BOOK WORLD - November 7, 2010
Political titles didn't see sales quite as brisk this past week, as the list of 10 last week falls to nine this week ...
There are, though, two new additions --- pundit Glenn Beck's latest, excoriating a perceived lack of adherence to the Constitution in contemporary Amercian society ... and "American Freakshow" from Willie Geist, a humorous take on the political scene from the MSNBC host and commentator (perhaps the cable channel's answer to Jon Stewart and the Daily Show?).
1. Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure
(Threshold Editions, $29.99). By Glenn Beck
2. Obama's Wars
(Simon & Schuster, $30). By Bob Woodward
3. The Roots of Obama's Rage
(Regnery, $27.95). By Dinesh D'Souza
4. Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
(Morrow, $27.99). By Bill O'Reilly
5. Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future
(Knopf, $25). By Robert B. Reich
6. American Freak Show: The Completely Fabricated Stories of Our New National Treasures
(Hyperion, $23.99). By Willie Geist
7. Trickle Up Poverty: Stopping Obama's Attack on Our Borders, Economy, and Security
(Morrow, $26.99). By Michael Savage
8. Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power
(Random House, $28). By Robert D. Kaplan
9. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending October 31 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2010 by Nielsen BookScan.