BOOK WORLD - February 6, 2011
Not quite a top 10 this week, alas, but here's what's selling well nevertheless ...
New debuts are George Friedman (he's the founder and CEO of the firm Stratfor, which complies and publishes geopolitical data) and his new book that looks ahead -- politically, socially, economically -- at the next ten years ... and McGregor's take on the very, well, cliquish Communist politicos in China and their grip on power.
1. The Next Decade: Where We've Been . . . and Where We're Going
(Doubleday, $27.95). By George Friedman
2. Decision Points (Crown, $35)
By George W. Bush
3. My Father at 100
(Viking, $25.95). By Ron Reagan
4. The Longest War: The Enduring Conflict between America and Al-Qaeda
(Free Press, $28). By Peter Bergen
5. All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis
(Portfolio, $32.95). By Bethany Mclean & Joe Nocera
6. An American Life: The Autobiography
(Simon & Schuster, $32). By Ronald Reagan
7. The Party: The Secret World of China's Communist Rulers
(Harper, $27.99). By Richard McGregor
Drawn from Book World's bestseller data supplied by Nielsen BookScan for the week ending January 30, 2011 (culled from the top 50 titles sold). The chart may not be reproduced without permission from Nielsen BookScan. Copyright © 2011 by Nielsen BookScan.