A Documentary Worth Watching

I know how pumped you guys are for the Hall of Fame stuff this weekend - and definitely check out the coverage of the festivities in The Post. But wanted to let you know about something pretty cool going on at Comcast regarding Art Monk.

Monk, reclusive and introverted for much of playing career, with limited interaction with the media, allowed Comcast exclusive access to him for a week straight. I have seen snippets of the show and spoke to several people who have seen the entire product and it is getting rave reviews. Given the limited public persona of the subject of the show, it should prove eye-opening for most of you guys, as well as to the schlubs like me.

The show is entitled: "My Life 365: Art Monk," and airs at 9 on Friday. Hope you guys enjoy it.

By Jason La Canfora  |  July 29, 2008; 2:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Former Bears DT Signs
Next: Kelly on the Field for Afternoon Practice

Comments

Will do

Posted by: peter | July 29, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I'll second that!

Posted by: charlie | July 29, 2008 2:13 PM | Report abuse

What time is the game on, and what station?

Posted by: SAK | July 29, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

If I had a magic wand -- but the president doesn't have a magic wand. You just can't say, 'low gas.'

Hmm. I'm pretty sure Mr. Clinton had a magic wand.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm fifth

Posted by: I plead the | July 29, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Is this just for local broadcast? I'm on Comcast down in MIA. I'll check the listings.

Art Monk was the only Redskin on my walls as a kid. He was Thelonious Monk's Second cousin (I guess that's right). Some amazing talent in that family tree!

Posted by: Dik | July 29, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

who else looks bad: the dudes responsible for "strength and conditioning"

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 29, 2008 2:12 PM

You forgot one person on your list. Chris Larry

Posted by: JM220 | July 29, 2008 2:17 PM | Report abuse

worthy nads

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

Seems like this is a good blog entry to repeat this post ...

Second down: Art Monk and Winning in the NFC East
Continuing my series on Art Monk and his upcoming induction into the HOF. (part 1 posted under: Blades to Have Knee Surgery at 4:40 yesterday)

Monk was a great possession receiver, which is essential to team success. But there is little doubt that the competition in the NFC East created a premium for Monk's talents. Through the heart of Monk's career, the NFC East may well have been the toughest defensive conference in NFL history.

Monk's Redskins faced 3 first ballot HOF defensive players twice a year for much of his career (Randy White, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor). These guys made it impossible to succeed with only deep threat' type of receivers. Possession passes were hugely important. We all know what happened to Joe Theismann when he tried to go deep against the Giants on MNF. Neil Lomax played for the Cards in the same division. His fate is less well known. He retired at 29 and had a hip replacement shortly after.

Some will wince and recall the 'body bag game' when the Skins played Philly in 1990. In that game, the Eagles pass rush knocked out every Skins QB and a rookie RB wound up finishing the game at QB (anyone recall who that famous Redskin was?). However, in the playoffs that year in Philly, it was Monk who scored the first TD that put the Skins ahead to stay (replays of that TD show the refs could have called multiple penalties on the guys trying to cover Monk).

In 1985, the top 4 QBs with the most sack yards were all from the NFC East. In 1988, it was the top 3 spots. Several other years weren't much better. Monk's ability to make short, possession plays was huge against these great pass rushing teams. Not only did it move the chains, but it reduced the number of difficult 'down and distance' situations. Monk's possession game led to fewer sacks, holding penalties, QB injuries and turnovers.

With Darrell Green elected, 4 of the 5 teams from the NFC East have a 1st ballot defensive HOF player from that era! As of now, there are only 6 defensive players from Monk's era who were 1st ballot in the HOF. 4 from the NFC East and 2 from the Skins main NFC foes (Ronnie Lott of SF and Mike Singletary of the Bears). Bruce Smith and Rod Woodson will likely become first ballot guys from the AFC, but the point is crystal clear. The NFC East had as many dominant defensive players as the rest of the league combined.
Monk's receiving style allowed the Skins offense to run lower risk plays. Fewer 3rd and longs, better balance and ball control were all aided significantly by Monk's play. And that was an essential part of winning in a very tough division against some terrific defenses. Bottom line, Art Monk was uniquely valuable to his team's success.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 2:19 PM | Report abuse

I had a dream where Jesus was a dirty old bum, and I was about to sock him in the face because, well he's a dirty old bum, but then I thought, there's something special about him...

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

I AM NOT a "fellow 'skin," nor do I WORK for the "'skin[s]" so I can wish all the injuries I want. As a matter of fact, I'm standing beside a fountain right now, with a pocketful of change.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 2:14 PM

Wha'evah! Wha'evah! Maury, my mom can't control me, I'm tough! Go on, aks hurh! I'll do what I waunt!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

New posted . . . .

----------

I don't know what "soggy biscuit" is, but I prefer it to reading comments from sports fans about politics and religion.

Posted by: Choowee | July 29, 2008 2:19 PM

Posted by: Choowee | July 29, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I always treated him like a son. The game is to be sold not to be told. Keep it pimpin ya heard.

Posted by: Thelonius Monk | July 29, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Please don't let the invisible fire burn my friend!

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:23 PM | Report abuse

would like to see the Comcast thing, but out here in the Bay Area, everyone is excited about Fred Dean getting in (just kidding ... haven't seen a article yet on Fred out here). But there is this from the SF paper today ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

I gotta admit, the Ricky Bobby quotes are cracking me up bigtime. Thanks, Cal Naughton Jr.

Anybody seen "Stepbrothers" yet?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 29, 2008 2:24 PM | Report abuse

New posted . . . .

----------

Posted by: Choowee | July 29, 2008 2:19 PM

Posted by: Choowee | July 29, 2008 2:21 PM

=============

Just type in 'soggy buscuit' into google or yahoo. You'll get your answer.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Mike Sellars is just as intimidating up close as he is on TV.

Mike Sellars vs. Kimbo Slice

Posted by: sicwidit | July 29, 2008 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Anybody seen "Stepbrothers" yet?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 29, 2008 2:24 PM

-------------------------------

Just figured I'd try to lighten the mood of the blog after it turned into an episode of "Meet The Press."

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Lemar Marshall?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Hold on a second, Mr. Fancy-Pants Foreigner. You just broke my bro's arm. Now you're gonna get tasered. Say hello to Dr. Watts!

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:30 PM | Report abuse

I like to think of Jesus like a muscular trapeze artist.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Mike Sellars vs. Kimbo Slice

Posted by: sicwidit | July 29, 2008 2:26 PM

Slice. I think he's been in way more fights.

Posted by: Anon pimpin your mom | July 29, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

I always think of Jesus like a changeling, a shapeshifter... You ever seen 'Manimal?

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:32 PM | Report abuse

We go together like suits of armor and electrical storms.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins could have drafted JC in the second round..maybe third(if they had a draft choice. They traded up to get him..later in the first round. That has proved to be a mistake. JC had one big year..and that was because auburn was a great overall team..and he had all day to throw.
HE DOES NOT HAVE THE ATHLETIC ABILITY NOR FOOTBALL IQ TO IMROVE IN THE CRITICAL AREAS.
Trying to get Farve and a 12 million dollar contract is just plain stupid. Put Collins with the first string..he will do the job..and draft a new QB next year.
Campbell...is slow afoot, has a long slow delivery(terrible for the west coast offense)DOES NOT HAVE TOUCH ON HIS PASSES, AND LED THE LEAGUE IN FUMBLES.

...sorry folks, this was the cooment I found that was the basis of my commentary earlier. I never called anyone on RI racist.

And for those of you who think this is turning into a political discussion is wrong. If idiots can talk about freakin' coffee houses in Seattle and classic rock, I can talk about race in sports for a minute...

...and now back to our show...

Posted by: sicwidit | July 29, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

We go together like Chinese food and chocolate pudding.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:34 PM | Report abuse

No. Live and let live.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:53 PM
=======================================
blog it out your rear end.
who do you think you are, the blog police?
f*$@ the (blog) police.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:57 PM
========================================
the amount of racial and political discussion on here is nauseating. go somewhere else for that bs.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 1:50 PM
=========================================

= Hypocracy

This fool needs to stop acting like the blog police himself !!

Live and let live remember ?

Posted by: Golden Showers for the : I (ANON) | July 29, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I wet my bed until I was 19. There's no shame in that.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

No. Live and let live.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:53 PM
=======================================
blog it out your rear end.
who do you think you are, the blog police?
f*$@ the (blog) police.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:57 PM
========================================

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 1:50 PM
=========================================

= Hypocracy

This fool needs to stop acting like the blog police himself !!

Live and let live remember ?

Posted by: Golden Showers for the ANON | July 29, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Remember when we got kicked out of biology for playing with Matchbox cars?! Who's retarded now?!

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

No. Live and let live.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:53 PM
=======================================
blog it out your rear end.
who do you think you are, the blog police?
f*$@ the (blog) police.

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 12:57 PM
========================================

Posted by: | July 29, 2008 1:50 PM
=========================================

= Hypocracy

This fool needs to stop acting like the blog police himself !!

Live and let live remember ?

Posted by: Golden Showers for the ANON | July 29, 2008 2:37 PM | Report abuse

That's what I'm sayin'! My head's all tied up...like a pretzel! I got a pretzel in my head!

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Slice fights street cans. Art Monk doesn't deserve to be in the HOF, the man can't score touchdowns. Darrell Green was good, until Michael Irvin roasted him on a regular basis.

Posted by: SnyderSucks | July 29, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OBsXin | July 29, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Hey, when you have the stereo and the T.V. on at the same time, how do you control the volume on the T.V.?

Posted by: Cal Naugton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Why would you have the stereo and the T.V. on at the same time?

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | July 29, 2008 2:40 PM | Report abuse

'Cause I like to party.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

because i like to party

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:41 PM | Report abuse

One of you turds is about to get smacked in the mouth if you don't keep it down!

Posted by: Texas Ranger | July 29, 2008 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Hidden Racism.

Posted by: Anon pimpin your mom | July 29, 2008 2:43 PM | Report abuse

= Hypocracy

This fool needs to stop acting like the blog police himself !!

Live and let live remember ?

Posted by: Golden Showers for the ANON | July 29, 2008 2:37 PM

Let's see:

"hypo" is a prefix meaning "low, under, beneath, down, below normal"

and

"cracy" has a Greek origin, meaning "to rule or govern"

So are you calling for an underground government rule?

Posted by: Not Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm in favor of hypocracy, and I vote.

Posted by: Gimli | July 29, 2008 2:46 PM | Report abuse

David Bowie - Hunky Dory, 1971.

A great album. Track listing:

1. "Changes"
2. "Oh! You Pretty Things"
3. "Eight Line Poem"
4. "Life on Mars?"
5. "Kooks"
6. "Quicksand"
7. "Fill Your Heart"
8. "Andy Warhol"
9. "Song for Bob Dylan"
10. "Queen B! tch"
11. "The Bewlay Brothers"

Posted by: Redcoat | July 29, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

The Truth says that some people haven't seen Ricky Bobby yet.

The Truth also asks if there is any chance The Truth's local Comcast in South Carolina will play this special!?!

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I think Babatunde is related to the great Georgetown PF legend Boubacar Aw

Posted by: Pimp referal | July 29, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 2:48 PM

No. In South Carolina we're showing a special on NASCAR, same as every other night of the year. It's our regular special.

Posted by: Comcast | July 29, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

"Sic, you're comments are much appreciated over here. Some rather just pretend like it's not going on rather than discussing it, OR they may be the same ones that get around their friends and REALLY say what's on their mind. Someone said it earlier:

Hidden Racism.

But we've discussed enough for today, I guess. I forgot we live in the land of hunky dory where elfs and magic men and women live."

wow not really, some people just don't see racism when a scientist says "black hole". And have you ever noticed that the only racism talked about in America is against black people? There are minorities that have gotten it much worse, including Native Americans, of which this particular "white person" is 1/8th.

and another point, the great thing about this country is that people are free to be racist if they want. You can hate white people or black people, I don't care, I'd rather know so I know you're an idiot instead of someone trying to hide it.

PC will ruin America

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

If you haven't seen Rick Bobby, then you're probably not a huge will farrell fan. And that, my friends, is the only reason to watch that movie.
I spent the first hour waiting for the funny part.
I spent the last hour waiting for the funny part.
Only to find out that there was no funny part. It was apparently a documentary.

Posted by: cload & daggar | July 29, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Lloyd: What is the soup du jour?

Waitress: It's the soup of the day.

Lloyd: Mmm... that sounds good. I'll have that.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:53 PM | Report abuse

NICE, I'll be at the in-laws all weekend. Thank Atheism for Tivo!!!

Posted by: Monkalicious | July 29, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

Cal Naughton just got rocked by a 5.8 quake out here in So-Cal. Cal Naughton just peed his pants again.

Awesome.

Posted by: Cal Naughton Jr. | July 29, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Hidden Racism.

Posted by: Anon pimpin your mom | July 29, 2008 2:43 PM

Or maybe he's making something out of nothing. Just because you perceive it to be there doesn't mean it actually is.

And for the record, I don't doubt that there is still plenty of racism around - and probably some towards JC - but that doesn't make racism the majority opinion among his most ardent critics.

Statements like this are plain wrong (not in the ethical sense, but literal and evidential):

"It's one thing the say that Campbell makes slow reads or plays slow...that's honest football criticism, but to say he can't play the position because he's slow is a rascist statement."

or

C'mon be honest...."

This final quote: "People were ready to run Ely Manning out of town..." in itself goes against his whole argument that criticism of being considered "slow" as racist. White quarterbacks are run out of town just as viciously as black quarterbacks, so I don't buy his argument. Not one bit.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone heard from prison balls lately ?
Maybe he escaped and is running free in P.G. county ?

Posted by: Pimp referal | July 29, 2008 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 2:48 PM

Posted by: Comcast | July 29, 2008 2:51 PM

LOL!!!

Posted by: Not Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

I think Babatunde is related to the great Georgetown PF legend Boubacar Aw

Posted by: Pimp referal | July 29, 2008 2:51 PM

Third cousin to Egyptian Oud Player, Baba Ganoush. And distant relative of Indian mystic, Baba Rum Raisin.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

And a distant cousin of the great monarch Ramma Lamma Ding Dong

Posted by: John D in Houston | July 29, 2008 3:02 PM | Report abuse

"Oh...by the way, if Brett Favre were black, would he even have a chance to be in the Hall with a TD/INT ratio like his?"

If Brett Favre were black, would he be named "Brett"?

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Tom Brady's game speed makes JC look like a Geico caveman.

So how about them Redskin scrotum tobacco pouches?

Posted by: SnyderSucks | July 29, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

If you guys think you are thugs come on over to Somoa. We stay mashin on fools. Sippin on that Noni & Everclear. By the way if ya'll need a DT, Jala-at-ya-peno.
Grilliams ain't call me yet.

Posted by: Joe Salave'a | July 29, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I don't care what color our QB is. Anyone who does is more a fan of wearing a hood on the weekends than watching a game on tv. But keep pulling the race card if it makes you more comfortable.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:06 PM | Report abuse

He's third cousins twice removed from the great Obinna "Fo Sheezy" Okezie

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf | July 29, 2008 3:07 PM | Report abuse

The Truth has some points.

The Truth is a Ferrell fan to an extend but just wasn't excited by anything from Anchorman to Step Brother.

The Truth saw Step Brothers and it was hilarious.

The Truth laughed at the South Carolina\NASCAR comment, but firmly states he is not a NASCAR fan. The Truth also asks how smart it is to mock NASCAR when The Redskins Hall of Fame former headcoach left The Redskins for....NASCAR.

The Truth thinks people that whine and whine about racism are just annoying. The Truth states that no one's mind is going to be changed. The Truth says racist people will die racist, regardless of what anybody says to them, and the only people that really hear the whining are the non-racist people who don't need to hear it in the first place.

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Hidden Racism.

Posted by: Anon pimpin your mom | July 29, 2008 2:43 PM

It's crap like this that make me want to be racist. But I ain't gonna let you chumps win.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

The Truth also responds to this article and says that this new guy is training camp fodder and nothing more.

The Truth also says Brett Favre sucks.

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Has anyone seen POOP ? I miss his crusty a%# !!!

Posted by: POOP follower | July 29, 2008 3:10 PM | Report abuse

The Truth states that Big Tex needs to be traded from The Braves as soon as possible!

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 3:13 PM | Report abuse

The Truth misses an important point on racism. People do change. Some have discarded racism altogether. Others have moderated. Also importantly, it is what gets passed on from one generation to the next.

Example: there are a lot less homophobes now than 20 years ago. Or even 5 years ago.

Racism is borne of ignorance. People like SnyderSucks are ignorant, even if the blog moniker has some truth to it.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Ramma Lamma Ding Dong

Posted by: John D in Houston | July 29, 2008 3:02 PM

John D in Houston gives a clue to his age. That was from a song by the Edsels, popular in 1961. So, that makes John D about 104. He's good with a computer on an age-adjusted basis.

Next he's giving us "I told the witch doctor I was in love with you...oo-ee-oo-ah-ah-ting-tang-walla-walla-bing-bang"

Posted by: Mull It | July 29, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Atlanta the hate nation | July 29, 2008 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Imposter Truth -- The Real Truth would never say Brett Favre sucks

Posted by: Al Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

admits to being racist -- hates everything Dallas

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: chrIS LArry | July 29, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

my racism extends to almost everything Texas, except Austin, which is a great little city with its bats and Salt Lick BBQ. And Anne Richards. And no hard feelings to Redskins that grew up in Texas because it wasn't their fault

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

beep * beep!

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Hmm... Clemons had a cup of coffee with the Skins, right?

Aside from Fabini, I don't recall hearing any heat-related troubles among the Skins. Is it still brutally hot out there in Ashburn?

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 29, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

F fake beep beeps....

Al Zeke, Austin is the bomb, best Airport in the country b/c you can get Salt Lick BBQ in the airport, I love it!

BBQ rulz
racism drulz

Posted by: chrIS LArry | July 29, 2008 3:25 PM | Report abuse

arabian night goggles for your lady friend

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Clemmons played here for 2 years, we sorta let him slip away, hope the dude is OK....

Posted by: chrIS LArry | July 29, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Earthquakes make me poop my pants.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | July 29, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | July 29, 2008 3:14 PM

Tom Brady's thought process after the snap is def faster than JC! There were real tobacco pouches made out of that material! You're ignorant.

Posted by: RedskinsSucks | July 29, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

BBQ rulz
racism drulz

Posted by: chrIS LArry | July 29, 2008 3:25 PM

God bless chrIS LArry !!

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | July 29, 2008 3:27 PM | Report abuse

redskinssucks, sucks..........well use your imagination.

Posted by: Anonymous | July 29, 2008 3:32 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, I did some shots of apple cider vinegar, and I'm now experiencing some extreme cramping. Did I not follow the directions correctly?

On the plus side, my hamstrings feel awesome.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | July 29, 2008 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Good comeback, you ferocious keyboard warrior. Your momma's milk.

Posted by: RedskinsSucks | July 29, 2008 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Thank Atheism for Redskins Insider or I wouldn't know how I felt about racism, salt lick BBQ, or The Truth.

Posted by: Monkalicious | July 29, 2008 3:36 PM | Report abuse

all swamped today, Monk is an all time fave for me, he was the first Redskin I ever got to meet in Person, it was at a Pettiebones Sportsbar way back when i was a cubscout, you saw the guy, no helmet or pads he was very... human.

Posted by: Alex35332 | July 29, 2008 3:41 PM | Report abuse

beep beep

Posted by: swb | July 29, 2008 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Mark Schlereth lived in my nieghborhood back in 91-93. It was called Fox Mill Estates, Herndon Va. Not big homes at all like 1700sq ft. I think Ed Simmons lived nearby too because I always used to see him at the local Giant. It was always fun to see redskins through out the area. I miss those days.

Posted by: Earl Sugarloaf III | July 29, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

"Man you guys wanna see some racism, go hit up the Atlanta craigslist Rants & Raves, straight racist venom all day long. I really thought they had progressed when I moved down here from Fairfax Co. in 96' but it still feels like 1858 down here. Very little progress. Why does the majority of the south have to play right into the stereotypes that the rest of the nation has for them."

1) The Truth says that that is the internet where people say anything.

2) The Truth says the most racist person he has ever met in the south was a transplant from Rhode Island. The Truth says this was The Truth's neighbor growing up and the guy was horrendous.

3) The Truth does in fact think Brett Favre sucks. The Truth says JC > Favre this year.

Posted by: The Truth | July 29, 2008 4:11 PM | Report abuse

chris larry micheal

Posted by: coincidence? | July 29, 2008 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Yeah - Herndon/Chantilly area was great back when the old Redskin's park was by Dulles - worked right next to it - Ricky Sanders used to stop by our break room to hit on the ladies that worked at our call center; Mark Rypien shopped at the Giant by my apartments - Skins held their 87 strike votes in the conference room right above our offices...

Posted by: John D in Houston | July 29, 2008 4:27 PM | Report abuse