Albert Haynesworth keeps 'doing the same thing'

During Friday's morning practice at Redskins Park, Albert Haynesworth again wore a helmet and again was without pads. He participated in a turnover drill with his teammates, but otherwise, it was status quo.

After practice, Coach Mike Shanahan reiterated that nothing has changed.

"He's been doing the same thing. He's been getting a few reps and individual work -- the same thing he's been doing," Shanahan said.

Following a negative MRI result on Haynesworth's knee, Shanahan also said nothing's changed for the defensive tackle on the injury front.

"Same thing I said yesterday." Shanahan said. "He's getting treatment and hopefully he just keeps improving."

"He felt a little tight but it should not keep him from working," Shanahan said.

Shanahan said he's hopeful that wide receiver Malcolm Kelly and right tackle Jammal Brown will be back at full strength for practice on Monday.

"Keeping my fingers crossed that with good treatment and good rehab that they'll go on Monday," he said. "I'm not positive, though."

Shanahan also said that wide receiver Mike Furrey, who hasn't practiced since Tuesday morning, is still suffering from the effects of a concussion. The team is being careful with Furrey, who has sustained a concussion in the past. Nose tackle Howard Green also didn't practice.

Cornerback Carlos Rogers was held out of the morning session for rest. Over the course of the week, a few players were given some time off.

By Jorge Castillo  |  August 6, 2010; 12:41 PM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Albert Haynesworth , Jammal Brown , Trent Williams
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Russ Grimm: Hall of Famer
Next: Redskins have completed offensive installation

Comments

What is going on with Haynesworth?

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rahtard | August 6, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"..don't forget "Dancing Queen" by ABBA...that is pretty universally gay.."

Gay thug types have turned Biggie Smalls' "Juicy" into an anthemn after they decided "The Crack Commandments" didn't represent the kind of crack they wanted someone to command.

Posted by: gimmesummoe | August 6, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

After practice, Coach Mike Shanahan reiterated nothing has changed in the ongoing saga.

By Jorge Castillo | August 6, 2010; 12:41 PM ET

Hey, Jorge Castillo, brush up on your English. This is not a "saga" by any definition of the word.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 6, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Milli Vanilli... "Ba ba ba ba baaayyyybbeeee... Dont Forget My Number"

...but its only because it played in every bar in Olongapo during my first inport in Subic. That and GnFnR, its quite the combo, LOL.

And that is the kind of stuff one never forgets. If you've been there, you know.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | August 6, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

brownwood

"..don't forget "Dancing Queen" by ABBA...that is pretty universally gay.."

Posted by: gimmesummoe | August 6, 2010 12:50 PM |

"We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us

no heat, wonder why Christmas missed us.

Birthdays was the worst days

now we sip Champagne when we thirs-tayyyy."

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 6, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Its not a saga, but RI is making it their opus.

When you actually step back and consider the state of this "journalism"... what a sad f'ing joke the WaPo has become.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | August 6, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Gay thugs?

And what do they say exactly? 'Yeah I take it up the butt, but I'll also fu_k a n**ga up'?

Gay thugs = bible thumping, NRA member, gay basher that votes democrat

There is no such thing.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

This is not a "saga" by any definition of the word.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Usually the gayest is the one who most fiercely denies liking the following songs:

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - Like it
"I Saw The Sign" - Hate it
That old Sinead O'Connor jam - Love it (Written by Prince so there's no way it's gay)
"Barbie World" - Gay dudes think it's gay.
The Old Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch - The video is gayer than the song.

Posted by: iH8dallas | August 6, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 6, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

This just aint gonna cut it i need something better to get me through firday, thanks for the injury updates.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 6, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Five thoughts on Haynesworth
By: John Keim
Examiner Staff Writer
08/06/10 8:56 AM EDT

From Redskins training camp, Friday, Aug. 6:

1. Albert Haynesworth did not run again this morning; no shocker there. The MRI on his knee Thursday showed no structural damage, which probably didn't surprise anybody. If there was damage, there's little chance he could move as does even during individual work -- going in and around blocking bags; coming off the ball; running on the treadmill. That's at least a decent amount of stress to put on the knee. Running the intervals does put a different sort of stress on the knee.

2. I don't doubt that he thinks he's hurt. Here's the thing: a huge reason why some players were irked with him at the end of last season for not playing through injuries that others, one player said, would have perservered with. A number of players on the defense played with tougher injuries and some required surgery. Most still played.

3. That's not to say Haynesworth isn't hurt, but perhaps his threshold is much lower than others. You never know how a guy is really feeling, but I don't get the sense that he's faking this just to get out of running. He's not going to win a battle with Mike Shanahan so I'm not sure he'd really try to get into that sort of contest. If so, he only lowers his value around the league and feeding into the negative stereotype of himself.

4. Shanahan is trying to remake a guy who already has been formed. Joe Gibbs used to say, when others would tell him he could change someone, "What makes you think I can do it in one year when he's been that way for 20?" Point being, this is who he is. If Shanahan indeed wants to push him as no one has ever done before, as Jason Reid of the Washington Post wrote this morning, then I can't see how it's going to work. I also wouldn't be surprised if Shanahan starts to amp up his public comments about the matter. The guy is good at sending messages

5. One veteran said Haynesworth is fine in the locker room, joking around with players and interacting fine. He said that most, if not all, the players no longer care about the offseason stuff. Not sure I buy that considering how often London Fletcher deflects questions about him. However, one player said that he feels sorry for the offensive linemen when he does return; thinks he'll come back and play with a little more fury to prove a point. If he really wants out of here -- and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he still does after this season -- then he'll be extra motivated. Playing end in a 3-4 is not nearly the same as in a 4-3 and he will find that out. They will use him in creative ways at times, but in base packages his job is to free up linebackers.

Posted by: TWISI | August 6, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

JREID keeps 'doing the same thing' -
posting unnecessary Albert Haynesworth news.

POST SOME ACTUAL NEWS. WHAT'S HAPPENING AT CAMP TODAY!?

It's 1pm and the only two updates from camp have been about AH. Ridiculous.

Brownwood, what site are you using to get breakdowns of who's performing well and not? You probably posted it, but I missed it.

Posted by: saltine182 | August 6, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

And RI keeps posting the same thing.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 6, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

I am gonna assume that since this is all we are talking about the other guys on the team are looking like they will all be in the pro bowl.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 6, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

On a side note, why is CR22 getting rest?

Has he tweaked a pec or a lat whilst running around with his stone mittens on?

Hey oh!

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | August 6, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

You probably posted it, but I missed it.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

NRA member

yes?? you rang??

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 6, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TWISI | August 6, 2010 1:15 PM

thanks TWISI, that's what I was looking for.

Posted by: saltine182 | August 6, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Albert's main goal could simply be to get out of practice. That would inspire envy in probably half the vets on the team. Vets hate camp, especially the hitting. Albert has made it clear he sees no future for himself with the Redskins, so what's his incentive to please the coaches?

He probably figures that even with no practice, he's better than most of the D-linemen in the NFL.

Posted by: Samson151 | August 6, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS CAMP DIARY -- AUGUST 6, 2010

Dear Diary

It's not like it's my place to say this, but I gotta wonder if the Redskin medical staff knows what they're doing.

Yeah, I know they referred AH92 to the Doc and all that, but I think they may have referred him to the wrong one.

So they sent him to ortho and had an MRI done on his knees and the results came back -- and yeah, there's nothing wrong with them.

Well, hell, any fool here could have told you that. The Dude ain't done so much as nothing here yet -- and certainly nothing to cause him to have sore knees and all.

Personally, am thinking they should have referred him to the camp shrink.

I mean, I saw him "scrimmaging" the other day with a bunch of trash cans. And then I saw him riding this thing that looked like a bike -- but going nowhere. So I went up to him and asked, "Hey Albert, where you going? And he says, "Oh about three miles or 15 minutes, whichever comes first."

Trouble is, he then gets off the "bike" when he thinks people aren't looking -- and asks the water boy to do it for him.

No wonder the water boys are in better shape than Albert, but it's not like me to say it out loud or anything.

So today he sits down across from me at the lunch table and without saying a word, he picks up one of my buffalo wings and pops it into his mouth. Fortunately it was the boneless kind, or he would have had a hard time kissing his next stripper.

Anyways, he looks at me all dead in the eye, psycho looking and stuff, and asks if I mean to take his job.

So I tell him, "Now what job would that be -- standing on the sidelines in a backward baseball cap looking like an idiot? Or supposedly working out by yourself and doing nothing? Or laying out flat on the field gasping for air like some beached whale and forcing the team to take injury time outs, when all they really want to do is run out the clock? Or how about acting like an overpaid and over-pampered Barbra Streisand style diva, but one who can't sing, dance or act?"

"No, you can have that job," I told him. "The only job I'm interested in is playing defense for the Skins this season. And that's one job you apparently don't want -- at all."

Until next time,

Your BFF!

Posted by: Vic1 | August 6, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

that's what I was looking for.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Yawn! There's a rumor that the Redskins have 78 other players in camp, but it is just a rumor. All I know is Albert Haynesworth didn't do his test again today. I vaguely remember something about linebackers, running backs, quarterbacks and the like, but all I can say for sure is one defensive tackle didn't do his test today. I really am curious about the preseason game they are going to have in a week, but all I can say for sure is one fat bastard may or may not play.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 6, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

It's not a story unless something changes. The daily dose of "AH ain't doin' sh*t" is really getting old. In other news, if JR says "status quo" one more time, I'm going to find him and brain him.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 6, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

I like Albert Haynesworth. He seems like a really swell guy.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 6, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I like Albert Haynesworth. He seems like a really swell guy.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Have not been on here for a while and when I clicked on RI in my favorites tab I was surprised to see that this place is now the AH Insider.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey oh!

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

12:13 pm
The Redskins focused more this morning on screen passes than they have in previous days. It seemed to be a good way to combat some of the pressure the defense has been applying in training camp. They also worked a lot on goal-line plays.

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 6, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

I like Albert Haynesworth. He seems like a really swell guy.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 6, 2010 1:35 PM | Report abuse

I like Albert Haynesworth. He seems like a really swell guy.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:36 PM

Sorry about the double post folks...dork!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 6, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

"owever, one player said that he feels sorry for the offensive linemen when he does return; thinks he'll come back and play with a little more fury to prove a point. If he really wants out of here -- and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he still does after this season -- then he'll be extra motivated. Playing end in a 3-4 is not nearly the same as in a 4-3 and he will find that out. They will use him in creative ways at times, but in base packages his job is to free up linebackers."

I just don't see Albert having a desire to play a whole lot this season. After all, he's already collected most of his salary. How motivated would you be?

Posted by: Samson151 | August 6, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Sorry about the double post folks...dork!

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Since we're STILL on the Haynesworth topic, I thought I'd mention this since i don't think I've seen it brought up previously.

Our old friend Jasno was reporting a couple of days ago that on the day of the first AH conditioning test, he was very sick. Apparently he was requiring an IV due to flu-like symptoms.

I don't understand why AH would attempt to take the test is he was sick, but it makes a bit more sense than him taking a dump in the middle of the test.

Posted by: --swb | August 6, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

I have this gut feeling that AH is going to kill it this year. Like dominate on a level that few players ever have in a single season from his position. The sentiment coming from that unnamed player (he feels sorry for the offensive linemen when AH does return) is something that will trickle-down into the season. Don't forget, this man has an anger-management issue. He's heard people all over the country turn him into the laughing stock of the league. This man will be angry to start the season, and he'll be on a mission to restore his dignity on the field through his performance. Couple that with the supposed idea that he now 'likes' this defense after watching it in action, and I'm sensing a scary season coming from AH.

It's crazy to think, but even more than Shanahan's and McNabb's debuts, I'm looking forward to seeing how Haynesworth fares with this defense on day 1 against Dallas. Watching him lined up across from fresh-faced Doug Free -- I'm itching to see what he will do to him.

(BTW, speaking of Free, I'd be frightened to have the first start of my career at left tackle by lining up nose-to-nose with Albert Haynesworth and having Brian Orakpo flying in off my shoulder. This man is going to have nightmares after week 1.)

Posted by: psps23 | August 6, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

too bad the Redskins don't have "sleep-away camp" anymore.

I'd love to see them line up with soap in their socks like in Full Metal Jacket on his fat, talented ass. Or at least hear about it. Maybe here on RI. At least, that way, something might have "changed."

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 6, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

RedDMV, I didn't say you were making it racial. I've attached your 8:43 note, and it clearly says you are not making it racial. I was simply saying that, instead of it being racial, I believe the strong resentment to AH is more a factor of economic jealousy.

from RedDMV:
brown,

Nemo just said that he's a Jet season ticket holder (which i assume that he's a Jet fan). I don't think he really has a nickle in the quarter aka Haynesworth soap opera. Seems that he really doesn't understand the constant fat jokes and just plain ol' unadulterated Haynesworth hate. I can think of at least five regular posters that have to get in at least 5 Haynesworth bashing post.

To be frustrated with the guy -- disappointed. I get that. But to call him "fat ass" or whatever every time you speak his name is just juvenile. It shows that you or whoever has a strong biased opinion about the man who you obviously didn't care for anyway. So to argue or discuss the Haynesworth drama with you or anyone that shares the same view is pointless.

Not to make it a race thing, this is just an example, but it's like trying to convince a person who is prejudice against blacks that Obama is a good president. Clearly you're never gonna get through to them or make them like him. Even if he goes on to become the greatest president ever. They'll still go out of their way to find some flaw.

hess, I hate the attitude Haynesworth has displayed at times. When he didn't show up for the mandatory workout. I voiced my opinion that wasn't Haynesworth friendly in the least. Thing is that he's here now. No he can't pass the conditioning test which is most definitely inexcusable, but to pile on and pimp out fat jokes every other post is just lame and retarded.

Almost the same as bashing Dan Snyder every post. It becomes monotonous and boring.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: frediefritz | August 6, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

frediefritz

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Haynesworth is fat.

Fire Snyder!

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 6, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Maybe here on RI. At least, that way, something might have "changed."

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Thinker_ is fat.

Fire Rahtard!

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | August 6, 2010 1:50 PM

Man...I sure hope so...the problem with sociopaths though is they think they are always right...don't care at all what others think...and they will do whatever they can to manipulate the situation so that they win and look good.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 6, 2010 1:56 PM | Report abuse

bean, I'm not a NRA member, but I can appreciate a nice firearm. I got one or two -- legally of courses.

Working on my concealed weapons permit. Too many "gay thugs" tryna be hard...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm still not understanding why a 6'6" 330 lb pro-bowl DT has to run 2 300 yard shuttles in order to practice.

or any DT for that matter. Ideally D-line won't ever have to run more than 10 yards at a time.

This is a bunch of stupid drama for people to cry about. Haynesworth is one of the best players on the Redskins, shove the conditioning test in between your gums and your dentures Shanna-cool

Posted by: pabrian2003 | August 6, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Should Danny just change the name of the team to the Washington Haynesworths? The helmet logo could be:

-Fat Bastard from Austin Powers fame

-A KFC 10-piece bucket

-The universal symbol for "NO" (red circle with the bar through it) covering "3-4"

-Dollar signs

-A photo of his $4-mil yacht

-A steaming pile of horse dung

-A preggo stripper

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 6, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Curz, I've noticed a lack of posting. I thought about asking if you were lurking. Good to see you back.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 6, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

No_Punt_Intended

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

'Rookie left tackle Trent Williams appeared to tweak a hip during practice and at one point was lying down on the sideline working with a trainer.'

This is why I am not a fan of switching players to a new position from their original position. Trent played RT most of his career and Jamal Brown played LT most of his career and was a pro bowl from that position. I never understood why the skins keep putting players from their nature position like Landry, Jason Taylor, to name a few. Hopefully I dont know what the heck I am talking about but well...history speak for itself.

Posted by: demonj21 | August 6, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Who drew the race card?

frak is the one that said Haynesworth is Jewish.

All I'm saying is that Haynesworth APPEARS to be Black. I mean, not 100%, but I'd say at least a solid 90%. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And, speaking of racial ambivalence, how did your boy Furrey already get a concussion? I don't know why they keep him around, if that's the case. He ought to get to together with Cult Brennen and Brian Westbrook and put together a flag football team. And my point is, I'm not convinced this Furrey guy is Black.

But Haynesworth, no offense to anybody, seems to display some of the characteristics commonly associated with the Black. And that's basically what YOU people don't seem to understand. Because you are different, you can't see how this looks to Normal people. Which is not your fault, because of your inferiority.

So, I hope that clears things up about Haynesworth's race.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 6, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Good to see you back.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

So, I hope that clears things up about Haynesworth's race.

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

fritz, we here...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow is fan appreciation day at Redskins Park. Will Snyder appreciate the fans and fire Haynesworth publicly?

Posted by: kmcandrew | August 6, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it's economic as much as it is against elitists and true malconents.

I have trouble finding any ground on which to empathize with Stompy. I didn't have that problem w/ CPo who's pulling down some serious cheeze this year, right?

But Portis sucked it up and got to work. Fat Al remained completely un-motivated and possibly got worse.

I think that's the reason most people are upset.

Posted by: DikShuttle | August 6, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

frediefritz

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse
Is that a statement or a question?

Posted by: frediefritz | August 6, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Is that a statement or a question?

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Working on my concealed weapons permit. Too many "gay thugs" tryna be hard...

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

And athletes.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 6, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Tequila shots on deck for Curz!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

red, yup, nothing wrong with a gun in the right hands....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 6, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 6, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Sup Fredie, yeah, have been doing some lurking. RI is still an addiction I struggle with, tho this offseason has helped, especially being inundated with AH updates.

But at the end of the day, this is one of the few places that a Skins fan in the Southwest can talk Skins with fellow fans.

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Tequila shots on deck for Curz!

Posted by: RedDMV | August 6, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Now the season's rolling! I'll drink to Curz. HTTR

Posted by: frediefritz | August 6, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Now the season's rolling!

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

romo, got a family fried who works for DSS down in DC, he's protected Yasir Arafat, Hillary Bush Sr., people of that nature, they all carry Sig's.....s&w makes a good product, but Sig's are really nice...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 6, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: Curzon417 | August 6, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: bleep-bleep | August 6, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TBDog | August 6, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Bean, Red,

I'm debating Sig Sauer and S&W...any thoughts? Other than going with the American made?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | August 6, 2010 2:11 PM

You may want to check out a publication called "Gun Tests"...they are the Consumer Reports for gun owners. I'm sure they have probably reviewed both guns or similar models. Also, have you considered a Glock? I have a model 31 and it is pretty sweet.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 6, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I am a Jets fan as well as being one of their longtime season ticket holders (came down here for grad school and never left). So I do not have a dog in the fight. I merely think it is the wrong way to handle someone, that referring to him as "Fat Albert" is hate posting and obscures any real posts you might make, and that the longer this goes on, the worse Shanahan looks.

Posted by: Nemo24601 | August 6, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse