On Twitter: JoshBarr and AllMetSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

D.C.'s Top Football Recruits

I should preface this with a disclaimer, that I'm sure there are players who belong in this list but for some reason got left out, but here is my long-awaited list
of the Washington area's top football prospects for the rising senior class.

By Josh Barr  | April 2, 2007; 11:36 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terp Recruit Likely to Miss Cap Classic
Next: Football Clinic Wednesday

Comments

Dematha's Kenny Tate is the next Benn or Derrick Williams in terms of big time athlete prospect it looks like. He'll be the story all season. However, there look to be a lot of top recruits locally, especially athletes when you consider the three kids from friendly (which appears loaded again) and guys like Kevin Dorsey, Dan Atwood, Ryan Williams, Rodney McCleod.
I'm a big fan of Zach Kerr, he's a family friend so I am bias.

Posted by: Tony (UMD) | April 2, 2007 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm a big fan of Zach Kerr, he's a family friend so I am bias.

Posted by: Tony (UMD) | April 2, 2007 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Cameron Chism from McNamara was left off the list. Probably the best corner on the East Coast according to Rivals. Offers from Md, Syracuse, UCONN, Michigan, and Nebraska.

Posted by: WCAC Player | April 3, 2007 6:43 AM | Report abuse

I have been monitoring the best QB recruits in the state of Maryland and a player thats from the eastern shore of Maryland is receiving high marks from around the country....Wayne Warren from Wicomico High School. Schools from the PAC-10, Big 10, and SEC have been heavily recruiting this guy.....I wonder if Maryland can keep this guy home?

Posted by: JC | April 4, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

There is another recruit from friendly Deonte Young that is as solid of a player that you can get....With out a blink I can tell you that he has the most heart on that Friendly Football team....He is also a member of that PG Storm national champion team from 2002 which seems to have been a camp for current talent in this area.

Posted by: Surprise Junior | April 4, 2007 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Is there a specific reason St. John's RB/DB/KR, Antwan "I broke 136 tackles in 06" Bailey is not on your top 20 junior's list? Expect a huge year from the hungriest player in the WCAC!!

Posted by: Where's Bailey? | April 10, 2007 9:36 AM | Report abuse