Redskins' defense is 'hyped' to take on Cowboys

The Redskins have resumed preparations to face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night at FedEx Field, and top cornerback DeAngelo Hall is confident in the team's approach on defense. Washington is ready to unveil more of its new 3-4 scheme, so bring on the Cowboys.

"I feel good. I feel good about the game plan and what we're trying to accomplish in the game," Hall said.

"Defensively, I feel like it's going to be a battle. Anytime you lock up with those guys ... I mean, we have a new scheme and a new coaching staff.

"But we've pretty much got the same group of guys we had [last season] and they've pretty much got the same group of guys. And we know each other very well."

Dallas, Washington's NFC East rival, won both meetings between the teams last season. The Cowboys won, 7-6, in Week 11 at Dallas and 17-0 in Week 16 at FedEx. The Redskins went winless in the six division games for only the second time (1994) since the AFL-NFL merger.

Under new defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, the Redskins have switched from a 4-3 base to a 3-4 scheme and plan to be more aggressive in blitzing than they were during the past two seasons. Although Haslett revealed little in the preseason, the Redskins were encouraged by their turnover totals and overall performance.

So, will Haslett unveil many of the new blitz packages and zones against the Cowboys?

"I'm anticipating us doing anything we can to win this game," Hall said. "It's Dallas in the first game of the season. You know we're going to do everything possible. Whether that's Has on the sideline drawing up plays we weren't necessarily going to run and running 'em, or us just digging down deep and running the stuff we go in expecting to run, I envision all of that happening. I envision us doing whatever it takes. You know, those guys [the Cowboys] haven't had the most success in the preseason ... but you know they're going to be ready for this.

"The preseason doesn't really matter right now, but at the same time you know they haven't come out and put a perfect game together. We definitely know we're going to get their best shot. And they might have been pulling back, too. Jason Garrett is a great offensive coordinator. You know he's always got some stuff for you. And Tony Romo, he's a quarterback who's been around the block. He knows what it's about. ... But I can honestly say we're ready, man. We're geared up and we're hyped."

By Jason Reid  |  September 8, 2010; 9:02 AM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , DeAngelo Hall , Jim Haslett  | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, DeAngelo Hall, Jim Haslett, Tony Romo, Washington Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Statistical analysis: What if Donovan McNabb had been a Redskin in 2009?
Next: Reed Doughty set to start at free safety Sunday

Comments

Here's hoping the journey from worst to FIRST starts off right Sunday night!

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

Hall should have his own blog like Arrington...oh wait, it's called Redskins Insider

Posted by: rich20ssu | September 8, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

My biggest concern is the nose tackle position. Ma'ake Kemoeatu was getting pushed back too much allowing runners to get through the gaps. Hopefully he either steps up or Bryant can step in and do a better job.

Posted by: heycisco01 | September 8, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

It is hard to pick the AFC because there are so many good teams.

TENN, Stillers, Texans, Ravens, Pats, Jets, Cincy, Indy, and San D.

Tenn is the surprise team.

Dennis Dixon will be the guy folks talk about.

B-more will rule.

In the NFC.

San Fran, Cowboys, Packers, Saints, Vikes, Atlanta, and Cards.

Detriot will impress.

S Bradford is the real deal.

San Fran's q-back is all that's holding them back.

Clausen should start in Carolina.

The jints will be in decline along with the iggles.

The NFC South will rise.

The saints might just repeat.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Howzabout some statistical analysis here? If the Redskins D had been this "hyped" last year, would we have gone 10-6?

Posted by: beep-beep | September 8, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: heycisco01 | September 8, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

When the schedule first came out, I had this game in the win column...new coach, new attitude thing. However, with DMac missing time at practice, and the team embedded in AH's situation, I think the Cowboys I started to doubt my only prediction. But it's Skins v Dallas. No way I pick the girlz. Skins win 20-17.

Posted by: TWISI | September 8, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

My biggest concern is also the nose tackle position.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 8, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Yawwwwwwwwn!

Posted by: rlomax67 | September 8, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Co-sign TWISI...I like the Skins in this game. Seems like Dall-ass is in just as much disarray as we are...especially with that turnstile they call an O-line. Won't be easy, but we have a better coach and better QB...that could be the great equalizer...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Momma never taught y'all how to read between the lines? Deadskins Insider is not talking about Dallas a lot because there's nothing to talk about.

You have a gimp QB who can't read defenses and is playing for a contract. Your RB won the job by default. Your offensive line would make the worst 1980s Saints team look solid. Andre Carter is one of your OLBs. Your locker room sees your coach as the mindgame-playing joke that he is and your owner is a complete idiot who still hasn't figured out that he's not as smart as he thinks he is. That pretty much cover it?

Y'all can go ahead and get your bottles of Febreze ready for Monday when you spray your excuses all over Deadskins Insider and try to minimize the glaring shortcomings that we will expose. Eventually y'all will figure out that the stench of the Deadskins/Cadavers is going to be here all year! LMAO!!

Y'all are HILARIOUS!!

As fate would have it, I'm in a good mood today, otherwise I'd talk a little trash.

Hell
To
The
Deadskins!

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

moe,

I don't see the Steelers making the playoffs this year. Call it gut feeling, but the QB deal might break them early. Cards changing QB's also tuff on their chances. All the hype with GB, can't forget the Saint's. Colt's getting injured players back with Manning at the helm. No wonder it's tuff picking the cream of the crop.

I'm sticking, GB over Cincy in the SB.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm sticking, GB over Cincy in the SB.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

GB I get, but there Cinci I doubt, Palmer is still a shell of the QB he was.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 8, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

hess, don't sleep on the Steelers...I think they go 11-5, a game behind Cincy. If they go 2-2 or better without Big Ben, they'll be fine. The D will probably look closer to the one we saw in '08 than the one we saw get raped by Bruce f-ing Gradkowski last year.

Damn, I can't wait for Sunday...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

I don't like Cincy for the SB or even a run in the playoffs. Their skill guys (Palmer, 85 and TO) are all on the decline. I agree with Moe that Dixon will impress. If Steelers are 4-0 and Dixon looks good getting them there, what do you following the bye if you're Tomlin?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 8, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

GB I get, but there Cinci I doubt, Palmer is still a shell of the QB he was.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 8, 2010 9:34 AM |

They have a good squad and good receivers. Again, the Colt's are still in the running.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

I see MrIrvin88 err….chia pet is up early this morning. Let me guess….we will soon be hearing from the “other” two cowboy trolls pretty soon as well, with their little “hehe’s”……

Anyway, lots of good back and forth about Haynesworth. The media is totally running this into the ground unlike anything I’ve ever seen. My two cents – he’s going to play and play well. We’ll all be happy Monday morning and then mid week the Post will come up with some more nonsense about Hayney being held out of practice or whatever, and they will seriously try to stretch out the drama all season long. As far as all of the back and forth, what people may forget is that IF Albert is in the and is “dogging it” for a play, he is still drawing a double or triple team. The offense HAS TO scheme for the guy when he’s in there, and even if he is dogging it (which I don’t think he will for the regular season games), he’s making two or three offensive lineman have to account for him. This alone will make the defense that much better. And look out if he actually plays hard…..he’s definitely in better shape than he was last season.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 9:27 AM

Insider will smell wonderful on Monday because YOU won't be here after the Girls lose. LOSER!!

Posted by: 2020doc | September 8, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

hess, don't sleep on the Steelers...I think they go 11-5

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 9:39 AM |

It's probably because both sides of my family are from Pittsburgh, and I have to live with the fact that they have all the bragging rights when it comes to football and hockey. I was born and raised here in VA so, HTTR !

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Now they expect me to show up on time for practice?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 8, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

AFC
Division Winners: Colts, Ravens, Pats, Chargers
Wildcards: Dolphins, Texans
Conference champs: Ravens

NFC
Division winners: Girls, Packers, Niners, Falcons
Wildcards: Saints, Panthers
Conference champs: Packers

Ravens over Packers in the Superbowl.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Hell
To
The
Deadskins!

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 9:27 AM

Honestly, you need a psychiatrist.

Posted by: abxinc | September 8, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

"..don't sleep on the Steelers.."

The stillers may have their own q-back issue should Dennis Dixon play up to what he looked like in the preseason.

The guy is an accurate thrower who can make plays with his legs as a runner.

And should the team be playing well offensively at the end of Big Ben's return from suspension, M Tomlin might be hard-pressed to sit Dixon.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

You are very true my coked-up friend, Dallas sucks, nothing to talk about here!
Also, don't forget to check your car periodically for any more crack pipes you, oops, I mean your 'brother-in-law' left, I'd hate to see you go to jail, AGAIN.
One more thing, the 80's called, they want the term Deadskins back, come up with something more original jack*ss.

Posted by: monk811 | September 8, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

moe, he's good, but man is he skinny...one solid hit, and he might literally break in half...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 8, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Seriously FatIrving?

You have absolutely NO room to talk about stupid owners. JJ's ego chased away his only truly successful coach (read Skip Bayless much, sjk-hole?), built a butt-ugly stadium that's a fire hazard with a giant TV in the middle (that's too low, btw), and is too ignorant not to be punk in drublic.

You can read between THESE lines, phukk0. Yes, I'm holding up 3 fingers.

So answer me this - what kind of excuses will you be peddling if you have the cojones (using South America's Team's vernacular so you're not confused) to show up on MOnday if you loose?

Don't sell me any BS that you're confident, 'cause you're not.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

As long as Dirty 30 stays away from some early personal fouls the defense should be fine.

I got Romo being sacked 6 times, fumbling once and throwing 2 picks.

Skins roll 33-20.

Posted by: elfreako | September 8, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Etrod - I'd be on the Houston bandwagon, but their schedule is absolutely brutal. If they didn't have to play the NFC East, maybe...

I see 3 from the AFC East - Pats, Jets, Fins. Colts, Ravens, Chargers.

Skins, Boys, Saints, Vikes, Pack, 49ers.

Pack over Vikes, Jets over Ravens, Pack over Jets in SB.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 8, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

I want the defense to be a jailbreak every time Romo goes back to pass......I'd also like to see KWilliams get some touch's on offense...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 8, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

"Redskins' defense is 'hyped' to take on Cowboys"

Well, that's great.

But it's the redskin offense that scares me.

Even if the redskin defense keeps the 'boys to, say 28 points, can our offense- score 29 on theirs?

The redskin defense has been more than adequate during these lean times.

But the real fear is, is the offense something to lean on?

We hope so.

We see the skins playing the 'boys tough and winning 32-21.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

Dik, if they were confident, they wouldn't be on a Redskins blog engaging us.

And I say we don't waste time or blood pressure points engaging them now...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

I think KWilliams will be a big success on 3rd down with his ability to catch out of the backfield. Even though I'd still like to see Portis back there some because of his blocking.

Posted by: monk811 | September 8, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Wow...who knew the most perfect take on the AH drama would come from H.B. Blades:

"I think he can still help us -- that's if he wants to," Blades said. "That's a decision that the organization has to make. Albert's a great player. . . . At the same time, Coach Shanahan and [G.M. Bruce] Allen, they're going to do what's best for the organization. Whatever it is, we're all for it."

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Brett Favre will turn back into a pumpkin this season.

Vikes go 9-7. You heard it here first.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Brett Favre will turn back into a pumpkin this season.

Vikes go 9-7. You heard it here first.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:10 AM

You give them slightly too much credit...I have 'em 8-8.

Favre is less than healthy, their WRs are in a shambles, the D is up and down. Add a tough schedule to that and I see disaster...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

hmmm, sounds like someone's batteries died in their vibrator and they haven't got any fresh ones.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

ty Brownie,

I relish opportunities to sjk on JJ or any other cow patty - trolled or not... hehe.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"Redskins' defense is 'hyped' to take on Cowboys"

Well damn, I would hope so!

Posted by: RedDMV | September 8, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

"I'd also like to see KWilliams get some touch's on offense..."

I say we see Kyle Shanahan call 'max protection' a few times early on to send S Moss and AA upfield against the 'boys corners.

D McNabb is an excellent deep ball thrower, and if we get some deep completions, we'll force their safeties to play back, and thus, open up the running game.

Usually, I'd like to see run-first, pass-second.

But this weekend, we should 'go for the throat' early on as the cowboy corners aren't all that.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

I want to be Reggie. I definitely do. Just to be in the same sentence – Albert Haynesworth, Reggie White – to be in the same sentence is amazing. And what I’m doing is, I just want to go out here and play ball. Like I tell my agent, everything else will take care of itself. I’ll go out there and do what I’m supposed to no matter what, everything else will take care of itself.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 8, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Moe,
I think the NFL is now a pass to score first league, then you run the ball in the 2nd half to control the game. At least thats my preference.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 8, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

moe

How about a nice play action pass down field first play, followed by a draw or a screen pass. Either the Cowboy's D will be confused or it'll be 3 and out.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:16 AM

Not a bad plan...but I think it's their safeties that have the potential to get got. That's why I have Cooley having a big game.

My real team AND my fantasy team are both counting on it...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

I'm pretty impressed that someone finally got DHall to talk to the media.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 8, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

AFC
Division Winners: Colts, Ravens, Pats, Chargers
Wildcards: Dolphins, Texans
Conference champs: Ravens

NFC
Division winners: Girls, Packers, Niners, Falcons
Wildcards: Saints, Panthers
Conference champs: Packers

Ravens over Packers in the Superbowl.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 9:48 AM

Hmmm, don't buy the Saints as a wild card. A team as well oiled as that plus they didn't lose a whole lot. I've got them back in the show. Playing the pack for the NFC. I'm not so sure about the AFC. That new Chargers RB looks like the real deal. I think I have them in there for the win. Saints over the Chargers in the SuperBowl.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 8, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Again, K Shanahan should attack the 'boys with 'max protection' and deep crossing routes.

Why?

20 Dallas Cowboys 16 15.6 250 344 572

For all the talk of Ratliff and Ware, the 'boys defense was ranked in the bottom of the league against the pass.

Teams completed 60 percent of the passes they threw at the 'boys' D even though it collected 42 sacks (this suggests to me their secondary sucks).

And so, max protect and 'go for the throat'!

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

@monk811,

My "Cadavers" term was original. Just an oversight on your part, I'm sure. Now admit that you have no business being in the HOF in the company the all-time greats. I guess your begging DID finally pay off. Some players, like Michael Irvin, got in the old-fashioned way - they earned it! Is it true that your HOF bust is winking as a tacit hint that your inclusion is a joke?

@NutShuttle,

I'll be here on Monday. Why wouldn't I?

1. The Cowboys will rudely remind Donovan McGimpp that his ankle has not healed and that we whipped him three times last year.
2. Your "stud" LT going against Ware and Olshansky will cement their spots in the ProBowl after just one game.
3. Portis is so slow that when the QB hands him the ball you could make a ham sandwich before he reaches the line of scrimmage. Not to mention that one more hit to the coconut and he's done! LMAO!
4. Rogers and Hall can't cover or tackle. Miles Austin will rack up so much YAC that it'll look like a misprint when the number is divulged.
5. We ordered a LOT of flour to make those buttermilk biscuits for Haynesworth that we will strategically place near both endzones. He is what he is, blind dreamers.

I'll be back. Promise.

Peace, Y'all.

Hell...To The...Deadskins!

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

We see the skins playing the 'boys tough and winning 32-21.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse
________

If our offense can put up 32 points against the prohibitive favorite to win the division, I'd be very happy, 'cause that'd mean that (1) Kyle and Mike's offensive gameplanning really is all that it's cracked up to be, (2) DM played like the DM of old, and (3) the 'Skins were able to take advantage of that weak dallas secondary. 32-21 would be a great final score.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | September 8, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Did someone say ham sandwiches?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 8, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

AFC West
Chargers 11-5
Raiders 7-9
Chiefs 5-11
Broncos 4-12

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I am very "hyped" and "feel good" about this game as well.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 8, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I'm pretty impressed that someone finally got DHall to talk to the media.

Posted by: freakzilla | September 8, 2010 10:25 AM |

I bet DHall couldn't even tackle Billy Kilmer.

Wobble and Win !!!!

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

I can honestly say we're ready, man. We're geared up and we're overhyped.

Posted by: DeAngelo_Hall | September 8, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Defensive Player of the Year- Brian Orakpo
Offensive Rookie of the Year- Ryan Mathews
Defensive Rookie of the Year- Ndamakong Suh

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | September 8, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 8, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

The Saints defense will be their undoing. They will be good, but I don't see them getting the bounces that they did last season and the Falcons will be legit.

The Chargers running back is legit but legit enough to balance out the fact that the team is still coached by Norv Turner. They are the Cowboys of the AFC. They will win their division but be one and done in the playoffs...again.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

I bet DHall couldn't even tackle Billy Kilmer.

Posted by: hessone | September 8, 2010 10:36 AM

If he can't tackle a 70 year older...then he needs to go.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 8, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Thirty Helen’s agree:

The Redskins will beat the Cowboys.

Thirty Helen’s agree.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Sorry about the double post...damn that's long...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Division Winners:

AFC - Colts, Pats, Chargers, Ravens
NFC - Redskins, Packers, Saints, 49ers
Wild Cards - Texans, Titans, Vikings, Giants

Playoffs:
Round 1 - Redskins over Giants, Vikings over 49ers, Pats over Titans, Texans over Chargers

Round 2 - Colts over Texans, Ravens over Pats, Redskins over Saints, Vikings over Packers

Round 3 - Colts over Ravens, Redskins over Vikings

Super Bowl - Redskins over Colts

It's in writing. I'll save this to claim my glory in February.

Posted by: psps23 | September 8, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

"Terrance Newman is garbage, but on the other side Mike Jenkins is not that bad. I too think the TEs have a big day to start out their big season."

They'll try to get away with man coverage on our wideouts early on, leaving their safeties in obvious mismatches against our TEs.

The 'boys will also play their safeties up to support the run game; completed deep passes will force them to help their corners.

Again: attack the cowboys secondary deep into the middle of the field with tight end crossing routes and wr's running 'go' routes.

We burned picks to get McNabb, let's spend game one letting him throw the ball to win.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 8, 2010 10:47 AM | Report abuse

The Skins and the Titians are supposed to be negotiating a AH trade. A couple of comments.

1. Do this mean that Kemo is the real deal and the Skins can part with AH with minimal damage? Kemo is recovering from a serious injury and if he is not fully recovered then offloading AH might hurt more than if Kemo were 100%.

2. AH might actually give back if the Skins sent him to the Titans. He would be back home where he can enjoy his toys (power boats, Ferraris, ATVs) year round. Not possible anywhere else.

3. The Titans and HC Fisher have dealt with this load before so they would not have as many treps as other teams considering acquiring him.

4. The Skins have to resign themselves to the fact that they are not going get much for the load. His skills have diminished and he has demonstrated that he could give TO and Keyshawn a serious run for their money in any headcase derby.

5. The report that the Skins were not satisfied with the Titans offer leads one to believe that they are not entirely serious about trading him. See 4. above. This trade talk report could be just another move in the head game between him and the Skins.

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Thirty Helen’s agree:

The Redskins will beat the Cowboys.

Thirty Helen’s agree.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

and pens are better than pencils.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Thirty Helen’s agree:

The Redskins will beat the Cowboys.

Thirty Helen’s agree.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

and pens are better than pencils.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

@monk811,
adave

Posted by: MrIrvin88 | September 8, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

You're right, I had never heard the word "Cadaver" before, and look, you were "Original" enough put put quotes on either side, how "inventive"!

Um, you're a joke! Everyone knows "Mr. Irvin" is one of the most "overrated" recievers in history, or should I say, the "weak link of the triplets". But you know, they let overrated players in the HOF all the time, just ask Tony Dorsett.
I, or should I say Art Monk, actually has HOF caliber stats, which is more than I can say about you. I think the only stat you beat me in is arrests. I never begged to get in, I "earned it!!!" So when is your next "apology" and "excuse" for drug possession and rape that you apparently "didn't do"?

Posted by: monk811 | September 8, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Wow psps23...at least you didn't make a homer pick...haha

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Thirty Helen’s agree:

The Redskins will beat the Cowboys.

Thirty Helen’s agree.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

and pens are better than pencils.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Thirty Helen’s agree:

The Redskins will beat the Cowboys.

Thirty Helen’s agree.

Posted by: dlhaze1 | September 8, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

and pens are better than pencils.

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Don't worry, I'm not giving back any of my money. I want to retire as a Redskin!

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 8, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Not to trying to stir the sh*t pot here, but I can't understand why people like to crack their faces up and get all pissy when DeAngelo Hall talks to the media.

Why? Because he didn't go on some anti-Haynesworth rant like everyone's hero, London Fletcher?

That he doesn't sugar-code sh*t?

Dude speaks his mind, and doesn't give a rat fu*k if you like it or not. Everyone's other hero, John Riggins does the same thing, and bamas line up to throw rose pedals at his feet.

It's not like Hall has been going against the team concept or has underperformed. All he's done is fallen in line and been productive since he's been here. What's with the snide and snarky comments when it comes to Hall, or Portis for that matter?

The Haynesworth discontent? Totally get that one... Portis and Hall bashing? Would never figure that one out with all three tutorials of Hooked on Phonics, Rosetta Stone, and Your Baby Can Read.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 8, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Wow. Haze?! Look at the Bass Player.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Thanks to Original_E*Trade and Brownjuice for their posts. The only thing we like better than scrolling through blogs is root canal work.

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I thought you got shot?

Posted by: Original_etrod | September 8, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Mike Jenkins is not good.........

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 8, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

I know I'm probably the one only watching ESPN First Take (not just on the blog, but in the U.S. of A), but if anyone has seen Bob Glauber on here dude is epically awful...sounds like the type that can't form a coherent thought unless it's written for him on a teleprompter...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | September 8, 2010 10:52 AM |

Peeps don't like jocks who are motor mouths. They are paid to play, not beat their gums.

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Roses have Pedals? Does that make 'em go?

Srsly, tho... some people don't like flash. Skins fans especially don't like flash. Riggo gets a pass 'cause he's covered in hog dirt. Isn't he a Jet fan anyway?

But the whole 'Canes ethic rubs most skins fans I know the wrong way. So when someone who exhibits this fails at all, they jump on it - skin or not...

Drives me nuts.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

I will say that if Jasno/Cindy were still running this blog, there would multiple updates/analysis instead of these lame (duh!) posts...

Posted by: nojunk4me | September 8, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

The Skins and the Titians are supposed to be negotiating a AH trade.

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:48 AM

They are? I hadn't heard anything...

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 8, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:54 AM

You're welcome. Now shut up and post yours.

Red, don't sweat DHall...once he gets his 6 picks (two for TDs) this year, everyone will show him the love in the form of purchasing his Pro Bowl jersey. Dude rubs some people the wrong way because he talks loud all week and then blows tackles against old, slow QBs on Sunday. He gets back to his Atlanta form this year and all is forgiven...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I don't think we'll get any value for AH until closer to the trade deadline... NFL would want to see him actually play before they give up scratch

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

ryp, its something PFT is floating, allegedly there is a hang up on what the Redskins get back in compensation...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 8, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

reed beeps...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | September 8, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

What's all this trade talk? Is AH unhappy or something?

Posted by: PlayAction | September 8, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Mike Jenkins is not good.........

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 8, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Dude was an all American at USF and had 5 INTs and a bunch of tackles in his first full year last saeson. This will be his third year. I expect him to be pretty good.
With that said the Cowboy Killa is gonna torch his @ss.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 8, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence

Cooley talks to the media ALL the time. Takes pictures of his junk on the internet, has a blog, bleach blonds his hair, pulls pranks on teammates -- that he video tapes. Dude is probably one of the biggest media wh*res on the team... where is the same sentiment regarding him? Not saying it's race at all, but the Hall discontent or whatever you wanna call it runs much deeper than 'beating his gums'.

What you said would hold water if Hall were chasing down reporters pleading for them to talk to him. They don't. They come to him and ask him questions.

What is the guy suppose to say? No comment on every question? Give 'yes' and 'no' answers.

Face it: We live in an opinionated society. Anyone posting up here should know this first and foremost. You're not going to agree or like everything someone has to say. A person gives their opinion and you either agree or agree to disagree. Simple as that no need for huffing and sighing every time you read a Hall quote or suggest that he's not paid to "beat his gums".

Especially when they, the media, are the ones asking the questions. It isn't like he's calling for them to gather around his locker so he can get on his stool and start a sermon. They come to him. They ask questions. He gives answers.

Posted by: RedDMV | September 8, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

RedD, where did Cooley f-up? & Cooley doesn't smack it up like the other guys, does he?

It's a prankster ethic, not a swagger ethic. Just my 2 cents, 'cause your observation is right.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 8, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

"dude is epically awful...sounds like the type that can't form a coherent thought unless it's written for him on a teleprompter..."

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 8, 2010 10:57 AM

Ummmm...Like Obama?

Too easy, man. Too easy.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | September 8, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: LibertyValence | September 8, 2010 10:58 AM

Hall has been beating his gums since he was in Atlanta; Jim Rome used to have him on every other day.

For the most part, the dude backs up his sh!t.

Posted by: smokeybear2 | September 8, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

"..don't sleep on the Steelers.."

Steelers offensive line is not very good. They are also replacing Santonio Holmes. Hines ward is 34 and has been slowly declining every year. The Steelers are going to struggle to run the ball this year. Their Oline is going to have trouble protecting whoever is the QB. Defense will be very good but won't be enough in that division.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 8, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Cooley will have a monster game running slants and going down the seams (2 td's). When they realize that, their run D will soften up. Then we'll feed them Portis followed by LJohnson in the 4th. Play action will be huge all nite which will benefit the outside receivers a few times. Watch. Here's a premonition, I predict that Demarcus Ware gets injured in this game. I called it.

Posted by: mustang_johnny1 | September 8, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Albert will play awesome (although I don't like him as a person). He'll crunch Romo into the ground early and that will rattle him. We know how he plays when he is rattled. DHall and LLandry each interept one. LFletcher recovers fumble created by Orakpo. Run D will be a bit soft unfortunately but Romo will have a miserable game. Skins Win - 24-20

Posted by: mustang_johnny1 | September 8, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

Please, anyone who knows football knows that Irvin getting in HOF before Monk is not only irrational but also irresponsible. The drug addict gets in before Mr. Character in spite of Monk having better stats? The only thing idolizing someone like Irvin is good for is to show the kids that losers do make it to the top sometimes and that you can get away with anything as long as you are a good athlete.

Posted by: mustang_johnny1 | September 8, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Two words will explain why Riggo can run his mouth and Hall can't:

70 chip