BOOK WORLD - January 2, 2011
Here are the top-selling political titles in the week leading up to Christmas. It's a relatively short list that leans toward the right a bit ... but then again, there haven't been any other new books in the genre to speak of for the past few months. The publisher of President Bush's memoir recently announed that sales had reached 2 million copies (and more if you count e-book sales), which helps explain why it's dominated the nonfiction lists for so many weeks.
The new year should bring an infusion of fresh books for the list ... we hope!
1. Decision Points (Crown, $35)
By George W. Bush
2. America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
(Harper, $25.99). By Sarah Palin
3. Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth and Treasure
(Threshold Editions, $29.99). By Glenn Beck
4. Pinheads and Patriots: Where You Stand in the Age of Obama
(Morrow, $27.99). By Bill O'Reilly
5. The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine
(Norton, $27.95). By Michael Lewis
6. Obama's Wars
(Simon & Schuster, $30). By Bob Woodward
7. All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis
(Portfolio, $32.95). By Bethany McLean & Joe Nocera
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending December 26 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2010 by Nielsen BookScan.