* House GOP to take plunge into "entitlement" cuts: GOP Rep Paul Ryan says in a new interview that House Republicans will take the first step into the "entitlements" briar patch, vowing to offer fundamental changes to Medicare and Medicaid...
* The smoke clears from the wreckage in Wisconsin: As everyone takes stock of yesterday's events, it's becoming clearer that the situation in Wisconsin is now going to escalate exponentially, and on multiple fronts. Today labor leaders and strategists involved...
* Scott Walker, feeling heat, suggests compromise with labor and Dems: The Milwakee Journal Sentinal posts newly-released emails showing that Governor Scott Walker is privately floating ideas for a compromise with missing Democrats in order to find a way out...
| March 9, 2011; 8:35 AM ET |
Categories: Foreign policy and national security, House GOPers, Labor, Morning Plum, Senate Dems, Senate Republicans, budget
Save & Share:
* David Obey predicts Walker will be recalled: Quote of the morning, from former Wisconsin Rep. and top labor ally David Obey: "It is apparent to me that if the Governor does not engage in meaningful compromise, he will be...
| March 8, 2011; 8:43 AM ET |
Categories: Foreign policy and national security, House GOPers, Labor, Morning Plum, Senate Dems, Senate Republicans, deficit
Save & Share:
* Wisconsin Dems deny reports that they are set to return: Yesterday the Wall Street Journal caused a stir by reporting that Dems were signaling that they were prepared to return to the capitol even if Governor Scott Walker fails...
* Lefty groups expand advertising in Wisconsin: Over $400,000 has now flowed in from around the country to support the airing of that ad featuring ordinary Wisconsinites making the case against Governor Scott Walker. And the Progressive Change Campaign Committee's...