BOOK WORLD - December 26, 2010
Here are sales for the week up through "Super Saturday" (sales for the week before Christmas will come next weekend).
Much of the list is comprised of the usual suspects, alas, save for Bethany McLean and Joe Nocera's look at the origins of America's financial crisis ... which carries the whopping price tag of $32.95. Books are creeping up in price once more ...
Hope your holidays are fantastic!!
1. Decision Points (Crown, $35)
By George W. Bush
2. America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
(Harper, $25.99). By Sarah Palin
3. Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure
(Threshold Editions, $29.99). By Glenn Beck
4. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
5. Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
(Morrow, $27.99). By Bill O'Reilly
6. All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis
(Portfolio, $32.95). By Bethany McLean & Joe Nocera
7. Obama's Wars
(Simon & Schuster, $30). By Bob Woodward
8. Scorpions: The Battles and Triumphs of FDR's Great Supreme Court Justices
(Twelve, $30). By Noah Feldman
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending December 19 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2010 by Nielsen BookScan.