A Gameday Look at Power Blocking, Matchups

The Giants have an offensive line that has had the luxury of playing together as a group over multiple seasons. Doug Farrar of Football Outsiders takes a look at how the linemen work together in a new interactive graphic that'll be a weekly feature.

By Cindy Boren  |  September 13, 2009; 12:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Expect to See Rogers Start, Jarmon on Active List
Next: An Upset Wouldn't Be Such an Upset

Comments

Power Blocking, Matchups, rankings, maps, and such as.
~

Posted by: ifthethunderdontgetya | September 13, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

love technology...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Love being able to rehash that awful train wreck over and over again... I'm sure LL likes it too.

Posted by: Dorf | September 13, 2009 12:41 PM | Report abuse

All kidding aside, love the new weekly feature. I love what you've done with the place JR. And I take back all the Darius Rucker jokes...

Posted by: Dorf | September 13, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

if Skins are behind 17-0 at the half.. (hopefully not) and the OLine cannot give JC more than 2 seconds.. Do you put in Collins with a quicker release?
Conundrum for Zorn.. He was hired as Head Coach to take a QB in the bottom 3rd of rankings into the top 3rd...
But, he is also in a Contract year and needs to win to remain HC.

Posted by: SkinsneedaGM | September 13, 2009 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I like this feature...

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 13, 2009 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Aloha and Good AM. I'm LOVING that the Redskins are flying under the national radar and everybody is totally blowing the Giants and Eagles. Shawn Andrews is still in Philly...he won't play. Could get real sporty for Westbrook and Donovan. Who is Elisha gonna throw to? Remains to be seen whether one of the seven on their roster can step up and strike fear in a defense.

I really think the Redskins have addressed and improved the 3 areas that were holding them back last year: Dline, WR, and of course Oline.

Dline additions: Haynesworth, Philip Daniels, and this kid Jarmon. Great move there Vinny. This Dline is by all accounts better than last year, and I haven't even mentioned one Mr Orakpo. I think they will a) bring the heat and stuff the run, and b) have the depth to rotate for freshness and schemes.

WR: I look for MK12 to be a break out young star this year. He is healthy and along with DT11 give JC17 credible red zone targets with athleticism and size. ARE goes to the slot where he has always belonged.

Oline: Needs to stay healthy, but is better across the starting 5 than any unit containing the aging warriors Kendall and Jansen. Depth is still a concern, but is also improved albeit it slightly.

Lets get it on... Really looking forward to this Giants game to see if my theses can be proven. I am very quietly optimistic... I think many are overlooking the improvements the Redskins have made. We'll see...and that's why they play the games.

HAIL.

Posted by: SkinsfaninKaneohe | September 13, 2009 12:53 PM | Report abuse

love the graphic look in the link. Doesn't have much to do with Skins-jints reality in 2009. Why? ALBERT HAYNESWORTH!!!

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 13, 2009 1:00 PM | Report abuse

beebs again!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 13, 2009 1:01 PM | Report abuse

We will throw at least 3-5 screens including WR screens to DT and Moss... You may see one to a TE as well. Multiple draws and a few shotgun - GO routes..

Keep this D on their heels!!!!!! HTTR

CLEGG

Posted by: michael_b_clegg | September 13, 2009 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Its terrific that Redskins fans in Hawaii chime in. Very cool. That being said, NOBODY reads a 6 paragraph post. 'Nuff said.

Posted by: gufinufi | September 13, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse