believe that, you believe Eric Cantor is a policy wonk.

Posted by: BGinCHI | October 25, 2010 3:38 PM | Report abuse

FactCheck.org also says that Obama was born in Hawaii even though the FACT is that his paternal grandmother stated that she was present in Kenya when he was born there. If anyone thinks that people who refuse to pay the ObamaCare mandate really won't be threatened with jail, I've got a bridge to sell you off of Delancy.

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Can we amend the Constitution immediately to ban political ads on television during the World Series? The World Series is just too important -- the commercial breaks should be reserved for ads for beer, just as the Founders meant it to be.

(With no offense meant to Rangers fans -- Go Giants!)

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Who is gullible enough to believe this kind of thing?

Putting someone in jail costs (if memory serves) between 30K and 40K per year. Why would it make sense to jail someone for not having insurance? Once they are in jail who pays for their insurance?

Thank God for DVRs. Political ads, from both sides, are atrocious. Good lord, politicians (of all stripes) share one thing in common; they think the American people are stupid. If I had to actually sit through all those ads instead of fast forwarding I'd have shot my TV by now.

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

nisleib,

God didn't give me a DVR. Should I be praying for that? God only gave me a remote control, with a sacred "mute" button. Am I worshipping the wrong God? Do all the Rangers fans have DVRs?

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

"When you don't have facts, you tell lies."

Whatever happened to having a conscience?

Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?

Whatever happened to wanting to be accurate?

Whatever happened to wanting to be fair?

Whatever happened to doing the right thing?

Whatever happened to our country rejecting lying, greed, and deceit?

What happened to our country?

Posted by: Ethan2010 | October 25, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

OT but pretty clever...

New ad by Jerry Brown, using a clip of Meg Whitman saying "30 years ago, anything was possible in California." and..."That's why I came here so many years ago."

Just so happens that 30 years ago, Jerry Brown was the Governor of California.

LOL

Posted by: suekzoo1 | October 25, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

In jail, you get free health care, right?

Problem solved.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

bearclaw, maybe you are praying to the wrong God? (Are you a sekrit mooslin?)

Posted by: suekzoo1 | October 25, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

As for the "update" too bad the Washington Post didn't have that awesome campaign money tracker in 2008. It would have really solved a lot of these problems that we are having today.

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Hey, how do you get to be shadowy?

What is the governing body that designates who is actually shadowy?

Is there a Czar of the Dept of Identifying Shadowy Funding Entities (aka DISFE; pronounced diz-fay)?

Can AFSCME be shadowy, or is that f<>kin' impossible and what the f><k are you talkin' about you f{}kin' punk?

Posted by: tao9 | October 25, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

*******

Yes, if you don't have one you should be praying for one.

While I usually try to avoid giving advice to those shopping around for a new deity, I'll break that rule this one time:

The Flying Spaghetti Monster IS the only God that urges her followers to get a DVR. FSM takes offense whenever she views an ad from the Olive Garden and urges us all to zip through said ads. I don't know why. Some mystery's are best left mysterious. Plus, us Pastafarians get to talk like pirates!

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

suekzoo1,

Thanks for the link to the Brown ad. They are doing some great ads -- have you seen the one that has Arnold and Meg in side-by-side comparison, spouting the exact same platitudes? Someone finally learned from what the Daily Show does -- dig into the video archives, where the real gold is.

That said, I only need to see these ads once. Help save the World Series -- bring back the Budweiser Clydesdales! (And I don't even like Budweiser).

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

tao9

AFSCME is transparent about its funding sources.

American Action Network isn't.

AAN = shadowy.

These are simple, demonstrable facts.

Posted by: Greg Sargent | October 25, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

clawrence, I've seen you spread that rumor before. The translation later proved that she said she was in Kenya when he was born and that he was born in Hawaii. I don't usually go round and round on this birther issue because it just seems all together too ridiculous but I'm tired of you repeating the same false information over and over. You're entitled to believe our president was born in Kenya if you want, but I'm afraid it says more about you than Obama.

Posted by: lmsinca | October 25, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

nisleib,

I should have known. If only I can be touched by her noodley appendage, I will be spared from the scourge (good pirate word) of the next week of political ads!

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 3:55 PM

*******

And you base that on what? Did Mark Levin tell you that? Or was it Rush Limbaugh?

You have to believe it because you, apparently, can't think for yourself. If you could you would look it up and realize that you are being lied to.

You can't provide a single piece of evidence (because none exists) that shows I'm wrong but you insist that it is true. Tell me, where you this certain about "Death Panels?" I'm guessing you were.

PS - Are you JakeD2? Did you pull a STRF and change your name so people will pay attention to you?

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

@BG

"When you don't have facts, you tell lies. GOP strategy in a nutshell."

Wonderfully succinct and accurate analysis.

@nisleib

"Who is gullible enough to believe this kind of thing?"

I think Clawrence has answered that question for you. LMAO

@tao "Maybe the shadowy funders can partner with the NSA and CIA so we could use shadowy tricks to find out why China and Iran are eaing our intel lunch."

That explains everything for me. Perhaps that is why China occupies Tibet. Cheney, Rummy and the boys probably assured the Chinese with our wonderful intel that the Dalai Lama's peaceful Buddhist exterior is just a front. The Dalai Lama actually has weapons of mass destruction.

Posted by: rukidding7 | October 25, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Here's an apt description of the GOP story about the GOP money:

Well first, George Will's assertion that advertising/propaganda doesn't work is going to come as a huge surprise to, well, every single corporation in American history. Every single not-for-profit. Every single disease, handicap and addiction group. MADD. The US Army. Firework safety advocates. 1-900 sex lines. Museums. All the houses on my block that are up for sale. The Marshall Plan. NASA. Leni Riefenstahl. The guy selling bootleg DVDs out of his trunk. Fox News. The builders of the pyramids. Rock and roll. The creators of the cave paintings at Lascaux. Reddy Kilowatt. And basically every sentient creature who has ever walked the Earth.

Second, why does the exact phrase -- ""marginal utility of the last political dollar" -- sound so familiar?

Oh yeah, because America's own Waylon Smithers

was telling exactly the same lie using exactly the same words last week in the New York Times:

"Every federal candidate in a close race has plenty of money and the marginal utility of each new dollar is zero."

thus demonstrating once again that the only thing wrong with the sentence "Jesus, it's as if everyone on the Right is a fvcking automaton reading from the same fvcking script" are the words "as if".
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | October 25, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

@suekzoo Glad to have your participating again! Thanks for the link. I agree with bearclaw that the Brown campaign ads have been very pointed and entertaining...although like bearclaw I've had enough political spots and would also love to see some more "Clydesdale" spots.
Plus I'm with you bearclaw..go Giants.

Meanwhile Sue you've never told me if you guys have cleaned up that mess in your river. If not I'm going to start lobbying for a large dam just below you guys so my beloved Great Lakes don't get any more contamination. :-)

Posted by: rukidding7 | October 25, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Ironically, the democrats want to make smoking pot legal,

But not having health insurance will send you to Federal Prison.

Makes sense, right ?

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:07 PM

*******

The sad thing is that I was finally, finally!, ready to make the switch from Pepsi to Coke. If only Rick Perry (who's hair has never been touched by her noodley appendage) hadn't bought up all the air time in Texas maybe Pepsi could have won me over.

snark/

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Just remember one thing:

Scott Rasmussen started ESPN

A pioneer.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

Clawrence is JakeD2. It is the same person, donning another disguise, just like The Rain Forest creature does.

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Good stuff regarding this latest "argument" that things would be swell for the Dems but for all this secret money:

"Go here and scroll alllllll the way down to see how long ago it was that the generic ballot started to tilt towards Republicans. Even lefty pollsters like PPP were showing a lead for the GOP as far back as August 2009. If you want to throw that poll out because it was taken at the height of anti-ObamaCare townhall fever, no problem: Gallup found the GOP ahead in November 2009 and, as you’ll see, more pollsters started to follow suit shortly thereafter. (Rasmussen, which polls only likely voters, has had Republicans ahead for ages.) Which is to say, the big red wave has been building for a long, long time, first gathering strength during the ObamaCare debacle and then racing towards shore when Recovery Summer turned into Double-Dip-ish Fall. And yet here’s Madam Speaker, fooling exactly no one with the talking point du jour. Serious question: Is this just desperate eleventh-hour excuse-making or … is she actually starting to believe it?"

Posted by: sbj3 | October 25, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

nisleib asks PS - Are you JakeD2?
-------------------------------
Let's see about clawrence and JakeD2:

Same obsession with birtherism? Check.

Same hatred of Obama? Check.

Same obsession with quoting the Bible? Check.

Same obsession with sophistry? Check.

Same one-two sentence style? Check.

Jake under threat from the powers to be from the Plumline? Check.

Live in the same place? No, clawrence lives in California. Jake USED to live in California.

Well, there you have it.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | October 25, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

The liberals on this board are constantly on witch-hunts

This person is this person - not he's this person under a different name.

NOO - it's really this person.

NO - it's this person and then they switched here - and then there.

Walking in the dark at night, do you see Conservatives behind every tree?

They are there, you know.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Are we still piling on Bearclaw for the birther thing? Yes? Good.

Yes, there was an annoucement in a Hawaii newspaper that a Barack Obama was born in Hawaii on the correct day, but that's easily explained by time travel.

Posted by: cao091402 | October 25, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Watch OUT !!!

There is a Conservative - right there in that shadow.

No, he moved over there - in that shadow.

That money is shadowy - SHA DOE EEEE

WAIT behind that tree - I saw something move...........

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues & Liam-still:

He isn't very good at hiding his identity.

Is Greg aware?

I haven't been that active of late because the Troll Poo was sickening. Yesterday's warning from Greg convinced me that he was going to do something about it, but it looks like the same two guys who made this place unbearable are still trying to destroy the Plum Line.

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

"Walking in the dark at night, do you see Conservatives behind every tree?"

No. If it is dark, and the Conservatives are BEHIND the trees, we would not be able to see them. Try logic, just for a change.

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

cao091402 at 4:30 PM

That birth announcement did NOT state WHERE Obama was born.

It just gave an address for the parents - and it did NOT mention a hospital.

The paternal grandmother said SHE SAW Obama being born in Africa.

There is a distinct lack of paperwork here, which could be partially solved by Obama signing a release to open up the file in Hawaii.

Why not just sign the release and let everyone see what is inside the file ?

The document given by the Obama campaign is the SAME DOCUMENT given to babies born OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY, so that document proves NOTHING.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

lmsinca, the translation actually proves she said "yes" that she was present in Kenya when he was born. Perhaps you do not know as much about the record as you think you do?

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Bearclaw

Most people who hide behind trees are partially visible.

That's what makes it so SCARY.

Just ask Christine O'Donnell.

LOOK - over there - I think something MOVED.

Maybe it's just a leaf, no - Someone is hiding behing that tree........

It must be a CONSERVATIVE WITH UNDISCLOSED MONEY.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

cao091402,

Wrong claw! Clawrence12 is the birther. I have devoted more time than I care to recall battling the birthers. I seldom take the bait anymore, however, given that birthers seem to simply recycle all their disproven arguments.

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:40 PM | Report abuse

Greg - I'm not sticking around if you are going to let the Plum Line become Birther Central.

Later all!

Liam, RUK, Bearclaw, have fun with the birthers!

Posted by: nisleib | October 25, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Why people believe these silly ads is beyond me. I still don't understand why ANY middle class person would vote for a Republican. Any Republican--in this climate. Can anyone tell me ONE thing they've done in the last ten years to help you? To make govt. better? To solve our biggest problems like the skyrocketing cost of health care? No. They have not. But they've gotten richer and so have their friends.

Posted by: LAB2 | October 25, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Birth certificates are not issued for Cacti.

"I mean, just look at him".

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

nisleib, I read it in the bill ("death panels" are coming as well just as soon as government bureaurcrats decide what is too expensive to cover and the FDA withholds approval for more and more drugs). Neither Levin nor Limbaugh told me. I am not JakeD. Are you?

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

clawrence12

The most convincing evidence is that Obama was born in Africa

AND then his step-father adopted him, a process which would have made Obama an Indonesian citizen AND a process which would have caused Obama to LOSE HIS US CITIZENSHIP.

CONTRARY to any documents to the contrary, this is clearly the most convincing evidence.

When Obama's mother divorced the step-father, Obama was already 18, and Obama's Indonesian citizenship was intact.

Obama enrolled in Occidental College under the name Barry Soeroto -

Then at some point, Obama picked up his old name, but Obama apparently NEVER tried to re-enter the country legally.

So, the abundance of EVIDENCE AVAILABLE points to Obama being an illegal alien.

If you have actual paperwork which proves otherwise, please show us.

(The document which the Obama campaign provided on a website is the SAME document which Hawaii provides to babies born OUTSIDE the country. That document proves NOTHING - and is completely IRRELEVANT to these issues)

Again, Obama at any time can sign a release opening up the file in Hawaii - OR Obama can provide additional documents which prove otherwise.

The country has GOTTEN NOTHING FROM OBAMA.

Posted by: SaveTheRainforest | October 25, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

@nisleib,

Greg is aware of all the handles that STRF goes by. At least, he should be since this is a daily occurrence.

Clawrence=jaked? I don't know about that.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | October 25, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

I'm with nisleib. Blogging with birthers is a waste of time. I'm not participating in any birther threads.

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Later, nisleib.

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Harry Reid was born in Kenya. Jomo Kenyatta's House Maid told me that she cut his umbilical cord.

Harry Reid is actually a black man, who just suffers from a rare pigmentation disorder, known as Reverse John Boehner's Disease.

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

@nisleib,

Greg says they have decided to change comment software, although he pulled back on that a little. The powers that be are probably still deciding on that. I'm guessing that the comments section is outsourced to a contractor, so the WaPo can't just change some single feature, but has to go to another contractor. Correct me if I'm wrong, Greg.

The two bad boys of PlumLine have both gotten nastygrams from the editors, I'm guessing. They are trying out their aliases to see what works, what's blocked, and just to keep the confusion up as long as possible, so that people can't focus on the fact there are only TWO of them.

I'll bet the comment software change is within two weeks of implementation.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | October 25, 2010 4:53 PM | Report abuse

Later, bearclaw.

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

ruk, most of the clean up from the Enbridge spill is done. Some homeowners were bought out, some work continues.

Btw, I did reply a few times to your inquiries, but you must have not seen my responses since they were during a heightened spam session of our resident trollmonsters....sad..huh?

Posted by: suekzoo1 | October 25, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

"The Feds will be putting people in jail for failing to get health insurance, whether you want to believe it or not."

Don't be ridiculous. They're planning on sending you to re-education camps, not prison. Jeez....

Posted by: schrodingerscat | October 25, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

@clawrence: "nislieb, I've got a bridge to sell you then. The Feds will be putting people in jail for failing to get health insurance, whether you want to believe it or not."

I dunno. Seems much more likely that they'll just fine you, and have you pay the fine by automatic garnishment or something like that. Rather than pay money to put you in jail (and weather the bad PR), I suspect they'll just garnish your wages and seize assets, if they do anything at all.

@Liam-still: "Birth certificates are not issued for Cacti."

My point exactly. He's, like, obviously a cactus. And it's really his responsibility to prove that he is not a cactus. Or a powerful hypnotist who uses NLP to fool masses of people into voting for him. While simultaneously being a cactus.

Re: birthers. Birthers and truthers, sittin' in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Etc.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | October 25, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

@12Bar: "The powers that be are probably still deciding on that. I'm guessing that the comments section is outsourced to a contractor, so the WaPo can't just change some single feature, but has to go to another contractor. Correct me if I'm wrong, Greg."

I don't know exactly how they handle it, but their appears to be a laboratory for new ways to do things at the WaPo, and The Fix comments come out of that. I think the IPS at work doesn't like it because of references to javascript libraries in other domains (often a sign of malevolent code in a legitimate website), and there may be additional outside references within those javascript libraries. Anyway, I imagine whatever happens here will also come from the WaPo labs, but won't work for me.

I was curious as to just why The Fix doesn't work for me, and took a look at it. It seems to be at the point where some code from the .js libraries would be executing, but I don't know for sure. Anyhoo, I think the development is mostly done in house at the WaPo.

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | October 25, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

@Kevin: "Birthers and truthers, sittin' in a tree."

Posted by: sbj3 | October 25, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

All, check out this comic level of dishonesty in Angle's new ad attacking Reid on immigration:

Posted by: Greg Sargent | October 25, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

I like the no tolerance rule at Daily Kos concerning conspiracy theories. That goes for both birthers and truthers.

Posted by: schrodingerscat | October 25, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

schrodingerscat,

Amen. Different topping, same nutty center.

Posted by: bearclaw1 | October 25, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Hi Greg!

Re: shadowy

I really was only having fun with the ubiquitous (lately) adjective.

{{{skewer is in 2nd place}}}

But I would also say that: "Transparency v. Non-disclosure" is a shadowy way to ominously say. "It's perfectly legal." ;>)

& thanx for the work on the format controversy, hopefully dormant now.

Posted by: tao9 | October 25, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Who are the Sinister Secret Funders Of Rove and The Chamber Of Con Artists? What have they been promised, and how can we ever tell when their selected puppets seek to pass the changes that they paid for?

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

@sbj3: "Careful there, you almost had the liberals on your side. But then you blew it with that. Plum Line liberals and progressives, of course, see no equivalence at all between birthers and truthers."

Indeed. In the left's world view, 98% of Republicans are birthers and it's part of the GOP party platform, while there are maybe two or three truthers. And probably not even then. Which just ain't the case. And I'm not assigning a particular ideology to trutherism, but I know it has both more books and more websites and more digital movies and podcasts dedicated to it that birtherism does.

Although there are clearly more birthers than truthers here, which is nice, but, like the birthers, the truthers spend more time hanging out in conservative forums and regaling folks with their 9/11 wisdom.

I like the no tolerance for conspiracy theories, ala Kos, too. No birtherism, no trutherism, and no trig-trutherism (in this case, I only know of one real believe in Trig Truterism, and that's Andrew Sullivan).

I get all the conspiracies I want from Adam Curry and No Agenda (you may not be aware the Haiti earthquake was caused by an earthquake machine, and development on weather machines have long been underway, and that everyone who has ever had an opinion and then at some point died was murdered because of their speaking out against the conspiracy). But if you listen to Adam Curry, you'll find out. ;)

Posted by: Kevin_Willis | October 25, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

Are there any hard numbers out there correlating (or not) the truthfulness rating of ads this cycle with who ran them, e.g., transparent v nondisclosure orgs and other permutations? I ask because I lately have been reconsidering my thinking on the Citizens United effect and have begun to question whether I actually am more offended by perceived misinformation than by the source.

Posted by: okiegirl | October 25, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: suekzoo1:

"Just so happens that 30 years ago, Jerry Brown was the Governor of California."

LOL indeed! Thanks for that; it's the kind of thing that really makes me smile. It may be too late for Brown to use it, but I hope many others in CA appreciate the irony :)

Posted by: carolanne528 | October 25, 2010 5:40 PM | Report abuse

SaveTheRainforest, I do not have actual paperwork that proves otherwise. As you pointed out, Obama himself could easily consent to the release of those records.

Posted by: clawrence12 | October 25, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

I do not have any documentation that proves Ms. Whitman is not a Nutmeg tree. She sure is tall and sturdy looking. Why doesn't she just release a medical checkup report from a Tree Surgeon, that shows that she is not as wooden as many people think she is. What is she trying to hide?

Posted by: Liam-still | October 25, 2010 6:22 PM | Report abuse

At least in jail you get health care.

I sincerely doubt that Murphy is going anywhere though. So money spent by the radical right wing in his district is probably money they can't spend someplace where it might do them more good. And I'm sure local broadcasters are happy enough for the windfall.

Posted by: CalD | October 25, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

So what Journolist is confirming is fact the Democrats who voted for original health care bill in the house DID vote to send you to jail (criminal prosecution) for failing to comply with the Health Care law.

Thanks for clearing that up, Greg!

Also, there is strong rumor going around that everyone the votes Republican this year is going to get a FREE Slurpee from President Obama. Could you verify that for us?

(My guess is it just too many people listening to the same campaign speech over and over and over again.)

Posted by: TECWRITE | October 25, 2010 8:36 PM | Report abuse

clawrence12 wrote>>>FactCheck.org also says that Obama was born in Hawaii even though the FACT is that his paternal grandmother stated that she was present in Kenya when he was born there

Guess that's why Pres. Obama's birth IN HAWAII was published in Hawaii newspapers.
Last month, Republicans voted to CONTINUE shipping middle class jobs overseas - but Fox & Frightwing radio have Righties focused on Obama's birth certificate.
sigh