Lady Gaga or Congress? The myth of approval ratings

By Alexandra Petri

Only 11 percent of people have "a great deal" or "a lot" of confidence in Congress.

Let's put that in perspective: More people approve of the way BP is handling the oil spill. Barely more, but that’s still saying something. If Congress wandered down to the Gulf of Mexico and said, “BP, go home. We’re going to take care of this,” some residents presumably would run out and try to stop them. “You are the only people who could make this worse,” they would shout. “Shoo! Shoo!”

That's not all. According to the International Foundation for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, more people have irritable bowel syndromethan put their confidence in Congress. I bet if a poll asked how people felt about it, it would rank better too. After all, it only irritates 10 to 15% of the population at a given time, while Congress irritates everyone all the time.

In fact, pretty much anything you ask the public about ranks better than Congress. When the Nielsen pollsters wanted to know whether people “planned on going out to restaurants more when the economy improved,” more said yes than would have said they had great faith in Congress. A Harris poll found that more people (21 percent) “admitted to accidentally losing or destroying important paper-based documents” than strongly approve of Congress. Of course, to some people, Congress’s behavior towards the Constitution consists of losing or destroying an important paper-based document, so maybe that helps to account for the statistic. But still, it’s staggering.

A Fox News poll in 2004 found that more than 60 percent of people believe in Satan -- almost 6 times the number that have faith in Congress. This is almost like the remark Churchill made about how, if Hitler invaded Hell, he would make a favorable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons. Then again, 14 percent of people seem to think Obama is the Antichrist, so maybe they got confused.

It goes without saying, but more people approve of Betty White (76 percent) than Congress. But when more people (12 percent) view Lindsay Lohan favorably, that starts to be trouble. Lindsay Lohan is in jail, contributing to prison overcrowding and news overcrowding, and someone just tore out her hair extensions. And, yet, more people like her than have confidence in our nation's highest legislative body.

A full 24 percent of us approve of Lady Gaga. This is surprisingly low, I guess because we distrust hereditary titles such as "lady" when coupled with names we would call our grandparents, but it still beats Congress.

And when they checked in February, more people (38 percent) approved of George W. Bush.

But -- the most telling statistic of all -- more people didn’t vote at all than approve of Congress. Only 56.8 percent of eligible Americans voted in the last election -- and it was really exciting, with Barack Obama and Sarah Palin and all kinds of colorful individuals running amok. That was a presidential year! Usually, the turnout isn’t more than 37 or 38 percent for a so-called “off year,” like the one we have coming up.

So before we start complaining, we need to start voting. Do we not realize that we’re ultimately responsible for picking the people who represent us? Maybe we’d like Congress better if we put more effort into selecting it.

Then again, maybe not.

The more I read, the more I realized that the things we Americans most strongly approve of are, well, stupid. We are, after all, the people who popularized those "Billy Bass" singing fish. We thought it was a good idea to name our babies Jacob and Isabella after the "Twilight" protagonists. In 2006, more than 1/3 of us said we thought 9/11 was some sort of government conspiracy. In 2004, 34 percent of us told the Opinion Dynamics Corporation that we believed in aliens and ghosts. I don’t believe in aliens, although I do approve of the job they’re doing -- the reverse of my stance on God -- but I can’t imagine them running our government. Maybe we're better off with some of our opinions unexpressed.

Then again, why listen to me? The only people consistently less popular than Congress are reporters.

By Alexandra Petri  | July 23, 2010; 2:46 PM ET
Categories:  Petri  | Tags:  Alexandra Petri
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday political opinions quiz
Next: Obama: send Biden to Beck

Comments

The Washington Post is giving me a forum to post an information about another famous paper, which is the Chicago Tribune... and an extraordinary event which will affect people who are steeped in deep-held belief and faith in the heavenly grace, governing events on earth below and above, in the Beyond.

Let's be more concrete now...
Obama got the lottery draw of 666 in his victory edition. I bought it to get the scans of Page 1 and 2 of the Chicago Tribune.
See it here:

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 23, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Opinion polls are worthless? Of course, they are. HL Mencken said as much about the opinion of the American public, many years ago. If you are looking for good judgment, don't look at the public.

Posted by: samsara15 | July 23, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse

"The more I read, the more I realized that the things we Americans most strongly approve of are, well, stupid."
=================

Back up. You just called Betty White stupid.

Posted by: dkp01 | July 23, 2010 10:41 PM | Report abuse

Everybody read me right ?
The 14 % in this article by Alexandra Petri, who say they think Obama IS or MIGHT BE the Antichrist are proven right.

The reputable Chicago Tribune printed the Lottery draw, as did all Illinois newspapers,(Michigan - Indiana and Wisconsin too) which all have the Lottery draw of Illinois in them.
It drew # 666... and it was the same day as Obama's victory front page news. The doubly cursing thing was it was back-to-back to Obama's front page headlines, making Obama just about "seared red" by the omen.

If you doubt this just make the effort to verify. That's easy. Just Google the URL I gave above. Geir Smith.

The 14% of this article in the Washington Post is thus verified by the Chicago Tribune so that 14% i.e. just about 50 million, are right in saying Obama is the Antichrist.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

GeirSmith, Oops....*Psssssttt*.....your tin foil hat is leaking again.....

Posted by: swatkins1 | July 24, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

swatkins1, I doubt you clicked the links to the Chicago Tribune, which shows the lottery draw of 666 back-to-back with Obama victory cover.
FAIL.
The Lottery sections of the newspapers coast to coast that carried the Lottery draws of Illinois' Lottery all have the # 666 in Obama's special edition of Nov. 6. 2008.
Send me the scans of the lottery pages and front page covers.
I'll make new videos of that.
This is big news and will raise people up to fight for Truth and become the warriors of the Apocalypse and messengers of the Revelation. Yeh.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Oh boy, numerology, Satan, and Obama. Apparently 14% of the population, GeirSmith included, are certifiably insane, or at best have the thinking skills of a six-year old. Time to confiscate the Kool-Aid.

Posted by: lingeringvoid | July 24, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

The Chicago Tribune printed the Lottery draw back-to-back with Obama's victory headlines. He's marked by the number 666, which is the Bible's Mark of the Beast.
I'll send the URL so that false christs and false prophets who spew lies will keep quiet.

Pass this on and find new scans of draws in newspapers nationwide that carry the Illinois Lottery result, dating from that same day: 11/05/2008

I'll make videos, articles of that.

The news of this photo is important and makes it imperative to reveal Obama non-stop, everywhere.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

WOW ! What a dork, I botched that date there.

The newspapers we need scans of are 11/06/2008

Any papers nationwide that carry the Illinois Lottery.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Just to humor myself, I did look back.

The Illinois lottery did have the number 6-6-6 on the Evening pick 3, but on November 5th, 2008. Obama won the election on November 4th, 2008; newspapers printed the results the morning of November 5th.

6-6-6 also shows up on 11/26/2008, 10/23/2008, 7/5/2008, 3/22/2008, 1/16/2008 all the way to 7/9/1980... It's 3 numbers, picked three times a day. 6-6-6 is going to show up every so often.

Posted by: Joran | July 24, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Joran, thanks if you send me the newspapers' scans of the covers and Lottery draws pages of all US newspapers of 11/06/2008 which cover Illinois' Lottery.

No one is interested in the lottery - it's just a medium heaven uses to defeat the Antichrist Obama.
We give a fig if the lottery draws 666 or 777 or 888 or whatever.
We don't give a flying forke.

Heaven speaks through any way it chooses.
In the Bible heaven speaks through a burning bush, a rod, a flowering rod, an ass.
It's not the means - it's the message.
What's the message ?
It's that the Mark of the Beast is money (Lottery) and that this is what Antichrist Satan-Obama uses to destroy the world.
By flooding the world with the biggest spending of any US president in history, he's bankrupting the USA for all time, making people into slaves to their dept. That's Obama's triumph: which is inflict durable, eternal damnation on everybody in the world.
This is achieved by running the US into eternal debt and one that's impossible to reverse from.
This is the Apocalypse and everybody will be thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur of the Bible after the Rapture, a suspended state to live in, before the eternal hell awaiting them.
This is the End Times.
The Day of Last Judgement is now. Spread this so that all know about this.
We will be saved by spreading this message.
Only 144 000 will be saved and those are the ones who spread this fast.

Those who knowingly followed the Antichrist like bleeting sheep and zombies will burn along with all the rest without exception. No one will be saved save the people spreading this message so as to save people ! Spread this now.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

The basic problem with polls is that they don't ask "why" to the "what."

Posted by: thehomelessguy | July 24, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

The basic problem with polls is that they don't ask "why" to the "what."

Posted by: thehomelessguy | July 24, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

the homelessguy, If you're addressing a subliminal message indirectly to me asking "Why Obama is the Antichrist ?" well I'll tell you I can't explain it.
In the Bible it says he's a "Great Deceiver" and a "False Prophet".
So the Obama we see, is all lies and deceit.
He can be the best man in the world seeing he's a con-artist.
Like a famous actor who's the world's favorite man, can actually be a mad crazy in his private life and totally opposite to what he shows others as himself.
His real personality is totally different.
I can't say who Obama the Antichrist is.
All I know is we must check, examine and scrutinize.
In this I'm aligned with the American founder Thomas Jefferson who said "Any citizen who doesn't criticize the POTUS is a traitor."
I refuse to accept the show Obama puts on and I scrape the outer paint to see what's underneath.
People who say I'm not right and am a bad citizen are traitors and they should be arrested for obstructing demoncratic exercize of liberty.
Jefferson got the felon arrested who had voted in a law that prevented from criticizing the Potus. He had them executed.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 24, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

People have a lower opinion of reporters than Congress? What a hatchet job the right wing has done on reporters - along with the hatchet job on the federal government. To me the media is the only thing keeping politicians, business, etc., honest. For example, just look at the information they are bringing us today about the skirting of safety features on board the rig in the Gulf.

Posted by: cmckeonjr | July 24, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I should have clicked through the link to the story about reporters before I posted:

"Forty-three percent (43%) of Americans have a favorable opinion of journalists, while 54% view them unfavorably. Adults rank them fifth out of a list of nine professions that Rasmussen Reports periodically surveys on. Being a member of Congress is the least respected job."

Posted by: cmckeonjr | July 24, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Amid the farrago of references gleams one gem. Failing to approve of Lady Gaga is beneath contempt. 76% of Americans are scoundrels.

Posted by: Martial | July 24, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

"""" The Lottery draw 666 is back-to-back with Obama's winner's front-cover page, as if searing the Mark of the Beast 666 (Obama's money - don't touch it) into his Beast's HIDE. """"

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 23, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------

You need help, you are mentally ill.

Same goes for most republicans.

Posted by: Supertzar | July 25, 2010 3:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 23, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------

You need help, you are mentally ill.

Same goes for most republicans.

Posted by: Supertzar | July 25, 2010 3:53 AM | Report abuse

Look. Media polls are virtually worthless, meaningless and so programmed to ask negative questions that any result you get is likely to be a warped misrepresentation of how things really are. For example, "who" is Congress anyway? It is us. We put those people in there. These polls are like saying the vast majority of voters disapprove of themselves. It is all just a silly zero sum game for all of the childish partisans out there who haven't the slightest idea themselves of how to solve any of our problems but simply want to choose up sides and be on the winning team.

Little wonder that the rest of the world is moving ahead of us.

Posted by: jaxas70 | July 25, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

My reaction to Geir Smith's ridiculous "666" implications concerning Obama being the "Beast" is: Where in the world did you get your education? One of those dumbo revival tents where people throw up their arms and speak in tounges?

Is it any wonder that America is declining in every single metric that marks a civilized, enlightened society?

Posted by: jaxas70 | July 25, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

supertzar and jaxas70, you guys don't hold back your cr*p really. First you come saying I'm mentally ill and then uneducated.
Those are 2 different things so you've really barred no holds.
I feel ashamed for the Chicago Tribune because I merely made an article where I showed the photos of the Lottery draw page printed by the Tribune.
Can I ask you ? When your husband or wife gives you the Lottery draw he/she reads in the paper do you also insult him/her with calls of "crazy" and "uncouth" ?
I merely give the lottery number on Obama's victory-day and get given the finger by you people.
First of all, I want to say that I'm highly educated and did 28 years of post-university research upon the deity Kalachakra of Tibetan Tantric Buddhism the world's highest form of culture as it has Tantra, Mantra, Yoga and philosophy which none other have. I also speak Tibetan fluently and translate it; so coming from you, being uneducated's a compliment and thank you for it.

Now that being said, I'd also like, secondly to say this as well: insults and smears about me being Republican (which I am not, I'm a religious and don't involve in any kind of politics just prophecy... my Kalachakra creed also has a Buddhist Apocalypse which is identical with the Christian Apocalypse in all respects.)...are dishonest and undeserved insults..

..furthermore you both seem to think that saying the truth about the president is not right...that's c*ap. I've had people threaten me with reporting me to the FBI for saying that Obama isn't American, has frauded Social Security etc... not to speak of the poem "Pop" which speaks of amber stains on his shorts which "Pop" makes him smell of his smell coming from "me"(Obama). It's gross and pedofile and abominable. He does explain that "Pop" is family, ("we have the same ears, the same nose..."). It's the grossest thing I've ever read. It's abominable. Obama had the gall to publish it, which shows what kind of a perverted soul he is deep inside.

Well, I have news for you folks. Saying the full truth and revealing it is the American Way, upheld by no less a luminary than Thomas Jefferson in person. Covering up the Truth is UnAmerican.
You can Google Jefferson on this quote: "Any citizen who does not criticize the POTUS (POTUS means US president for those who don't know it.) are traitors."
So covering up any truth about so-called President Obama (He's certainly not president until he presents a birth certificate and what his name is only he and maybe his mother know. His mother is certainly not Stanley Dunham, rather his sister.)
Obama must be unmasked and Thomas Jefferson said that all those who don't do so are traitors.
I say that they're supporting the Antichrist. The Apocalypse will waste them; not a physical fate but the spirit's fate of Rapture which the Bible speaks of. Whoosh c*ap !

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 25, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Numerological wackiness aside, and with all due respect to our journalist, Ms Petri...

When 11% of a polling sample say they don't approve of Congress, and 13% of a different polling sample say they approve of BP's handling of the oil spill, that doesn't imply anything in terms of a connection (correlation) between the two.

For instance, you didn't say that Lady Gaga should be put in charge of the cleanup (given her 24% "approval rating"), since you--at least unconsciously--recognized that noting you "approve" of Lady Gaga isn't the same as saying you'd like her to run FEMA, take over Gen Petraeus' job, or send us to the moon and Mars by 2025.

A couple of basic statistics courses will have you back on track, Alexandra. Then you can come back and call Americans "stupid" at your leisure.

Posted by: cynicalidealist | July 25, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Apologies, that's "approve of Congress" rather than "don't approve of Congress" in the comment above...

Posted by: cynicalidealist | July 25, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

666 is not numerology, I don't know what numerology means.
It's a number taken from the Bible.
Like any old number you try to find...
Just like seeing a car licence-plate.
You don't need to do numerology to read a licence plate.
Obama's got 666 stuck on his behind.
That means he's the Antichrist.
Einstein could figure this one out. Why can't you ?
If you can't figure this one out, then I don't think there's any hope for you.
If you get it, good !

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 25, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

to all,

i could NOT care LESS about the NONSENSE about "666"/the Anti-Christ/etc.
(sorry, but i think such things are SILLY/foolish, in the extreme.)

what is important is that we are burdoned as Americans with BHO (a cheap, scheming, KNOWING LIAR) as POTUS, "Poor Joe" Biden (who is outright/pitifully STUPID.) as VPOTUS, "Princess" Pelosi as Speaker of the HoR & Harry Reid as Majority Leader of the US Senate.

that might all be somewhat tolerable IF we did NOT have a main-SLIME PRESS that will HAPPILY/SLAVISHLY cover up for their DISHONESTY, MEANNESS, ARROGANT STUPIDITY & IGNORANCE, for leftist political partisan advantage.

that's the main reason why MANY millions of "ordinary Americans" are/i am a member(s) in goodstanding of the national TEA PARTY.

we simply want EVERY one of them G-O-N-E-, GONE from national politics AND a "citizen's Congress" to replace the current House/Senate, for the GOOD of this Republic.

fwiw, i do NOT believe that BHO/"Poor Joe" have a PRAYER of re-election in 2012.
(i'm not even sure that BHO can win the DIMocRATS primary!)

yours, TN46
Coordinator, CCTPP

Posted by: texasnative46 | July 25, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

14% think Obama is or may be the Antichrist, that's 50 million people.

Now the newspapers nationwide who carry the Lottery draw of Illinois (most of the big papers do and the special lottery betting-papers too) all from the 11/06/2008 issue have the Mark of the Beast 666 printed in them, so those are collector items.

Send me the scans I'll spread them via videos and articles in the Internet media.
The millions and tens of millions who believe in the heavenly WAYS, gather and let's get Obama arrested. Picket the White House with "Obama Antichrist" signs. He can't stand up to heaven and it's mysteries. We need one good judge who has faith and Obama will be booked immediately.

He's got the nuclear codes and that's not a position you can hold without a birth certificate and the duty of the ARMY is to arrest him without delay. His is HIGH TREASON and the worst crime of all Humanity's History.

Hitler, Staline and Mongol Genghis Khan never had the atom bombs. Obama can blow us up 1000 times in an eye-wink. The Army has rules for the theft of the bombs.
I think the court-martial for spies who steal the bombs ("spy" ...he's not American IS HE ?) is the death sentence, so please check that for me because I don't know.

The SCOTUS (Supreme Court) must rule if exceptional justice measures applies here or not.

Obama has the power of life and death over me, you and us all. We have no idea who this man is. And he prevents us from investigating him. He's gotten our hands tied so he can punch us in the face and we can't fight back. Bad.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 25, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Goodness, Geir, you math skills are impressive, 14% of America is 50 million raving lunatics.
Read the rest of Revelations and then take a long nap, you seem like you could use it.

texasnative46 opines
i could NOT care LESS about the NONSENSE about "666"/the Anti-Christ/etc.
(sorry, but i think such things are SILLY/foolish, in the extreme.)

They are your fellow travelers in this passion play, goober. Without them you're less 30% of the country, you better be nice to the crazies people or they are going to pick somebody else to be the ant-Christ (Newt Perhaps???) and then where will your "Ditch the Dusky President" campaign be? Other than on Fox 24/7, of course...

Posted by: dijetlau | July 26, 2010 12:39 AM | Report abuse

Geir your so cute with your god and your antichrist. Dont stop believing!

Posted by: plasma411 | July 26, 2010 3:09 AM | Report abuse

Of the 14% who think Obama is the AntiChrist, 99% are leg-pullers. Pollsters are professionally unable to challenge them, so they give outrageous answers to straight questions.

Posted by: vinyl1 | July 26, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse

dijetlau;all,

to ALL: it is hate-FILLED, SELF-important, terminally ignorant, semi-literate,extremists like "dijetlau" who will ASSURE that the DIMocRATS will become the PERMANENT MINORITY party, starting in about 100 days. = the "lunatic fringe's" constant FALSE "playing of the race-card" makes the entire party look IGNORANT of basic facts of life, SILLY, filled with HATE, EMPTY-headed & foolish. - the vast majority of voters are simply UNwilling to trust the future of the USA any longer to:
1. a "bunch of lunatics" & LEFTIST political extemists,
2.cheap, scheming shyster lawyers,
3. a pack of race-baiters
and
4. all too many office-holders & appointed bureaucrats, who are nothing but common criminals.

to "dijetlau": the more i learn about DIMocRAT extremists the better i like slugs, scorpions, venomous spiders & poisonous snakes. = this means DIMocRAT HATERS like YOU.
are you really so divorced from the REALITY that normal people perceive that you think that everyone, who dislikes the MESS that BHO & his DIMocRAT party has made of the economy, is "racist"? ====> if so, i PITY you as "mentally challenged". if you are NOT that "unbalanced", you are simply a BIGOT, who is NO better than a stinking KLANSMAN!

fwiw, this "goober" is (based solely upon your STUPID, PREJUDICED, posts) is about 10 times as intelligent as you are.
(one of the things that i find least acceptable about DIMocRATS is your party's constant "name-calling" and FALSE playing of "the race card". = in my particuliar case, it makes you look REALLY STUPID & CLUELESS, as many posters here on "WP/PP" not only know who i am "in real life" but also know that i'm NOT "a white person".)
LAUGHING AT YOU, BIGOT!

yours, TN46
coordinator, CCTPP

Posted by: texasnative46 | July 26, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

To "talk through one's hat" means to talk nonsense or to bluff (to blave?). The average person expressing an opinion falls mighty close to that definition. People often hold contradictory viewpoints and yet find little that disturbs them in what is in their own heads. I find that alarming, but based on thousands of conversations with thousands of people, there is a lot of "unofficial" knowledge - factoids and myths interspersed with actual information.

Further, we don't analyze well. Looking at information and drawing supported conclusions and predictions is not one of Americans' strong suits. For example: on a show a few weeks ago, an "expert" was asked that the next commodity bubble could be. The expert answered that "we won't know that until the bubble burst." Um, doesn't anyone notice that gold has been trading at ~ $1200/ troy ounce for quite a few months. We don't ask why or if there is a sustainable model there.

"Fools to dusty death" was Shakespeare's assessment. Polls tell us much and very little. They tell us a lot about "popular" sentiment, but they tell us a lot less about what wisdom points us toward. That a lot of people disapprove of Pres. Obama could tell us that Pres. Obama cannot currently please a lot of people. Can it tell us what Pres. Obama (or any other President) could/should do differently or better? No. So maybe, rather than taking and publishing a poll or two every week, people should get off their butts and look for things that are wrong nearby and doing something about them. But that would take analysis, wouldn't it?

Posted by: Jazzman7 | July 26, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

dijetlau, I gave the Chicago Trib link to the photos of the Lottery draw 666 on Page 2 of Obama's victory front page.
If you don't have eyes to see, then I can do nothing.

The Bible says the whole world will be thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur of the Apocalypse when the Revelation of the Antichrist is made and unveiled to the whole world (excepting 144 000, the messengers of the Apocalypse...so go and spread this like lightning).
It's happening because the article I sent the link to is taking off with more than 200 views/day now and rising.
People are awakening to this.
I put an extra note at the end telling them to go and spread the news on Google News articles and I link to the search-page when you punch in "Obama Birth Certificate".
That's hundreds of articles less than a week old and trusting the figures I see on the link I sent here, well that's several hundred people viewing that each day... who may become/become potentially spreading this news like lightning.

From the rapid rise of the viewership today, I see that the news of the Chicago Tribune photo is taken seriously and as important !
It's spreading now.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 26, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

I didn't think Obama was the Antichrist;
I just opposed him because I've seen what Muslims do.
But when I saw the number of the Lottery of 666 I cracked, and now I've gone out of my way to get the newspaper scans, so all doubt's now removed for good.

Posted by: GeirSmith | July 26, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

So Petri, between you being a journalist and your dad being a Congressman, you're still not as popular as Lady Gaga? Shucks.

Posted by: jeffwacker | July 27, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse