House Dem talking points on health repeal
Talking Points on Motion to Commit; Republican Rules Package 112th Congress
Americans Have Right to Know: Do Supporters of Health Repeal have Federal Health Benefits
• Instead of focusing on job creation, the top Republican priority is to repeal the health law that protects Americans from insurance company abuses.
• The Democratic Motion to Commit would require Members of the House to publicly disclose if they are signing up for federal health benefits within 15 days of their being sworn into office.
• The public has a right to know which Members of the House take health benefits and which Members do not.
• It would be hypocritical for Republicans to try to deny health care to Americans and also vote against disclosing whether they take the same kind of health care for themselves.
• Some Republican Members have already complained about not having health coverage for a few weeks, after promising to repeal health coverage for millions of Americans who find themselves without health insurance for months or even years.