About not getting that swine flu vaccine...

So, remember last year when I said that I wasn't going to get the swine-flu vaccine? Remember the angst, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments that ensued on my Facebook page? My college classmate, Ingrid, wrote, "You don't like needles? Who does -- and how old are we again?....Quit rationalizing and man up."

Well, my good people, I did just that. With concern that there could be a third wave of swine flu infections and plenty of supplies available for all who want a dose, I got poked by Nurse Hoffman as HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius looked on.

By Jonathan Capehart  | February 24, 2010; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  Capehart  | Tags:  Jonathan Capehart
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Do you have the stones to curl?
Next: What today’s health-care summit can accomplish [updated]

Comments

Swine flu vaccine that is not guaranteed to work and the pharma companys that produce the vaccine are not held responsible for possible deadly adverse side effects!! No thanks, I'll take my chances without the vaccine!!!
www.AmericaWakeUpNow.net

Posted by: AMERICAWAKEUPNOW | February 24, 2010 10:58 PM | Report abuse

I got a flue 2 month ago.
Went to the doctor and it turned out it was H1N1.
Doctor checked my overall condition, got normal flue-treatment and that was it.
Take precaution for my wife, kids and people outside ( just stayed at home ) to not infect somebody else.
And that was it.
I DO NOT recommend that to people who are in otherwise bad health condition.

Posted by: mixedbreed | February 24, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

Last time I visited my sister, she and her boyfriend told me they would not be getting the H1N1 vaccine. Just after they said their neighbor, being treated for leukemia, had died of swine flu. I wondered which unvaccinated person had gotten infected with the H1N1 virus and passed it on to the neighbor. And was therefore responsible for his death.

When you get vaccinated with a safe and effective vaccine, you not only protect yourself, but others too. Especially those with debilitating diseases that make them unable to receive vaccines or render their immune system unable to respond to vaccines.

Posted by: vetp | February 25, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Kudos on owning up to the ill-advised nature of your original anti-vaccine post.

Posted by: Itzajob | February 25, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse