A Chat and a Pro Bowl Sales Pitch

If you're going through withdrawal, there will be a fubball chat today...Mark Maske will be yapping from the Super Bowl at 12:30.

Meanwhile, Dan Steinberg checked out the shopping scene and discovered the official 2009 Redskins Pro Bowl jerseys for $99.

By Cindy Boren  |  January 26, 2009; 10:29 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Finalists for Tight End Coach Vacancy
Next: Redskins Lay Off More Workers

Comments

no one cares about yall's crappy organizations (other than the Skins)

Braves > Nationals
Bobcats > Wizards
Bulldogs > whatever crappy college teams yall got
Redskins = Redskins

also, apparently the Braves are bringing back ANDRUW JONES. The only good thing about this is that it can't be nearly as bad as it sounds! Or can it!?!

Posted by: TheTruth11

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Truth, all are crappy teams, but you forgot about the crapitals, (who are straight KILLIN' IT right now)

Posted by: REDneckSKINhead | January 26, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

truth

How did Andruw Jones fall so far so fast?

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 26, 2009 12:18 PM | Report abuse

How many states and cities are we including in this comparison?

Posted by: p1funk | January 26, 2009 12:28 PM | Report abuse

We just had a blog urging us not to financially support the Danny, and now we have a post telling us where to buy jerseys! Don't buy them!

Also, I disagree with the guest blogger about the season tickets. Giving up the season tickets would put a big dent in his wallet and get his attention. Not buying jerseys can be dismissed as a slow economy, but even Snyder can't ignore an empty stadium.

Posted by: Snydersucks | January 26, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Its like the other conversation never happened....

Posted by: chrislarry | January 26, 2009 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Just curious if there's any news from the Senior Bowl? Who looked good? Who were the players talking to the Skins? You know. Actual news about the team!

Posted by: Lacantwrite | January 26, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

+++The “major offer” would have to come in the form of a multi-year deal, given that the Redskins agreed not to use the franchise tag to retain Hall for 2009 after they signed the former first-rounder of the Falcons on November 7.

In late December, Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post speculated that Hall ultimately will sign a deal in the range of six years, $48 million, with $12 million guaranteed.

Hall behaved and performed pretty well during his short stint with the ‘Skins. The real question is whether he has changed, or whether he merely held it all together long enough to get himself in line for his second big payday in less than a year.

Posted by: Flounder21+++

In between racketball games, Vinny should read up on P.T. Barnum. “There’s a sucker born every minute, and two to take him,” he wrote.

Hall suckers senile old Al Davis into a ridiculous contract. When he gets there he pouts, quits, and gets eaten alive by receivers like Eddie Royal.

He gets cut. He goes to the ‘skins, where he behaves for half a season, and doesn’t get embarrassed. Can the ‘skins take another year of checking him out? Nope. Despite dealing from weakness, he elicited a promise not to be franchised.

Along the way, the ‘skins PO their top cover corner under 35, Carlos Rogers, who’s contract is coming up.

Now Snyder and Vinny reward Hall’s behavior with a huge contract.

Dollars to donuts, Rogers demands the same, or more and leaves.

A good character guy with bad hands has been replaced by a questionable character guy with good hands. At BEST, that's a push, not an improvement.

This stupid team NEVER learns.

Posted by: TheCork | January 26, 2009 1:04 PM | Report abuse

+++TheCork wrote:

"I think PAT WHITE will go earlier than most think. So what if he's 6'0" H'e very mobile, has a canon arm, and doesn't fight dogs."

I was listening to a scout discuss his lousy week of practice. 'Scatter-armed', was the term employed. 'Can't see from the pocket', was another. He looked pretty good in the game, but most scouts don't even stay to watch that.

So his draft position may disappoint his fans.

Posted by: Samson151+++

Perhaps you were listening to a scout in Vinny’s employ?

Apparently, this guy disagrees…

By Chris Steuber
Scout.com NFL Draft Analyst
Posted Jan 25, 2009

“Of the three South quarterbacks, White was the most accurate and fluid during practice. White took what he showed in practice and thrived in the game…”

I'm not saying the 'skins should draft him. But I think he helped himself. Also, oddly, he should benefit from the success of another underrated WVA guy, Slaton

Posted by: TheCork | January 26, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

"Now Snyder and Vinny reward Hall’s behavior with a huge contract"

How many years was the contract and how much money corky??

Posted by: BeantownGreg | January 26, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

cork

I hate to say it, but I think Pat White might be just an okay pro q-back.

He was very accurate during the game and has the kind of speed and quickness that makes him a threat to scramble once the pocket collapsed.

The sad thing is that he's going to have to workout for pro scouts as a special teams/wide receiver--he looks like he'd be a good mid-round slot receiver guy--as nobody in the cut-and-paste world of NFL scouting is going to give him a real shot at q-b--he's 6'0 tall.

And guys like Graham Harrell and Rhett Bomar--who both sucked--will get more than a shot.

Pat White will go to a team that'll turn him into Hines Ward-another good college q-back who wasn't taken seriously.

Posted by: MistaMoe | January 26, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

"Let's see Truth, the Braves are Atlanta, The Bobcats are Charlotte, the Bulldogs are Athens...

How many states and cities are we including in this comparison?

Posted by: p1funk"

Don't get DIAW'ed!

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009 1:26 PM

Pick a region, you should pick the NC/SC teams (the Braves is understood)... rep' and put on for your city and state, dude.

I'll always rep' D.C. teams, I wouldn't care if they were a combined 0-260 in the three major sports.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 26, 2009 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Its like the other conversation never happened ...

Posted by: chrislarry | January 26, 2009 12:57 PM

I think everyone got Abuse Reported, but mostly Cindy. I think she needed to report that she got abused by Loseable Type -- the dreaded double thread double post.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

he should benefit from the success of another underrated WVA guy, Slaton

Posted by: TheCork | January 26, 2009 1:07 PM

being from this area, most of their games were on TV. I have no idea how Slaton was tagged as underrated.

anyway him, like most others that go late, show scouts, draft experts, and analysts that they are just like your average everday sports viewer.

these so-called experts are OVERRATED.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 26, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Mock drafts are the offseason version of power rankings.

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2009 1:43 PM | Report abuse

"This guy reminds me of someone who lives in Kansas, but cheers and follows the Mets in baseball, the Lakers in basketball, and the Dolphins in football.

Posted by: RedDMV"

But thank you for accepting and allowing me to be a Braves fan, how kind of you.

If you need an explanation of why I cheer for any of the teams I cheer for, let me know and I will be happy to inform you, loser.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009 1:47 PM | Report abuse

"eing from this area, most of their games were on TV. I have no idea how Slaton was tagged as underrated.

Posted by: RedDMV"

probably because he had the lowest amount of rushing yards his college career in his junior year

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Loser? Truth, you're the premier D of bagginess of RI.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 26, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

And I allow you to more than just cheer for the Braves. I allow you to live, sucka ass dude.

Kind of like brining you into the world and being able to take you out also, SON!

It is LIKE that!!!!!

Posted by: RedDMV | January 26, 2009 2:02 PM | Report abuse

I think RI is in the Jon Jansen stage of it's carreer. Sigh.

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse

O_E,
As I wrote in my facebook. We jumped the Shark. Bringing in J.Reid was like when they changed up a bunch of the cast in MASH.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 26, 2009 2:18 PM | Report abuse

JReid = Cousin Oliver

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2009 2:20 PM | Report abuse

"Hey loser, I live literally a minute and a half from Georgia while I live 2 1/2 hours from North Carolina. I work in Georgia and visit North Carolina maybe once a year.

Posted by: TheTruth11 | January 26, 2009"

Whatz this ITA spud? YOU LIVE IN TENNESSEE or NORTH CALINKY and work in GEOOORGIA? As a former resident of Tybee Island, Savannah, and near to L5P in Atlanta I resent your incursion on the south. The WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION continues. The foreign invader is the theTruth11. Have to send in the mythical artsy and graphical D-LINE from SCAD to stop him. They'll paint him back into this corner.

Posted by: periculum | January 26, 2009 2:26 PM | Report abuse

"Whatz this ITA spud? YOU LIVE IN TENNESSEE or NORTH CALINKY and work in GEOOORGIA?
Posted by: periculum | January 26, 2009"

If thetruth11 happens to live near Douglas, GEOORGIA IN ALABAMA he knows that is far, far worst. You know what Georgian's think of Alabamans. ~evil smile~

Posted by: periculum | January 26, 2009 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I think the truth lives in SC. Now having lived many years in both AL and GA one thing I have learned is thank God for Mississippi!

Posted by: will_ga | January 26, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

How I would save RI.

Get JLC or whoever is writing to interact with the bloggers again. I miss the days when he would post in response to intelligent questions. The haters drove him off, and its a shame he actually gave us a ton more info when he interacted. In the gold age of RI he would interact more.

More random interviews with players for the blog.

Bring back the meet ups.

Posted by: alex35332 | January 26, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

JReis=Ted McGinley

Posted by: chrislarry | January 26, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

"psp23, here are some other undisputable facts. During Heyer's rookie season when Jansen went down the coaches moved Heyer ahead of Todd Wade after Wade started a bunch of games. The Skins won four straight games with him in the line up during their playoff push. After training camp, Joe Bugel and Jim Zorn named Heyer the starting right tackle ahead of Jansen. The Skins were 2-1 with him as a starter. He got hurt, Jansen was reinserted, and the coaches didn't put him back in. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he gave up a sack when he replaced Samuels.

As for arguing for the sake of arguing, you've got the wrong guy. You argue with anyone who says something with which you don't agree and its clear you enjoy doing so. You've even commented about your "wins." Stop projecting.

Posted by: learnedhand1"

Alright learned, I'll try and settle this before it gets too testy. I never said I don't enjoy arguing. I freely admit to that. However, I ALWAYS back my opinions up. I never throw my opinion in without having a thoughtful reason behind it.

Regarding your Heyer analysis, I can't say for fact that Heyer gave up a sack, but I don't believe he was clean. In the last 3 games of the season, Justin Smith -- the starting right DE for San Francisco -- and Trent Cole -- the starting right DE for Philadelphia -- both had sacks on Campbell. It seems very likely that Heyer was lined up opposite those DEs when they got to Campbell, as he was the starting LT in both games.

Yes, all those things are true regarding Heyer's ascension to through the depth chart. However, Jon Jansen still started more games than Heyer when both were healthy last season. That was based on the coaches decision, and who they thought gave the team the best shot at winning.

If you want me to list off my opinion of the 40-50 better offensive tackles right now, I'll do it. Sorry I don't agree with your "assessment" of Heyer (which I don't know what your assessment is because you never actually stated it, and only attempted to refute my argument). Have a nice day.

Posted by: psps23 | January 26, 2009 2:44 PM | Report abuse

JReid = Andrew Keaton

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Loser? Truth, you're the premier D of bagginess of RI.

Posted by: RedDMV | January 26, 2009 2:00 PM

I dunno. Maybe Vice Premier. periculum is THE Premier.

etrod, agreed re: Jansenosity. The feeling up here is sort of like some kind of involuntary double jointedness ...

Posted by: dcsween | January 26, 2009 2:47 PM | Report abuse

The weird thing is that Jansen's most grievous loss was his ability to back-pedal, while I think I've never been better at back-pedaling.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | January 26, 2009 2:52 PM | Report abuse

I totally take that back...

Posted by: NateinthePDX | January 26, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse

How I would save RI.

Get JLC or whoever is writing to interact with the bloggers again....

Posted by: alex35332 | January 26, 2009 2:37 PM | Report abuse

So, you're saying JLC = Chuck Cunningham?

Posted by: Original_etrod | January 26, 2009 2:56 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: CindyBoren | January 26, 2009 3:01 PM | Report abuse

Thecork: Perhaps you were listening to a scout in Vinny’s employ?"

I think it was Tony Pauline of SI.com, on the radio. Not sure if it was before or after the game, but definitely after the practices. Here's something from the Sports Illustrated website:

Pat White/QB/West Virginia: "Scouts who thought White could play in the NFL must now rethink that opinion. White's a talented athlete who shows minimal consistency and accuracy throwing the ball from the pocket. He is now likely to spend time working out with the receivers at the combine in February."

So guess it depends on the bloviator of your preference. Be nice if a great college player like White went on the first day, but I'm not predicting it.

Posted by: Samson151 | January 26, 2009 7:19 PM | Report abuse