2 dudes, 4 quarters and the Gameday preview

For the Falcons' offense, the tight end is key, according to Doug Farrar of Football Outsiders in Gameday.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 7, 2009; 11:45 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Zorn has high praise for Ryan
Next: Alexander stresses special teams' need to improve

Comments

So the 'Skins won't win another game this year, huh? Wow, talk about theological determinism. Well, the great thing about grace is that it can't be bought or coerced, it can only be freely given, and the humble, contrite spirit that comes from being hammered on a regular basis by one's fellow pros may make this team the perfect receptable for the unmerited gifts that constitute grace. Put it another way--if miracles are the only way the 'Skins can win, the true fan will find religion.

Posted by: boothintexas | November 7, 2009 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I hate to say it, but I agree with The Mayor, the Skins won't win another game this year. Pride, heart, will power and determination has just as much to do with winning in football as talent and skill. Depth also helps, but even with the talent that the Skins have, they lost their three weeks ago. I predict a good old fashion butt whipping from the falcons tomorrow.

Posted by: clark202 | November 7, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse

fredie, I hope that the Skins do NOT draft a QB in this draft. OL should be the priority in this draft and hopefully a RB (though not in the 1st rd.

QB should be left for the 2011 draft. Build this thing right, from the lines out.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 7, 2009 10:52 AM | Report abuse
I agree, Curz. I think we will win a few more games, but not many, so we should have a pretty high 1st round pick. We should get one of the top 2 OT's, even if we need to trade up a couple of slots. And I like a RB in 2nd round.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 7, 2009 12:50 PM | Report abuse

It's my wager that JC17 wants no part of the Skins after this year.

I fully expect to see him walk and go to some new team where he might be able to compete for another starting job.

You can imagine how he feels about Snyder. And now he's started talking about how its preferable when they play on the road b/c they get to escape all the "negativity" associated w/ FedEx.

Sounds like the man has soured on D.C...not that I could blame him...

Posted by: p1funk | November 7, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I hear you p1, but there are reasons for him to stay, also. Good friends as teammates, owns a home.

Perhaps someone can help me out here, but if he is a restricted free agent and we tender him at a first round contract, then another team has to give us a 1st round pick if they want to sign him, or we get to match the offered contract offer. I think our contract would only be for one year, then he would be an unrestricted free agent who could negotiate with anyone. But not until 2011. So he would be with us in 2010, or we would have an extra 1st round pick.

Either way, the Skins are in control for 2010, if there is no union contract.

Posted by: frediefritz | November 7, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

bbeeeeppss.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 7, 2009 1:09 PM | Report abuse

With the schedule that the Skins are facing, there certainly is a chance they won't win anymore games this season.

And I would not expect JC to want to come back. He seems like a nice guy, but I do not think he will be able to raise his game to the level required by the NFL. When I watch some of the premier QBs in the NFL, they tend to get rid of the ball in 2-3 seconds. JC tends to hold it 4-5 before dumping it off. That forces an already weakened line to have to block longer and the results have not been good.

JC was a talented college QB, but does not appear too have adjusted to the "speed of the NFL game". It is not a knock on him, many guys never even make it that far. JC has limits like everyone, so perhaps a different environment might help him.

Posted by: rwsitb | November 7, 2009 1:35 PM | Report abuse

why do these links never work for me?? does anyone have this problem??

Posted by: BMACattack | November 7, 2009 3:27 PM | Report abuse

If next year is uncapped Campbell is a restricted free agent. Which means that he can go out on the open market and attempt to get signed by another team and the redskins have the right to match, if we do not match we get a draft pick based on the value of the contract. That would be true for Carlos Rogers as well. We need to hope that next year is uncapped so we can get some additional draft picks.

Posted by: m_p_holmes | November 7, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse