Four Tops Perform 'Baby I Need Your Loving'

Four Tops frontman Levi Stubbs, 72, died today at his home in Detroit. Here's a clip of the Motown quartet singing one of their biggest hits.

By Mike McPhate  |  October 17, 2008; 4:03 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pictures, Word and Music
Next: Only in Washington

Comments

Levi Stubbs, without question, one of the greatest lead singers EVER and a real class act!

RIP.

Posted by: ceefer66 | October 17, 2008 4:39 PM | Report abuse

I loved the Four Tops. They were such a class act. Levi Stubbs voice was so wonderful. I think they and the Temptations were the best groups of Motown. It just hasn't been the same since Levi left the group when he got sick. I saw them every time they came to Chicago during the 80's and 90's

Posted by: cathy amundsen | October 17, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Because the Four Tops maintained the integrity of their sound by staying together for over 40 years, Levi Stubb's powerful, passionate, and perfect pitched baritone is the sound of Motown. NO ONE was ever better.

Tears on my pillow, joy in my heart.

Posted by: kweli | October 17, 2008 5:37 PM | Report abuse

tears came to my eyes when i heard the death of levi, i still sing his song today,
rest in peace mr levi...

Posted by: george | October 17, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Always loved the Tops. Great songs. Class acts all the way around. Levi Stubbs had one of the great voices of all time. Gone, but never forgotten. Will always have a warm spot in my heart for these guys.

Posted by: AL | October 17, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

A one of a kind voice has been silenced, but thankfully the music will always live on. Thanks for all the wonderful music.

Posted by: Jim | October 17, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse