After Blog Incident, Zorn Plans to Talk with Team

From Jason Reid:

Concerned that Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley displayed private team information on his blog, Coach Jim Zorn plans to address players Wednesday regarding their conduct while using the Internet, he said late Monday.

"My first thought is to just make a team-wide statement and talk about it," said Zorn, who will speak with players before the team begins preparations to face the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday at FedEx Field.

"It's not just Chris, anybody can do that, and we've just got to make sure that these guys are using" common sense.

A picture of six questions from the "Tight Ends Test" vs. New Orleans Saints in the Redskins' playbook appeared on Cooley's blog. In his response to questions, Cooley, among other things, briefly described the play of the Saints' defensive ends and listed the numbers of players used in defensive packages. The Redskins rallied Sunday for a 29-24 victory over the Saints in the FedEx Field home opener.

It "is quite interesting, I think for all coaches in today's technology-sound world," Zorn said. "At any level, not only the NFL level, but at any level there's MySpace, Facebook, there's blogging. I just think it's something that most coaches have never had to deal with or have dealt with. This will be my first experience. There's no rules, there's no laws.

"I think the rule of thumb that I'm going to have to contend with here is that if you have your own blog, and you're putting photos or you're even saying anything, that nothing really should be put in there that has Redskins playbook [on it]. That goes without saying. I think Chris used a little bit of poor discretion using that type of prop, if you will."

Earlier Monday, Cooley released this statement through the team: "It was an accident. When we realized it was up, we took it down immediately. We didn't mean to offend anybody. We're very sorry about what's happened."

By Cindy Boren  |  September 15, 2008; 7:43 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Doughty Bounces Back from Flu
Next: Horton's Hat Trick and History

Comments

and first and foremost, no private JUNKK!

Posted by: J Zorn | September 15, 2008 8:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm not convinced Zorn is running a very tight ship out there. It shouldn't be a "team meeting." Chris Cooley is the one who screwed up and he should be fined. That would focus everyone's attention better than a "team meeting."

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 15, 2008 8:06 PM | Report abuse

I love me some Chris Cooley (except those shorts), but man, this was stupid at so many levels.

On the positive side, he takes his blogging very seriously.

Posted by: stumped | September 15, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Cooley's blog apology is entitled: "We're Dumb."

He funny too.

Posted by: stumped | September 15, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Chris Horton snags 2 INTs and recovers a fumble, but he's ignored.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 7:47 PM

How many touchdowns did Horton have? Did he at least tie Woodson's 2 INTs and TD? or Tuck's INT and 67 yard TD (a freakin DE, BTW!)?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 8:17 PM | Report abuse

Did Zorn just call CC's thingie a prop?

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Are they talking about me again?

Posted by: Lil Cooley | September 15, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Here's what Chris Cooley wrote about the picture of Li'l Chris:

"The picture wouldn't have been up for so long, but we were in the middle of winning a big game."

So what's the story? Was the picture "up" or "down"? Maybe Li'l Chris was excited by all the attention?

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 15, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Ditka just said "Football is a game of..."

I SWEAR I thought he was going to say "a game of fight!"

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 8:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 15, 2008 8:20 PM

Actually, I was just sitting on a couple of soft boiled eggs (it was hot!).

Posted by: Lil Cooley | September 15, 2008 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Damn I'm getting old. Who the F is Kat Deluna?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 8:26 PM | Report abuse

wow, that was a really bad national anthem...sounded like one of the tone deaf auditions on American Idol

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Way too much being made of this, it wasn't that big a deal, not that I saw anyway.

Ha.

Posted by: BluCollar Redskin | September 15, 2008 8:29 PM | Report abuse

why do all these young sistas gotta add so much crap to the national anthem? just sing it and get to the game.
I'm still the best eva and yall know that's right!

Posted by: Whitney Houston | September 15, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 8:28 PM

Or Romo signing in Chicago...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

I have a confirmed report from my inside sources that Cooley also showers in a private stall after games and leaves the locker room rather quickly.

Posted by: Jason LaCanolaOil | September 15, 2008 8:31 PM | Report abuse

That was one of THE WORST renderings of our National Anthem that I have ever heard. And there have been some doosies....Rosanne....

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Zorn said about Cooley...

"I think the rule of thumb..."

Looked more like a pinky...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Face not made for HD:

Tony Kornheiser

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Did Zorn just call CC's thingie a prop?

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 8:19 PM
I think so! I guess it was a floppy prop. Didn't see it. Was it really propped up?

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 8:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 8:28 PM

I agree, isnadd. Sounded like she didn't know the music, so she just garbled around trying to hit multiple notes.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 8:40 PM | Report abuse

Why do celebrities and public figures think the public is stupid enough to fall for words like 'mistake' and 'accident'? Did Cooley accidentally have his playbook on his nude body? Did he accidentally take the picture of himself? Did he accidentally fail to look at the pic and think about the impact of posting it on the Web, even if he hadn't shown his privates? This is a guy who posted nearly nude pics of his wife? The only accident is failing to grow up. He's a man physically, but a kid mentally. Maybe he should accidentally take full responsibility by acknowledging as much and committing to growing up.

Posted by: Jim Giddings | September 15, 2008 8:42 PM | Report abuse

Hard to believe that I am sitting here rooting for the iggles.

Lesser of two evils...

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Jim Giddings | September 15, 2008 8:42 PM

IMO the only thing wrong the CC did was posting playbook stuff. If he even did that. Showing his junk could lead to some shame depending on how big a deal his family think that kind of stuff is.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

"When we realized it was up"...

Is it just me, or is this a poor choice of words???

Posted by: jwlemons | September 15, 2008 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Watched Chris Horton's post game and after practice interviews on Redskins.com; kid has a great attitude and a good head on his shoulders.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:09 PM | Report abuse

FYI - I am definitely rooting for Dallas against Philly every game!

1. Dallas sucks, but people from Dallas are actually pretty nice

2. Philly fans are the worst; ugly looking and ugly spirit - disagree, Philly just got voted the ugliest city in the country for major cities.... Miami had the most beautiful

3. I have several Cowboys on my fantasy team...

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:15 PM | Report abuse

isnadd, I have to take issue with your stance on Dallas/Philly. The T.O. vs. McNabb thing alone should be reason to support Philly over Dallas. T.O. was horrible to McNabb and McNabb is a pretty stand-up guy. McNabb is humble, but still over-rated. T.O. is funny and phenominal, but impossible to tolerate. Fantasy Football teams are the only teams he really helps. In real football, he is a cancer.

Cowboys suck.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Gross isnadd.....Thats just wrong. F the cowboys...always. Dallas fans are a joke, at least Eagles fans are die hards not bandwagon jumpers. I went to 4 straight skins/eagles games at the old vet...and I took a ton of siht but the eagles fans welcomed me into their tailgate, and we all had a blast....I always have a blast in Philly...I once went to a scrip club called "All In the Family"...which featured a go-go dancer in a full leg cast...good times...good times....

And I have McNabb on one of my fantasy teams...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:28 PM | Report abuse

This is a guy who posted nearly nude pics of his wife?

I'm sorry I missed that!

Posted by: lsskinsfan | September 15, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

That was.... wait for it....

awesome.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

F Romo.....funny stuff for golden boy....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Wmiss21,

No way. I have nothing against any of the Philly players and, by the way, I'm actually glad to see Terrell has turned his life around.

My issue is with the Philly fans. Remember the body bag game at the Vet where Skins were dropping left and right and the fans were cheering guys getting carted off the field?

Heck...either team loses and I'm happy...but I will never root for the Eagles....ever. Pennsyltucky can lick my nads.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love Romo. You can always count on him to have slippery fingers!!!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:32 PM | Report abuse

I wish TO would turn his life back around...back to downward spiral....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:32 PM | Report abuse

I LOVE ROMO!!!!!

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 9:32 PM | Report abuse

+++Concerned that Pro Bowl tight end Chris Cooley displayed private team information on his blog, Coach Jim Zorn plans to address players Tuesday regarding their conduct while using the Internet, he said late Monday.--JASNO+++

Silly me, I thought Zorn was upset about one of his players posting his own Schlong on the internet.

Posted by: Corkczar | September 15, 2008 9:34 PM | Report abuse

that was so sweet!!!!!! And the expression on his and to's face priceless!!!

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 9:35 PM | Report abuse

3. I have several Cowboys on my fantasy team...

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:15 PM

This admission constitutes an insult to the Blog, a serious weakening of the royal power, a disgrace to the Redskin nation, a danger to all Redskindom, since this heresy obstructs the crusade for the destruction of all things Brokeback. Therefore, we condemn isnadd and forbid RI Bloggers to respond to his post, communicate with him or othewise acknowlege his exisitence on pain of excommunication.

Posted by: Pope of the Blog | September 15, 2008 9:36 PM | Report abuse

All hail the pope!

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 9:39 PM | Report abuse

I was enjoying the shootout on MNF until it dawned on me that the skins are going to face both teams for a total of 4 times. I need more kool-aid.

Posted by: I need more kool-aid | September 15, 2008 9:43 PM | Report abuse

this game is all crazy eddie....INSANE!!!

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:47 PM | Report abuse

We are going to need all of our DB for the next three games.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:48 PM | Report abuse

What dumb-a$$ play that was.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Is that called a rookie mistake or being STUPID!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

That was not a TD what a bone head move.

Posted by: yikes. | September 15, 2008 9:49 PM | Report abuse

Something funny and Romo didn't do it. Simply amazing!

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

quick poll. Would you rather have:

A. Young high draft pick WRS on the bench

B. Or Young high draft WRS that make plays and immediately wipe them out with the dumbest move in endzone celebration history.

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Wow, I hope that guy has a guaranteed contract...and a good agent.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Is that called a rookie mistake or being STUPID!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:49 PM
Both. These guys have no idea what is important! It's all about me.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 9:51 PM | Report abuse

wow Eagles caught a break there....in a way that might reign in his cockiness....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

DeShawn owes Westbrook some of that contract.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:52 PM | Report abuse

wow great leap by BBW

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Now you know DeShawn's family is watching this game and are hearing the MNF crew calling their boy all kinds of dumb!

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Is DeSean also dating Jessica Simpson?

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

There is over 7 minutes to play before half-time and the score is 27 - 21....

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

I cannot believe Terrell Owens is that good....it's like he's a man playing against boys.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

How in the h-e-hockey sticks is that guy that open?

Posted by: LH | September 15, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

didnt the eagles invest in their secondary this offseason?????

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:56 PM | Report abuse

OK, is the over/under now up to 100?

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 9:59 PM | Report abuse

You can't stop a double move.

Posted by: Carlos Rogers | September 15, 2008 10:01 PM | Report abuse

The pictures of Cooley's wife are on this page of his blog -- scroll way down:

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 15, 2008 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Wow.

Posted by: LH | September 15, 2008 10:08 PM | Report abuse

What a play by #5

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Re Cooley and wife: That pre-nup better be airtight.

Posted by: Winkum, Blinkum & Nod | September 15, 2008 10:13 PM | Report abuse

I have a huge amount of respect for #5

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

quick poll. Would you rather have:

A. Young high draft pick WRS on the bench

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 9:50 PM

CL--Could be the worst of both worlds. Guys finally get healthy and then make bonehead plays. I'll take #2.

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 15, 2008 10:16 PM | Report abuse

entertaining first half....

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

He has The Massey Prenup.

Posted by: Miles | September 15, 2008 10:17 PM | Report abuse

you know that term "shootout" used very loosely in the fooball circles...well this game is a shootout. 64 points in the first half! wow! if they do the same in second it'll be 60 to 48!!!

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:18 PM | Report abuse

So, are these good offenses or bad defenses??

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 10:18 PM | Report abuse

CL, I'll take B as well. Bone head or not at least his getting playing time. 3 pass catchers none of them sniffing the redzone or playing significant timje. In the mean time Royal, Hardy, Jackson are all getting TDs.

Posted by: I'll take B as well. | September 15, 2008 10:20 PM | Report abuse

You can't stop a double move.

Posted by: Carlos Rogers | September 15, 2008 10:01 PM

Thanks. That may be the funniest post of all time.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, I know you were told there would be no math on this blog, but the game has 54 points so far.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 10:23 PM | Report abuse

So, are these good offenses or bad defenses??

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 10:18 PM
I'd say it is good offense, good defense front 7, and no secondary D.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 10:26 PM | Report abuse

beep beep.

Posted by: Roadrunner | September 15, 2008 10:28 PM | Report abuse

thanks te!!! for the blog photos. i love CC, he's a good guy it seems, except for the barno cd... i truely hope that when he's 40 he actually has some money left. look at strahan...dude doesn't look stupid and even he got screwed.

dang cc...maybe riggo could take him under his wings...

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:29 PM | Report abuse

isnadd, sir, you're a racist!

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:30 PM | Report abuse

Who told the ASPCA that their target market is on ESPN?

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, seriously?

That's just not a subject I joke about.

???

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I fall for fake beeps all the time....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 10:34 PM | Report abuse

dealer said: "dude doesn't look stupid and even he got screwed."

When a woman marries you knowing that you once set up a camera in a guest room so that you could look at her younger sister, you are stupid for marrying her because her moral compass is either screwed up or pointing at your pockets. He deserved what he got.

Posted by: LH | September 15, 2008 10:35 PM | Report abuse

SMACK:

I need these boys to intercept mr Mcnabb a couple of times and also sack him a few times to boot. . .

I managed to not pick any 'boys in my fantasy league, but another skins fan did and I am still barely up. . .

really need your boys to step up here. . .

Oh yeah, I did take cooley, shame there are no fantasy points for indecent exposure. . .

at least I didn't have that jackson dude. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | September 15, 2008 10:37 PM | Report abuse

isnadd, i'm f cking with you man! it's a blog joke.....*dang what a hit!!!*...whenever someone calls jc dumb or slow people get on that person and call him racist...and i don'tk now if you know this but i could only count to 3 as late as last year...so yeah...i'm still learning my additions...

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

lh, serious? dang! didn't know that...he's not stupid then he's just f'ed up...

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:40 PM | Report abuse

speaking of being dumb...don't know how many of you are in your 30's...but dudes, i'm losing my memory. i couldn't rember neon deion's last name....till just now...i'm forgetting EVERYTHING!!! i'm losing my isht allover the place...i'm forgetting names...phone numbers...everything...anyone got any cures?

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:42 PM | Report abuse

I'd say it is good offense, good defense front 7, and no secondary D.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 10:26 PM

And both signed "top" CB this offseason.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 10:43 PM | Report abuse

my victory's pretty secure this week....1-1 baby! benching carson and starting cutler def. helped.

btw...how does HC score points?

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

really need your boys to step up here. . .

Posted by: skinsfan8KaboveMSL | September 15, 2008 10:37 PM

I'm pretty sure there'll be more points, 8K, just not sure we're gonna score any of em. Next year I'm drafting Ed Hochuli.

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 10:45 PM | Report abuse

Fake beeps are not cool

back to trolling

35332

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 10:47 PM | Report abuse

What did DeSean do?

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 10:48 PM | Report abuse

Aren't you a day ahead of us? You should have seen that yesterday :)

He caught a deep pass, but dropped the ball purposely to celebrate at about the one yard line thinking he had a touch down.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, recommend you take a multi-vitamin everyday. Some think Vitamin B-12 is good.

Also, believe it or not, drink some red wine....I read something once about wine enhancing memory but can't remember.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 10:50 PM | Report abuse

thanks isnadd! i don't drink and i can't do vitamins...my body can't handle them. any herbal/ginko thing you'd recommend?

Posted by: dealer | September 15, 2008 10:53 PM | Report abuse

DESEAN SCREWS THE POOCH
Posted by Mike Florio on September 15, 2008, 9:58 p.m. EDT
Eagles rookie receiver DeSean Jackson got behind the Cowboys defense, caught the ball, and then cast it aside before he was in the end zone.

Jackson’s body language suggested to us that he realized he might have dropped the ball too soon. He quickly opted to act like he had scored, which in turn kept the two Cowboys defenders who were between Jackson and the ball from pouncing on it.

After review, it was determined that Jackson had indeed fumbled. But because the play ended with no one from the Cowboys recovering the ball, the Eagles retained possession where the ball came to rest.

And they scored on the next play, with a plunge from running back Brian Westbrook.

So while Jackson’s decision to throw the ball down early was stupid, his decision not to try to chase after the ball when he likely wouldn’t have recovered it was brilliant.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 10:55 PM | Report abuse

dealer, get 'Remember Sammy Jankis' tattooed on your hand.

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 10:56 PM | Report abuse

Wow, it took 10 minutes to score the first points of the second half. Guys must be tired out from the first half track meet.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Curz, yeah I guess I'll watch the replay tonight, sounds like a good game.

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 10:57 PM | Report abuse

Thanks anon! Bit of a surprise that no Cowboys jumped on it, their guys normally jump on loose balls whenever they get a chance!

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:00 PM | Report abuse

Dealer, if Vitamins bother your stomach, try taking a children's chewable...seriously. They actually make some gummy bear vitamins for kids that help with people who have stomach problems.

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 11:02 PM | Report abuse

Corkczar has irribtable bowel syndrome.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 11:05 PM | Report abuse

This is a filthy blog. Let's clean this SJK up.

Will somebody please think about the children?

Posted by: Dorf | September 15, 2008 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Where's the defense in this game?

After this display tonight, I'd have to say the Giants are the team to beat in the East because they play offense AND defense.

Posted by: MrRedskin21 | September 15, 2008 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Same thing happened at the two (big) companies I've worked at in the last few years. A formal policy is created for blogging and posting information about our company, competitors, or industry, and that is communicated via team-wide email. This is Zorn being astute and recognizing that his players have grown up in a different world where unfettered information flow is the norm.

Posted by: P Diddy | September 15, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

beep x2.

Posted by: anon | September 15, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

welcome back Dorf

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:12 PM | Report abuse

I wish I had some Cowboys on my craptacular fantasy team...

Posted by: P Diddy | September 15, 2008 11:15 PM | Report abuse

My theory is that the owners of these 2 teams are in collusion with ESPN and the NFL to save Monday Night Football. No one is allowed to play defense, ESPN and the NFL get big ratings and big money.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

I am beginning to think thats its more bad defense than great Offense....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:17 PM | Report abuse

gross P Diddy...

Did whitten just have alligator arms?

Man Korheiser doling out HJs to cowboys like it was his job....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

cL, that's what I was thinking when I asked the ?. The Rams held (if you can say held) the iggles to 38 pts.

If it is bad D, then I have hopes for when we play them.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 11:20 PM | Report abuse

we need a Nick Folk

Posted by: isnadd | September 15, 2008 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Tony Kornheiser MUST go! He is simply unbearable on MNF.

Posted by: Lisa | September 15, 2008 11:21 PM | Report abuse

ASPCA, you are not going to get donations from drunk and rowdy football fans.

Try Lifetime Network or Project Runway

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 11:22 PM | Report abuse

Swissham was in dallas when Nick Folk was still kicking nerf footballs. We have the original Nick Folk, and his name is Swissham.

Posted by: Wemiss21 | September 15, 2008 11:23 PM | Report abuse

I think that UPS guy drawing on the chalkboards has used up his 15 minutes...

Posted by: Anonymous | September 15, 2008 11:24 PM | Report abuse

It hard to root for anyone in this game but a few injuries. But I hope iggles shut up cra#k boys...

Posted by: skinsfaninMD | September 15, 2008 11:25 PM | Report abuse

A little love for Horton from Sean Payton:

On the Redskins defense: "I thought the safety (Chris Horton) who played for the first time yesterday, played great watching the film. He's going to play for them for a while. He was active, involved with two interceptions, a fumble recovery and he just seemed to be all over the field.

Nice read as well.

Posted by: Curzon417 | September 15, 2008 11:25 PM | Report abuse

I will always have mad love for Tony K, even if he is a complete star f@#ker...

The eagles D is junk...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:30 PM | Report abuse

What is TK apologizing for?

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 11:37 PM | Report abuse

You're in a close battle SMACK! You lead Redcoat by one point, and he's got McNabb playing.

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:41 PM | Report abuse

dealer, HC scores points by winning the game. 2 points for a win, 1 more point for a big win, 0 points for a loss. Kind of a fun little wrinkle, or so I thought.

On my fantasy team, I have Hank Baskett going in this one, and thank goodness I had a scant lead going in, because he hasn't logged a single point.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 15, 2008 11:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm toast kost, it can't hold up.

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Run out the clock and your home!

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna need a pick from Donny to make it work.

Posted by: SMACK | September 15, 2008 11:47 PM | Report abuse

big game for the Cats this week

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 15, 2008 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Not a big fan of my first fantasy experience... got assigned Romo when I couldn't find the "Draft" button in time, and now I have to care about the #$%#er.

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 15, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

hate the girlz more than the iggles, so hoping McNabb pulls it out (not Cooley style, mind you)

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 15, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Hate to say it, but come on Iggles.

Has nothng to do with FF. Just hate the Girls.

Posted by: frediefritz | September 15, 2008 11:51 PM | Report abuse

Nate, does your league have a different scoring system to our league?

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:53 PM | Report abuse

iggles lack of vet WRs killing them here....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Was that TP on Romo's chin, or a used condom?

Posted by: cload & daggar | September 15, 2008 11:54 PM | Report abuse

AL Zeke etc

Yeah, we controlled the Bulldogs last time we played them, but this far into the post season, ANYTHING can happen!

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Cload, at least you've only got the one of them care about.

Posted by: kost52 | September 15, 2008 11:55 PM | Report abuse

that play was ridiculous......beyond stupid

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:56 PM | Report abuse

Moves to 1-1 in FF

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 15, 2008 11:58 PM | Report abuse

westbrook a goat tonight....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 15, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

kost, just the addition of the head coach thing, and maybe some small differences in the scoring among the other categories. But probably nothing significant.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 15, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Westbrook the goat? try the defense

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:01 AM | Report abuse

yeah Defense was putrid no doubt...but you gotta protect the rock with a late lead...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:04 AM | Report abuse

thanks isnadd! that's a brilliant idea. def. gonna have take a serious look at that.

thanks nate.

lol just saw the play by desean jackson. that was funny.

Posted by: dealer | September 16, 2008 12:07 AM | Report abuse

Nate, cool. Head Coach is an interesting twist though! Does your league have a 'team to beat'? Ours does, BCBarney is looking pretty dominant so far, and when you consider he used his 1st Rnd pick on Tom Brady, he's done pretty well!

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:07 AM | Report abuse

my bad...they are giving the fumble to mcnabb on a bad exchange...but you got to be able to hand off late in games...

Man I hate the cowboys,....

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Kost, how are those Cowboys selections treating you?

Posted by: SMACK | September 16, 2008 12:09 AM | Report abuse

Team to beat is Nate ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:10 AM | Report abuse

103 points suckas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ummmm that's my ff total for the weak. 1-1!!! who's next?

Posted by: dealer | September 16, 2008 12:10 AM | Report abuse

is anyone on ESPN going to comment on the Defensive play of either team...

Nope HJs all around...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:11 AM | Report abuse

had 92 points ... and a guy on my bench put up 26. he'll be in there next week ...

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:12 AM | Report abuse

SMACK, Shhh don't say that stuff too loud! I got 46 points between the two of them, I'm not complaining!

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:13 AM | Report abuse

Kosty you should be ashamed!

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Zornskins is looking pretty strong, avg over 100 pts per outing

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Can someone please shut Steve Young up?

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:15 AM | Report abuse

refused to draft ANY NFC East players. Alex and I agreed to bench our Saint players this week

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:17 AM | Report abuse

is anyone on ESPN going to comment on the Defensive play of either team...

Nope HJs all around...

Posted by: chrIS lArry | September 16, 2008 12:11 AM

ESPN Website headline is 'No D, Just Big W"

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:18 AM | Report abuse

No interceptions, Wade? Really?

Posted by: SMACK | September 16, 2008 12:19 AM | Report abuse

CL, I know, I sold my soul, but it's working, I'm 2-0!

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:21 AM | Report abuse

Just goes to prove how smart the Aussies are. Heck, Kost even did well in the college hoops pool

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 12:24 AM

Supersmart! I started Derek Anderson (4pts) and kept Phillip Rivers (37pts) on the bench!

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:27 AM | Report abuse

As commissioner of our dumb league, it would be undignified of me to talk trash. Plus I just barely eked out a win this week.

Yeah, Zornskins is looking good in our league.

Also, sfskin has Campbell (her first round pick!!!), Santa, and Anquan, so she crushed it this week.

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 16, 2008 12:30 AM | Report abuse

I am 1-1. I don't understand the divisions though.

How does that work for playoffs?

Posted by: Dorf | September 16, 2008 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Oh... and where are my manners?

F Chris Larry

Posted by: Dorf | September 16, 2008 12:32 AM | Report abuse

Luckily for me I don't have any Ravens or Texans in my starting lineup, I wouldn't have known about the bye in time to make a change.

Posted by: kost52 | September 16, 2008 12:33 AM | Report abuse

Kost, looks like Redcoat pulled that out 93-92, but he started the Texans kicker, so it really shouldn't have been that close.

Posted by: SMACK | September 16, 2008 12:43 AM | Report abuse

Kost, gotta have Rivers in. He's my starter also. Chargers play a lot of weak defenses.

Posted by: AL Zeke etc | September 16, 2008 1:05 AM | Report abuse

Dorf, only the four division winners qualify for the playoffs. It's like baseball 50 years ago. Very quaint.

With only 17 weeks of games, it's tough to have more than two weeks of playoffs, hence four is the magic number...

Posted by: Nate in the PDX | September 16, 2008 1:09 AM | Report abuse

Cooley needs to tell the truth. His "accidents" are getting old and he is crossing the line into narcissism. Narcissism = no class.

Posted by: hz9604 | September 16, 2008 5:35 AM | Report abuse

Meanwhile, in Kost's Tipping Competition where the Real Redskins Insiders are duking it out, the cream is quickly rising to the top:

Rank (LW) Total Tipster
1 (1) 22 SMACKDB10
2 (4) 21 talent evaluator
3 (1) 20 Kost52
3 (6) 20 myrtlebeachmike
5 (6) 19 4-12
5 (1) 19 BCBarney
5 (4) 19 Nate in the PDX
8 (6) 17 Azeese
9 (9) 16 Lady_In_Red
9 (10) 16 Zeebs

Posted by: talent evaluator | September 16, 2008 6:15 AM | Report abuse

I will say one thing after that game last night, the Cowgirls defense sucks and so does the Eagles.

isnadd,

You are not a real Redskin fan if you ever root for Dallas, I do not care if an Eagles fan beat your a$$, you still root for anyone playing the Cowgirls.

Posted by: Flounder | September 16, 2008 6:49 AM | Report abuse

Where the h3ll is everyone?

Posted by: Flounder | September 16, 2008 7:51 AM | Report abuse

I can see you. I know what you're doing.

Posted by: Watcher | September 16, 2008 8:00 AM | Report abuse

Flound, whats up bud? Great offenses last night, not so much for the defense. So if you're the Eagles, and you paid Assante Samuel all that money, don't you put him on TO??

Desean Jackson, Idiot. Complete and total idiot. I wish that worked out WORSE for him.

Posted by: Greg | September 16, 2008 8:13 AM | Report abuse

beep beep....

Posted by: Greg | September 16, 2008 8:14 AM | Report abuse

Good morning. This is no fake beep.

Posted by: Cindy | September 16, 2008 8:25 AM | Report abuse