A Friend In Need

Ahmad, a regular on the blog who goes by 4th floor, and one of many of us with young families, just sent me an email to inform us that his daughter has passed away. She was just 19-months old and I can only imagine what Ahmad and his family are going through right now. It has to be the most incomprehensible feeling in the world, and our hearts go out to him.

Ahmad wanted to share his loss with us, and if there is any way this blog can help him in any way, then let's all pledge to do it. I'm not sure where to start, but Ahmad felt like we all got to know his daughter from the experiences we share about our kids on here, and I'd have to agree.

Ahmad actually puts it more eloquently than I ever could in his email tonight:

''I have been on this blog consistently through the off season, and because of that I feel a certain level of connection with you and them. I mean, I have received support from all of them from me losing my job to the time my daughter was in the hospital for a few days a few months back, to us bloggers who have kids just trading kids stories.

''I don't know what to do. It is 10:30 pm right now and everyone is asleep and all family and relatives are gone. I can't say my daughter's name without crying. My world revolved around her. Now I have nothing to revolve around.

''I hope that you can either get this out to them or just write a quick post about her. She deserves more than me writing about this in the comments section. All the regulars actually knew her even though they never saw her.

''She was MY Redskin Cheerleader. She KNEW the Redskins colors whenever they would appear on TV or someone was wearing the colors. Her 2nd birthday was/is on the same day as the Girls/Skins game (Dec 30th).

''I am drained and my daughter is dead. Her name was/is Saraye Sulochana Hamid."

We are with you in spirit in Ahmad. I am sickened about your loss, and please reach out to us for anything at all.

Our sincerest condolences. You, your family and Saraye will be in our prayers.

By Jason La Canfora  |  August 3, 2007; 12:14 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Afternoon Update
Next: Football Stuff

Comments

That is awful. God Bless you Ahmad, and your family, and tiny Saraye. My prayers are with you tonight.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 3, 2007 12:50 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I am heartbroken to hear this. It's something that every parent fears and no-one should ever have to go through.

I wish you and your family strength for the trials yet to come and that in time God will bring you peace.

You are in myself and my family's prayers.

Chris

Posted by: Redcoat | August 3, 2007 12:50 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Saraye Soluchana. I am sure she brought you, your wife and her siblings so much joy in the short time with which she was blessed.

You have my deepest sympathy. May God be with you and your family at this very sad time. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

One.

Posted by: LH | August 3, 2007 12:52 AM | Report abuse

In the face of tragedy like this I got nothin left to say. Maybe tomorrow we should discuss what we can do to support Ahmad at this awful time.

Good night and God bless.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 3, 2007 1:05 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad -

This is terrible to hear, I'm so sorry for the loss you have experienced with the passing of young Saraye.

My heart goes out to you and your family.

Daniel

Posted by: kost52 | August 3, 2007 1:20 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad let start by saying as a father of 3 ages 23, 16 and 14 I can in no way imagine the pain you are experiencing. I would be lost without my kids.
As I pray for you tonight iI pray that GOD give you the understanding as to why he called HIS angel home so early.

I know that the next year will be filled with firsts' without your REDSKIN CHEERLEADER but, when those dark days come over you think about the firsts' you experienced together.

The Wade family offer prayers for your family! GOD bless you!!

Posted by: GWADE | August 3, 2007 1:40 AM | Report abuse

The Wade family offer prayers for your family! GOD bless you!!

Posted by: GWADE | August 3, 2007 1:40 AM | Report abuse

I'm so sorry for your loss and I cant even begin to imagine how devastating this loss is for you and your family. To have loved and lost is one of the hardest things to experience. But remember it is better than to have never loved at all. Cherish the memories of your daughter and be happy that you did get to have her for the time that you did. I truly believe that she is in a better place and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Posted by: Nicky | August 3, 2007 1:52 AM | Report abuse

No man should ever have to bury his child. I pray that you can have the strength to overcome such a heart-breaking loss

Posted by: Dom | August 3, 2007 1:55 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad -- yes we are your family, and we will all be praying for you and your daughter. All the fathers (and mothers) on this blog can't fathom what it must be like. Sorry is the only word that I can say, and I know its utterly meaningless for you.

Posted by: Paps in Manila | August 3, 2007 2:04 AM | Report abuse

It brings me to tears.
It brings me to tears.

I've a daughter who is 3 and a son who is 5. There is nothing I fear more than loosing them, but no matter what we do it is in God's hands.

I know that you will miss your little angel. I will pray that God will give you and your family strength and courage. The loss is unimaginable. Her spirit is everlasting, it will always be with you.

Saraye Sulochana Hamid,
Saraye Sulochana Hamid,

I will keep you in my prayers.

Peyton

Posted by: Stumped | August 3, 2007 2:56 AM | Report abuse

4th

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. As a father myself, I can't help but be broken hearted with you.

I look at my three-week-old daughter and cry at the thought knowing it is your reality.

May God be with you.

Posted by: bangkokben | August 3, 2007 3:44 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I can't even begin to tell you how badly I feel for you. I'm actually up and on the blog at this hour because my 4 year old woke me up to get him some tissue. I was annoyed that he had awakened me and that I couldn't get back to sleep, so I sat down at the computer, only to find this news about your daughter. Needless to say, I am no longer annoyed. I can't stop crying. And, I want to go to my son's bed and pick him up and hold him and never let him go because I cannot imagine the unbearable sadness that you must feel and that I would feel if he was no longer with me to "annoy" me. It doesn't help you any, but thank you for helping me to put things into perspective.

I will pray for you and your family, that you find the strength to make it through this eventually.

Posted by: JustMe | August 3, 2007 4:22 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. The words are meaningless but that's all I can say.

Redskins Nation, let's unite in keeping Ahmad and his family in our thoughts and prayers and wishing them peace of mind as soon as possible.

Posted by: quasiac07 | August 3, 2007 4:51 AM | Report abuse

God Bless you Ahmad, and your family.I will pray for you and your family.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2007 6:30 AM | Report abuse

God Bless you Ahmad, and your family.I will pray for you and your family.

Posted by: TJ | August 3, 2007 6:30 AM | Report abuse

God Bless you Ahmad, and your family.I will pray for you and your family.

Posted by: TJ | August 3, 2007 6:30 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I hope the memories of the joy she brought you will give you the strength to overcome your sorrow.

Posted by: KK | August 3, 2007 6:38 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad
You and your daughter are in my prayers. This really puts everything into perspective. Hang in there.

Posted by: Mike V | August 3, 2007 7:06 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad

Posted by: Mike V | August 3, 2007 7:06 AM | Report abuse

Losing a child just has to be the most soul scarring experience, and as a father with two children, my heart goes out to him. Any one who loses a child, and especially a child so loved and cherished as his daughter, well, words will never heal, sympathetic thoughts will never erase, and time will never completely eliminate the scars from such a loss. Hopefully Ahmad knows that the moments he had with his daughter will never leave either..and it is those moments upon which any joy can begin to repair such a tragedy. As a parent, I'm there with you Ahmad, and some sense of pain is felt by all of us. Each day, each moment in time will be a struggle, but perhaps in time the scars will heal,if even a little.

Posted by: Fred | August 3, 2007 7:07 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, The unthinkable has happened. If the power existed on an earthly level for me to wield, the thing would be undone. I am sorry for you. I am sorry for your family. I will cry for you. I will pray for Saraye. I will pray for you, and your family. God bless you all
Better times............

Posted by: Mike S | August 3, 2007 7:39 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, my thoughts and prayers go out to you on the loss of your precious little girl.

Posted by: Lisa | August 3, 2007 7:40 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, our condolences to you and your family. No body should ever go through this.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2007 7:47 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad;

As everyone else has mentioned, you have many friends here. My family prays for you and yours during this time of sorrow.

Do not be a stranger, you have RI as a shoulder to cry on.

Posted by: Zebra | August 3, 2007 7:50 AM | Report abuse

Some ways to help our man Ahmad would be to create a RI shirt, with his blessing, in tribute to his little angel, and proceeds going to him or his charity of choice.

And in the spirit of competition, for our fantasy league, same thing.

Posted by: Zebra | August 3, 2007 7:57 AM | Report abuse

And this story really is hitting home as my wife is caring for my son who has a high fever the last three days.

I thought I was being paranoid because I am searching him for mosquito bites, cause there was standing water and I am afraid of west nile.

But I will be ALWAYS VIGILANT, if not paranoid, to ensure my little one is safe.

Again Ahmad, we feel your pain, let us know what we can do to help.

Posted by: Zebra | August 3, 2007 8:01 AM | Report abuse

I think that's a fine idea Zebra.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 3, 2007 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

In many regards we are a family. We argue and fight and disagree about this passion of ours but in the end we must agree that it is small and insignificant in relationship to what really matters in life. My prayer for you in this time of great trial is that you find peace. It will not be easy to find but it is the only thing that will ease your burdens. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: DMAN | August 3, 2007 8:12 AM | Report abuse

No words could possibly express the depth of your loss. I am a father as well, and cannot imagine the devastation you and your family are going through.

I will Pray for healing for you and your family.

Posted by: Greg(Boston) | August 3, 2007 8:12 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, all our thoughts are with you now. My deepest condolences for your loss.

Posted by: Rich from Salisbury | August 3, 2007 8:17 AM | Report abuse

My condolences to you and your family. As a father of 3 yr old twins, I can't imagine the pain and sadness you're going through. You are in our prayers...

Posted by: Rob | August 3, 2007 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I can't imagine your loss, but I hope you can find a way to push on. I am overwhelmed by your story, but also by the words of support from so many strangers (that we all know so well). I hope they can be of some solace.

I also hope you can find the support in your family, as I'm sure they need you as much as you need them.

Peace be with you and with your dearly departed Saraye. No one should have to endure this.

Posted by: Bucktown Skins Fan | August 3, 2007 8:48 AM | Report abuse

4th,

I'm in my 40s and I can't remember the last time I cried. Your pain must be immeasurable; my girls are what keep me going. Its even harder to imagine how obliterated my wife would be. You are not alone. My prayers go out to you and your wife, that you may grow more close, and through this together, and find calm through the pain.

Steve

Posted by: dcsween | August 3, 2007 9:04 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad, that is unbelievably sad and I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine--mine are 2 and a month away. I only hope you can find strength and solace in your family, friends and the redskins community you have here.

Posted by: WrongDog | August 3, 2007 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
Sorry to hear about your lost. I pray that Allah comforts you and your family at this time. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know brother. This is just heart breaking news.

Posted by: jm220 | August 3, 2007 9:13 AM | Report abuse

May God grant you and your family the strength you need to make it through most difficult period. Our prayers are with you.

Posted by: Ahmad | August 3, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: FW | August 3, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: FW | August 3, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, there is nothing worse than losing a child. I have two wonderful little toddlers myself and know how much joy and fullfilment they bring into my life. Know that your grief is heart felt by others. You have tought me life is prescious and to be lived to it's fullest each and every day. Take care of the ones we love.

Posted by: stick75 | August 3, 2007 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Being a parent myself, I can imagine how gut wrenching this can be. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. May the almighty give you the strength to deal through this loss.
RIP Saraye Sulochana.

Posted by: Sunil | August 3, 2007 9:21 AM | Report abuse

4th,

My most heartfelt and sincerest condolences.

Posted by: Pub Golf | August 3, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad: My heart goes out to you. Try to stay strong for your family's sake.

Posted by: Mad Dog | August 3, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

4th,

a deep sigh and a small tear as a sit at work and think of you.

stay strong.

A friend forever.

Posted by: Old School | August 3, 2007 9:23 AM | Report abuse

My deepest sympathies. I don't have much more to add, nothing is more personally tragic than the loss of one's child.

Posted by: Taxman | August 3, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I'm completely devastated for you. I share the same feelings that everyone here has expressed. Such an unthinkable tragedy. Please know that we all in some small way share in your loss and will do anything we can to support you.

James

Posted by: SMACK | August 3, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I cannot imagine the pain you feel. My wife and I will pray for you, your family, and Saraye.

Mark

Posted by: Mark (in 21132) | August 3, 2007 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I am very sorry to hear it. W are praying for your family...Hang in there..

Posted by: RK_in _texas | August 3, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

I am very sorry to hear it. W are praying for your family...Hang in there..

Posted by: RK_in _texas | August 3, 2007 9:42 AM | Report abuse

4th - I can't express how empty and sorry I feel for you right now. As the father of a 10 month old daughter, this is my biggest fear. Please know that you are in my family's thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Posted by: mile high | August 3, 2007 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I have an 11 month old girl, and I can't possibly imagine what you must be going through right now. My wife an I offer you our deepest sympathies.

Posted by: Jahswim | August 3, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse

This is incomprehensible, Ahmad. I'm sickened by this. And I'm so incredibly sorry. This is not fair. Not fair at all. Why this has to happen to a little 19 month angel, is beyond my ability to comprehend. As I'm sure it is yours.

Abraham Lincoln once said "I pray that our heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement"

And I think it's safe to say that all of us here feel the same way. We pray that God may be with you during this very sad time. And that He may help in some way, shape, or form.

Posted by: Pretzel Boy | August 3, 2007 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I offer my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Being a new father of a 5 month old, I can not comprehend your lose and feelings. Please let me know if there is a memorial fund in her name.

Posted by: Slickred 1 | August 3, 2007 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Prayers for you and your family.

Posted by: Go Skins Go | August 3, 2007 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

As I write this I'm watching my 17 month old playing on the floor of my study...from one father to another (and you always will be a father), I extend my heartfelt sympathy and can feel myself choking back at the thought of such a devastating loss. I pray that you and your family may find comfort.

Posted by: pfunk | August 3, 2007 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I am terribly heartbroken by this news. I am a father as well. I pray the memories you have with your little daughter will sustain you during this unbelievable time. We are with you in spirit. Peace be with you and your family.

Posted by: Pulldownclaw | August 3, 2007 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

My wife and I will have your family in our prayers. As a father, I can only imagine your grief. I think we're all glad you reached out. Peace will come to you and your family in time. God bless.

Posted by: Mike H. | August 3, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

This is terrible. I am so sad for you and your family.

Your family is in my prayers.

Posted by: Chris | August 3, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, 4th.

Posted by: MV Dame | August 3, 2007 10:39 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of sorrow you and your family must be experiencing. Please accept my deepest condolences and sympathy.

I know your daughter was loved and she knows she was loved. She may not be here with us today in body but know she is in spirit and she is no longer ailing.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this dark time.

Sincerely,
Justin

Posted by: JGBSKINZ | August 3, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

JLC: thanks for sharing this on the blog.

There are nights when I spend three hours trying to get my 2 year old daughter to bed that I find myself hating life. When she is finally asleep, I always regret my frustrations and want to kick my own a** for being so impatient and selfish. Reading Ahmad's letter makes me feel this way even more.

Ahmad, I am so truly sorry for your loss. Thank you for reminding us all why we need to value every day with our children and not lose sight of how precious these times are.

Posted by: jasonVA | August 3, 2007 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad
You have my deepest condolences. As the father of two I can't begin to imagine the pain you and your family are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Andy

Posted by: skinswest | August 3, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

Thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. I wish I knew what to say...

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | August 3, 2007 10:57 AM | Report abuse

JLaC,

Is there anything we can do for Ahmad and the family...whether it is flowers or even a donation of some kind?

Posted by: Cheyenne, WY | August 3, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,as a father of four and a grandfather, I am heartbroken over your loss,but know this my friend,you will ALWAYS be her father and she will ALWAYS be with you.Stay strong as we will pray for you.

Posted by: dawglbs | August 3, 2007 11:01 AM | Report abuse

4th,

I got chills reading what you sent to JLC as a father of 2 (and one on the way). I hurt for you and can only say that I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I can not imagine your pain, but I know it must seem unbearable. Things like this just dont make sense, no matter what you believe or how hard you believe it. I am so sorry and would join any of the others on here if there is anything you need.

Chris

Posted by: Inigo Montoya | August 3, 2007 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

Just as we on the blog have delighted in good news on other days, on this awful day we are grieving together for Saraye.

It's an honor that you shared this news with us on the blog. The comments above express the love and support we're all feeling, and I hope you can take a small measure of strength from these words, which feel so inadequate right now.

-Nate

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 3, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

My families thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours my friend. I cannot fathom the thought of losing any of our children and we know that Saraye is under God's wing now. The Redskins that have fallen now have a new cheerleader in heaven.

Posted by: Dlyne8r | August 3, 2007 11:15 AM | Report abuse

4th, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is just heartbreaking. My prayers are with you and Saraye during this painful time.

Joe

Posted by: Joe in Raleigh | August 3, 2007 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

My deepest sympathies and condolences to your family. As a father of a 4 yr old daughter and a 18 month old daughter. Our family is saddened by your loss. We will be praying for you and your family.

Posted by: calebt17 | August 3, 2007 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad-

As the father of an 8 month old, this hit me like a ton of bricks. Please know that I'm grieving for you and your family on this darkest day. Your little angel Saraye will always be with you, both in your heart and in your soul.

Dan

Posted by: 4-12 | August 3, 2007 11:33 AM | Report abuse

Inna Lillah Wa Inna Ilay-he-rajeoon

4th, i usually pray before i start the day...but for some reason this site opened up by "mistake". and i read the post because of the title before praying... you and your family were in my prayers today.

i am sorry for your loss my brother.

Posted by: dealer | August 3, 2007 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Jason/Cindy, would it be possible to remove my earlier post directed to Mugamack? He/she obviously didn't know what was happening, so my post doesn't need to remain. You can remove this one too please.

Also, is it possible not to close this post ever? That way people can pay their respects in their own time.

Thanks,
Chris

Posted by: Redcoat | August 3, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I'm at a loss for words. And in my heart, I know there's none sufficient enough to convey the sorrow and sadness I feel at the news of your daughter's passing.

My strength and prayers to you and your family in this time of grief.

Posted by: FlimFlam | August 3, 2007 11:46 AM | Report abuse

4th,

Although I am just a regular lurker, this truly brought tears to my eyes. The thoughts and prayers of my entire family go out to you and yours during this tragic time.

Posted by: bigfish | August 3, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I am deeply sorry for your loss and pain. I am a Christian and want you to know I will be praying for you and your family. It is hard to offer you any advice to someone that is going through what going through. Just know this all of us bloggers are here for you. In any way that I can help you or pray for you please email me. The Redskins are important to us when we click on the blogs but this surpasses anything regarding sports. I am so sorry and those hours of the night its hard to sleep and you feel all alone please reflect on your good times with your Daughter. I have no explanation why this horrible thing has taken place but one thing I know God is for you and not against you.
I will be praying for you and I want you to know that we are all here for you. TZ

Posted by: tjzukoski@yahoo.com | August 3, 2007 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Only those who have known the loss of a child can truly understand the unimaginable sorrow you and your family must feel.

I hope that the words of support and concern that are expressed by all of us here offer some level of comfort.

And thank you for sharing this difficult time with all of us -- know that each one of us will now take that extra time with our families to appreciate all that they mean to us. That is a gift; so, thank you.

Posted by: CMoney | August 3, 2007 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Every day I am reminded of how lucky I am to have two healthy happy kids. Unfortunately, today I was also reminded that not everyone shares the same happiness that I do.

I have no idea what I or my wife would do if our children were not part of our lives. I cannot comprehend what you and your wife must be feeling.

Tonight I will give my kids and extra hug and ask them to say a prayer for you and your family. Please accept this note in the spirit that is intended and no that all of us on this blog are your brothers and sisters and that you are not alone.

Posted by: Moody | August 3, 2007 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Some things in this life truly ar enot fair and don't make any sense. Sorry for your loss and I am sure your daughter is in a good place smiling down on you.

Posted by: cdubb | August 3, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter Saraye. Please accept my condolences to you and your family.

With kindest regards,

Ashley

Posted by: Ash in London | August 3, 2007 12:23 PM | Report abuse

This is a profoundly sad story. Losing a baby puts everything in perspective and the whole world seems to fall away in the distance. Nothing seems to console, helpless and hopeless thoughts swirling.

I tend to think of Viktor Frankl's quote from his book "Man's Search for Meaning". In the concentration camp, with no hope, and no control over your destiny when it seemed the end was near, at the precipice ... "Bliss comes with dreams of a beloved."

I hope that in the end dreams of your daughter will bring you bliss.

Posted by: periculum | August 3, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm truly sorry for your lose.

Posted by: Tony | August 3, 2007 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Your love for your daughter is inspiring. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posted by: Ghitza | August 3, 2007 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad -

Very sorry to hear that, and just hope the thoughts and prayers of those around you can help you through these trying times.

Posted by: VTMatt | August 3, 2007 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I know that there's nothing we can say or do to take away your pain, but maybe there is something on this site that will at least help you understand what you and your family are going through...and are faced with.

Some of the links at the bottom looked helpful too.

We're with you my brother.

Peace.

Posted by: Stumped | August 3, 2007 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I am sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. I will ask others to pray for you as well.
Wes

Posted by: RockyTopSkin | August 3, 2007 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

While I do not know you, I am very familar with the loss you are dealing with. My family is praying for you today and we will keep you in our prayers.

Posted by: Jim | August 3, 2007 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Good Luck, Ahmad. It is going to be difficult. I cannot imagine how you feel. My heart breaks for you and your family. Be strong.

Posted by: Patty | August 3, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I am sorry about the loss of your precious daughter. Even as the father of two little boys, I cannot fully understand what you are going through. May God provide you with comfort and peace, for He also experienced a loss of his Son, when Jesus Christ died for us and our sins. We will pray for you during this time of grief.

Posted by: M | August 3, 2007 1:07 PM | Report abuse

I am deeply saddened by your loss. You will be in my prayers.
-Bryan

Posted by: SonicJones | August 3, 2007 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad:

My prayers are with you. I am deeply sorry about your loss.

Mike

Posted by: mike | August 3, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
My thoughts are with you as you recover from this terrible tragedy.
Please let us know if there will be a fund created in your daughter's name or if there is a charity in which you would like us to send money in her honor.
We should only speak of good news,
Scott

Posted by: Scott (DC) | August 3, 2007 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I'm very sorry for your loss. You and Saraye are in our prayers.

Posted by: LaVar Walt Clark | August 3, 2007 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I have never posted on RI (though I read daily) but this touched and deeply saddened me. As a mother of a 2-year old daughter, I couldn't read your message without contributing to the thoughts, prayers, well wishes, and expressions of sympathy offered by all here. It doesn't take a relationship with the parent to recognize and identify with the sorrow from the loss of a child...any child. My deepest prayers and condolences to you and your family. May you find strength and peace in each other at this time when you will all serve as reminders to continue to live with the happiness she brought you, in her precious memory.

-Erin

Posted by: DieHardLady | August 3, 2007 1:59 PM | Report abuse

God bless you and your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you
dave

Posted by: connskins | August 3, 2007 2:14 PM | Report abuse

God bless you and your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you
dave

Posted by: connskins | August 3, 2007 2:15 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I too, am a frequent reader of the blog that has never posted. I cannot imagine the pain that you are going through. I have two daughters that are my Redskin Cheerleaders and they frequently attend the games with me. Please know that your sorrrow is touching people all over. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family though this difficult time.

Pat

Posted by: Ricci22 | August 3, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

Heartfelt condolences to you, your wife, and your family. Words could not possibly describe the incredible sense of loss you and your wife must be feeling.

No parent should ever have to bury their child. You will be in our hearts and prayers.

God Bless little Saraye.

-Kevin

Posted by: k Squared | August 3, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Saraye. Nothing can ever heal your pain, but hopefully, you'll take a small amount of comfort in knowing that you have so many people who would like to offer some support in this time of sadness for you and your family.

Denise

Posted by: Green Baby G. | August 3, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter. God Bless you and your family.

Posted by: Jerry | August 3, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

4th Floor,
You and your family are in my prayers. May you have the strength to carry your family.

Posted by: Hbrg Fan | August 3, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Dear Ahmad,

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to understand the pain you are going through. Makes you realize how precious life is. I will be giving my 8 year old an extra hug and kiss tonight, then saying a prayer for you and your family.

Posted by: RobInVaBeach | August 3, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

WOW! Thanks GUYS (AND GALS)! I am actually smiling right now! I can't believe it!

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!

I feel like writing a whole lot now, but I'll just write in pieces.

Yes, my daughter I ALWAYS talk about on this blog is not with us anymore. Cause of death is currently unknown. There are A LOT of questions right now and the autopsy raised more.

This happened while I was at work and she was at the Day Care, A LICENSED MD DAY CARE. I can't say that anyone did anything on purpose, but there is a possibility that she might have been unattended for too long and GOD knows what happenned. Thats alli know.

There is not one second that has gone by seince Wednesday that I don't think about her. Not one second.

Well, we have an 8 yr old son we have to tend to. And, as most of you guys know, my wife is pregnant. Her due date is 10 days before my daughter's 2nd birthday. The baby in the belly (a boy) has made moving like a mad man since Wednesday. I guess he senses something isn't right.

I can't say how enough how much I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone.

As far as a memorial fund or anything else, I don't know right now. It's too early for me. I just came back from the funeral Home and THANK GOD, the prices for any service are only ONE FIFTH of the full price. So, the fees are def manageable.

Saraye LOVED ballons. You can send ballons instead of Flowers. She didn't really like flowers that much.

I also just came back from 15th & L Street NW (WashPo) to do the obituary. It will come out in Sunday's paper. Now you can see how lovely she looked.

All right. Everyone is sleeping and I am up, so I might post for a little while.

Again, Thanks JLaC (Should it be JFLaC?), and all the bloggers. Regulars and lurkers. I don't want ot start naming because I know I will forget someone.

Also, I can't believe how many little ones the blog world has. Incredible. The life of (mostly) married ones, huh? I love it!

Ahmad (no more 4th)

Posted by: Ahmad formerly 4th | August 3, 2007 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

May you find the strength to deal with this unspeakable tragedy.
We share your pain and pray for you and your family.

Willie

Posted by: Redskin Willie | August 3, 2007 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Ahamad,
I'm praying that Jesus Christ comfort you and your family's hearts as you go through this tragedy. I can't say I understand the pain you all are in because I've never been through something like you're experiencing. I know He cares for you....
For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
2nd Corinthians 1:5

Chris

Posted by: Skins Fan in Charlotte | August 3, 2007 4:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad we (lurkers and regulars) can provide somewhat of a ray of sunshine for you during this time. As I said before, my entire family's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Posted by: bigfish | August 3, 2007 4:46 PM | Report abuse

I hope that we can keep this thread going for you, Ahmad.

We've been trying to talk football, but we're all a little too devastated by your loss to get anything going.

Peace

Posted by: Stumped | August 3, 2007 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad jan,

I woke up this morning and checked the blog as I do every morning and did not know what to write. I spent the day thinking of what to write and I still have no words except to say that my thoughts our with you. Be strong and don't be afraid to cry as we are all here with you.

Posted by: Franky4Fingers | August 3, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I'm really glad to see you up here and read that the blog put a smile on your face. If we collectively have pulled that off, all the time we've put in on this blog has been worthwhile.

When the time is right to think about this, I'd like to help coordinate some kind of fundraiser in Saraye's honor. We could in effect dedicate the season on the blog to her memory, with whatever efforts we undertake finishing on December 30, her birthday and the date of our season finale vs Dallas. Plenty of time to consider this, of course.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 3, 2007 5:05 PM | Report abuse

I feel the love. It is keeping me moving right now. Thanks a whole lot. Timeis just super duper slow right now.

Again, I appreciate it very much.

I have been letting my wife and family members know about my little blog secret I have been hiding (unintentionally) from them. They have been reading EVERYONE's comments and are amazed at all of the sympathy I am receiveing.

I too was once a lurker, but decided to jump into the foray around week1 or so. I am glad now that I did......

Posted by: Ahmad | August 3, 2007 5:07 PM | Report abuse

I'm tasting the salt of my tears for you, Ahmad, your family, and precious Saraye.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 3, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nate!

Coincedently, On Tuesday,I tried to set up a My Space page, So I can upload pics of the Fam. I was atleast able to set this...

I posted all of this the day before everything hsppened. I need to put more pics up, but you can at least get a view of how she looked. I also put the song up before. The song is befitting.

Posted by: Ahmad | August 3, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family as I know that everything seems so incomprehensible now.

God bless you; the burgundy and gold nation and RI family is here for you!

~Trevor

Posted by: TDawg | August 3, 2007 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I want to again say that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. It has been a really sad day for all of us bloggers.

I once worked with a man who lost his baby son...in a situation similar to yours. His baby was at the sitters and I'm not sure they ever found out what happened. He had an older son and daughter as well. It was devastating.

Please let us know how we can help...

Posted by: Lisa | August 3, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Not trying to promote the site but I wanted to let you know, Ahmad, that all Skins fans send their condolences.

Posted by: RedskinsDave | August 3, 2007 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Dear Ahmad,

This is my first ever blog....but as a father I want to pass my love to your family Ahmad for this terrible ordeal. I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong.

Posted by: JJ | August 3, 2007 7:14 PM | Report abuse

Thanks JJ!! This was and still is my 1st Blog, save for my 5 posts on the Cowgirls' blog......

Posted by: Ahmad | August 3, 2007 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Hey Ahmad,

Good to see you're still smiling. It's amazing the connections this blog creates. I was so sad for you yesterday.

RI Nation is behind you bud.

Posted by: kost52 | August 3, 2007 7:36 PM | Report abuse

God bless you and your family in this sad time.

Posted by: TheGuru10 | August 3, 2007 7:49 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, you are a tough dude. From the stories you've told, I can tell you are a fighter and you will persevere. It's good to know that you have such a happy event on the horizon, with your wife being pregnant. I'm glad I stalked you at the basketball game. Ahmad, not so much, but hey, I've met the man, people!

Posted by: SMACK | August 3, 2007 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Mother Nature weeps
Faith of our Father's sees through
Unbearable loss

Ahmad -

May you find
Comfort in a comfortless time
Sleep through sleepness Nights
Dawn for this darkest Day
A guiding Star in the Storm
To a Faith that you'll see your Love
Once more.

Deepest condolences,
Jeff

Posted by: HaikuMan | August 3, 2007 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Thanks HaikuMan! Was that a Haiku? It dosen't matter.

SMACK - Yes, I could spot you anywhere now. I have no choice right now but to say strong. I have numbed up very much now. But, there is still a funeral I must face....

I don't know if I mentioned it, but you will see her obituary in the WashPo on Sunday.

Kost & Nate - I got your emails! THanks. Will repond later!

Posted by: Ahmad | August 3, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, your loss is completely unimaginable to a lot of us. We feel for you, we empathize with you, and we are there for you in spirit. I hope God is with you tonight and well into the future. My prayers are with you.

Posted by: P Diddy | August 3, 2007 10:52 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

The johnny come lately that I am... I'm posting this too little too late. Wow, what to say...

It kills me to write this.

Inconceivable, too much for one man to bear.

I have two myself, 3 and 12.

Take care of the one you have and know that the one to come and the one you have need you, the good and honorable man that you are.

Know also that the one you lost still loves you and that she is waiting for you and that you will be whole again.

A salaam malakem. You are our brother.

Posted by: Larry Bud | August 3, 2007 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, I am so very sorry. I cannot imagine how overwhelming this loss must be and my heart breaks for you and your family.

Posted by: Cindy | August 4, 2007 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I was so very sorry to read of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Posted by: Sharon/Bklyn | August 4, 2007 9:37 AM | Report abuse

May the Lord be with you and your family during this most difficult of times.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Posted by: Tokyo Skin | August 4, 2007 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Guys! Tokyo in the house!

I was really sad this morning and I had to hop on and re read all of the comments so I would feel better. Thanks!

One hour until dame time!

Posted by: Ahmad | August 4, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad:

my deepest sympathies. I can not even begin to imagine how you are feeling and what you going through.

May God bless you and give whatever you need to get through this.

Posted by: skinsfan@8KaboveMSL | August 4, 2007 12:25 PM | Report abuse

sorry ahmad... i don't know you but nobody should have to go through it. My sympathies.

Posted by: bethesdaboy | August 4, 2007 1:38 PM | Report abuse

sorry ahmad

Posted by: bethesdaboy | August 4, 2007 1:39 PM | Report abuse

I am terribly sorry to hear of the loss to Ahmad and his family. Our thoughts, prayers, and wishes are with you.

Posted by: Fan in Ohio | August 4, 2007 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
my family and I offer prayers of comfort to you and your family. God bless you.

Posted by: nicefellow31 | August 4, 2007 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad.

Stay strong my friend. As a father of an 11 month old son I'm sitting here crying! I can't imagine. My mom said that I would understand the love of a parent one day, and I do so I DO FEEL your pain. God has your little angel now as she was needed in heaven! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Eric

Posted by: Eric | August 4, 2007 8:23 PM | Report abuse

Hi Ahmad,
Just wanted to let you know I saw Saraye's obituary in the paper today. She was and always will be a beautiful little girl. Sounds like you have a lot of family coming together, and the healing process has started. Take care man.

Posted by: James | August 5, 2007 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ahmad | August 5, 2007 1:41 PM | Report abuse

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for sharing the link to Saraye's obituary. She was a beautiful little girl. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: Lisa | August 5, 2007 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

What a sweet, beautiful girl. Your loss tears my heart in two. Keep it together, my friend. Her spirit lives on.

Posted by: Stumped | August 5, 2007 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

So so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Posted by: Ricky Bobby | August 5, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

ahmad, about 8 years ago i came to visit your house and met you @ your mumm's in silver spring. you were with one of your friends. i met you very briefly about 10 seconds and the impression i got from you was what a nice young man. and i'm here to tell everyone that everything you have told about yourself is true and you are very very very hard on yourself sometimes. you sell yourself too short. you are A MAN among boys!!!

i was with my wife when we read saraye's...and as i read the names of your family...i just started screaming..."NO! NO! NO!" and i told my wife who you were...

we are so very sorry. saraye looked alot like your mumm.

we will see you soon.

Posted by: dealer | August 5, 2007 7:09 PM | Report abuse

I have a 3 month old daughter. I will give her an extra hug and kiss tonight. God bless you and your family.

Rich

Posted by: RichInTampa | August 5, 2007 8:29 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, stop playing!

email me @ rightwaytax@hotmail.com and tell me how I met you. Dang, it's a small world. This was in '99?

Thanks again guys for all of your support!

Posted by: Ahmad | August 5, 2007 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

Having lost my father I understand the feeling of devastation. Words cannot express the deepest sympathy you and your family have from mine. We will pray for you and your family so that His blessings will shine down on your family and alleviate the suffering you're going through.

God Bless you and Keep you !!

Posted by: Thaiphoon | August 6, 2007 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I can't imagine the pain you must feel at this time. JLC's post of your email brought tears to my eyes as I thought of my 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter. This just breaks my heart to think of your loss! May she always live on with you and your family...

May God be with you and your family, may he lift you up again. You will be in my prayers my friend.

God Bless and Be Strong!

Posted by: E in VB | August 6, 2007 12:32 PM | Report abuse

I've been out of touch with the blog for a while so I just want to throw in my condolences. Sorry to hear of this tragedy, man. So sad and I hope all goes better for you in the future.

Hang in there man. You're lucky to have a wife and a child for supprt.

Posted by: charlie | August 6, 2007 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: friend | August 6, 2007 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

My heart aches for you, your family and your loss. My family will be praying for you and yours.

God bless you and hang in there.

Posted by: Hooville | August 6, 2007 6:03 PM | Report abuse

I haven't been on the blog in a while, so I was catching up and I saw this post. Ahmad, I am so so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful little girl. As a mother of two little boys it's hard for me to read news stories about children who are harmed or who have died... it always makes me want to hug my boys so much... and here I am at work, with both my boys at daycare, and all I want to do is go hug them right now. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Peace be with you and your little angel girl.

Jen

Posted by: bandwagon blues | August 7, 2007 12:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm late to this after being away for a few days.

Ahmad -
I don't know what to say except I'm profoundly sorry for you and your family. You have shared so much with us over this last year and in return hopefully we can shoulder a little sliver of your grief in this time.

Saraye is a beautiful girl and no doubt made the world a better place in her short time here for she brought you joy and love and hope. And that is what makes the world go round.

Peace and strength and love to you and your family my friend. I send my thoughts and hope and love for all of you in this time.

Felitia

Posted by: sfskin | August 7, 2007 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,
Here's a Haiku based only on the words in the 23rd Psalm, thought you might like it.

I shall head surely
through pastures of his presence
still green with mercy

Posted by: Stumped | August 7, 2007 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, stumped and sfskin! This has been a difficult time for my family but we all feel better after reading and rereading thoughts such as the ones left on this blog entry.

I can't thanks you guys enough....

Posted by: Ahmad | August 7, 2007 6:59 PM | Report abuse

I had did a search when I heard about the loss of your little one to see if there was some sort of a write up. You are really blessed to have so many that care for you and your family over this blog. I posted briefly on the guestbook page. It really sadden me when I got a call that this had happened. I know that we have not been in a contact for a minute. I wish I could have met Saraye...she is a beautiful girl. You all were and are still very blessed. I know during times like this we often question why such a thing could happen....Only God makes that call and I am sure that Saraye is in a better place and it may not seem that easy right now, but you all will get through it...it will just take one day at a time. I pray for strength for your family in this trying time. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Posted by: Jsand | August 8, 2007 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Ahmad brother my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on this day. We are here and call on us if you need someone to talk with.

Posted by: jm220 | August 8, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

I can't say it better than JM did. God be with you and your family at this time Ahmad.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 8, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Be strong, Ahmad. Thinking a lot about you and your family and Saraye today.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 8, 2007 3:08 PM | Report abuse

You said Saraye liked balloons. Here's a balloon story.

My wife returned from the grocery store with balloons for both of my kids. My daughter was about 2 years old at the time and naturally was overjoyed (she loves them too). As they were getting out of the car, Ellie accidentally let her's go and she watched it gently rise up into the sky and drift away.

Well, she was inconsolable, she cried, and cried, and cried. I didn't understand why it was such a big deal, after all, that's what happens when you let go of your balloon. Ben (her big brother) was willing to share his balloon with her too, but nothing seemed to help.

I didn't understand why she was so upset until a few days later. She began asking (as well as a 2 year old can) if her other toys and even people would go up into the sky too.

Then, the light went on for me and I understood why she was so upset. Sharing in your loss, I also realize how right she was to cry and be afraid. After all, that's what we do when we lose someone we love.

Posted by: Stumped | August 8, 2007 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I'm so sorry to read this. I have 2 children of my own and cannot comprehend what you must be going through.

God bless, my friend.

Posted by: etrod | August 8, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

Please accept my most heart-felt condolences. No one should be faced with the suffering you and your family must be experiencing. Know that you and your daughter are in our thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: mugamack | August 8, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

For Ahmad & Shanika

When Shanika called me with the news I was at the gym. For some odd reason I had my cell phone with me (I never carry my cell phone in with me). But, it was for a reason. Well, needless to say I couldn't continue to workout. I had chills all over my body. I just want you both to know that I am so sorry for your loss. I had no idea what to say and still really don't know what to say.

I want both of you to know that yes Saraye will be missed dearly but you two are very strong people and will make it through this together.

I will never forget when I was over your house for the Super Bowl game and Saraye was running around and she would fall or be playing rough with the other children and I would look at the two of you and be like "Saraye is hurt or being rough" and I would get the same response from the both of you "She'll be alright". Well, I told this story just to remind the both of you that Saryae is STILL alright. She is at peace now and watching over you.

My family and I are keeping the both of you in our prayers and I hope that God gives you the strength to stay strong for Karon and the new little one that is on the way. I just want the both of you to also know that I Love the both of you and and I send out my deepest condolences out to your family.

Posted by: Shafiq | August 8, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad,

I can only imagine that today is in some ways the hardest as you wake up and realize that you must find a way to go on and be strong and live your life.

You have overcome so much based on the stories you have shared with all of us and so I imagine even though you'll have moments where your heart is in shreds you will also pass through these hours and days and find strength and comfort and peace.

You can trust that we your blog family will be here whenever you need having our ridiculous discussions, bickering, sharing news, swapping beer preferences and celebarting our team. We'll be here when you need us.

Love and peace to you and your family and be well.

Felitia

Posted by: sfskin | August 9, 2007 2:52 PM | Report abuse

Thanks guys! The thoughts and prayers are very very VERY much appreciated.

Shafiq, Thanks! I just had Shanika read it. Thanks for coming out yesterday! And thanks for sharing the story. She was a tough girl.....

I have been holding it down for every one, but it is a silience we have not herd since Saraye has been here. That is the hardest thing we have to go through.

Thank you everyone again, I can't even explain how appreciative of everything you guys have done.........

Posted by: Ahmad | August 9, 2007 8:10 PM | Report abuse

stay strong brother, i ache for your loss

Posted by: chris Larry | August 10, 2007 8:24 PM | Report abuse

stay strong brother, i ache for your loss

Posted by: chris Larry | August 10, 2007 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Words fail me. My deepest condolences.

Posted by: cload and daggar | August 13, 2007 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad. I continue to pray for God to help you and your family through this difficult time. You are in the thoughts of all of us at the blog.

Stay strong.

Posted by: Redcoat | August 14, 2007 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for keeping my family in your prayers. We all have been keeping our spirits up.

My wife and I both went back to work on Monday because its better than being at home during the day.

Next week school starts so we gotta get back in the rythm of things in general.

After I get a few things straightened out I will def be able to talk about doing something whether it be a tee shirt or something of charity like we were to do in that fantasy pool.....

Posted by: Ahmad | August 15, 2007 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Yo 4th good to see you back. I was out of the country and didn't get a chance to express my condolences and sorrow for your loss. I'm terribly sorry. One of life's great tragedies is a parent outliving their child.

I posted here rather than in the current thread. I hope you get this.

Posted by: Skinz | August 22, 2007 11:06 AM | Report abuse

4th,
Its great to have you back at RI.
You and your family continue to be in my prayers.

Posted by: Stumped | August 28, 2007 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Stumped.

As you see. I check this page every day. reading all the love makes me feel better. I've been BMGO so I can keep my mind occupied as much as possible.

Thank you everyone!

Posted by: Ahmad | August 28, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Ahmad, may the blog continue to provide a little getaway for you, a bit of distraction and comfort.

When the time is right, we can figure out some kind of a tribute for charity in Saraye's memory. There is a lot of love on this blog, and I think we can count on folks to dig down and contribute, even beyond the heartfelt support already expressed.

My best to you and your family. Stay strong.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | August 28, 2007 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Nate. I appreciate the jesture very much. I know what the Skins can do. They could win the SB this year and I wouldn't care honestly if they ever win after this season. Just to win for this season would be the ultimate.

Today marks one month since it happened. And we are going to enjoy life today and everyday going forward with Saraye right there in our hearts....

Posted by: Ahmad | September 1, 2007 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Nate,
Count me in on the tribute.

Ahmad,
Your strength is a testament.

May Saraye's Spirit and Love abide with you and your family.

A quick follow-up to the balloon story...we were talking about how Trader Joe's (grocery store) had moved to a new location last night at dinner. And Ellie piped in "Maybe the balloons won't float away." We all crack-up because she's so funny about that...as for me, I almost cried (again).

Posted by: Stumped | September 4, 2007 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Stay strong Ahmad, your family remains in our thought and prayers.

Posted by: Redcoat | September 6, 2007 9:51 AM | Report abuse