BOOK WORLD - January 16, 2011
Another short list this time around ...
What's interesting is who fell off --- Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Bob Woodward ... some rather big books. But then again, what many would consider some rather partisan titles, they too have a shelf life.
But joining the list is a reissue of President Ronald Reagan's 1991 memoir. This, and scores of other Reagan titles (at least three new photo-essay books, a new analysis of the assassination attempt, a memoir of the president by Ron Reagan Jr.) will hit stores over the next six months to mark the centennial of Reagan's birth.
1. Decision Points (Crown, $35)
By George W. Bush
2. All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis
(Portfolio, $32.95). By Bethany Mclean & Joe Nocera
3. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
4. An American Life: The Autobiography
(Simon & Schuster, $32). By Ronald Reagan
5. Scorpions: The Battles and Triumphs of FDR's Great Supreme Court Justices
(Twelve, $30). By Noah Feldman
6. Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure
(Threshold Editions, $29.99). By Glenn Beck
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending January 9, 2011 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2011 by Nielsen BookScan.
Posted by: thebobbob | January 15, 2011 4:27 PM | Report abuse