The Bloggers

Metro Crash Victim: Jeanice McMillan

Jeanice McMillan was confirmed among the casualties in yesterday's Metro accident. If you knew McMillan, who was the driver of the train that struck the other, we'd love to hear your anecdotes and memories.

The entry date of this post does not reflect when it was written. It was written Tuesday, June 23.

By Adam Bernstein |  June 17, 2009; 3:43 PM ET
Previous: Metro Crash Victims: David F. and Ann Wherley | Next: Metro Crash Victim: LaVonda "Nikki" King

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Rest in Peace Jeanice

Posted by: kreeggo | June 23, 2009 7:30 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Ms. McMillan as I was on my way to the pentagon one day. She is one Metro employee that I will never forget. She always had a kind word and a smile for everyone. I will always remember her as the lady with the perfect hairdo and the smile that would light up the darkest sky. Rest in Peace for you are with the Heavenly Father.

Posted by: monica_evans_642 | June 23, 2009 8:01 PM

To the Family...

May the confort of Friends and Family be your strength now and in the days ahead.

Just remember...God is with you and HE will not put no more on you than you can bear.

Sincerely,

Posted by: sbristow1 | June 24, 2009 7:59 AM

Jeanice used to drive the 7a bus from Park Center to Pentagon every morning. She always was on time, and had a smile. I am sad to hear it was her, as I remember her driving my route many mornings.

May her and the victims not die in vain, and may metro learn from the mistakes. Our city relies on this system heavily, and we all deserve the best safety possible.

Posted by: SA-Town | June 24, 2009 9:13 AM

To the family of Ms. Jeanice McMillan: We are all praying for you and care about the loss of Ms. McMillan. I pray you find peace in knowing that it "appears" Ms. McMillan may have lived her last minutes trying to save lives! She will always be remembered as a kind and caring "hero" to many.

Posted by: pndrvs4Obama | June 24, 2009 11:08 AM

As most, we were extremely saddened to hear of yesterday's WMATA Metrorail train accident. The Temple of Praise was further devastated to learn that one of our own, Ms. Jeanice McMillan, was the driver of the second train, and was killed as result of this tragedy.

Bishop Glen A. Staples and the Temple of Praise family extend heartfelt prayers, condolences and support to Ms. McMillan's family during this time. We also extend our hearts to every family affected by this incident. We do not always understand God's plan, but we must remember that His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are His ways, our ways. And while saddened, we yet rejoice that Ms. McMillan was saved and knew Jesus as her Lord and Savior.

Respectfully,

The Temple of Praise

Posted by: topfamily | June 24, 2009 11:58 AM

IT SEEMS THAT YOU DID WHAT YOU COULD TO LOVE, CARE FOR AND PROTECT YOUR PASSENGERS.

MAY GOD DO LIKEWISE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, CO-EMPLOYEES AND FRIENDS.

Posted by: brucerealtor@gmail.com | June 25, 2009 2:34 AM

Ms Jeanice you tried in vain to prevent this situation. Only God knows what you went through during that moment when you realized what was happening. I can only pray that you and your passengers did not suffer. Rest in peace knowing you did all you could to save your passengers. Many lives were saved that day by your quick thinking. God bless you and your family.

Posted by: enewton | June 25, 2009 10:52 AM

Ms. Jeanice, I didn't know you personally but I know god just received another angel in his kingdom. May you rest in peace.

Posted by: swinnielashawn@yahoo.com | June 25, 2009 3:39 PM