* House Republicans unveil another proposal to temporarily fund the government with $6 billion in cuts, and oddly enough, Senate Democrats are far quicker to embrace the proposal than conservative groups are, a sign of how far to the right...
* Taken all together, liberal groups have raised nearly $2 million for recall drives against Wisconsin GOP state senators, a sign that the national Dem base won't lose interest in this standoff anytime soon. * Sam Stein's reporting reveals the...
UPDATE, 7:59 p.m.: The Wisconsin Democratic Party sends over a copy of the forthcoming statement from Dem chair Mike Tate, and note the explicit threat to mount a recall drive targeting Governor Scott Walker: "Using tactics that trample on the...
* The budget skirmishing continues as Harry Reid prepares to force Senate Republicans to vote on what he calls the "Tea Party" spending plan favored by House GOPers, in the belief that some moderate Republicans will balk. * Post fact...
| March 8, 2011; 6:28 PM ET |
Categories: 2012, Foreign policy and national security, Happy Hour Roundup, House GOPers, Labor, Senate Dems, Senate Republicans, budget
Save & Share:
* Senator John Ensign's retirement means Republicans can breathe a big sigh of relief, and both parties will aggressively pursue the seat. Also: It provides an opening for Sharron Angle to have another run at changing this Congress's current course...
| March 7, 2011; 5:57 PM ET |
Categories: 2012, Foreign policy and national security, Happy Hour Roundup, House GOPers, Labor, Senate Dems, Senate Republicans
Save & Share:
* Andy Kroll has a very comprehensive and detailed behind-the-scenes look at how unions rapidly mobilized to turn Wisconsin into a national showdown that could revitalize the labor movement. * Eric Kleefeld has the latest on Governor Scott Walker's layoff-threat...