On Twitter: JoshBarr and AllMetSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

Bad Week for Former All-Mets

Not a good week for a few former All-Met football players. This is a bizarre story about Robinson alum Lucas Caparelli leaving Wake Forest after a Facebook rant. Suitland graduate Navorro Bowman was one of three Penn State players kicked off the team pending the resolution of the legal problems. Bowman is awaiting trial for felony assault and other charges stemming from an October fight.

By Josh Barr  | January 28, 2008; 10:06 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Quite a Pickup for the Terps
Next: DeMatha Player Gets New Offer

Comments

Robinson represent! Seriously, if he was really that unhappy, but not actually violent, couldn't he have simply left school quietly? I know that a football scholarship can be a tough thing to give up, but now that this is on the Web how do you convince another school to simply let you in? Your football career is essentially toast and you sound like an unbalanced nut.

I wonder what it is going to take for HS and college students to wake up and realize that Facebook is not a private diary.

Posted by: SapphicHokieMom | January 28, 2008 10:24 AM | Report abuse

Two things about Caparelli:

1. You can't blame the school for reacting that way -- after Virginia Tech, anybody want to take a chance?
2. This kid firmly thought, while at Robinson, that the sun shone right out of his rear. If he didn't like his college choice (and it sounds like he didn't), he's got a chance to try it again, I guess. Not a bad kid, really, just got a little caught up in his own headlines.

Posted by: Not A Shocker | January 28, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

I'm amused that he ranted about being surrounded by spoiled rich kids at Wake, but he didn't seem to have any problems with them at Robinson...

What a putz. I hope he ends up flipping burgers for a living.

Posted by: One Time at Ram Camp | January 28, 2008 3:30 PM | Report abuse

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppp!!!!!!

Posted by: dugin | January 29, 2008 9:19 PM | Report abuse

yo maybe I can room wit one of dem BOWLLLWEEEEVVVVLEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Posted by: SanQuentin4lifeyo | January 29, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

this is all because of that darn rock music kids listen to these days..you all know this elvis presley and buddy holly..darn rock music

Posted by: souljahseniorcitizen | January 29, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

Interesting...good to see that someone monitors this site to clean up inappropriate comments.

Posted by: Ombudsman | January 30, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I was in this kid's graduating class and knew that he was not the nicest or most modest kid. However, I did not think he would end up going totally insane. I am ashamed to be a part of the same high school, state, and nation as him altogether; I knew there was a reason why I quietly rooted for schools to take down the juggernaut that is Robinson football. Good school with some really good students and some really over privileged nuts... and I can't really understand why he could consider that many people around him more spoiled than he was/is.

Posted by: kvs3rd | February 4, 2008 5:06 PM | Report abuse