Tech Podcast
The Bloggers

Does Obama Use A Zune?

Maybe it only seems like we are living in an iPod world.

According to the Philadelphia City Paper, President Elect Barack Obama was spotted listening to a Zune music player during a morning workout this week.

If so, he could do for the oft-forgotten Zune, what Jackie Kennedy did for pillbox hats.

"I've seen a Zune in action. I know what it looks like," according to writer Neal Santos, who reports occupying the treadmill beside the President-Elect.

The paper filed a follow up, undoubtedly in response to the high interest, clarifying that it had not been confirmed that the Zune he was using was actually his own. Maybe, they speculated, it had been borrowed.

Anyone else ever seen the soon to be POTUS Zune-ing?

By Peter Whoriskey  |  December 4, 2008; 11:15 AM ET  | Category:  Peter Whoriskey
Previous: No More Facebook Friends for Ted Leonsis | Next: CSPAN: ESA Head Talks Shop

Add Post I.T. to Your Site
Get This Widget >>

Blogs That Reference This Entry

TrackBack URL for this entry:

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Who cares?

Posted by: tombest610 | December 4, 2008 2:27 PM

Sorry-
I am going to have to see a photo or film that clearly shows President Obama using a (filthy) ZUNE...

He has a Mac brain...why would one even touch an inferior product?

Posted by: kase | December 4, 2008 5:55 PM

Kase,
Anyone who evaluates the two products will clearly see the Zune is better. And before you start screaming from your Apple throne, I have owned 3 Ipods. So Obama has a Mac brain? I certainly hope not that would mean he is a person who buys into media hype, sits around in a coffee shop and plays with graphics and music on his MacBook all day :)

Posted by: kuruption_20877 | December 4, 2008 9:36 PM

According to another source, Microsoft donated Zunes to the bigwigs at the Democratic Convention. The donated Zunes sport a special logo. If President-elect Obama was using a Zune, that probably explains why. (Google for more information.)

It is known for certain that the Obamas have Macs.

Posted by: query0 | December 6, 2008 10:12 AM

I have to agree with the first poster. Who cares? They're cheap little devices and both do the job. I happen to like my Zune, but if you prefer an iPod, who cares?

Posted by: bmuller | December 8, 2008 1:23 PM