On Twitter: JoshBarr and AllMetSports  |  Facebook  |  E-mail alerts: Redskins and Sports  |  RSS

Maryland Recruits Shine in Crab Bowl

It was a big day for Maryland recruits in the inaugural Crab Bowl all-star game. Forestville defensive end DeOnte' Arnett had 1 ½ sacks and Good Counsel All-Met running back Caleb Porzel rushed for three touchdowns. Dunbar-Baltimore star Tavon Austin, who has yet to make his college choice, scored twice, including an 84-yard kickoff return for a touchdown.

By Josh Barr  | December 22, 2008; 1:41 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Virginia Pursuing DeMatha End, Terps Next?
Next: All-Met Defensive End Chooses Huskers

Comments

I am glad Tavon Austin is no longer considering UNC.

Posted by: island1 | December 22, 2008 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Who said Tavon Austin is no longer considering UNC? Where does that come from?

Posted by: bssd | December 22, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

I am extremely happy that Jason Ankrah chose Nebraska.

I am extremely happy that Tavon Austin is goint to choose North Carolina.

I am extremely that Jelani Jenkins and Isaac Holmes will be signing with the Florida Gators.

Maryland will finish with a 2-10 record in 2009 - recruits should run away from Maryland.

Go Tar Heels !

Posted by: hclark1 | December 22, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

I know that Tavon said that he is leaning heavily for WVU, but I would not be surprised if he changes his tune after his official visit to UNC. From what I know, he has never been on campus and it is one of the most beautiful places to go to school. In addition, he will recieve a better education there than he would at WVU. The only issue is if he commits to WVU before his visit. Regardless, the kid is a great athlete and I wish him the best of luck where ever he goes. He is going to be alot of fun to watch in college!

Posted by: NCMatt1 | December 23, 2008 10:00 AM | Report abuse

@hclark1

ACC Basketball:
MARYLAND 82 - unc 80 (Saturday, 1/19/08)

ACC Lacrosse:
MARYLAND 13 - unc 8 (Saturday, 3/22/08)

ACC Soccer:
MARYLAND 2 - unc 1 (Friday, 11/7/08)

ACC Football:
MARYLAND 17 - unc 15 (Saturday, 11/15/08)

ACC Soccer:
MARYLAND 1 - unc 0 (Wednesday, 11/12/08)

NCAA Men's Soccer Championship:
MARYLAND 1 - unc 0 (Sunday, 12/14/08)

Posted by: Terptwin | December 27, 2008 2:05 PM | Report abuse