Special Classifieds Feature

Buy Washington Post Inauguration newspapers, books, and more

RECENT POSTS
READER PICKS
Let us know what you are reading. We'll post Reader Picks throughout the day.
RELATED LINKS
Blunder Box

Across this country, this is the agenda I've set before my fellow prisoners, and the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent."

John McCain at a campaign rally yesterday. TPMtv

By washingtonpost.com editors  |  October 9, 2008; 7:43 AM ET
Go to full archive for Blunder Box »

COMMENTS

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Seems pretty clear to me... clear that he's REALLY old.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 9:37 AM

It's not up to me to "judge" someone who has such a difficult time relating his feelings, desires and actions to the country and people that he actually wants to lead. So, I have but one alternative left, and that's to vote for someone that does!

Posted by: Anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:11 AM

I would like to address the following to the two previous comments. Just because someone acts as though he might be on the verge of an all out attack of alzheimers, does not mean he's not equipped to be the president of the USA!

Posted by: anonymous | October 9, 2008 10:17 AM

Well, at least he didn't whip out a can of spinach, squeeze it with one hand into his mouth, eat it in one bite then start throwing punches.

Now THAT is what I would have expected.

Posted by: McCain is Popeye | October 9, 2008 10:26 AM

"clarity and candor" Okay, what is the significance of the term "Songbird" ?

Posted by: webbiv | October 9, 2008 11:56 AM

That is some Freudian slip...

Posted by: Larisa, San Diego, CA | October 9, 2008 2:03 PM

I rate each presidential candidate with a suitability index. The index takes into account the candidate's ability to express himself with simple, declarative sentences, a minimum of weasel words, few outright mistakes/lies, and no bombast. George W. Bush's index was very low, and so I judged him unsuitable. Twice. I'd welcome most U.S. presidents to my table for dinner given that I could converse intelligently with that person for two hours or more. With George W. Bush, I envision a boring evening cracking open non-alcoholic beverages and watching baseball on the television. With John McCain, we could get him to come out of his shell by having him recount his adventures in the military and having him explain how he alone is competent to solve every problem now facing our country. I'd especially enjoy a detailed list of items on which his policy would differ from the policy of George W. Bush. Spending up. Deficit up. National debt up. War more. Tax reductions on the wealthy. Substantial tax on middle-class workers -- no change. Regulation: less is always better. Trust: billionaire tycoons. Bailout: at the ready whenever an upper class twit has run his company into the ground. Republicans like to advertise "John Smith: too Liberal for Ohio." I'd change it to "John McCain: too loopy for America."

Posted by: BlueTwo1 | October 9, 2008 2:56 PM