BOOK WORLD - November 21, 2010
The streak of only nine hot poli/sci titles continues for a third week ...
The expected debut of George W. Bush's new memoir at the top spot, with no other real newcomers ... though Michael Lewis and the team of Johnson & Kwak have their books rejoin the list after many weeks. Likely thanks to the ever more controversial bank bailouts and TARP money, much in the news of late thanks to the midterm elections.
1. Decision Points (Crown, $35)
By George W. Bush
2. Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure
(Threshold Editions, $29.99). By Glenn Beck
3. Obama's Wars
(Simon & Schuster, $30). By Bob Woodward
4. Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
(Morrow, $27.99). By Bill O'Reilly
5. The Kennedy Detail: JFK's Secret Service Agents Break Their Silence
(Gallery, $28). By Gerald Baline with Lisa McCubbin
6. 13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown
(Pantheon, $26.95). By Simon Johnson & James Kwak
7. Winner-Take-All Politics: How Washington Made the Rich Richer--and Turned Its Back on the Middle Class
(Simon & Schuster, $27). By Jacob S. Hacker & Paul Pierson
8. Griftopia: Bubble Machines, Vampire Squids, and the Long Con That Is Breaking America
(Spiegel & Grau, $26). By Matt Taibbi
9. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending November 14 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2010 by Nielsen BookScan.