Santana Moss says Redskins' new 3-4 defense has been tough to practice against

Although it's early, the Redskins' new 3-4 defensive scheme has impressed top wideout Santana Moss.

"It's pretty tough, you know, the 3-4 defense in practice," Moss said. "If we don't have to see that all the time in games it's going to make a lot of things easier. In practice, it's really hard. I mean, those guys flyin' around, doin' a lot of things. But that's what makes you better, going against a tough defender every day, going against your best every day.

"When you get out there in a game format, with a team not at the same caliber, then we should really be able to some things great. But it's hard to be great [in] practice because they know us for one, and then we're seeing all this movement and doing this and that. We take advantage of anything we can when we get it. But it's been a tough road for us."

By Jason Reid  |  August 13, 2010; 11:00 AM ET
Categories:  3-4 defense , Santana Moss
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeAngelo Hall 'just lookin' to hit somebody else'
Next: New-look Redskins to get first crack at game action on Friday night

Comments

Praise or already setting up excuses?

Posted by: HTTR | August 13, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

...for defense and offense, respectively.

Posted by: HTTR | August 13, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

shanahantana mosh

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | August 13, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

I get the feeling that Haslett believes in a lot of bump and run coverage and this is a weak area for Moss. I bet he doesn't like going up against that every day in practice.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Praise or already setting up excuses?

Posted by: HTTR | August 13, 2010 11:06 AM |

I say praise. I have never heard Moss offer excuses for anything. He might not be the most eloquent of speakers but did you hear the sound-byte from yesterday? He was asked about how much playing time he was expecting for tonight's pre-season opener v. Buffalo and he said something to the effect of just strapping on his helmet and playing as long as he is asked to. He said he was willing to do what ever the coaching staff asked him to do.

Dude, I love that guy. Moss is a great team player.

I want to start calling him "Marlboro Red"

....because he's a COWBOY KILLER.

Go get 'em Moss. You're an effing beast!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

It's a shame I won't be able to catch the game tonight. But I will feel the wrath of the traffic due to the game. I'll be traveling to Philly tonight! Wish I could listen to the game the whole way...:( Wish I had slingbox or FloTV for this. Faaaaaaaailllllllll!!!!

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | August 13, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game? If camp is any indication, expect Fred Davis and Kareem Moore to impress. I think Terrence Austin is going to surprise some folks tonight, and don't be suprised if Torain takes it to the house. Speed kills and the Bills don't have a lot of it...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

I hope so too. Nothing would please me more than the offense averaging 30 pts a game (unless it's 31 pts...or 32...or 33...)

Posted by: HTTR | August 13, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

SNYDER NOMINATED FOR NOBEL PEACE PRIZE

LANDOVER, MD – Members of the Nobel Committee are flying in from Norway to be among the dignitaries and special guests expected to attend tonight's preseason opening football game between the host Washington Redskins and the visiting Buffalo Bills.

Committee members want to determine if Redskin owner Dan Snyder deserves international recognition for his annual act of bringing hope and the promise of change to the hapless NFL franchise and fan base for America’s capital city.

This is the same committee that awarded President Barrack Obama its Peace Prize for allegedly bringing hope to a troubled world, despite the fact the president had only been in office for less than two months and had yet to accomplish anything of real significance when he received his award.

“It’s an annual rite for Washington fans,” explained Rolf Laarsen, a Nobel committee member. “Every year or two, Mr. Snyder brings in a new coach and another new set of overpaid marquee players, and every year the fans go all out, drink the kool aid, buy the merchandise, and start the season with the delusion that this might finally be the year when the team breaks out of its decade-long funk and competes for a championship.”

This year’s coach is the legendary Mike Shanahan, who led the Denver Broncos to Superbowl victories in 1997 and 1998. This year’s set of marquee players are led by aging quarterback Donovan McNabb, traded from the Philadelphia Eagles in the off-season for a couple of draft picks – and rookie Trent Williams, an offensive tackle from the University of Oklahoma who was the fourth overall selection in this year’s college draft.

While no one outside of Washington really expects this team to be much better or worse than the other mediocre teams of the “Snyder era,” the difference this year appears to be that Snyder “finally learned his lesson” and decided to entrust his enterprise to a “real professional football man.” He hired a new general manager, Bruce Allen -- son of former Redskin coach George Allen -- to run the team’s front office and help it dig out from the long debacle of former vice president for football operations -- and continuing close Snyder confidante -- Vinny Cerrato.

Also among the invited guests for tonight’s game are members of the Vatican’s inner sanctum – who have been asked to determine whether Snyder can be beatified for sainthood while he is still alive.

“Dan truly has people believing in miracles again,” explained one bishop with the Vatican team, “and again, despite all evidence to the contrary. The truth is, this team hasn’t improved much from last year and will probably be lucky to go 7-9 this season –- but that’s not going to stop the diehards from believing again that this could be the year when it all comes together for them.”

He concluded, “But if by some remote chance such a miracle would happen here, well then we would want to be here to witness it too.”

Posted by: Vic1 | August 13, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game? If camp is any indication, expect Fred Davis and Kareem Moore to impress. I think Terrence Austin is going to surprise some folks tonight, and don't be surprised if Torain takes it to the house. Speed kills and the Bills don't have a lot of it...

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 11:15 AM

I know what I'd like to see: D-Mc stretching the field, CP/LJ breaking a couple decent runs, nice O-Line performance/protection and solid play from the unveiling of Washington's 3-4 D.

If I had to guess, I bet we will see some solid play from Sexy Rexy. He is a great backup and knows this O very, very well. He might light up the Bills' backups.

That's my guess.

What I DON'T WANT TO SEE is CP trying to kill someone on a blitz pickup or heaven forbid, an interception. I DON'T want to see the O-line looking like a busted dam. I don't want to see the defense thinking too hard to the point where their athletic ability is canceled out. I don't want to see any injuries.

As Joe Jackson Gibbs astutely noted about 20 years ago, "Nothing means less than pre-season."

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

The past two years, our offense practiced against a defense that ran the most basic 4-3 with no blitzes, fakes, etc. So they thought we could go into games and score. But that never happened obviously. Now, our offense is practicing against a beast defense and will be far more prepared for game situations and the good defenses we will face this year.

More reason for me to have Kool-Aid for lunch. Which I will.

Posted by: Section104 | August 13, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Please tell me I am not the only one who doesn't bother to read Vic1's War and Peace entries that don't impress ANYONE?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

santana moss is the 'cowboy killer'? really? redskins lose every year to the cowboys and that won't change this year either. donovan mcscabb is an eagle-turd picked out of the garbagecan by snyder. one man's trash is another man's treasure, i guess. 9/12/10.

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

vic is getting up there in the ita realm of posters....just this side of a cowboy fan...

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 13, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse
______

I would agree that 'Tana doesn't really like bump and run as much. He's a small guy, and his game is using his speed and precise routes to get open. Physicality isn't his strongpoint. I believe Santana is the Z receiver again this year (am I correct anyone?). If so, 'Tana's speed should hypothetically reduce the initial jam and then the bumping down the route. Z is certainly probably more of natural position for him than the X.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Any free tix?

Posted by: luvdc808 | August 13, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I only have 30 minutes for lunch and I'm not waisting a moment on his dribble. Unfortunately, just seeing others write about him probably makes him dribble in his pants.

Posted by: AZborn | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse
______

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:31 AM
------------------------------------------
i would say no reciver likes the bump and run...the reciever's objective is to not let the DB get his hands on him..they all want a clean break off the line...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

i guess i should have said one man's sh!t is another man's fertilizer. my bad. won't happen again. he-he-he.

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Re: Jason Shambles and all the responders

I said I'm not tracking Shambles' mediocrity from a distance anymore, and I'm not. The "mea culpa" has to do with acknowledging that after 50+ starts of mediocrity here in DC we can write the requiem on Shambles' career as a Redskin and reasonably call it and his overall performance a "failure".

Though I fully expect Shambles to "entertain" the Oakland fanbase with lots of checkdowns to RBs and TEs, lots of double-clutching, lots of deep balls that don't find their mark, lots of passes on 3rd down thrown short of the marker, and lots of non-appearances in the playoffs; I for one won't be updating us on all that.

For people attempting to draw a pre-mature connection of the situation to DMac if he falters tonight; that is just dumb. How has McNabb fared over his last 50+ starts??? Please. The whole idea of drawing any kind of connection between the careers/game performances between Shambles and DMac smacks of the delusional and ridiculous kinds of arguments that the JC Defense Union used to spin up here regularly.

The only time Shambles and DMac should be named is the same sentence is when you are saying something like "Shambles is nowhere near the caliber of QB that DMAC is."

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM |

You're right, 'Tana has no right to be seen as a player that snatched (literally) victory out of the jaws of a 4th quarter defeat against the Romosexual Cowpatties in their own house.

It's funny too that there's only one NFL coach who is undefeated at the old Texas stadium - before they tore it down.....

Jim Zorn.

I think it's funny when you have to deal with that and the fact that you FINALLY won a playoff game in the 21st century that you talk that crap. Dude, didn't your momma hug you enough as a child? If you're that confident about your team of fagggots, why do you get so bent? Probaly because you are a loser bandwagoner who is a life-long outsider and can't do anything save for spewing of the negative.

By the way, that last check your mom wrote me bounced. Tell that biotch to link up with Dez Bryants mom and get a damn job!

Loser.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

This is the second post this morning from JReid without any negative BS he usually puts in...could this be the change I was hoping for or is JReid setting things up to ambush with later?

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I think Vic1 is the only one who reads his entries. I took one look at the heading, and hit my down arrow.

Posted by: frediefritz | August 13, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse
______

You're absolutely right in that no receiver likes bump and run. I failed to properly articulate part of my point, which was that I think Moss, given his small stature and the fact that he has to rely on his speed and elusiveness to get open and make catches, is probably more seceptible to bump and run than other bigger and stronger receivers, like say, a hypothetical developed and productive Devin Thomas. Some patterns are going to take you into contact whether you like it or not, and bigger receivers are probably better than Moss at those.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Some use it to their advantage. TO made a name as guy that would kill you in bump and run. Currently Andre J and B Marshall eat up this coverage.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Right. Because being young, black, and from the inner city automatically means you're a "dope smoker". It also means that he's committed several other felonious crimes. Pick which ones you want -- any of the crimes that people associate with blacks would do, I guess:

Rape
Drug Trafficking/Possession
Robbery
Murder

If you weren't black (allegedly) then I'd assume you were one of the guys who leaves comments on Yahoo political articles. I'd let you guess the content to about 85% of those...

You said you went to private school, right? If so, it would explain a lot. Private school and Ivy League attendees always act like their sh*t don't stink and tend to look down on the less educationally privileged. They also think they're better than anyone raised in the "inner city". Or *in my privileged snobby voice* "The Ghetto".

Posted by: RedDMV | August 13, 2010 11:07 AM

First of all, Red...don't take yourself so damn seriously. I mean really...if DeAngelo Hall were a white dude named Donny Hall I would have said the exact same thing. His race has nothing to do with it and no surprise you're the only one who even took it there. That was OBVIOUSLY an attempt at humor, not a racial thing.

Ironically, most of the people I know that smoke weed are white kids, and every stoner movie I've seen features--you guessed it--white kids so I don't get why a joke about weed immediately sent your mind to "bringin' down the black man".

And for the record, yes I am predominantly black and I did go to private school. The one I went to was every bit as good/bad as any other suburban D.C. high school only we had tuition and bible class. It wasn't for the affluent and well off--it was more about a religious thing. But hey...why let facts get in the way? I mean, it's not like you didn't fly off the handle about making what you perceived as a generalization or stereotype and follow it up with your own misplaced generalization about private school kids. Surely you see the hypocrisy there.

So if you wanna overreact and make EVERYTHING into a racial issue, go check out Jesse Jackson's blog or something. He's always good for crap like that...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:37 AM

Way to feather in excuses for McNabb, p1funk! If he looks horrible and comparisons are made to Campbell, that's the way the cookie crumbles. McNabb hasn't done squat in a Redskins uniform so he gets cut no slack. None.

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: AZborn | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM |

AZborn, that's actually funny - and I agree. I bet Vic1 copies his mother on these in an effort to get them put on the 'fridge or something. Nothing like a wannabe writer - and we all know that's his angle - to gum up the works in here.

We're all already reading a bunch of crap most of the time from Jason, we don't need it from a hack, wannabe, never-was living in a van down by the river.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Really? Every year? It's 5-5 in the last 10 meetings, moron. You have the edge in overall regular season record; we have you blanked in postseason matchups (the ones that REALLY count).

Of course you didn't know this. Not that I would expect someone of your intelligence level to understand concepts like "researching facts" and "being able to count numbers".

Stop blogging up here and sounding like an idiot. Your stuff is only reinforcing the low opinion people hold of your fanbase. Go do something your are good at like roping queers.

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

"Santana Moss says Redskins' new 3-4 defense has been tough to practice against"

The 3-4/4-3 hybrid look will succeed for a variety of reasons:

bump n run coverage

pre-snap fronts that confuse protection schemes

greater rotation of players

more blitzing

better use of safeties

players put into position to make plays rather than just playing a scheme

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Translation: I haven't been getting open.

Posted by: MadeRED | August 13, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

pfunk, JC is gone. So should this debate...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM

Brown, nicely put. I guess for purposes of full disclosure, I am a white guy, multi-degreed, executive level, private schooled dude and I buy my weed from a white guy in a similar socioeconomic strata.

Buying weed in the hood or from some 'brotha on the 'cona only gets you light bags of crap bud anyway.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:41 AM

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 11:43 AM

agreed to both points...although in most recent years (since he was fired from Philly)...the bump and run has been T.O.'s nemesis...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 10peterbilt | August 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM |

P1funk....Strong man, strong.

LOL@ roping queers!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: ahwyatt | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

How is this response relevant to anything that I wrote? Do you need some reading comprehension courses?

My comment was about comparing DMac's last 50 starts with Campbell's.

WTH are you talking about?

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

pfunk, JC is gone. So should this debate...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:49 AM

It's not even a debate. p1funk is pumpin' his stump.

Posted by: beep-beep | August 13, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Does Santana mean that Carlos Rogers has finally caught onto the double moves? That would be great news indeed.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | August 13, 2010 11:54 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:41 AM

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 11:43 AM

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Oh true that, i should have said formerly when referring to TO. I have also heard Steve smith(good one)and Ochocinco talk about their preference of bump and run. Pretty much if your physical but still fast you can handle the initial contact then gain a step off of them. Anquan Boldin would be another guy that sheds corners when they try to hit him at the line.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Someone has probably already asked, but I am too lazy to check - any chance you think I can find the game online anywhere (like I can usually find Caps games?)

Thanks.

Posted by: suzannepdc | August 13, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Nothing expresses more discontent for players than a cute and funny spin-off of their name.

Like "Shambles".... BwahahahahahahahahahahWoooooooooooooHooo-HoooooBwahahahahahahahaha....

It sounds like 'Campbell' but it's 'Shambles'. Ha-ha......

Ha. Funny.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 13, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HughGRection | August 13, 2010 11:54 AM

Hope they don't fool him with the fly once he gets the double move down...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Hey 'Boys' fans, here are some numbers for you: 11 sacks in 2 preseason games and 4 sacks by the starters last night in the first 2 quarters. Those are the numbers by your new and "improved" OL. I cannot wait for Orakpo, Carter and Haynie to humiliate your OL on Sept. 12.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 13, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

madeRed

"Translation: I (S Moss) haven't been getting open."

This is a bidness year for Santana.

He will be hidden in 'stack' and 'bunch' and 'trips' sets with a decent deep ball thrower in McNabb sending rockets his way upfield.

He is not and and never was an 'X' receiver, and the Shanahans know that.

A big year for him means a nice final contract, something all players want when they know their time is about up.

But if he has the same kind of middlin' numbers posted during the Campbell regime, I'd say he's a goner.

The redskin wide receiver group will change a great deal between now and next Fall.

We've already circled Julio Jones from 'Bama, round one.

I wonder if 'Tana will be apart of the change or an ex-redskin.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks.

Posted by: suzannepdc | August 13, 2010 11:58 AM
---------------------------------------
if you're asking about tonight's game its on NFLN @ 8pm...if you have that chanel...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Yes, only high school kids are buying off the streets.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 13, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

*****
Thanks! I just assumed it would only be on locally (and I'm in Texas). Thanks.

Posted by: suzannepdc | August 13, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I think it's funny to listen to Santana Moss talk. He's one of the dumbest sounding people around.

Posted by: baskert | August 13, 2010 12:04 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to see Albert take a dump on Tony Homo.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Drugs are bad. mmmkay?

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 13, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

"My comment was about comparing DMac's last 50 starts with Campbell's."

Who cares about either of their last 50 starts? McNabb's were as an Eagle and Campbell is no longer on the team.

Seriously, what are you arguing? That McNabb has had a better career than Campbell?

Wow, what a revelation.

Posted by: psps23 | August 13, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

(and I'm in Texas)

My condolences mam.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 13, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

We've already circled Julio Jones from 'Bama, round one.

I wonder if 'Tana will be apart of the change or an ex-redskin.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

If Julio dont do it fo ya. AJ Green(ga) J Baldwin(pit) Michael Floyd(nd) Terrance Toliver(lsu). Some great WRS scoming out next year. I rthink all of these guys are 6'3 and above too....maybe next year is the year we draft and develop? a wide receiver. But tonight its game time, im excited.

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

I'll be watching Adam Carriker carefully. According to Keim, he's been dominating Artis Hicks. I want to see if he can do the same to whichever Bill he lines up against. If not, we might have a problem at RG.

And, hey, no Cowpies trolls (so far). I can just FEEL the average IQ of posters on this forum rising . . .

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 13, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: baskert | August 13, 2010 12:04 PM |

That's hilarious and speaks volumes about your judgment.

Have you ever listend to Albert Haynesworth speak? He is as articulate as any white attorney, yet, he is of some of the lowest moral fiber of any professional athlete, or human for that matter, I have ever seen, anywhere, period.

Moss wasn't brought here to negotiate inside the UN nor is he teaching English Literature at Georgetown University. What you fail to recognize is that he's one of THE BEST 5 PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER - PERIOD.

So go get yourself a Rhodes Scholar and put him in front of a raging, rushing Brian Orakpo. See what that gets ya.

I love Moss, I wish everyone in their respective positions was as talented and as committed.

You, however, are a fat bag of doosh.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

"Drugs are bad. mmmkay?"

The sad thing is the worst ones are sold over the counter at a drug store.

And the drug the kills the most people--nicotine--it only has the endorsement of Joe Camel and the government.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiesSkins | August 13, 2010 12:00 PM |

HokiesSkins dropping the knowledge and the facts.....in a strong way.

Dayyyuuummmmm.

Can you be flagged for a personal foul if you fart on someone? I think Haynesworth needs to stink up his butt and down a few bean burritos before the game opening night.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 13, 2010 12:12 PM

I'll be scouting Gano tonight for my fantasy team, as my lone skins representatitve (thought I would lower the forum IQ back to the normal range)

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

My hope is that the first team offense conducts and orderly 10 play scoring drive (touchdown, please) with no injuries, and promptly leaves the field.

After that, I have no interest as it's just preseason, y'all.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"And for the record, yes I am predominantly black..."

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM

Are you Tiger's brother?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

In the second half, I'm gonna be watching Capers and Cooke to see if the can play O line.

Very curious to see if Lo Alexander breaks out.

Can't wait to see what Banks does on returns

Posted by: edvar | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

"We've already circled Julio Jones from 'Bama, round one."

I have to admit, it is pretty sad that if all goes as we hope and expect during the season (as in McNabb plays well, Carriker and Haynesworth look great, o-line meshes, etc.), wide receiver could yet again be our number one need next year.

Ugh, Vinny Ceratto...

Posted by: psps23 | August 13, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Here's hoping we're not wearing white pants that night...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 12:24 PM | Report abuse

"And, hey, no Cowpies trolls (so far)."

Oh. It's only 11:27 and they're still asleep in their parents' basement. My bad.

Posted by: rufus_t_firefly | August 13, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:14 PM
=----------------------------------
i knew you Albert hatered would surface soon...you are a racist peice of sh!t..and you need to go elsewhere...fcuking HOMO

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:14 PM

Well said, sir.

Posted by: wireman65 | August 13, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM

...true dat (cosign)

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM

So how many associate degrees do you have exactly? Because there's no way you are a "multi-degreed, executive level, private schooled dude."

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Are you Tiger's brother?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM

No...but if I were, best believe I wouldn't be on RI, but on some of that scattered ass that you know he was rollin' with. Hell, I might be inclined to make a bid to keep Elin in the family...

psps23, don't worry about WR...if Vincent Jackson isn't a Redskin this year, bet on seeing him sign here as a FA. I'll bet that's the only reason this deal hasn't happened yet...Bruce knows he can get him next offseason for less money and without compensating that d-bag A.J. Smith in San Diego.

Good to have a GM that doesn't panic and overpay...

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

So D Hall is black?

Say bw26, you gotta a joint?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

"And for the record, yes I am predominantly black..."

Posted by: brownwood26 | August 13, 2010 11:44 AM

Are you Tiger's brother?

Posted by: learnedhand1 |

He's Barrack Obama.

I still don't believe he's mostly black anyway. Did you see him throw out the first pitch opening night at Nationals Stadium?

....He's white.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

"Anyone want to take a guess of who will stand out in tonight's game?"

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:21 PM

...true dat (cosign)

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:28 PM
---------------------------------------
for real...co-sign also

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 12:29 PM |

There's no way? Ok. You're right. HAHAHAHAHA. I'll remember to feel bad when i dip out early today in my fine European sedan, stop for an over-priced cocktail or two in Georgetown and then take some lucky woman back to my ridiculous house, actually, about a block from Tiger's in-laws.

Keep struggling doosh bag.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Say bw26, you gotta a joint?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 12:33 PM
----------------------------------
do they still call them joints?...i thought everything now was...a blunt..an el..or puffin on lye

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

"And, hey, no Cowpies trolls (so far)."

And you won't see them, either.

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 12:29 PM |

This is fun now.

An no, I should't be referred to as racist for ripping Fat Albert. How can that be? How can I pull for Moss as I have been in this thread all morning. Can one be 'selectively racist'? It defeats your entire argument, entirely. The only people I really hate are lazy one. I guess I am a Laz-ist. Something tells me you're on that list too.

I have said and will continue to say that Haynesworth is a thief and a liar. That said, the minute he falls on Tony the Romosexual so hard that dude's guts pop out his mouth, all will be forgiven.

I think people that toss around the 'you're a racist' comments willy-nilly should be beaten to death, gladiator style as the Super Bowl halftime show. I know I would volunteer to bloody my fists for that one.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

Say bw26, you gotta a joint?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 12:33 PM
----------------------------------

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:39 PM

Damn I really need to know...don't wanna embarrass myself calling it a joint...kids will kick my ass!

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

any way i can watch the game on line tonight ?

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

jcnjcnj-

just rolling with the classic line from dazed and confused.

I'm pretty sure the cool kids are caliing them marijuana cigarettes.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Say bw26, you gotta a joint?

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 12:33 PM
----------------------------------

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:39 PM

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM |

Joint, bone, sh*t, spliff, doobie, J, Chronic, Chron, hippy lettuce, Mary Jane, Hydro, Crunch, Koosh, herb, 420, smoke, grass, weed, herbals and the stickiest of the icky.

Shut up and pass it my way and stop drooling on the end you Bogart.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Justin Timberlake

Snookie

Sookie

LeBron

Kim Kardashian

Bill Clinton

Moe rolls with letter 'e'

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Hope they don't fool him with the fly once he gets the double move down...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse
-------------------------

What the SJK happened?

He ran straight, boss. HE RAN STRAIGHT! Oh, the humanity!

Posted by: mattsoundworld | August 13, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM
----------------------------------------
you don't want to see me...i punish
be-etch's like you

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

any way i can watch the game on line tonight ?

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 12:49 PM

I'll forward your question to the Help Desk. Thank you.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I'll chime in on who will stand out tonight. McNabb and Haynesworth. McNabb because you will be surprised the Redskins gave up a pick for him and Haynesworth because even after 'passing' a conditioning test he will be taken off the field on a cart because he's winded like a beached whale.

Enjoy the game tonight and remember that a dose of humility goes a long way toward recognizing that your team is what it is --woeful but hopefully getting better.

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM
----------------------------------------
the classic racist position..."i have a black friend....

and i notice you offered no despute for my HOMO comment...so at lest your not a lier

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

dispute..my bad typing too fast

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 12:59 PM

Thanks for visiting...now move along...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Another thing, the reason you see so many Cowboys fans in the local area is simple: We work here, we live here, we raise our families here, but we're not from here. Now stop piling on the Cowboys, you chumps!

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

"BTW, since you're curious, my degrees can be translated essentially into "Smoking Fools" and "Owning Chumps"."

This dude is more self-deluded about his trash-talking prowess than Michael Scott is about his stand-up comedy ability.

Posted by: psps23 | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM

I never called you a racist. You are, however, very immature. I'm guessing we won't be seeing much of you during the day when school starts.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

I'm liking more and more the packages on offense with both Cooley and Davis. This will hide our ineptness in the WR spots.

Posted by: joeboggs | August 13, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

I hate blacks and whites equally, and don't get me started on the Asians, except those in the female 18-22 demographic.

Posted by: Diesel44 | August 13, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: skinsfan713 | August 13, 2010 11:31 AM
------------------------------------------

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 11:36 AM
------------------------------------------
I think you're 90 percent right. The exception to the rule is a big, physical receiver like Brandon Marshall. If I am him, I want you to get in my face because I'm going to run right through you. I owuld like to see Fred Davis occasionally lined up wide and do this same kind of thing.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for visiting...now move along...

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM
-------------------------------
Thank you...this is no place for a Romosexual...

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Yeah I havent heard joint since like 98'. Dutch, El, Bleazy, Blizzle, or my personal favorite, "Elron"

Posted by: ElPresidente1984 | August 13, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedSkinHead | August 13, 2010 1:07 PM
-------------------------------------
Yes, you're right.. I acknowledge that point earlier...and Fred was recriuted to play WR at USC...so he very well could do this..especially in the red-zone

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

So your responsible for the crack influx in this area, you should be ashamed

Posted by: Stu27 | August 13, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

any way i can watch the game on line tonight ?

Posted by: suliman215
Go to p2p4u I watched all the skins game there last year

Posted by: richardgovea | August 13, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: ElPresidente1984 | August 13, 2010 1:10 PM

Nice...thanks alot...guess I'll use Elron when I'm in a pinch.

Posted by: PlayAction | August 13, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 12:46 PM

Posted by: learnedhand1 | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM |

I think you might be right. I'll be busy nailing your wife within 5 minutes of your kids catching the short bus.

Tell her to have my coffee ready biotch.

Owned.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

And for the record, yes I am predominantly black...

Posted by: brownwood26

Obviously you didn't read the disclaimer. I told you not to get all emotional and get your feelings hurt. But it's obvious that I struck a nerve.

I don't give a damn what you say, if his name was 'Liam Schmidt' I highly doubt you would've associated him with smoking weed. If it was just some random jokey-joke, then why weed? Don't even try and run that dumb sh*t past me. You know damn well you consider DeAngelo Hall to amongst all the other "thugs" and "tattooed freaks" that "plague" sports. You can claim that I'm stirring the race pot all you want, but the sh*t you post sometimes is very telling about who and what you are.

Or what you try to be.

And what's the deal with the "predominantly black" bullsh*t. You either are or you aren't. What's your daddy? Whatever he is, then what you are. What's your complexion? If its dark and your ancestry can be traced back to Africa, then guess what? You are black. Sorry to disappoint you, brown. I bet you're one of those clowns who claims they're 60% of African decent, 30% of European decent, 5% Asain, and 5% Middle Eastern.

There is only one person that I know of who is "Cablasian" and that's becuase he the only one stupid enough to come up with that sh*t. What fancy ethnic background have you conjured up for yourself -- so you don't have to be ashamed of being black.

LOL... classic "house negro" mentality. I bet when your boss calls out sick, you look at it as "we sick boss".

If you hate your skin that much, take pointers from Sammy Sosa on how to feel better about your condition.

Posted by: RedDMV | August 13, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM |

Sounds like an illegal to me....

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 13, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: RedDMV | August 13, 2010 1:24 PM
-------------------------------------------
Tiger knows how black he is now...you bet that...or as they up here..."book it"

Posted by: jcnjcnj | August 13, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Should be on www.channelsurfing.net or go to justin.tv and search for redskins. There's another site www.atdhe.net that has almost every live sporting event slingboxed up on the net.
----------------------------

Thanks.

Posted by: withoutanet | August 13, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

how about a pft post to lighten the mood.....?

Posted by: BeantownGreg1 | August 13, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

any way i can watch the game on line tonight ?

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 12:49 PM

I'll forward your question to the Help Desk. Thank you

thank you you are nice guy and making funn of ppl

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

@richardgovea
that you very much i will try that

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 1:40 PM | Report abuse

@richardgovea

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

any way i can watch the game on line tonight ?

Posted by: suliman215 | August 13, 2010 12:49 PM

I'll forward your question to the Help Desk. Thank you

thank you you are nice guy and making funn of ppl

Go to p2p4u

from the help desk

Posted by: richardgovea | August 13, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Texas... Where the men are men, and the sheep know it!

Posted by: Maauc | August 13, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | August 13, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Translation: I've been a little bandwagon biatch since my man crush on Aikman/Smith/Irvin and the last time the 'girls weren't the quintessential choke artists of post-season.

Stop piling up on the Cowpies? Stop trolling Redskins sites and your wittle feelings won't get hurt.

Posted by: HTTR | August 13, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

a. white

b. black

c. hispanic

d. asian

e. wannabe
Match the following celebs with their proper racial designation:

Oprah - Black

Obama - Bi-racial non US citizen

Marshall Mathers - Blacker than Obama

Soledad O'Brien - Mexirish

Rachel Ray - Munchkin

Beyonce - I will need an in-depth up close inspection to make an accurate determination. Call me, B.

Tiger Woods - Blackasian

Justin Timberlake - White guy with a fro

Snookie - Jerseyese

Sookie - Nosferatu

LeBron - bama

Kim Kardashian - See Beyonce

Bill Clinton - Democrat

Moe rolls with letter 'e'

Posted by: MistaMoe | August 13, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Original_etrod | August 13, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Re: Jason Shambles and all the responders

[...]

Posted by: p1funk | August 13, 2010 11:37 AM

See, that's the exact attitude that will actually make me happy when McHurt gets tossed around like a rag doll.

This may come as a surprise to you, but the O Line play directly affects what the QB is able to do with the ball. 50+ starts for Andy Reid is NOT the same as 50+ starts for Jim Zorn.

Now, I'm not saying Jason Fumbles is a great QB. I'm just saying NOBODY could be a great QB behind our "Trash Pails," or "Dirt Bags," or "Sand Bags," or whatever they were, last year. And this year could very easily be not much better.

I will say this, though... McNabb, behind our line last year, would have missed quite a few games due to injury.

I just think it's WAY premature to talk about how, since McNabb is here, we're going to be in the NFC Championship game. Seems you may not understand how a football team functions if you really think it's all about the QB.

If that were the case, Peyton Manning should have a lot more than 1 measly Super Bowl ring. If that were the case, guys like Eli Manning, Mark Rypien, and Trent Dilfer should have ZERO between them.

Don't jinx us with that junk. Because you gotta ask yourself this first: What kind of chance to you give us with Rex Grossman under center? He'll make you wish you could trade your left nut to get Jason Shambles back. THAT guy should not be in the NFL. Unless he's come a long way (and I don't think so), he's maybe the worst QB I have ever seen.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 13, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

The natives are restless...

Thank you, RedDMV, for the racial rant. Haven't read one of those for nearly 20 minutes.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 13, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I should add, for the record that, to me, Tiger is pretty damn White for being Asian and Black.

I mean, he's a golfer from Stanford! Listen to his nasal enunciation!

Whiter than me, that's for sure. As a matter of fact, his wife is a lot whiter than mine, too. I'm sure his friends are whiter than mine too.

And most of all, Tiger's bank account looks reeeaaally, really white. Mine, not so much. You wouldn't look at the numbers and think, "this bank account belongs to 'The Man.'"

But Tiger has that asian name. At least he wasn't named after his dad's favorite restaurant like Kobe was. What do you want from a guy named Jelly Bean?

Anyway, I digress. We're all different shades of gray. Just, some shades are better than others. And we all know what shades like to smoke weed and rape white women. So, anyway.

Posted by: Thinker_ | August 13, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse