Posted at 4:30 PM ET, 12/ 3/2010

You want a piece of Glenn Beck?

By Stephen Lowman

broke.jpgRecently, a team of movers collected “2 truck loads of stuff” from Glenn Beck’s home. Now a website is auctioning off his goods to the highest bidders.

So was Beck hinting at the state of his personal finances when he titled his latest book “Broke”?

"As a recovering alcoholic, I know how to have a good time so my wife and I recently went through all of our stuff in storage,” Beck told Business Insider. “While it may seem like a simple thing, I've come to realize its important to take stock of our lives, especially during the holiday season, and clean out what just isn't necessary.”

So Beck isn’t strapped for cash. He says proceeds will go to a charity yet to be named. Each item comes with a “certificate of authenticity” that is signed by Beck himself.

What kind of “stuff” can you bid on? Here are some book-related items from the best-selling author’s home.

monet.jpgItem: Monet coffee table book
Condition: Great shape
Starting bid: $100

Who’d have thought that a guy who called the French people “surrender monkeys” and “non-deodorant America-haters” would appreciate the work of the famous impressionist painter?

fakebooks.jpgItem: Fake book secret boxes
Condition: Great shape
Starting bid: $125

Perhaps President Obama could hide his birth certificate in one of them?

table.jpg
Item:
Coffee table
Condition: Great shape
Starting bid: $2.00
Beck says: "This was our living room coffee table for the last few years. It has drawers on each side; we kept the kids toys in it. It’s fantastic. Warning: I think you can land a plane on it."

It’ll look even better with the Monet book displayed on it!

By Stephen Lowman  | December 3, 2010; 4:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Now Christine O'Donnell, author
Next: BOOK WORLD - December 5, 2010

Comments

No, thank you. I cannot afford to pay to have this stuff disinfected.

Posted by: Mighty7 | December 3, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Donate it, along with Beck's books, to GW Bush's Liberry of fiction, which is inappropriately located on the campus of a University. Would be more appropriate if relocated in Oklahoma.

Posted by: lufrank1 | December 3, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

Is that not one of the tackiest coffee tables ever seen?
Think of the rest of the house. What kind of 'decor' a Glenn Beck would have...

Posted by: whistling | December 3, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Why not do a story on how the overwrought religious extremist lies, seemingly in every single one of his broadcasts, and a fetish for Adolf Hitler and Nazis?

Oh, wait. That would be real news.

Posted by: 2229 | December 3, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

This would be like owning an STD, or a vial of anthrax stored in an oily rag. I'd be afraid of contacting whatever bacteria is growing on him in fears that it would make me as crazy as he is somehow.

Posted by: Nymous | December 3, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, I already have a "piece" of Glenn Beck. My black lab was kind enough to supply me with one out in the backyard.

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | December 3, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Carnival Huckster Glen Beck is at it again.

Posted by: SmallBusiness | December 3, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse

If you could buy this guy for what he is actually worth and sell him for what he and his cult think he is worth you would realize enough money to pay off the national debt and fund Social Security through 2050.

Posted by: WESHS49 | December 4, 2010 1:52 AM | Report abuse

I would like to have (for free, naturally) a book with Fluffy's picture on soft paper, so I can wipe my asset comfortably.

Posted by: analyst72 | December 4, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Some people are going to want to owe a piece of Glenn Beck when they realize how badly they have overpaid for the gold he is touting as a good investment. He is a degenerate preying on the most vulnerable and uninformed. He may not drink anymore but he's no recovering addict, he's just switched his addiction to money and ripping his fans off.

Posted by: newageblues | December 4, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Instead of the item can you please just send me a photo of the item being blown up in place? That's fine... then I'll send you a check.

Posted by: rbaldwin2 | December 4, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Greedy money grubber!

The idiots that buy his stuff deserve to go broke in the process.

Posted by: francinelast | December 4, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Well, by looking at most of the posts I realize this will fall on deaf ears/eyes but I'm really sick of folks putting down Glenn without a shred of evidence for their attacks. You may not like what he shares - like how our nation had it's first 7 black congessmen and the first black speaker of the house in the 1780's or how Rhode Island had given women the right to vote in 1776 - but how can so many people fall back on the baseless claim that he's a lier?? Personally what I've found is that folks that hate him have NEVER listened to him. PLEASE either bring a fraction of an ounce of substance to the table or realize you've become part of the herd that allows others to determine their opinions, thoughts and beliefs; you are beng used and manipulated.

Posted by: tohighdesertdave | December 4, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse