BOOK WORLD - August 22, 2010
Very little new on the (very) short list of political top-sellers ...
Only political analyst and former congressman Harold Ford Jr.'s new memoir. August seems such an odd time to release what they surely hope will be a popular title. His story is certainly engaging enough ... perhaps the publisher hoped to get a head start on the slew of new titles debuting in September, the start of the heavy Fall publishing months.
1. The Obama Diaries (Threshold Editions, $25)
By Laura Ingraham
2. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
3. War (Twelve, $26.99). By Sebastian Junger
4. More Davids Than Goliaths: A Political Education
(Crown, $25.99). By Harold Ford Jr.
5. Washington Rules: America's Path to Permanent War
(Metropolitan, $25). By Andrew J. Bacevich
6. Spoken from the Heart
(Scribner, $30). By Laura Bush
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending August 15 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2010 by Nielsen BookScan.