Posted at 7:10 PM ET, 12/ 6/2010

Albert Haynesworth: 'I was not hung over.'

By Jason Reid

Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth said Monday night he was not "hung over" last week and expressed frustration about "inaccurate" media speculation regarding his status with the team.

Responding to a Comcast SportsNet report that he was out late Thursday night and appeared "hung over" Friday, Haynesworth said that was not the case.

"I was not hung over," Haynesworth said in a phone interview. "I mean, I did go out, but when I started feeling bad, I went home. I mean, I go out every Thursday or so. I know the owner [of an establishment he frequents in Reston]. He's very cool and I talk to him about a lot of different stuff.

"Just because somebody goes out, that doesn't mean I'm out drinking and getting drunk. I've been in this game for nine years and been single, or without a wife, for a lot of that time. The bottom line is I wasn't hung over or anything like that. I want to make that clear."

Despite being physically sound, Haynesworth, for the fourth time this season, was listed as inactive during Sunday's 31-7 loss to the New York Giants. Coach Mike Shanahan said that the two-time all-pro player "was sick" last week and inactive because he did not practice well Thursday and sat out Friday.

Several people familiar with the situation, however, indicated that high-ranking Redskins officials are again fed up with Haynesworth's lack of effort. Moreover, Hayenesworth, the team sources said, was late to practice last week and late to a defensive meeting.

"Everybody wants to say whatever they want, just to try to speculate about why I didn't play," Haynesworth said. "Heck, I was sick before the game last week [against the Minnesota Vikings]. Does that mean that I was hung over or something like that? I mean, I didn't even go anywhere. But I was hung over, right?

"Everybody's just speculating and trying to say negative stuff about me. But they really need to look at what's the most important thing. I'm here, supposedly, to help this organization win games. And right now, we're not doing that. We're not putting the best players on the field to win games.

"We're not putting the highest-paid guy, and a guy I think is one of the best defensive tackles in the game, on the field to try to help us win games. They've got me sitting on the bench. So they can just try to slander my name to say whatever they want, but we all know what the real truth is."

By Jason Reid  | December 6, 2010; 7:10 PM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ryan Torain scheduled to return to practice
Next: Albert Haynesworth disputes 'hung over' report on the radio

Comments

I also was not hung over.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 6, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

And abxinc, if we win out I'll go one further than Nate and pop for a new shoeing for your unicorn.

Posted by: freakzilla | December 6, 2010 7:11 PM

I'll even go one further and volunteer Personal_Fowl to polish your horn. I hear he likes that type of thing.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Dude allegedly felt bad Thursday -- and took it easy in practice.

No apparent explanation given to the coaching staff or teammates.

But then the Dude apparently felt well enough to go out clubbing Thursday night, like he does most Thursdays he says.

Then felt so bad again on Friday that he just couldn't practice.

Again, like how many times this season -- that he has come down with mysterious ailments than nobody else seems able to understand or treat?

No, it's probably true that this wasn't a hangover -- because even a big wuss like Albert could probably shake that with a couple of aspirin and a tall glass of water or two.

Or get used to operating with a few drinks under his belt.

This was something more insideous than that... because as you say, "we all know what the real truth is."

So what is it?

Posted by: Vic1 | December 6, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Wow. How many people wished they'd been hung over long enough to have missed watching that game?

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 6, 2010 7:27 PM | Report abuse

We can't be shut of this guy soon enough.

F Albert Haynesworth.

I'm not happy about the way Shanahan has dealt with this situation, but good grief is Haynesworth a ridiculous chooch. Get him the hell off this team already.

Posted by: NateinthePDX | December 6, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

I've seen Albert Butterworth at the Stadium strip club throwing down drinks, but that was after the loss to the Lions, so that doesn't count. It wasn't a pratcie night.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | December 6, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Just a quick RIP for Don Meredith. First 'puke that I learned to despise. But he was a saint compared to recent generations of 'pukes.

As a kid, got to watch/listen to the shoot outs between him and Sonny. He had the better teams, but we'd often give the 'pukes all they could handle with SJ9, CT42, BM49 and JS87. Some classic games.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | December 6, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

He is late to practice and meetings get rid of him. I back Shanny on this. He has to change the culture of of over paid primma donnas that dont want to practice but show up on game day. Are we better with him yes, would we have stopped the run game of the Giants NO. His team mates say it all he is not a team player. WE NEED TEAM PLAYERS TO TURN THIS AROUND.Shannys working on that. With that said hold on to him make him suffer on the bench and get what you can get before next season.

Posted by: BleedBurgandGold | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

"We're not putting the highest-paid guy, and a guy I think is one of the best defensive tackles in the game, on the field to try to help us win games. They've got me sitting on the bench. So they can just trying to slander my name to say whatever they want, but we all know what the real truth is."

I "reported" he was hungover 8 Hrs ago on RI. Who goes to a bar until 1:30 and doesn't drink. "He left when he wasn't feeling good"....Had too much.

He'll be cut by Wednesday. This guy is an absolute disgrace. If you support this guy then so are you.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm beginning to seriously think that signing Mr. Haynesworth was just not a good idea.

Man....

Like the story goes, if you owe the bank $100,000 and don't pay them, you're in big trouble. But if you owe the bank $100 million and don't pay them, they're in big trouble.

Redskins have a $100 million expense that won't be paid back. Whattyda' do?

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Why would you want to dangle Landry as trade bait? If he really is finally living up to his potential this year, like he appeared to be before he got hurt, I want him to be a part of this team for a long time. A top-performing Landry should be one of the cornerstones of a hypothetical rebuilt team, not trade bait. We don't have too many high performing, high draft pick young guys.

Posted by: skinsfan713 | December 6, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Appreciate what you're saying but look at the team. Four wins last year. Probably no more than 5 or 6 this year.

And if you're the GM of another team -- who or what exactly would you offer for anyone on this roster? I would submit it is a very short list of players here who would generate much interest.

And as much as I like Landry's style of play when he's healthy -- he's one of those select few players here who might actually generate some sincere trade interest, and some much needed draft picks to finally start fixing years of neglect.

I think a lot of folks would agree that it's time to blow up the roster and start anew. And yes, that might even include trading a couple of our better players away if we can get the right deal -- especially if it might actualy bring in some building blocks for the future.

Posted by: Vic1 | December 6, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | December 6, 2010 7:46 PM

You're not a very bright guy. Why in the hell would you trade away a young, talented player that has come around and knows the defense for what? A draft pick? A guy and a draft pick? Honestly, what in the hell do you think you're going to get for a safety? So you trade a known for an unknown? That just doesn't make sense.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

okayyy, so as much as we need a talent on the d line, this trial and error is now over, sorry fat al i always hoped for the best for you considering u play(ed) for my Skins, but f you, once i hear LF59 say it's enough, it's enough

and im not saying shanny is running the smoothest of ships with this debacle, but im going to have to be patient w/ his moves,

sweeping dallas is all we can salvage from the 2010 season at this point

Posted by: retroskins14 | December 6, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

Redskins have a $100 million expense that won't be paid back. Whattyda' do?

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM

Too bad for your theory that it will never approach half of that $100 million number you threw out there.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

and if we can ever beat the giants again, we'll know we r the right track b/c they have been taking a dump on us for a long long long time now and i cant f-in stand it

Posted by: retroskins14 | December 6, 2010 8:01 PM | Report abuse

You shouldn't trade a high performing young player unless you have a solid player to step up and you get another high performing young player in return that helps your team.

Posted by: TWISI | December 6, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, you're (perhaps) missing the point.

Whether it's $100 million or $50 million, he's got them under a gun because of the huge investment they've made.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 8:06 PM | Report abuse

I totally believe he was hung over. Someone I know lives in the building next door to him and says he's always out drinking. One day he was in his building in the elevator and had to help him find his floor as he was so drunk.

Posted by: MM11 | December 6, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I'd trade him for picks -- or other young players with potential -- and that applies to anybody else on the current roster too.

In the past year, we've only gotten a year older -- and "improved" a 4-12 record by one or two wins at most. This team needs to take drastic measures if it ever wants to be competitive again -- and that means no one should be regarded as untouchable or irreplaceable.

Or would you hope that we could somehow convince the misfits and miscreants of the last nine or ten years worth of losing seasons to get together one more time for a golden oldies reunion and final farewell tour?

Posted by: Vic1 | December 6, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

Don't know if anyone heard on NBC last night, but Rodney Harrison said the Redskins defesne is "scared and soft"

Wow, from top ten defense to scared and soft.
This team is really headed somewhere!

Posted by: RedskinRay1 | December 6, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

I still hope there is a way to figure this out. Very difficult to say anything absolute not knowing all the behind the scenes stuff. Obviously I lean towards shanahan based on past actions, but I can see how he'd be frustrated this past week if he was really sick.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:11 PM | Report abuse

but I can see how he'd be frustrated this past week if he was really sick.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:11 PM

So sick he was out until 1:30AM Thursday night.

Some of you are so freaking naive.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: MM11 | December 6, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse
----------------------------
Where were all these inside scoops before bench-gate?

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Al, we'll drink to that.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | December 6, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

I can see how he'd be frustrated this past week if he was really sick.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:11 PM |

His teammates are calling him out on television. They know what the story is and they're tired of it. They point out that they've been a lot sicker than he claims to be, but they practice and play through it. He's trash.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

If Shanny waits until Saturday, Tampa Bay can't scoop him up in time for this Sunday's game. Not that he'd do anything in the game, like block punts...

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 6, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:11 PM

So sick he was out until 1:30AM Thursday night.

Some of you are so freaking naive.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse
------------------
No, buddy. I'm just aware enough to know that getting the story through wapo and all these other gossip sites, no one can know for sure. I side with shanahan, because we need some structure around this organization, but I still would like to find a better solution than just cutting him. Chill out, because you dont know the story either.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Al, when you have a moment, if it's not too much trouble, can we talk about your giving back the $40 million roster bonus you stol-, er, accepted. Sorry to have interrupted your drink. All the best.

Dan S.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | December 6, 2010 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, you're (perhaps) missing the point.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 8:06 PM |

So I guess your justification makes it alright to just boldly lie to make your point seem even more dire huh?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Chill out, because you dont know the story either.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:34 PM

If Haynesworth claimed he was abducted to aliens, would you post "...if he really was abducted by aliens"? Well his crap about "I was under the weather" just doesn't cut it -- true or not -- for a guy at his pay grade. You don't have to know the story to know what the story isn't.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

dunno about the hung over part, but i have to say i agree with his last 2 quotes : /

Posted by: royhperkins | December 6, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Chill out, because you dont know the story either.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:34 PM

I guess when I mentioned it 8 1/2 HRs ago on RI I was first guessing about him being too hungover to practice on Friday. Wait until he's cut, there is a line of players waiting to tell the "real stories" about their "teammate".

He's a POS human being, teammate, and a disgrace to the BnG. You don't need wapo and all these other gossip sites to see that, buddy.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1 | December 6, 2010 8:09 PM |

We weren't talking about guys from the last nine or ten years. We were talking about one guy thats been here half that. Any other part of the story or argument you want to change while we're at it? It's people like you that make we wonder how people can say we have a "knowledgeable fan base" because you are quite obviously anything but intelligent or knowledgeable.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

roy, I don't. He's just saying that so naive folks will be on his side. He needs to be gone.

Posted by: FloridaCapsFan | December 6, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

No. I understand he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt based on past history. But shanahan has already shown himself to not be 100% accurate with the mcnabb benching. Guys have spoken against al's overall attitude, which I also hate. But as for what happened this past week, I don't claim to be an expert and neither should anybody on the Internet. Proving a point by just cutting him is stupid.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Well...

Sounds like his little chat with Shanny is setting up to be all flowers and sunshine.

To be a fly on that wall.

Posted by: edvar | December 6, 2010 8:53 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, boldly lie? He signed a contract worth $100 million.

Whether he gets all of that, of course, remains to be seen since the contract was for 7 years.

But if he shows up, the Redskins are obligated to pay him that money.

The point is that if he was paid $500,000 or $1-2 million a year, he would have, it seems likely, been cut long ago. The fact that the Redskins have invested so much in him makes the decision more difficult.

If you wish to raise the level of the discussion, go for it; if you wish to lower it, you can do so by yourself.

Oy.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

In 30 mins are you going to tell us you reported this 9 hours ago? I applaud your detective work, I do. Sorry I missed it the first time (8hrs and 40min ago at this point). But you speak in too many absolutes from your living room. I guess we'll know more on Wednesday, as coach says.

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

To be a fly on that wall.

Posted by: edvar | December 6, 2010 8:53 PM

Snyder's preparing a promotion. Buy 4 Club Level tix and you get a video of the convo.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, boldly lie? He signed a contract worth $100 million.

But if he shows up, the Redskins are obligated to pay him that money.

Oy.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 8:56 PM |

Typical response from someone caught in his own BS. He has already missed out on dollars in that contract for skipping some offseason stuff. Not very likely he will be here beyond this year. You, like vic, like to exaggerate to try and make your point seem more valid. Seems to be a big thing with Skins fans and media these days...let's make things, as bad as they are, seem even worse.

To elevate the conversation with you would be pointless since you seem bent on delusion and thus are most probably incapable of holding a meaningful, fact based conversation. Especially from a guy that is just now thinking that signing Albert was a bad idea.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AdamCr | December 6, 2010 9:01 PM

As I mentioned 8hrs and 50 min ago and is finally be discussed...His "illness" may have been the wine flu.

I'll report right now that you don't need to wait until Wednesday to know that AH is a POS. You can trust me on that or maybe you'll figure it out when he's given you his 92nd reason to jump to such a conclusion in his 1+ seasons he's been here.

And FYI...I'm kind of a big deal, I know people, and I haven't had a carb since 2004.

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

I'm kind of a big deal,

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Okay, now he's stretching the truth. He went to the "University" of Maryland. That's where a "big deal" is 30% off a used text at the bookstore.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

cut this worthless SOB so he can go live out his fat lazy life with all that $nidely money.

after the Giants made us look like a high school team on Sunday I'm for a full teardown. get rid of 47, 99, Maake, CP, Moss, all of em.

I am so sick of seeing these guys line up and realizing they have almost no hope of offensive success. they really suck.

Posted by: greatteamdan | December 6, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

Typical response from someone caught in his own BS.

Today's Post:
"Haynesworth's dispute with a Comcast SportsNet report concluded another day of drama surrounding the player who, just 20 months ago, was signed to a contract that could pay him as much as $100 million."

ESPN today:
"...but the episode further isolated the player with the $100 million contract and raised questions as to whether he and Shanahan will ever be compatible."

Dan Steinberg on his bog/blog:
"Contract: The Post called it a seven-year deal worth a maximum of $115 million, with a record $41 million guaranteed and $32 million to be paid out over just 13 months. It was the first NFL contract for a defensive player that could have been worth up to nine figures."

I'd suggest you contact those organizations and have their reporters fired for lying.

Good luck and good day.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE

"I go out every Thursday or so. I know the owner [of an establishment he frequents in Reston]. He's very cool and I talk to him about a lot of different stuff."

can we figure out who the bar owner is so we can tell this person to stop contributing to the degeneracy of our malcontent players?

i know we're all out to make a dollar, but cant the peeps of the DC area atleast try to steer the Skins toward championship either consciously of subconsciously, so like it's kind of on the fans/community too to change how we do things, not just the players and chainsaw dan

now haha, if im livin in nyc and a giant is a at myyyy bar, im gettin that dude and every other giant player wasted anytime they want b/c on sundays ill want that star giants player (see plax burris) and team to s h i t the bed therefore increase the Skins chances of winning a NFC title

it's a stretch but it's all i can do

Posted by: retroskins14 | December 6, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Makes little sense to cut him now. Keep him (dare I suggest they play him?) then trade him in the offseason hopefully -- try to get something in return for the $36 odd million invested. No one will want to pay to sign him of course, so Skins are going to have to call folks' bluff -- I could even see keeping him around next year.

I think sometimes people forget this was a huge transfer of cash from Redskins fans and advertisers to Albert's bank account (that is, when he finally got around to cashing the check).

Posted by: Pepper5 | December 6, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 9:29 PM

Now there's a brilliant idea. But if that doesn't appeal to you, then you could roll a big boulder up a hill and change your name from Scott to Sisyphus.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Good luck and good day.

Posted by: SteveMG | December 6, 2010 9:29 PM

Nope. I'll just call you one for knowing the facts almost two years later and ignoring them and then thinking I give a damn what some media slappy wrote. We KNOW media lies constantly. As I just said earlier it's people LIKE YOU AND THE MEDIA... ah why do I bother arguing with a liar?

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

I, too, think fat AL is a POS but he makes the D Line substantially better. As such, I think that Shanny makes him work harder in practice and plays him. And if he can't make Fat Albert practice harder, keep deactivating him but do not cut him. He is already paid for so either use him or sit him but don't give him away.
Another option: If Fat Al really has a drinking problem, the Skins can report him as a substance abuse case to the league. Then the league and union gets involved and the ramifications get much higher.
Also, Shanny has to learn that he is always going to have a talented problem child or two and should learn how to better manage them. Look what Gibbs was able to do with Dexter, Riggo, Gary Clark, etc.. You can't manage everyone the same way. You have to give a little to get a little and Jeff Fischer was able to manage Fat Al.

Posted by: neil64 | December 6, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

James Davis managed 80 yards on 12 touches - 9 carries for 40 yards and another 40 yards on 3 catches.

Posted by: p1funk | December 6, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for pointing that out, I was wondering what his stat line actually was. I thought he looked pretty damned good. Quicker reads, better vision, and more elusiveness as he shook the rust off from last week.

I'd say he had more burst than Torain, what say you?

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 6, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I think Haynesworth will be released the saturday before the last game of the season.

Posted by: wattsicon | December 6, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

Several people... indicated that high-ranking Redskins officials are again fed up with Haynesworth's lack of effort.

It seems that Prince Al's singular moment of effort and creativity as a redskin came when he promised to be a good team guy in order to get $21 million dollars.

Once the money was in the bank, he reverted back to the moral prehistoric neanderthal he was all along.

We can blame AH for all his moral and professional issues.

But BA and Shanahan had to know he was a bad fit for the franchise the day they themselves took jobs to run it.

He was added by Vinny Cerrato without a thought as to how he fit into whatever defensive scheme Greg Blache ran.

No one with good sense saw his addition as a positive for the redskins.

Maybe we should also start blaming Shanallen for not moving Haynesworth when there was true value in doing so.

Folks made offers before the draft and at the start of this season, but Mike Shanahan held onto AH like he was poker chip.

Thing is, now, he's about as valuable as a buffalo chip.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 6, 2010 9:44 PM | Report abuse

I'm just thankful the new Administration has kept the crisis count to only the Haynesworth issue.

Glad they didn't make their running game depend on Portis, Johnson and Parker.

Glad they sewed up the line issues by signing Artis Hicks and Kory Lichtensteiger.

Glad they settled the linebacking issues by using Alexander, Carter, MacIntosh, Orakpo and Fletcher out of position.

Glad they settled the DE issues with Carikker and Golston.

Glad they solidified DB depth with Buchanon.

Glad they fixed the WR problems with Roydell and Galloway.

Glad Shanny didn't bench McNabb for Grossman, then sign him for a $78 million deal worth $3.5 mil.

Things are going along so much smoother with Shanny and Allen.

Posted by: TheCork | December 6, 2010 9:44 PM | Report abuse

I meant pay us in draft picks or players to take this oaf and his contract unless they think we won't cut him.

Posted by: Pepper5 | December 6, 2010 9:46 PM | Report abuse

How 'bout this Patriot beatdown?

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 6, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

We can blame AH for all his moral and professional issues.

No one with good sense saw his addition as a positive for the redskins.

Thing is, now, he's about as valuable as a buffalo chip.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 6, 2010 9:44 PM

I soooo agree with everything except the holding onto AH like a poker chip. He asked Albert if he was going to be man and then took him at his word when Alby said yes. Alby decided to d0uche out on that word...period.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

Here's how the conversation on Wednesday is going to go:

Shanny: Al, give me back some money and we'll let you go.

AH: No.

Shanny: Whatever.

AH: Whatever.

Posted by: p1funk | December 6, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

How 'bout this Patriot beatdown?

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 6, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Hells yeah. Brady and Graham are on my roster.

Just don't bring up the two first round and three second round draft picks they own, I might vomit.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 6, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Glad they didn't make their running game depend on Portis, Johnson and Parker.

Glad they settled the DE issues with Carikker and Golston.

Glad they solidified DB depth with Buchanon.

Glad they fixed the WR problems with Roydell and Galloway.

Things are going along so much smoother with Shanny and Allen.

Posted by: TheCork | Decemb0 9:44 PM |

See what I mean SteveMG? This is your typical half story, over exageration yellow journalist doing what they, and you, do best.

Hey Corky, don't forget to mention the 11 plus WR's they had try out in camp or Armstrong and Banks on the roster. Or Austin who was recently promoted. Also don't forget to mention Torrain was 1 of 4 RB's in camp too. Let's not forget that Parker didn't make it to a real game and Johnson not much further. Also don't forget to mention drafting T. Williams to help with the line and signing a pro bowler for a RT (granted he hasn't been very good but he was a probowler). But why would you mention those things? They would go against your point.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

"december 2012 is when we should know how shanny has really done here in Washington"
Posted by: retroskins14

Great retro...so you're saying the Skins will be good again just before the end of the world? HA!

Posted by: rot8tor_man | December 6, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

romolongballs

Hells yeah. Brady and Graham are on my roster.

What amazes is how the Pats shed Randy Moss realizing a 'dink and dunk' passing approach was what was best for them.

They get 10 play scoring drives with a bunch of short passes that crush a defense's will.

IMO, this Patriot team might be Belichek's best.

We'll see what happens come January.

Posted by: MistaMoe | December 6, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

Here's how the conversation on Wednesday is going to go:

Shanny: Al, give me back some money and we'll let you go.

AH: No.

Shanny: You'll sit.

AH: Cool, I can get drunk every night now

Posted by: p1funk | December 6, 2010 9:52 PM |

A little help for ya.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Hey, Romo--

33-30 Redskins? At least the 30 for the Giants was close.

Next time you have a wet dream about a Redskins football game you may want to just keep it to yourself. Leave that sort of stuff for the psychics and tarot card readers. Hope you didn't bet money based on that dream.

Posted by: beep-beep | December 6, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: retroskins14

Posted by: rot8tor_man | December 6, 2010 9:58 PM |

Well, it's a good way to go.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 10:02 PM | Report abuse

I don't have much to say except:

Albert's comments will not be taken lightly by Shanahan. This is over one way or the other, cut or sent home for the year, he's done.

AND the idea that we should trade Laron Landry is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. How the eff do you trade your best player when you have absolutely no depth at his position? Have you been paying attention to our D while he's been out?

Wow.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | December 6, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Even though he was a Cowboy...RIP Don "Dandy Don" Meredith

"Turn out the lights, the party is over.."

Posted by: Diesel44 | December 6, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

lol beeps, no I don't wager money based on the rambling incoherencies my brain concocts while I'm asleep.

I'll use daytime reasoning next time. And it's not like you didn't overestimate our team. You said they'd score 10 points? What a homer.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 6, 2010 10:22 PM | Report abuse

IMO, this Patriot team might be Belichek's best.
We'll see what happens come January.

I'm as impressed with their defense after what they did to Pittsburgh. And what they're doing to the Jets, who aren't a juggernaut but have LT, Holmes, Smith, and Sanchez.

I don't know if this is their best team, but it looks like one of their championship team to me. I'd say they're clearly the front runner after tonight.

Posted by: RomoLongballs | December 6, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

Listening to the Shanny presser from today and these damn reporters are ridiculous. Albert this and Albert that...Ugh.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 10:31 PM | Report abuse

Also noticed Shanny was calling Devin Thomas "Derek."

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 10:33 PM | Report abuse

"AND the idea that we should trade Laron Landry is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard."

Yep. It's migraine-inducing logic.

The other day, a smart-mouthed caller chimed in on Lavar & Dukes claiming the only way this team can ever get better is when they finally become open to trading a guy like Brian Orakpo for a draft pick(s).

It makes me embarrassed to be a Redskin fan - more so than the performance on Sunday.

Posted by: psps23 | December 6, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: psps23 | December 6, 2010 10:34 PM

It's assinine. Let's trade a known, proven, young player for an unknown. Un-SJK-ing believable.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | December 6, 2010 10:42 PM | Report abuse

What's truly sad is that the such few tradable commodities and those are the guys that we should build around. There is a reason teams aren't calling to inquire about our ageing has beens or our underperformers.

I'd put these players on the list.
Orakpo
Landry
TW
Cooley (the 3rd-5th isn't enough)
Davis (the 4th-5th isn't enough)

That's it that's the list.

We will need to be very calculated, not necessarily frugal, but get guys that are team first and fit the new schemes. We also need to hit HRs with our 1st and 2nd RD picks and hopefully trade those in to even more picks, if possible.

Lan