On Twitter: JoshBarr and AllMetSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

Montrose-T.C. Williams Game Is Postponed

Saturday's game between No. 1 Montrose Christian and No. 3 T.C. Williams has been postponed after a Montrose eighth-grader collapsed and died during basketball practice on Thursday.

School chaplain Chris Adams said the 13-year-old Carson Wise was a member of the school's eighth-grade basketball team. The team was practicing Thursday when Wise collapsed. CPR was unsuccessful and Wise was pronounced dead on arrival at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, according to a school statement. The statement said that doctors told the Wise family that Carson had an undiagnosed heart condition.

Montrose Christian cancelled all school activities until Monday.

There is no word on whether the game will be rescheduled.

By Josh Barr  | January 26, 2007; 12:45 PM ET
Categories:  Basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Five for the Weekend
Next: More For Monday

Comments

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "undiagnosed" heart condition?

Posted by: Anonymous | January 26, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Sorry to hear about this. If the family of carson ever reads this, i apologize for your lost.

Posted by: Anonymous | January 26, 2007 2:18 PM | Report abuse

yes. thanks for the correction. it was undiagnosed.

Posted by: josh barr | January 26, 2007 4:28 PM | Report abuse

To the Wise Family; our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your Family. You have a lot of support from your Delaware Family. God Bless!

Posted by: James.J | January 30, 2007 9:41 PM | Report abuse

I am one of carson's best friends and i just want to say that carson had the biggest heart and we will miss him and my life will never be the same>

Posted by: meghann | February 1, 2007 9:27 PM | Report abuse

i cant believe it, carson was awesome

Posted by: ea | February 5, 2007 7:11 PM | Report abuse

I never knew this kid but its sad to hear that someone that young has to die. I've been through some tough times and I just hope that the friends and family of this kid can keep going even though it must seem sometimes like God doesn't exist. whether your athiest or whatever, you feel alone sometimes and when stuff like this happens you feel even lonlier and life seems not worth living. It feels like you will never be happy again, and you forget how being happy feels. I've felt that way some times, and although, I myself am young, now I seem to think hapiness comes from other people. Being alone doesn't make many people happy, God is great, but he is too abstract for any of us to understand. The best way we can survive and live our lives is by depending on each other, by loving each other, because no matter who we are, we are all human. Everyone, no matter how rich or poor feels like crap sometimes. Feels so low that they just break down and cry. And the worst is when you just feel awful for no reason. I pray for all of you who feel like this or have felt like this and I just hope for humanity and myself that we can find hapiness by interacting with and loving the rest of humanity.

Posted by: anonymous | February 17, 2007 7:18 PM | Report abuse