Janet Jackson: She's Baaaaack*

(* Or plans to be, anyway.)

Many questions coming in regarding the status of Janet Jackson's show at the Verizon Center tonight. As they should be, given that Janet (Miss No-Show, if you're nasty) has postponed nine consecutive concerts - and also pushed back an upcoming show at Madison Square Garden.

Well, the word just came in that tonight's concert is, indeed, on.

Here's the release, which finally offers an explanation about what, exactly, has been ailing the 42-year-old singer:

Over the last two weeks, Janet Jackson has had to cancel a number of dates on her "Rock Witchu" tour due to medical reasons. After a thorough medical evaluation, it has been confirmed that Janet's symptoms are being caused by a rare form of migraine called vestibular migraine or migraine-associated vertigo for which she is currently receiving treatment.

"Janet wanted very much to resume her tour so as not to disappoint her fans, but she continued to suffer from vertigo and could not perform," stated Janet's manager Kenneth Crear. "She's a world-class entertainer and needs to be at the top of her game to give her fans the show they expect. She's feeling much better and is ready to hit the road again to finish the tour."

Janet's Rock Witchu Tour will resume tonight, October 15, 2008 at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. at 7:30 p.m.

By J. Freedom du Lac |  October 15, 2008; 10:37 AM ET Concerts , Janet Jackson
Previous: Six Questions For ... Ne-Yo | Next: Live Last Night, On TV - Episode 6

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

woohoo!! go Janet!! can't wait to see you back on the road!

Posted by: DaveB | October 15, 2008 10:46 AM

I am so happy because I can not wait to see her in Dallas. I was praying she would get better. I love her!!

Posted by: MAP | October 15, 2008 11:23 AM

I AM SO GLAD THAT MISS JACKSON IS BETTER THE LORD ANSWERS PRAYERS; I HEARD HER MESSAGE TO THE FANS ABOUT NOT BELIEVING THE RUMORS ABOUT HER TOUR BEING POST PONED! AND THEN THEY STARTED LYING ABOUT THE TICKET SALES, AND WE KNOW FOR A FACT JANET SHOWS HAVE SOLD OUT!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE HER IN ATLANTA ON SUNDAY, SHE IS THE BEST AND THE "GREATEST PERFORMER OF ALL TIMES"

Posted by: Britney | October 15, 2008 11:54 AM

People can be so freakin' cruel man... she's gives the best show on earth and isn't allowed to be human. shows the world we live in. can't wait to see you Friday night in NYC Janet. You're the ultimate entertainer and God bless U!

Posted by: rj | October 15, 2008 12:14 PM

Janet YES!! Soo So happy to hear her voice on Saynow! Good for her letting the people and fans know not to believe all the negativity! Seems since the superbowl people are quick to try and write her off! Stay strong Janet the fans really love you! I know I do! PLEASE BRING THE TOUR TO MPLS, MN!

Posted by: trish | October 15, 2008 12:15 PM

Very happy to hear you're able to go back to work. I have some of the symptoms of virtigo, ever since I got a real bad ear ache as an adult. So for me it's important that I keep busy. Good luck on being Baaaaack.

Posted by: Sal | October 15, 2008 12:40 PM

I am so happy that she is better I have been trying to get tickets to one of her concerts for years and now that I have them I was worried that she would cancel her New Jersey Stops. WELCOME BACK JANET "ROCK WITCHU" You ROCK Janet!!!!!!

Posted by: Rich | October 15, 2008 12:57 PM

I was one of the lucky one to see Janet’s Rock Witchu Tour in Chicago. She does not disappoint. I have seen her every time in concert and I'm so happy for her and the fans that will get to see her perform. No one messes with my girl!!!

Posted by: JC in Chicago | October 15, 2008 1:04 PM

Janet Jackson showed her boobie on the TV.

Posted by: Gary | October 15, 2008 1:05 PM

Sooooooo glad that you're better Miss Jackson and we are so looking forward to seeing you tonight at the Verizon Center. I saw you twice in my life, once in North Carolina and the other in Hampton ,Va. You worked it both times and I know you will do it again tonight.

Love You Much,

Posted by: Anonymous | October 15, 2008 1:13 PM

Fantastic! I cannot wait until tonight. :-)

Posted by: Me | October 15, 2008 2:16 PM

Janet Jackson showed her boobie on the TV.

Posted by: Gary | October 15, 2008 2:16 PM

love you
Janet!!!

Posted by: Greico | October 15, 2008 6:06 PM

I thank GOD for bring her out of this, I have prayed every night, not just to see her in dallas, but for just her safety, Janet is HOT The best and always will be

Posted by: LaMond Janet's biggest fan | October 15, 2008 11:20 PM

Interesting, I had diagnosed her with Poor Ticket Sales complicated by symptoms of Terminally Diminished Relevance. Perhaps she should seek a second opinion.
BURN!!!

Posted by: mikef | October 16, 2008 8:44 AM

very disappointed our concert was cancelled, but glad she's in good health.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 16, 2008 12:35 PM

Why do you morans always have to throw in your tasteless comments???!!! Janet is human like the rest of us and gets sick...even morans like you get sick.

Posted by: Darrell | October 16, 2008 12:45 PM

Awesome news!

Posted by: dee | October 16, 2008 1:23 PM

I love you Janet and can not wait to see you tomorrow in ATL.
Your Fan for Life!!!

Posted by: Tan | October 18, 2008 11:09 AM

Janet gave an awesome show at Verizon Center in Washington DC. I expected some good and got something great. It was time and money well spent. It took my mind off all of the other problems in the world. Go Janet.

Posted by: Laura | October 21, 2008 10:33 AM

Janet!!! Thats baby gurl right there...love you Janny Pooch...will always love and respect Miss Janet cuz she is a Legend and overall Innovator and Mentor to many...Jan keep doing yo thang!

You will always have love and Support from me no matter what.

When storms hit, superficial fans choose to turn away but the REAL MATURE Supporters will always stay!

Never give up and as always...Keep it positive.

ShayWood