Monday Night Countdown...

A coupla procedural things as we get ready to watch some non-Redskins fubball....

The Capital Weather Gang has the forecast for Monday night; looks like it'll be a nice night (and nice Election Day, too).

Because of the Monday game, my chat will move to Tuesday at 11 a.m., with Mike Wilbon up at 1. Maske, who's at the Cowboys-Giants game today, will chat at 11 Wednesday. I'll give you links tomorrow...

La Canfora checked in briefly with a little tidbit from Stats, Inc.:

More blog overload - courtesy of STATS, Inc:
The Washington Redskins, riding the arm of Jason Campbell, have completed the first half of their 2008 season without throwing a single interception. Prior to this season, the last team to throw no interceptions over its first eight games was the Cleveland Browns in 1960. While every other team in the NFL has thrown at least three interceptions this season, the Redskins have now gone 12 straight regular-season games and 360 straight pass attempts without being picked off.

And, now, let's predictify:

If your computer does not allow you to see the Predictify widgets, you can go here and make your predictions on the first question or here for the second question. Predicting there has the added benefit of tracking all your predictions, so if you do well, you have proof when you talk smack debate the game with your friends.

By Cindy Boren  |  November 2, 2008; 11:57 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Samuels Still Hurting
Next: Zorn, the CIA, the View from P'burgh

Comments

First...quite possibly also last. What's happened?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

It's a one-and-a-half day countdown. We're all pacing ourselves Up Here.

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 12:35 PM | Report abuse

people being social today

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

titans over gb

Posted by: dealer1 | November 2, 2008 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Bal over Cin

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 1:12 PM | Report abuse

buf over jets

Posted by: dealer1 | November 2, 2008 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Great. The one time I want the Cheeves to lose, to the Bucs, they're up 14-0. Figures.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

I'm so glad we have the tiebreaker over the Lions. :-)

Posted by: PDiddy | November 2, 2008 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Who can't wait till tomorrow?! I'm so excited, this game is all i can think about, i can't wait for Monday night!! :D

Posted by: rachel216 | November 2, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Kyle Orton has busted his ankle....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Is that the word Cindy? Pretty glad I started him in fantasy this week...Newman!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Damn this game time on Moss is killing me in fantasy.....I have until 8 tonight to decide if I should start marvin Harrison in his place.....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 2, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Here's the inactives list for the Cowboys-Gints game:

Despite missing practice all week with a broken rib, Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten was active for the Dallas Cowboys' game with the New York Giants on Sunday.
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo missed his third straight game with a broken right pinkie, and was again replaced by Brad Johnson.
Dallas also was without starting cornerback Terence Newman, who missed his fifth straight game with a sports hernia. Mike Jenkins started at left cornerback for the third straight week.
Cory Proctor started at left guard for Kyle Kosier, who's out with a foot injury.
The Giants had no changes to their starting lineup. Their inactives included kicker Lawrence Tynes, cornerback Kevin Dockery (back) and linebacker Gerris Wilkinson (knee).

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I just polled Geno and Dan Uthman (both of whom play fantasy fubball) and they would stick with Moss, as would I. If that helps....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Titans in OT. JFish totally jinxed it by celebrating before the FG attempt by Bironas hit the upright and clanged off at the end of regulation.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Okay, JFish. THAT field goal was good. Titans win in OT.

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 4:14 PM | Report abuse

So, Cowboys defense already fighting among themselves? Damn, hate to see that.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 4:28 PM | Report abuse

NYG have to be the luckiest team.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 4:43 PM | Report abuse

What is the presidential election relationship to the last Redskin home game?

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 4:45 PM | Report abuse

For some reason, my beer taste so much better when I'm watching dallas get beat.

What an undisciplined team.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Dallas is awful without Romo. This is fun and painful to watch at the same time.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:07 PM | Report abuse

jiacinto, I believe if the Redskins win, McCain will be elected....if the Redskins lose, Obama will be elected.

Horrible situation...really wish it were the other way around! If McCain wins, I'm outta the USA, but I honestly cannot see him winning....which means Redskins loss.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 2, 2008 5:11 PM | Report abuse

Instead of doing sit-ups, TO should do push-ups. LOL at the girls!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Curzon--In this very rare case we want DAL to win.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Jiacinto, there is never a situation where I want to see the girls win. I think we can take the giants and would rather get the first wildcard than watch the girls win.

F the cowgirls!

Just my opinion...

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 5:16 PM | Report abuse

I think actually the election curse didn't work out in 2004. GB beat WAS at home, but Bush still defeated Kerry.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

DAL just intercepted NYG. Maybe this one might be competitive after all.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 5:17 PM | Report abuse

choke-manning-choke -
cowgirls suck too.

Posted by: dieyoudogs | November 2, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

right the curse if you want to call it a curse is dead.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 5:20 PM | Report abuse

oh boy slamball on CBS, yes it is lower rated in the sports scale than pro-dodgeball

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, that is just a foolish comment. Just slays me when people say "If so and so wins the election, I'm leaving the US" This is a Redskins (FOOTBALL) blog, not CNN. Keeping your inane political musings to yourself would be most appreciated I believe by the majority of the bloggers.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Lisa,
Let me know how life is in France, Russia or maybe China.
What an idiot.
this is a great country and no matter who wins, will still be a great country.
come on.

Posted by: dieyoudogs | November 2, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

DAL is throwing interceptions.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Does Dal do anything else.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Brad Johnson is awful. Amazing that he can still start in this league, injuries or not. Brooks, better warm up!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Yes, they commit penalties.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Notorious_LMG, you have no business telling me what to do! I was simply answering jiacinto's question (and threw in my opinion of the candidates). I have never mentioned politics on this blog before - so don't go jumping on me! Lots of other people on this blog talk politics (and many other topics other than the Skins)ALL the time but not me.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 2, 2008 5:40 PM | Report abuse

I was watching Showtime last night and there was a promo for "Dexter;" the star was a Skins fan growing up...his favorite player was Art Monk (oddly, not Dexter Manley).

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 5:47 PM | Report abuse

If you'd actually taken the time to read my post, you'd see that in no way, shape or form did I tell you "what to do" or not do. I said that it was a foolish thing to say, and that was putting it mildly. If you would leave the country based on who wins an election I would assume you are not that in love with this great nation. Which is also a free nation - so feel free to make a fool of yourself if you so wish. That's the beauty of America. If you don't think it's all that, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:51 PM | Report abuse

If McCain wins, I'm outta the USA.

Posted by: Lisa_R | November 2, 2008 5:11 PM |

Lisa,

I've heard a lot of people say this, but no one can ever tell me where they're going. Do you know where you will go if McCain wins?

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 5:52 PM | Report abuse

Everyone who was complaining about the 'Skins paying up to resign Todd Collins in the off season ought to take a good look at Brad Johnson. Dallas, for all the money they spent, has a bizarre roster -- no DBs, two star WRs, and no back up QB. They're paying for the big plash.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 5:56 PM | Report abuse

LOL talent. Cracks me up when people say that. Full of bluster. Really wish Alec Baldwin had followed thru on that one.

Extremists Say the Darndest Things...next Sunday on Fox

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Curzon, totally agree on Dallas losing. Giants are going to the playoffs, almost a certainty. A Dallas loss would put them on the brink. If they lose today, we can basically finish them off after the bye....well, that may be a bit premature but 5-5 and 4th place (most likely) would be a huge hole to dig out of.

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:00 PM | Report abuse

And talent I think you are spot on about Todd Collins. So key to have a solid backup.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:01 PM | Report abuse

LOL talent. Cracks me up when people say that.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 5:57 PM |

I'm really curious as to where people think they can have a better life than here. I've always liked New Zealand. And, I can speak Spanish so some of the Latin American countries might work for me. But the thought of packing up and leaving seems pretty risky.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 6:02 PM | Report abuse

ZOMG!

It's Brooks Bollinger.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 2, 2008 6:03 PM | Report abuse

I would rather have DAL find a way to win this game. That way the NYG fall into a tie with WAS provided that WAS beats PIT. But it looks like, given that last interception, that NYG is probably headed to a comfortable win.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Man, I wish we had Dallas this week and Pittsburgh after the bye.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 6:04 PM | Report abuse

Are NYG this good or is DAL that bad?

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Any more word on Moss? Is he playing tomorrow?

I'm in a dog fight fantasy game and If moss cant go I need to put in Harrison for later tonight...

I have a one point lead...he has RB J.A. tonight and I either have Harrison or Moss tonight....

Posted by: leevi98 | November 2, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

This one is done. DAL is going to lose. I fear that we may lose to PIT tomorrow night due to injuries.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Lisa, Belize is nice...tons of ex-pats...i feel ya but stick around instead and keep fighting...

alex baldwin rulz
steven baldwin drulz

dallas is done...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

... and the Bollinger era begins with a pick.

CowPies!

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:00 PM |

Well, they'd be digging out with a new head coach, Jason Garrett, but I really haven't seen much of Dallas's offense that makes me thing he would be any better than Wade.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Are NYG this good or is DAL that bad?

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:05 PM | Report abuse
============================================
YESSSSSSSSS!

(/marv albert)
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 2, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Got any baby news, chrislarRy?

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:08 PM | Report abuse

If I owned the Cowboys, I would have fired Phillips in the first quarter last week....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

LMG, would be nice to take the girls out of the playoff picture in a couple of weeks.

Lovin' this beer!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Cindy still in holding pattern....2 days past due...I predict tomorrow night around 9:30......

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:11 PM | Report abuse

I think we just "root" for dallas to implode now and catch Giants at home and wait for their tougher schedule to kick in....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:13 PM | Report abuse

Bollinger's QB rating is not unlike Mr. Blutarsky's GPA..."0.0..."

jiacinto, I think it's a healthy dose of both. Dallas really is not a good team sans Romo. And the GMen are obviously an excellent team.

talent, so true about the schedule - would've been awesome to switch these two games but oh well. To paraphras Ray Parker, "I ain't 'fraid of no Pokes!"

Chrislarry, I guess Alec Baldwin's redeemed himself with 30 Rock. And he was good in The Departed too. Susan Sarandon can take a hike though.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

cL--Belize? Really? Pretty corrupt country with high poverty and low standard of living. It might be hard for an outsider.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 6:15 PM | Report abuse

Hi Cindy, did the tech people do something to fix the lag/double posting, or is it just light commenting today?
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 2, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Will DAL's coach be fired at the end of the year?

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

Well leaving is not my style I believe just because you have an issue with a government you don't flee unless they are rounding people up for ideological reasons or based on religion or something, and we are at least 2 major terrorist attacks + a military coup away from that. My grandmother had to flee the Nazi's so I have an idea what the signs to look for, and though the US is on the brink of going down the dark road, neither McCain nor Obama look to be the type that will bring us there, nor would they be able to "save" us from never going down that road. Even with McCain, you have a much lower chance of that happening than we did with Bush.

But if I were to my list of countries to flee to in no particular order as you should always have a plan B C D; Canada, Belize, Holland, Denmark, England, Scotland, France, British Virgin Islands, most of these are places where I have family members except France, I put them in because the WHO says they have the best health system, they make great food and have loose women.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:16 PM | Report abuse

chrislarRy, what were you doing yesterday???? you should have induced. well, not you, but a doctor.....

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

You know it Curzon! Beer is always good; beer enjoyed whilst witnessing a Dallas destruction is all the more tasty.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Oh, you were looking for someplace nice, not just someplace else.

Hmm. Got Nothin'.

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:18 PM | Report abuse

Belize rulz, i am telling you it is sick with us and euro ex-pats.....

not that unstable, and poverty is relative. also the motto their is "work a day, kill a day" can't beat that....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

I would rather have DAL win because WAS can beat them at home. I am not sure that WAS can beat NYG at home. I say this with assumption that PIT beats WAS tomorrow.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Well Bollinger wasn't the answer.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 6:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:17 PM

No way, Cindy. Let the kid stay as long as he wants, until he gets so big as to threaten the mother's health during delivery. Kids develop well in the womb.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Down the dark road? Really?? Is Alex3532 a nom de plum for Chicken Little?

I'm not going anywhere but having lived in Sweden as an exchange student, I can tell you there are a lot worse places to live. Beautiful women, great standard of living. And the women are hot. Expensive though. Did I mention the women? Hot?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Thats what I have heard. My girl is desperate to go there for good and her description was; Easy going liberal ex-brit colony, the people there are looking to develop the nation and a politico with a solid vision and drive,(me) could make a big impact quickly and get in the system.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:23 PM | Report abuse

dam, jiacinto...way to believe....why not just blow off the rest of the season and just play golf.....

anyway their is 0 chance dallas is coming back....turmoil and fast implosion...eliminate a team from the nfc playoff pool....

and if the skins can't beat the giants at home than then they deserve to be fighting for the wildcard anyway

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Oh, come on. The great issue of the day is a 3% difference in the income tax rate for Bill Gates and five other guys you won't ever meet.
Remember that most of these idiots in congress are lawyers. It's a shame, but what else were we gonna do with them?

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:26 PM | Report abuse

Down the dark road? Really??
---
I would say if the US were to have a coup and go christo-fascist, that would be a very dark road. First thing you learn in political history is even the most stable governments can fall into the hands of strongmen and worse madmen. Not saying that it will happen, but always be prepared.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Maybe so, but I'd rather have DAL win this game. Not an issue anymore, as they are probably headed to an ugly defeat.

Why is my thinking wrong here? Wouldn't you rather have a 6-2 NYG and than 7-1 NYG?

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Yep, the problem with lawyers is that they know nothing outside of law. I have always said that we would be better off as a nation if we threw some inventors, artists and philosophers in there.

Back to the ball, Bollinger please note that the object of the game is to not have the ball in your hand when you get hit.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:29 PM | Report abuse

Because its Dallas.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:31 PM | Report abuse

That's stupid thinking. Frankly DAL is going to implode anyway. I'd rather have them eke out a win here, but that's futile thinking at this point. In this very rare case a DAL win is better than a loss.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

-----

Uh...nothin too controversial about that statement Alex. Not to sound like a wisea$$, but what's your point? I mean, do you really think we're close to a coup and a fascist regime?? Holy cats.

If I sprouted wings, I could probably fly...but that's not very likely either.

Anyway, back to more enjoyable topics. Like how awful Dallas is. And how I hope the GMen cover 9 points.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:33 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Bollinger has what I like to call "Reche Caldwell Eyes"?

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

For what it's worth, I agree with you jiacinto. But obviously, it doesn't matter. Dallas is imploding all by itself.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | November 2, 2008 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Explain daggar, if you please?

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:36 PM | Report abuse

If you sprouted wings, it'd help explain the 'notorious' thing...

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Dallas is awful, so bad its fun. jiacinto tis part of being a redskins fan, we have a rival.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

I would bet my condo, my car, my bank account...everything but my chocolate lab that Dallas will not come back from 21 down against the SB champs with Bollinger/Johnson feebly tending to the helm.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

LOL daggar

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:38 PM | Report abuse

I can't, LMG, but maybe this will help...

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

You're right, If DAL is imploding by itself. But DAL did get that first down.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:40 PM | Report abuse

I can't, LMG, but maybe this will help...

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 6:39 PM | Report abuse

LOL. Is he still in the league?

TO just got popped. Cmon GMen, hold! I have no love for NYG, less after going to Giants Stadium last Dec for the game and hearing tons of people talking trash about the recently deceased Sean Taylor...but I cannot help but root for Dallas' demise. Although I agree with you all that their likely to implode this yr, they could still make a run with a healthy Romo. Better to choke them out, finish off the wounded animal, vile beasts that they are, while their on the mat.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:44 PM | Report abuse

TD DAL. Some limited signs of life. Game still probably out of reach for DAL, but I can can hope for a comeback, however unlikely.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:45 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Even if you did the most that you could win would be 2 sticks of gum and a paper clip. Vegas a'int that stupid.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:44 PM

Could not have said it better.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 6:46 PM | Report abuse

Holy smoke, this is a game...

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:47 PM | Report abuse

Not any more.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and F troy aikman!

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 6:51 PM | Report abuse

agreed curz & not lmg.......how can you root for comeback? I still say getting a team out of the race now is better for the skins. We will have to take care of buisness against giants when we get'em...

Plus their schedule gets tougher:

@ Philadelphia
Baltimore
@ Arizona
@ Washington
Philadelphia
@ Dallas
Carolina
@Minnesota

There are some losses in there....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Well it puts more stress on WAS to beat PIT tomorrow night now that NYG is headed to a win.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Good, I don't want my team playing not to lose but playing to win. Keep em fired up.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Curzon, could Aikman be any more down on the Skins? "When you talk about the next best team in the NFC East...I GUESS you'd have to talk about the Redskins..." Yea, I GUESS...we only beat the other two on the road. What a clown. I love it though. Keep that chip on the shoulder, Skins!

Anyone see/hear if Ware was hurt badly? I wouldn't be devastated if he were out 2-3 weeks...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:54 PM | Report abuse

The bottom could fall on on Cowboys completely......that is never bad...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:55 PM | Report abuse

NYG should be able to beat PHL and BAL. ARZ might be a tough game for them. WAS will be tough. PHL again will be a game that they should win. Maybe DAL at DAL might be a challenge, same for CAR and maybe MIN. But that schedule is still pretty easy.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 6:56 PM | Report abuse

Right on, Chrislarry. Good luck with the baby, let us know.

Check that on Ware - he's on the field.

Oh Plex....catch the ball!!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

You're right. No sooner did i type that ...

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

Chris, if that happens I hope that they just bring back quincy carter.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 6:57 PM | Report abuse

cut Aikmen some slack, he is saddies about hos boys.....hahahahahahahaha him and boomer easison are at waR b/c boomer had the nutz to call him out on his boothe homerism...

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Dallas' defense is TERRIBLE!!!! :D This is funny but at the same time it also sucks cause we need the giants to lose...

Posted by: rachel216 | November 2, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

This game is done. DAL has imploded.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

LMG, he goes on about the Skins loss to the giants as if we are still that team. And most of the sports analyst also hate having to give any love to the Skins. F 'em!

Agree cL, the giants schedule is much tougher and I am not sure they are as good as many think they are. Will be pulling for them to take out the iggles next week and will then turn to pulling for whoever plays them from that point on.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

Jiacinto are you stoned? All NFC east games are tough and Panthers, Vikings, cARDINALS, Ravens are not easy outs...

Man your a downer....

But yeah have fun hoping the Cowboys save their season here.....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 7:01 PM | Report abuse

Hey did CL? That's awesome. Go Boomer, yea Terps!

TD Gmen...that should about do it.

Who you all like in the night game? I think NE chokes out the Colts, which will put them all but out of the playoff race. Who'd have thought Dallas and Indy would be quasi-eliminated in Week 9?? Christmas might be coming really early this yr!

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

what is wrong with aikman? he doesn't want to admit that the Redskins are good.. he is such an idiot... he doesn't want to admit the the cowboys STINK!!! :)

Posted by: rachel216 | November 2, 2008 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Some commercial musings:

wtf is a minotaur doing shopping for SUVs?
wtf is 'drinkability'?
How many years does it take to break out of the #$%# prison? And if "someone doesnn't make it" every week, how many people did you have to start with?

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

I know Curzon, he's a clown. I forgot- did we lost 16-7 or 36-7? First game, new coach, sheesh...like I said, keep it up. You know Zorn, Blache, et al are gettin plenty of mileage outta the no respect card..

I will say that Aikman just slightly redeemed himself by noting that Dallas will go to their bye week "in last place"...how sweet it is...

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:06 PM | Report abuse

HAHA- Mark Schlereth called Portis a converted "scat back"....HAHAHA

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:07 PM | Report abuse

oh, and Mike Nutrisystem Golic predicted a Steelers win on that same clip. I love it.

Hate on haters!!

HAIL

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

In a few minutes, all teams except Pitt, NE and the clots will have played as many games as the Skins and CP will still be leading in rushing yards by over 120 yards!! And neither of those three teams are even close.

Posted by: Curzon417 | November 2, 2008 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Not bad for a scat back...whatever the he!! that means.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:15 PM | Report abuse

It means that as CP runs over guys he is going, ba be pa ba bup pa wo ski ski ski dap dap ba pa be wa.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 7:18 PM | Report abuse

NYG wins.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 7:20 PM | Report abuse

LOL alex.

I'm pretty happy that Fox graciously gave us this scintillating bonus coverage of a 26-7 game with 1 minute remaining.

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:21 PM | Report abuse

NFC (B)East is now 23-10. Sick

Posted by: Notorious_LMG | November 2, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

NYG wins.

Posted by: jiacinto | November 2, 2008 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Get ready for a TO cry fest:-)

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Do you suppose Mike Holmgren is wondering if he can take early retirement, or is it more like "2-6: that's good for second in the West!"?

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 7:27 PM | Report abuse

I just thawed out and cooked some Steak sitting in mole. SO SPICY

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 7:32 PM | Report abuse

you need only 4-12 to win the west...

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

4-12 has to blog up here AND win the west?

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

You'll probably need 4-12 and Dorf if you really want to win the west.

Posted by: SMACK1 | November 2, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

True, someone has to play catch the passes from 4-12.

Posted by: alex35332 | November 2, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Belize rulz, the motto their is "work a day, kill a day" can't beat that....

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 6:19 PM |

As long as the day that you need a plumber, a doctor, a dentist coincides with the day that the plumber or doctor or dentist is actually working

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 2, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

They've given up on quaint concepts like 'plumber' in favor of more community organizers.

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 8:45 PM | Report abuse

don't sweat the small stuff TE......

Posted by: chrislarry | November 2, 2008 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Wait a minute...I thought we were supposed to sweat the small stuff...

Posted by: CindyBoren | November 2, 2008 8:51 PM | Report abuse

No reason for you to sweat, Dauphine, but for some of us...

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

Maybe letting man boobs walk wasn't such a bad idea.

• After back to back losses to AFC North also-rans Cleveland and Cincinnati, the 3-5 Jaguars look destined not to rise above mediocrity this season. What has happened to Jacksonville's defense? The Bengals entered Sunday ranked dead last in total yardage (229.0 yards per game), and the proceeded to hang up 312 yards and three touchdowns on the Jags.

When Cedric Benson can come back from the NFL dead to run for 104 yards and a touchdown against your defense, you know you've underachieved. And don't look now, but having helped 0-8 Cincinnati to its first win of the season, the Jaguars now travel to 0-8 Detroit next week, where the winless Lions are the last team in the league without a taste of victory.

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | November 2, 2008 9:01 PM | Report abuse

cL, I have two kids and I have induced both of them and had fun doing it!!!;) you betcha! If you want to know how to send me your addy...Guarnteed delivery within 48 hours! No joke...

Posted by: dealer1 | November 2, 2008 9:53 PM | Report abuse

meant to say send me an email...I'll spill it if it's okay with erryone but rather not...actually you could google it and it's probly out there

Posted by: dealer1 | November 2, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

Maybe it means that Pearson Prioleau isn't the linchpin to an NFL defense that Ggregg might've thought.

Posted by: daggar | November 2, 2008 9:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: craig2 | November 3, 2008 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: craig2 | November 3, 2008 7:33 AM | Report abuse

Couple things if I may.....

cl, a brisk walk, at a good pace, may get things 'moving'...best of luck.

the NYG/Boys game:

1. The cowboys trade a 1, 3, and whatever else to get Roy Williams, and he doesn't start?? I'm not sure I get that one??

2. Did anyone catch the 'attempt' at tackling Bradshaw that Mike Jenkins pulled on that TD run?? WOW..he wanted to be EVERYWHERE ELSE but on the field making tackles. WOW...I'm sorry but if he's not benched, fined, and ran till he pukes, then Wade has lost that team.

As far as tonight goes, I'm worried. Someone needs to pull a "Blache" and get in Heyer's backside right now.

Posted by: BeantownGreg | November 3, 2008 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: JasonLaTempleton | November 2, 2008 9:01 PM |

I'm not hanging this one on the coach. He as a well established record as a creator of good defenses. Jags have been wracked by injuries.

Posted by: talent_evaluator | November 3, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Redskins, what makes you think that the Steelers in not going pound you away. We all know that Giants beat them just like the Giants beat you!!! I don't think the Steelers going to let Redskins walk away with a victory. They are a better mob in defense and offense. Take this lost and just be happy that you are better than the Cowboys this season. G Man got the East locked down Super Bowl here we come again!!!!

Posted by: keandragatewood | November 3, 2008 12:27 PM | Report abuse