Miley, Meet Hannah Non-tana

As I mentioned in my piece on last night's Hannah Montana/Miley Tinnitus hootenanny, the strangest thing happened during the show: The young star left the Verizon Center stage mid-song and was immediately replaced by a body double, who pretended to sing the rest of "We Got the Party" - just as Hannah/Miley appeared to have done. (Lots and lots of lip-syncing last night. Shocking, I know.)

OK! Magazine published a piece on the body-double bit yesterday, and What Would Tyler Durden Do? followed with YouTube video link. (Though WWTDD noted: "I never actually got to the part where they trade out Hannah Montanas. I watched about 30 seconds of this video then realized what I was doing and stopped. You can watch it if you want, or you could do what I did, and instead stare at a blank piece of navy blue construction paper for a few hours. It's roughly 8,459,002 times more exciting.")

If you don't have any blue construction paper on hand, here's a shorter version of the video that focuses on the switcheroo. You might want to watch with the sound off, lest your friends/colleagues/significant others/cats think you're suddenly in the tank for some tweenage singer.

By J. Freedom du Lac |  January 8, 2008; 12:01 PM ET Fakery
Previous: One Last Look at 2007 | Next: I've Had "Addicted to Love" Stuck In My Head For Three Straight Weeks

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Heh. That's rather amusing. I particularly like the James Brownishness of the black cape being visibly thrown over her as she's about to disappear. I'm assuming this is a normal part of the show?

Posted by: 23112 | January 8, 2008 12:29 PM

This is hardly worth making an issue over. The body double gives Miley time to transition from Hannah to Miley. The double is clearly unconvincing but it's part of the show's conceit that she's performing as both.

Is that really too hard for you to understand? I don't have daughters and even I get it.

Posted by: cab91 | January 8, 2008 1:10 PM

bedtime?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 8, 2008 2:48 PM

What is the big deal???? Is just a show. I love Hanna Montana and Miley C., but I'm not ungry or mad because of this... is just something she/they need to do... People every time find something to be upset of.... don't waste your time and enjoy the show!!!

Posted by: Vero | January 11, 2008 3:31 PM

I took my 9 year-old daughter to this show, her first concert (pales in comparison to mine, AC/DC's Back In Black show at the Cap Centre, but hey I had 6 years on her). To this body-double hooha, I say "so what?" IT'S A SHOW AIMED AT 10 YEAR OLDS, PEOPLE! Don't know if my daughter even noticed, if she did and didn't say anything it's because she thought it was cool, part of the show, both, whatever. I just don't get the big deal. It's not like when ZZ Top played with backing tracks on the Eliminator tour. Now THAT was ridiculous...

Posted by: Slick Willie | January 11, 2008 11:45 PM

Ya! People get over it! Ur babing ur daughters to much! Its not like they noticed!!!!!

Posted by: Weenut | January 13, 2008 10:23 PM

hi hannah are you related to Brianna Jean Rose Preston

Posted by: Brianna | January 19, 2008 10:28 PM

People are just looking for reasons to bash on celebs, but it's a little redic if you ask me. I'm sure this is not the first time a celebrity has done this and besides WHO CARES she is alot more talented than a lot of you out there. If your a true Miley Cyrus fan then you wouldn't care and those of you who are not fans why the hell are you even taking the time to watch this video and comment.

Posted by: Katie | February 2, 2008 10:21 AM

I don't know. I paid big bucks to take my daughter and her friends. I think we should at least hear her sing much less from a double that also gives us the lip.

Posted by: sfinn | April 23, 2008 11:17 PM