Andre Carter is ahead of schedule

Outside linebacker Andre Carter has returned to the field sooner than expected.

Carter had surgery in January to repair the torn biceps he played with in December and was not expected to take part in drills until the mandatory three-day minicamp that begins June 16. But Carter, who is making the switch from defensive end, participated in the first two days of this week's organized team activities (OTAs).

"Just working, man," Carter said Wednesday. "Like everything you do, it's always an adjustment. But my arm is feeling great."

The team's medical staff has limited Carter's participation "just to kind of build me up slowly," he said. Having taken a maximum of only 12-16 reps in each OTA, Carter is eager to increase his workload. He seemed to be lined up with the second-team defense, working out of base and nickel packages.

"We just don't want to overdo it," said Coach Mike Shanahan. "I told him to be smart about it and he's a pretty smart guy. He's an experienced guy, so I think he'll be fine."

Said Carter: "Stamina is great. I worked my butt off to take it to the next level because linebackers need a little extra wind. When it came to rehabbing throughout the months, they said I was ahead of the game. I'm just a guy who heals fasts and takes care of himself."

Carter is coming off a personal-best season in which he ranked seventh in the league with 11 sacks. He finished fourth among NFL linemen in tackles, third in tackles for a loss and sixth in forced fumbles. He also played the most snaps of any Redskins defensive lineman.

By Jason Reid  |  June 3, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Trent Williams growing more comfortable each day
Next: The Allen brothers, together again

Comments

Our defense is going to be a beast next year with or without Fat Al.

I like the focus and professional approach this year. Hard work pays off and the ones that are there seem to be working hard

Posted by: Devo2 | June 3, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

And about that ESPN analyst, he's just a hater like the rest. If you never counted the 'big runs' in the scheme of a full game then would Barry Sanders be considered great? He had such a high percentage of carries that went for 0 yards or negative yards, he'd have like 25 carries for 150 yards and about 15-20 carries would be for a loss, the other 5-10 would be huge runs that would get him over 100.

Posted by: monk811 |

I get the point the ESPN guy was making. To me, I'd like to see a stat like this. % of runs that gain 3 or more yards or a 1st down. Call those "quality runs" (somewhat analogous to quality starts in baseball).

To me, that'd be the most effective RB. Portis in the first half of 2008 would have done very well in that category, obviously a different story since.

One of the nuances in football is that the average and distribution both matter. If an RB gains 4 yards a carry, every carry, the team scores a TD every time (1st and 10 goes to 2nd and 6 goes to 3rd and 2 -- and 4 yards on 3rd and 2 is another 1st down).

It turns out ineffective plays are quite harmful to an offense, and an occasional big play does little to offset that.

This analysis also ports over to the passing game. Its why I think so highly of possession receivers. Low risk passes are actually more effective than longer passes that have higher risk.

As fans, we like excitement, but we also confuse excitement with excellence.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Ok....here's a proposed lineup (as of who we have today).

Tell me what you think.

OFFENSE (23)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Torrain
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Bobby Wade
LT - Trent Williams, Stephon Heyer
LG - Derrick Dockery, Chad Rhinehart
C - Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery
RG - Mike Williams
LG - Artis Hicks, William Robinson

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Maybe flip-flop Colt and Rex, and nudge Wade to 5th reciever for Galloway at 4. Or maybe even 3rd with Kelley at 4th. It'll be interesting watching the WR depth chart develop through preseason.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Damn, he had a good year last year! I was so focused on sacks that I never realized he was that up there in overall tackles, tackles for a loss, and forced fumbles. Very complete defensive end...er...linebacker.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I think Selvish Capers comes on strong and backs up RT, and are we all really that convinces that Johnson or Torrain beats out Parker? I think Willie still has that speed we need, he's a guy I would like to see on the roster. I think fast/change of pace guy is better than short yardage/gay bashin guy. Maybe it's Portis, Parker, Westbrook, any takers on that idea?

Posted by: monk811 | June 3, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

The real question is how much pass coverage duty will AC have to prepare for? I for one cringe at the thought of him lining up opposite Jason Witten twice this fall

Posted by: Predator48 | June 3, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Ok....here's a proposed lineup (as of who we have today).

Tell me what you think.

OFFENSE (23)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Torrain
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Bobby Wade
LT - Trent Williams, Stephon Heyer
LG - Derrick Dockery, Chad Rhinehart
C - Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery
RG - Mike Williams
LG - Artis Hicks, William Robinson

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 2:08 PM

I almost went with Brennan/Grossman, but decided the other way around may be a surer bet, given Kyle' history with the G-Man.

I think there will only be 4 WRs officially in the depth charts, but Terrance Austin can act as the. 5th. Also have one in the hopper on the practice squad. We just don't need 5 WRs with 2 outstanding receiving TEs, too. I only went with 2 TEs because DMo can sub in as TE for blocking scenarios. Him or Lorenzo Alexander...either way, we're covered.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

OT/G - Selvish Capers
ILB - Perry Riley
RB - Keiland Williams
S - Lendy Holmes
CB - Doug Dutch

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Every year I've predicted the type of year Andre Carter would have, I've been wrong. When I thought he'd be a beast, he was so-so. When I thought he be so-so, he was a beast.

So if I offer up an opinion of how I think he's going to play in 2010, feel free to assume the opposite.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

I think Chris wilson will be starting at LB

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 3, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

"By Washington Post editors"

Lenny Bernstein, if that's you, please start attributing your posts to yourself. Let's get the Bernstein Era off and running.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | June 3, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RomoLongballs

Carter plays a lot of snaps which helps up his numbers. Not sure where he was in the NFL on snaps played by a d-lineman, but I'd bet it was pretty near the top. He has great motor -- he makes a lot of tackles on second effort. The result is that, he's always been pretty high up in # of tackles

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

I think Chris wilson will be starting at LB

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 3, 2010 2:23 PM

I agree that Wilson's got talent, but I'm afraid he may not even be active most game days (barring injuries).

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

I'd like to see Carter come up with another move rushing the passer, he's kind of a one-trick pony, he gets swallowed up by a big physical tackle sometimes. Having said that, I think that it is his high motor that keeps him in plays and he eventually gets a sack if the coverage is good.

Posted by: monk811 | June 3, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

OFFENSE (23)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Torrain
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Bobby Wade
LT - Trent Williams, Stephon Heyer
LG - Derrick Dockery, Chad Rhinehart
C - Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery
RG - Mike Williams
LG - Artis Hicks, William Robinson

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

William Robinson is running with the #2s at LT. Heyer is #2 at RT for now. I think Capers will beat Heyer outwhen it is all said and done. Also, Rinehart is at RG with Fanika and Ed Williams backing up LG.

Posted by: TWISI | June 3, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I'd like an andre Carter Jersey- Number 99 looks cool

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 3, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

Ok....here's a proposed lineup (as of who we have today).

Tell me what you think.

OFFENSE (23)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Torrain
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Bobby Wade
LT - Trent Williams, Stephon Heyer
LG - Derrick Dockery, Chad Rhinehart
C - Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery
RG - Mike Williams
LG - Artis Hicks, William Robinson

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Pretty good, DC, though I might replace Robinson with Capers and change LG to RT.

Posted by: boothintexas | June 3, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: monk811 | June 3, 2010 2:17 PM

It just seems Parker doesn't possess the speed we were looking for (I only have heard that 2nd hand through the rumor mill).

Portis should be a shoe-in
Johnson seems to be motivated and healthy. Don't get rid of him. He's a good power compliment and insurance policy for Portis.

Don't think we need Westbrook. The double concussions should be a tell-tale sign that he really shouldn't be on the field anymore. Time to retire while he can still walk upright.

Torrain could be the infusion of youth we need. He won't be full-time RB, so he may get the chance to get healthier and learn from two guys with some strong industry insight. Hope he can contribute on special teams.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

is this the year that Sellers gets replaced?? This cat Morris has mad skills....

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 3, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

DEFENSE (26)
LDE - Albert Haynesworth, Vonnie Holliday, Greg Peterson
NT - Maake Kemoeatu, Kedric Gholston, Anthony Bryant
RDE - Adam Carriker, Phillip Daniels
OLB - Brian Orakpo, Jeremy Jarmon , Chris Wilson
ILB - London Fletcher, H.B. Blades
ILB - Rocky MacIntosh, Chris Draft
OLB - Andre Carter, Lorenzo Alexander, Robert Henson
SS - Laron Landry, Reed Doughty
FS - Chris Horton, Kareem Moore
CB - Carlos Rogers, Phillip Buchanon
CB - DeAngelo Hall, Justin Tryon

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:19 PM

Not liking your DL selection. Gholston most likely will back up Haynesworth. Green will back up Maake. Daniels, Bryant, Peterson will battle for the last DL spot. I don't think Draft makes this team. Holmes will make the active roster if only for his special teams work.

Posted by: TWISI | June 3, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Curious how Andre's healing picked up the pace right after Haslett gushed to the media about Lorenzo Alexander. Coincidentally, I heard that Lorenzo was playing ahead of Carter with the first string defense.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 3, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Ok....here's a proposed lineup (as of who we have today).

Tell me what you think.

OFFENSE (23)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Colt Brennan
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Ryan Torrain
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Bobby Wade
LT - Trent Williams, William Robinson
LG - Derrick Dockery
C - Casey Rabach, Will Montgomery
RG - Mike Williams, Chad Rhinehart
RT - Artis Hicks, Stephon Heyer

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: boothintexas | June 3, 2010 2:37 PM

I made a few changes, based on boothintexas' & TWISI's comments.

I still think Capers will be on the practice squad, at least to begin the season off with. He BARELY was drafted...for a reason. A little bit of development time may really help him be a beast down the road.

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

I was at the OTA on Tuesday and Bartel (QB from Giant's practice squad) was having a much better day than Colt. He is taller, makes his reads a lot faster (watched both), has a better throwing motion, and was more accurate overall. I would be surprised to see Colt on the team unless he steps it up quite a bit. Also Portis appeared to have lost about 20 pounds and was being pushed pretty hard by Johnson. Have not seen him work that hard since he came here. The rookie TE Paulsen is a beast, ran pretty good routes, blocked like Donny Warren used to, and is a huge target. Tryon, sadly, kept getting beat both against the offense and in position drills against other DBs. Not sure how much of a future he has either. Jarmon and Moss were doing most of their work on the sidelines. Carter did take some reps with the 1st team defense, but given he still ramping back up from the injury not a big surprise to see him with the 2nd team. WR Armsrong was also impressive--small like Moss, but ran great routes and got open using speed and moves. Team definitely looked better than last year, especially the offense.

Posted by: drmammal | June 3, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Portis should be a shoe-in

Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

If Johnson's healthy and ready to go, then I hope we keep him. I just thought Portis was that mix of speed/power, and Parker might be fast enough to be that change of pace, which I don't think Torrain is. I would love some youth on the team, however I think with the geriatric convention that is our RB situation there isn't any room for the younguns!

Posted by: monk811 | June 3, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

One of the interesting story lines will be if the OL succeeds under Shanahan.

For the most part, there has been a belief that we lacked talent on the OL. Its also very possible that many OL issues were due to poor schemes.

Me, I think both. In 2009, talent was lacking and there were an ungodly number of times where a defender came thru untouched and got to Campbell. The latter isn't talent, its scheme.

Basically, if the OL succeeds with the same guys, we can credit the new coaches. If we struggle, well, the talent level was always suspect.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: drmammal | June 3, 2010 2:59 PM

Not sure how you were able to attend the OTA, but I have a few comments on your post.

Paulsen is interesting. He's a very good blocker from what I've read. I've read that some see him bulking up and move to OT don the road (I think it was Tandler's post).

Anthony Armstrong is one player I'll be cheering on. This is the guy that beat out Mitchell not the Galloway nor Wade. He has the experience, and the speed to contribute this year. Hoping he beats either Galloway or Wade to make the final roster.

Posted by: TWISI | June 3, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | June 3, 2010 2:42 PM
------------------------------------------
Could be. I think Shanahan is looking for a little more athleticism at the position. Still, this guy Morris played tight end in college. I would have thought Shanny would be looking for a guy who could carry the ball more than Sellers ala Mike Anderson. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave Larry Johnson some long looks at fullback in the preseason. This would be a great way to extend his career and it has been awhile since Washington had a fullback that was little more than a blocking threat (Larry Centers?).

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 3, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Derelle Revis to the Skins for CR22, a 1st & a 2nd next year, and a 5th in 2015.....

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: drmammal

Thanks for the updates

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

TWISI--

I got into the OTA because the team is hosting a limited number of club and other premium level seat holders at 6 of the OTAs, about 20-25 plus 1 guest each for a total of 40-50 per day. It was a great opportunity to watch the entire OTA and really get a look at players during the drills. Obviously, 1 day won't make or break a player's career (in most cases), but it was good to get a look at the players, especially the new ones and get a better feel for what we might see in a couple of months.

Posted by: drmammal | June 3, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BeantownGreg1

Wouldn't surprise me. Morris was picked for that role -- and there's only 1 roster spot for it. If Sellers didn't have that nasty fumbling habit, he'd be much harder to replace. But ... he does. And if Morris shows up strong, I think he gets the job.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

One of the interesting story lines will be if the OL succeeds under Shanahan.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 3:07 PM
------------------------------------------
I am still worried about depth at tackle. I thought Flozelle Adams would have been a great pickup because he's a guy that could start at right tackle and take over at left if, God forbid, something happened to Williams. I am big on Selvish Capers but he is definitely not ready to step into a role this season. I see him as the second backup at tackle. This leaves us with Heyer if Hicks starts at right and we have seen the matador acts he can do at left tackle.

I agree that the o-line looked worse than they really were because of scheme. Because of all of the injuries and the lack of playing time by the starters, Zorn wouldn't let them audible any changes to the blocking scheme. Still, they were bad enough for Shanny to draft three offensive linemen. That tells you something about the front office's confidence in the same guys.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | June 3, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor

Farms must be rockin' that neva been stepped on ish again...

Posted by: RedDMV | June 3, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Favorite quote from the late Golden Girl, Rue McLanahan:

"I'm as jumpy as a virgin at a prison rodeo"

If I recall correctly, the follow on line was

"That's pretty jumpy"

Posted by: zcezcest1 | June 3, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

whoa

Posted by: iH8dallas | June 3, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Book it!

Posted by: 4thFloor |

Giving up those high picks would be a huge mistake, and I don't think our new regiem is that dumb. We will still need a high round pick to solidify our O-line. We will also need to find a real-deal QB of the future cantidate soon. McNabb is great for now, but lets face it, he's no spring chicken. CR22 may not be able to catch, but he covers well enough, and our needs are greater elsewhere.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

It's gonna be costly to get him....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

4thFloor,

Have you been infected with Cerrato-itus? You want to sell off prospects for the future for the big splash now. Where has that gotten us in past years?

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

beeps

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Whoa, the entire next thread disapeared! Weird, it was on the return of the Allen brothers.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 3:43 PM

The Future???? WTF?

Bruce Allen said the Future is NOW dagnabit! And Revis is a shut down corner who wants to get paid $17Mil per year and is about to hit his prime of his carreer. He's worth more than 2 #1s.....

So don't pin that Cerrato bullcrap on me...Pin that Bruce Allen bullcrap on me....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

I stand by what I said. The cost now would not justify what we would be giving up for the future.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Ok....here's a proposed lineup (as of who we have today).
Tell me what you think.
RG - Mike Williams
LG - Artis Hicks, William Robinson
Posted by: DC2AZ99 | June 3, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: RomoLongballs | June 3, 2010 2:13 PM
OFFENSE
QB - Donovan McNabb, Colt Brennan, Rex Grossman
RB - Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, Westbrook… Torain and kieland williams on the ps
FB - Mike Sellers, Dennis Morris(fb/te)
TE - Chris Cooley, Fred Davis
WR - Santana Moss, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, Galloway, austin or banks…
LT - Trent Williams, Stephon Heyer
LG - Derrick Dockery, Chad Rhinehart
C - Casey Rabach, cook
RG - Mike Williams, e. williams
RT - Artis Hicks, Capers

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | June 3, 2010 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:05 PM

So, you were not in favor of the McNAbb trade, I take it....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

In case you didn't notice, Allen has largely been getting serviceable veteran players now for reasonable prices. while keeping the resources to obtain youth in the future. Prudent spending now to give a chance for short term success, but not morgatgeing the future. Hasn't our countries credit crunch taught you anything?

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

And Let's not forget our Redskins History of them goin 10++ years of trading away 1st rounders.....while going to the SB in those stretches....History..

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

So, you were not in favor of the McNAbb trade, I take it....

Posted by: 4thFloor |

Didn't you read my post where I said McNabb is great for now? But we will need a new starting QB in the not too distant future. I reitterate: solid veterans at reasonable price now, build with youth for the future.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: 4thFloor |

Pre free agency/salery cap history. the league is a different animal now.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

DEFENSE
LDE - Albert Haynesworth, Vonnie Holliday
NT - Maake Kemoeatu, Kedric Gholston
RDE - Adam Carriker, Phillip Daniels
OLB - Brian Orakpo, Jeremy Jarmon , Chris Wilson
ILB - London Fletcher, H.B. Blades
ILB - Rocky MacIntosh, riley…
OLB - Andre Carter, Lorenzo Alexander, Robert Henson(ilb/olb)
SS - Laron Landry, Reed Doughty
FS - Chris Horton, Kareem Moore
CB - Carlos Rogers, Phillip Buchanon, k. barnes
CB - DeAngelo Hall, Justin Tryon
SPECIAL TEAMS (4)
K - Graham Gano
P - Josh Bidwell.. I still think the skins bring back hunter the punter…
LS – ethan “The red snapper” albright
KR/PR - Terrence Austin
PRACTICE SQUAD
WR - Brandon Banks
RB - Keiland Williams
S - Lendy Holmes
LB bowen
WR Armstrong
CB Stephenson
S Russell
__________________________________________

carter and jarmon will play de in certain formations...

Posted by: jimmy_the_crickett | June 3, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

YOu know McNAbb will want atleast $12Mil/yr....While that is a reasonable price for the caliber player he is, it is not reasonable under what your trying to say.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

And the thing with Revis...I was just throwing it out there, but at the same time I wouldn't be mad if it happened...

..We fans are still going to get gauged by the owner irregardless.....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 4:29 PM | Report abuse

The QB handles the ball on EVERY offensive play. Makes him kinda important, worth spending money to get a good one. How often does a DB touch the ball? not quite so much. plus we only gave up ONE 2nd round pick in the same year we acquired him. Not a solid player AND multiple future picks including a 1st.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

I see we are at the disagree to agree point.......But I'm cool with that....

You shed to the conservative side, and I have no problem wheeling and dealing more loosly.....not Dan Snyder type though...

And you must not know too much about Revis to say what you said above IMO....And CR22 is solid when comparing him to Jello Gellatin....

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm cool with that too. I don't dissagree with the quality of the player, just the cost of the upgrade.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

And CR22 is solid when comparing him to Jello Gellatin....

Posted by: 4thFloor |
His hands at least are as hard as concrete.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:59 PM | Report abuse

And CR22 is solid when comparing him to Jello Gellatin....

Posted by: 4thFloor |
His hands at least are as hard as concrete.

Posted by: kaasmaster | June 3, 2010 4:59 PM

That's what I call ending on a positive note!

Posted by: 4thFloor | June 3, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

"The only reason I would keep Westbrook is for 3rd downs because he obviously would have the best hands of any of the running backs, dude is a beast in the open field and on screen passes. Just limit his carries and bring him in on 3rd downs, he'll move a lot of chains for us.Posted by: monk811"

If it was me coaching, I'd put him in the slot on some plays. He's more dangerous than Randle El was and he'd be less likely to take a blow to the old cranium.

Posted by: Samson151 | June 3, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

One of the funnier articles on RBs who run around in the backfield a lot -- Willie Parker gets special mention -- note the date on the article:

Posted by: Samson151 | June 3, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

One thing that struck me about the Giants in '07 and '08 (not so much last year) was how many yards they made after they'd left their blockers behind. The Skins' RBs seemed to make their yards mainly in the wake of blockers such as Chris Samuel and then go down, while Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw kept going...

Posted by: Samson151 | June 3, 2010 6:40 PM | Report abuse

F-Dallas!! Hail Redskins!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | June 3, 2010 8:17 PM | Report abuse

i'm a big AC fan. wrote a post about him last week on my blog:

Posted by: bcarothers | June 3, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

rex grossman is one of the worst qb's i've seen in recent memory. any of you who propose that grossman is/will be better than jason campbell is not thinking clearly. his arm and sideline throws are far weaker than brunell's were. he's also an inveterate fumbler, frequently on hikes. i love the team, but i'd rather see a rookie backup than grossman.

Posted by: dcjazzman | June 5, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

How is this fool puttiing Stephon Heyer to backup williams at LT, areyou crazy!!!! we want to keep Donnovan healthy not kill him. Heyer can't block my sister much less anyone in the NFL that bumm has no strength no heart and is just plain soft. Why he is still in the NFL after watching him the last 2 years he must have pictures of Snyder or something.

Posted by: stephenwilson2003@yahoo.com | June 6, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

Hey Kool-Aid, I mean Fat Albert get your fat behind to practice!!!!!

Posted by: GatorsnSkins | June 7, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse