Albert Haynesworth trade in the works?

We were hearing buzz Monday about the Redskins again revisiting the possibility of trading defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who has continued to stir frustration in the organization.

ESPN is reporting that the Redskins and Tennessee Titans, Haynesworth's former team, are in trade talks. This is not surprising based on what team sources told us on Saturday about Haynesworth's performance in the preseason finale. People who reviewed film of the game described Haynesworth's play as "awful," saying he showed little effort and did not follow the principles of the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Haynesworth also angered coaches when he did not attend a halftime meeting to discuss defensive adjustments and review photos of the Arizona Cardinals' blocking schemes. In fairness to Haynesworth, one of his teammates said, the two-time all-pro is especially intense during games and has never attended halftime meetings because he prefers to remain focused on his duties. The teammate added that although Haynesworth did not appear especially sharp on film, his performance, in large part, could be attributed to the fact that Haynesworth is a nine-year veteran who participated in 49 of 55 plays during the fourth, and largely meaningless, preseason game.

On Monday, a league source surmised that the Redskins have resumed trade discussions with at least one team because Haynesworth participated in few plays during practice Sunday and Monday as the team began preparations to face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night at FedEx Field. A team source said Haynesworth met with Coach Mike Shanahan in private after practice Monday at Redskins Park.

Shanahan, who has player-personnel control, passed on an opportunity to trade Haynesworth before the draft, a league source said. But Shanahan his reached his limit with the ongoing Haynesworth drama and seems ready to make a move. Owner Daniel Snyder, however, already has paid Haynesworth $32 million for essentially one season of work, and he may want a major say in what happens with Haynesworth.

How likely is it the Haynesworth will be traded? It depends on whether the Titans are willing to offer enough compensation to allay Snyder's concerns about having paid Haynesworth all that money -- which includes a $21-million bonus on April 1 -- and having received so little in return.

If the Redskins and Titans are truly talking about a trade for the Big Fella, is this a good thing?

And if Haynesworth is still with the team, should he start Sunday against Dallas? Talk about it in the Redskins Tailgate Zone:

By Jason Reid  |  September 7, 2010; 10:49 AM ET
Categories:  Albert Haynesworth
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Keiland Williams glad the call never came
Next: Donovan McNabb: We can't win without Haynesworth

Comments

Hey beep-beep,

Most creative thing up here was the guy who used to post Snyder as $nyder. That was hot.

Posted by: beep-beep | September 7, 2010 7:46 AM |

You take $nyder's money now, you'd better be prepared to contribute 110%, or you'll be crushed. That's the lesson -- a good one!

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 7, 2010 10:08 AM |

So beep-beep, you must be talking about Pepper5, or maybe some of the other folks, including myself, that use the $ instead of an S.

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

AH does not attend halftime meetings? I don't know how I have managed to never hear this before, but it strikes me as a pretty bizzare approach to a team game.

Posted by: manlius1 | September 7, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

So he misses a halftime meeting because he is "too intense." But he plays awfully because it's a meaningless preseason game so he is presumable not intense enough.

Which is it?

No more excuses. If he can't put his head down and play hard there is no spot for him on this team.

Posted by: ThisGuy | September 7, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

How 'bout ham sandwiches?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

Why no mention on RI if you guys @ The Post were onto this yesterday? Posting half baked, untrue/unconfirmed reports from vague and unnamed sources has never stopped you before.

As far as the issue of trading him, I think it's going to happen. I'd be thrilled with a 2 and 3 but realize that is highly unlikely.

Without analyzing TN's roster to see who they have that could help us, I'm inclined to say we take what we can get and move on.

If the Titans won't give us value in picks, then perhaps some financial compensation could grease the wheels on this getting done.

A unified team with everyone rowing the same direction IMO outweighs any individual talent Al brings.

Posted by: WaitingGuilty | September 7, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Per previous post:

"he can catch the ball and he's a heady kid."

..."IT'S HEDLEY!"

...ahhh, Mel Brooks.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 7, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

mistamayor,

The name 'Big Fella' applies to players of girth who amaze the fanbase with their play and charisma.

Albert Haynesworth has provided skinsfans with none of one and little of the other.

He has been more disappointing than a X-Mas with no toys or tree.

Media types have gotta more mileage out of AH than any redskin defensive coordinator.

Our attention is singularly on the Dallas Cowboys and the prospects of a return to professional football in the Nation's Capitol.

And as for AH, he can focus all he wants on football.

But we'd be hard-pressed to say he has been less than professional during his time in D.C..

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Bye-bye Fat Al.

Hello Vincent Jackson!

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | September 7, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

If I had 3 wishes, I would burn 2 of them on that, I swear.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Dumb. Your first wish should always be for a million more wishes. Then you can waste 2 on AH.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 10:57 AM |

I know what one of your wishes would be Hokie, LOL.

Your team got straight up kicked out of the BCS in the very first game by Potato State.

Classic.

If I were re-Tard-rod Taylor at this point, I'd drop out of VT and start training for the NFL combine while my stock was still high and I was uninjured. There's no point in playing this year anymore.

I bet the Terps beat your team this year, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

VT sucks balls.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

If the Skins get a 2nd round pick, they should seriously consider trading it to New England for Logan Mankins, a pro-bowl left guard, who is demanding a trade under the threat of sitting out the entire season. It wouldn't solve all their problems with the O-Line, but it would certainly make them stronger.

Mankins or Dockery would have to move to the right side, which would be a challenge, but it could still be big upgrade over what they have. It would definitely add good depth to their O-line.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Who says I should be focused on football?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

The coaching staff has few good options at this point. If they play him Sunday, hoping a real game will make him play hard, and he stinks...any deal you can put together with Tennessee will evaporate. Now that word has gotten out that you're in trade talks (5 days before the opener!) you gotta take what you can get or cut off the talks and act like they were just listening to a Titan team that's really interested. Does anybody think he will play hard and not cause dissention on the team over the course of 17-20 weeks?

Posted by: MColeman51 | September 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

If we can't trade AH for another player who can help us this season (a la Vincent Jackson), then we should keep him.

If we keep him, AH will play hard in the hopes of raising his trade value for next year.

Posted by: sgmd | September 7, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

That was a complete humiliation for the Hokies last night. They talked a lot of trash before the game -- as usual -- but couldn't back it up on the field -- as usual.

Have they ever beaten a Top 10 team? I think I heard last night that Beamer is 0-22 against Top 10 opponents. Is that true?

Loved the gangsta thug uniforms though. Looked good laying on the ground while Boise State was stuffing the Hokie run game backwards.

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | September 7, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Or more appropriately...Retard.

Posted by: scampbell1975 | September 7, 2010 10:37 AM

I'm so retarded that I told you weeks ago how this saga would end. And I was right. Shanahan is a loser and the locker room knows it. they don't respect a coach who places his ego above the welfare of the team.

When Dallas pushes your nose tackle and right defensive end around and runs the ball down your throat, please think fondly of Shanahan and how he bungled this whole Haynesworth affair. Mr. Haynesworth has already vowed to miss the upcoming offseason conditioning program as well if the Redskins foolishly keep him around, so there is no way out for Shanahan other than to trade him or pay him for doing nothing. My client would love to take an extended vacation near his mansion in Florida or be practice fodder while raking in even MORE millions from little Danny. Life is good.

Posted by: HaynesworthsAgent | September 7, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Who says I should be focused on football?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:13 AM |

I think we all want both of you to go away, AH and Albert_Haynesworth.

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

Albert for a 3rd this yr n 4th next.

We then send thos pics to sd for vince jackson...

Good bye fatsworthless n hello drunken td celebrations

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Just take whatever TN is willing to give you if they are the only team interested. His value is not going to be any higher than TN is willing to pay for him. Basicallly Snyderrato will have paid $32 mill for a 4th round pick. Oh well, he has got plenty more of it....

Posted by: BarackObama | September 7, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 11:12 AM |

Man, the contributors here today must have had their share of Ginko.

JOBBGIE, I love that idea. I just wish there was some way to trade that fat fu*k to the Denver Broncos.

Imagine that fat doosh trying to play in Denver. You think he was a human TV timeout here? HAHAHA. Albert sucking thin air would be a freaking death sentence.

I'm all for it!

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

How many excuses can be made for this guy?

He doesn't go to meetings. He doesn't listen to coaches. He doesn't go to OTAs/minicamps. He doesn't do what is asked of him. He's usually out of shape. He whines like a girl. He fakes injuries.

The guy is a loser, period. I don't care how much talent he has. He's a bum. A waste of a perfectly good athletic specimen.

He just doesn't have what it takes to be a winner.

Posted by: Rypien11 | September 7, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Does it mean I get to skip practice this week?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

I bet the Terps beat your team this year, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

VT sucks balls.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Im the furthest thing from a Tech fan but did you watch the Terps game, they are the luckiest team outsidda ECU this weekend. Navy should have won that game by a good margin.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

MistaMoe, you funny.

But could run that last sentence by me again? I think that you have a triple negative and a dangling participle in there.

Posted by: rgj21 | September 7, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Albert for a 3rd this yr n 4th next.

We then send thos pics to sd for vince jackson...

Good bye fatsworthless n hello drunken td celebrations

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:18 AM |

Almost as funny a visual as the coked-up play of LT (the REAL LT) or the 'roided up sack dances of Mark Gasteneau or Lyle Alzado.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

HaynesworthsAgent = Albert_Haynesworth

You ain't fooling anyone on this board, troll. Further more, you are clueless when it comes to football or personel matters.

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I live in Georgia. I like Golston, but he is not half the player Haynesworth is. When people start to realize that Albert takes up blockers and allows others to be succesful, then you really see his value. A 2 and a 3 round pick may start in the future but both may not have the impact Albert has. And please don't start with the we didn't win last year with him. The sacks went up and the average yard per rush went down. With him playing limited time early in the preseason we were almost last in sacks and yards allowed per rush. Compare that to the last 2 games he played.

Posted by: edavis291 | September 7, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Haynesworth is a sack of d*ck....get him the f*ck out of here. Can't attend a meeting on scheme because he's too intense and focused......to go out and suck against guys that got cut??

My bet is that ShannAllen are trying to get some extra picks to send to SD for jackson, maybe a 2 and a 4??

Posted by: DEskinzfan | September 7, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

He has been more disappointing than a X-Mas with no toys or tree.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Actually, was our lump of coal in our preverbial stocking last year. I say trade him, hopefully we can get 2 draft picks for him like the reports say we are asking for.

Posted by: monk811 | September 7, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Wait wait wait....

I was all excited...

Then I realized this is a reid post.....

So 80% is copy n paste n the rest is made up BS.....

Coaches were talkin hayny up....

Maybe to help facilitate a trade.....

Shanyys smart n we will get what we want from him, a real coach n a chance to win games

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

- Its 0-22 against AP top 5 away from Blacksburg...That is horrendous.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

I bet the Terps beat your team this year, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

VT sucks balls.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:22 AM |

But Navy didn't and MD won so what's your point?

VT lost to Potato State. Man, that's still funny to me. Go jingle your keys like a homo. HAHA.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I hate to say it... but this team really could use him up front... I don't think Daniels, Kemo, & Vonnie are going to scare anyone. We need someone that can push the line into the backfield & demand respect. Like it or not, Haynesworth is that guy on our line.

Posted by: tony325 | September 7, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

I just pooped my pants.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

If he is traded, I'd like to see us get a starting FS for him. That is our other big hole on defense.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 7, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

If I had 3 wishes, I would burn 2 of them on that, I swear.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 10:57 AM

That goes against all wish rules...you can't wish for more wishes.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 7, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I just pooped my pants.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:34 AM |

White ones I hope.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

hessone = clueless slurper

My client has not changed a bit since he arrived in Washington a year ago. The Redskins are not the sharpest organization in the leagure if they pay handsomely for a grizzled veteran and start trying to "change" him and mold him into something else five minutes after the ink is dry on his contract.

Hessone, I feel sorry for you because your Shanahan idolatry will turn into disgust in a few weeks. If you pay to attend home games (and therefore contribute to Mr. Hayneworth's salary [and mine]), I thank you.

Posted by: HaynesworthsAgent | September 7, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

How about Kenny Britt and a 3rd?

Posted by: ash10 | September 7, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

But Navy didn't and MD won so what's your point?

I was trying to figure out if you were talking up the Terps or talking down the Hokies... Im thinkin you just wanted to talk down the Hokies, but if you wanna give your MD predictions i would be interested in hearing them. Apparently you value Golf Cart Fattys squad more then Goiter Faces squad this year???

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Talked to AH at the game yesterday. Told him to stuff some Cowboys, but he didn't look to excited about that. Maybe he knows that he won't be here for the game?

Posted by: ArlingtonHokie | September 7, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sgmd | September 7, 2010 11:16 AM

Tell me...what color are the unicorns in your world?

Seriously dude...if AH were capable of that kind of clarity, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

On a side note, I'm about 100% certain this unnamed teammate giving all these excuses for AH is none other than DHall. Dude has been that Fat Albert's mouthpiece all offseason...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Randy Shannon FTW

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 7, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

Thanks coach, I'm finally in football shape.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

This has nothing to do with hatred but Haynes-girth is a total NI@@ER.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tony325

Tony he is only "that guy" in a contract year.That is not who we have now.

Posted by: smittdiddy | September 7, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: tony325 | September 7, 2010 11:31 AM

What's wrong with you using reason up here?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 7, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

HaynesworthsAgent, allow me to respond.

My client has not changed a bit since he arrived in Washington a year ago.

I NEVER SAID HE DID.

I NEVER SAID THEY WERE.

YOU CAN TAKE YOUR PITY ELSEWHERE.

Boy, are you a loser if you don't know by now the "King of BOYCOTT $NYDER", hessone, gave up his season tickets long ago. Go and be a troll on a Cowboy's board if you want to thank me.

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

Ill pass on britt.

He would just join our busts......

We need a nfl proven wr n a starting caliber FS

I think they bgo after a wr first, moore really impressed in this d....

Screw hayny..... ship him to buffalo!!!!!!

Trade him for the picks n forget he was ever here....

How many haynesworth jerseys are we gonna see burnt on sportcenter after he leaves?????? Ill buy one just to burn it

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: sgmd | September 7, 2010 11:16 AM

Tell me...what color are the unicorns in your world?

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 11:46 AM |

I'm surprised Hall can talk with that potato that Boise State jammed into his pie hole.

I say put AH out there on opening night - if he's still on the roster and have Fletch go 'Tomahawk Missle' into the back of his ankle.

Problem solved, on the riz-tip.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I would trade AH for a pile of sh... of equivalent weight.

Posted by: adrian7 | September 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

ITA, Fuhkk0

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Ill pass on britt.

He would just join our busts......

We need a nfl proven wr n a starting caliber FS

I think they bgo after a wr first, moore really impressed in this d....

Screw hayny..... ship him to buffalo!!!!!!

Trade him for the picks n forget he was ever here....

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MistaMoe

Amen. If anyone on that squad is less deserving of an affectionate nickname, I don't know who it is.

Posted by: TheCork | September 7, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I swear, Jebus!!!
We get on AH for airing the laundry in the media, its time to do the same with this coaching staff.
Trade talks, performance critics and all the sniping isn't helping. Really, the more BS stirred up, the more the Skins devalue AH. THE LESS THE SKINS WILL GET IN RETURN.
We all want as much as possible for AH (personally, I would like to see him stay) but you can't get that if you keep taking a dump on him.
IMO, I say keep him and coach'em up. That's what the staff gets paid to do, cajole and manipulate the players to perform and execute the game plan. Sometimes you have to pat a back or offer praise or lie to get people to work hard for you. Sometimes you have to kick someone in the pants, either way that's what the coahes are paid large sums of cash to do. The staff seems to be more interested in holding a grudge than putting their best def. player on the field.
I'm no Fat Al apologist; the whole situation just seems pretty petty....

Posted by: priceisright | September 7, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

I couldn't disagree with this more...the only way Shanahan wins is if he restores order to his locker room and has EVERY player dedicated to the team effort. The only way he does that is by getting AH outta here. He gave it a shot (to a fault, IMO) but it's time to cut your losses. AH wasn't Shanahan's investment, so the only way he "loses" is if AH stays here undermining his best efforts.

The only loser in this is Snyder...once again he gambled that paying someone else's star would translate here and lost...

Posted by: brownwood26 |

True. It is a win win for AH and Shanny. Snyder is only loser which does not bother me one bit.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

I wonder when Deangelo Hall will come out from the shadows of undisclosed "teammate."

Instead of worrying about his Haynesworth PR campaign and trying to make the cast of the spin crowd, Deangelo should focus on his tackling so he doesn't embarrass himself on another episode of Hard Knocks.

Posted by: Eman8 | September 7, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

For all my fans, can I have those jerseys back please?

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Hahahahahah just saw trade talks on espn!!!!

Man shanny needs to cut our loses.....

Shanny is like intervention for $nyder

I can see the show now....

Snyder walks in....

Take a seat bud, don't be scared were here to help....

Why do u pay these overage overrated players???

Do you wanna win???? You gotta cut ur loses

Your gonna lose ur fan bases, what's left of it....

Cut haynesworth n atleast we have a prideful team......

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

So if I read this correctly, a LEAGUE source (not a team source) surmised (guessed) that the Redskins have resumed trade discussions with at least one team (as opposed to with NO teams?)... and that is because Haynesworth participated in few plays during practice? Or, you know, maybe he wasn't in practice because he had a bad game and wouldn't attend a halftime meeting?

Wow, this is a real stretch.

Posted by: ADewey | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

I would trade AH for a pile of sh... of equivalent weight.

Posted by: adrian7 | September 7, 2010 11:52 AM

Don't wanna speak for Poopy...but I think he would be thrilled with this trade.

Posted by: PlayAction | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Eman8 | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: edavis291 | September 7, 2010 11:23 AM

UFB...it's this kind of thinking that has allowed this fat sack of sh*t to get away with what he has to this point. I'm sure any coach worth a sh*t would agree with me when I say I'd rather have a less talented "effort" guy with a high motor than some uber-talented slacker who has all the tools to be great but just doesn't give a damn. I'd take two Kedric Golstons over one AH every day of the week and twice on gameday.

It absolutely baffles me that Redskins fans--fans that have seen 3 SB titles with nothing more than a cast of misfits and after-thoughts--can sit up here and earnestly believe for a minute that we NEED this turd. Nobody NEEDS this guy. By my count, 44 teams have won SBs without AH on its roster and I'll bet the next 44 will one without him as well. The only thing we NEED is a roster of 53 men working together for one common goal and the right coach to lead those men. Truth be told, I like our chances at that scenario much more once AH is off the roster...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

You know who isn't mentioned in the Haynesworth rumor derby? The Pittsburgh Steelers. What D-lineman for them can you name?

Why is their defense good (when healthy)? A great scheme and great linebackers and guys like Palamalu in back.

The redskins Non-Albert Dlijne is sufficient. What will make the difference is the linebacking, turnovers, and Haslet staying one step ahead of Dallas Sunday.

Would I take Haynesworth with a proper attitude? You bet.

But the one danny acquired is not that man. Trade him and move on.

Posted by: TheCork | September 7, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Ill pass on britt.

He would just join our busts......

We need a nfl proven wr n a starting caliber FS

I think they bgo after a wr first, moore really impressed in this d....

Screw hayny..... ship him to buffalo!!!!!!

Trade him for the picks n forget he was ever here....

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 11:52 AM |

Brandon, you're on a roll. Be careful though, Haney might eat you. I would like to burn a photo of me burning a photo of me burning an AH jersey.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | September 7, 2010 11:17

No. The new Virginia Tech uniforms looked like a new version of Doritos being hawked.

Posted by: phenomena1 | September 7, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

This will never end. Albert Haynesworth IS the Washington Redskins 2010 season, forget about football, just replace the current logo with AH's face and let's just sit and talk about AH on Sundays @ 1 and sometimes 4 and even sometimes 830 PM, no games just AH talk.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 7, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Espn say the titans sticking point in taking hayny is huge price tag.....

Does anyone forsee us helping pay some just to get rid of him????

I wonder what compensation we could get if he paid a portion of his contract

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Eman8 | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM

If by "embarrass himself on another episode of Hard Knocks" you mean "intercept the opponent's overrated and overhyped QB", I hope he embarrasses himself 2 or 3 times on Sunday night...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

I realize that WaPO is just trying to draw people in with this "trade Haynesworth" rumor but gosh, if it could only be so. I am so tired of this B.S. This is "I hate Dallas" week and all we are talking about is a big pile of blubber who got paid and has no heart. Trade him, cut him... have him rubbed out: I don't care. Let's just end this soap opera, shall we?

BTW, I would take a brown bagger like Golston over a heartless, gutless miscreant like Haynesworth any day of the week. Let's not just trade him; let's line up with pitch forks at the stadium and run him out of town.

Posted by: RedSkinHead | September 7, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow, this is a real stretch.

Posted by: ADewey | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM |

A league source guessing?

Sounds like Mortenson to me.

I doubt it's Sheffy. He's prepping for Rosh Hashana.

It's curious though that Haynesworth could be traded on Rosh Hashana.

If that happens, I will always know that day as Rosh Hashannahan.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Eman8 | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Co-sign.

Posted by: saltine182 | September 7, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

We know Albert’s going to do what he wants to do, whether it’s going to benefit him, benefit the team, or if it’s a stupid idea or a good idea, he’s going to do what he’s going to do. It’s kind of hard to change his mind.

Posted by: DeAngelo_Hall | September 7, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Would I take Haynesworth with a proper attitude? You bet.

But the one danny acquired is not that man. Trade him and move on.

Posted by: TheCork
Casey Hampton. You are not going to know the names of the dline in Pitt because you are not a fan of the team and they don't accumulate stats. The front 3 for Pitt is very good which allows the LBs to be so effective. If playing hard AH would be the best the guy on the Dline by a long shot. I am not saying that the skins should keep him but not having very good front 3 players will definitely cause the defense to step back a bit this year.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Per previous post:

"he can catch the ball and he's a heady kid."

..."IT'S HEDLEY!"

...ahhh, Mel Brooks.

--------------------
"Lilly, Lilly, Legs, Lilly"

Oh...and KMA Albie, you freakin' load. I'm sure they're ready for your sorry act back in Music City. Stay intense, you loser.

Posted by: InRealAmerica | September 7, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

How can he not go to a halftime meeting about adjustments?

Posted by: justsayin | September 7, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheCork | September 7, 2010 11:59 AM

Excellent point...the thing AH apologists overlook is that we're not running a 4-3 anymore. That alignment produces stars. In the 3-4, the D-lineman are anonymous grunts. Aaron Smith is probably the best D-lineman you've never heard of. When he plays, he's great and so is the Steeler D. When he doesn't play, they fall to pieces like they did last season. Most people point to Polamalu's absence as the reason the Steelers fell out of contention last year...you could make a strong case that Smith's trip to IR was every bit as damning.

Point is, if you don't notice the guys playing the line in a 3-4, they're probably doing their jobs well. Rarely does it mean a lot of sacks and recognition for them...it means freeing up the LBs and DBs to make plays. For that reason, we're better off with Golston and a decent rotation of 'team' guys than one selfish, lazy, self-proclaimed legend in his own mind like AH.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Hey, anyone else watch that fubbal game last night?

How 'bout them Hokies?!

Posted by: freakzilla | September 7, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

I hate agreeing with Matt Mosley because I think he's a tool but if the skins are really in trade discussions about AH then they should pull the trigger already. This ongoing drama's getting ridiculous.

Posted by: skinswest | September 7, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Halftime meetings are for players on the active roster.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth | September 7, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

since jason reid is reporting it, the total opposite is going to happen irl.
jreid, you're getting hosed dude.

Posted by: BMACattack | September 7, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Lol....

No no I wouldn't buy a 92 jersey.....

Probly a t shirt...

I'm done contributing to cleathsworth

Hey everyone remember his intro press conference???

" I don't wanna be remembered as a bust" or some crap like that??? I kno some one remembers???

What a jackanus.........

Anyone got some good sign ideas for 9/12???? I'm gonna need a funny one

Posted by: brandon_in_cali | September 7, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rgj21

"The current syntax suggests that you think that AH has acted professionally while here."

You're write, the righting has beene bahd all dahy.

I'm trying to git my job done and post at the same tyme.

My heade isn't kleer for sum reason.

Thanjks for the shut out, dough.

Posted by: MistaMoe | September 7, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Eman8 | September 7, 2010 11:58 AM

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Co-sign.

Posted by: saltine182 | September 7, 2010 12:06 PM | Report abuse

I wondered who Rex Ryan was jawing at during that episode. I thought it was Hall.

In the end, though, the Jests got embarrassed. They are lucky none of that footage aired before the game. I think if the Skins saw their special teams coach saying "Redskins... F- them" might have led to a few injuries.

Hall definitely showed up Ryan. I'm convinced the Jests are no Superbowl team. They are going to finish behind the Fins.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26

Which is a big reason why AH wants to go back to the 4-3. You can get recognition in the 3-4 like Ngata, Seymour and Wilfork have but not stats. If AH would have bought into the defense he would have been a great in the 3-4.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

This is why the Redskins are a joke.

Instead of getting ready for the Cowboys, the players on the team are STILL wondering who's lining up for the game on Sunday night. A scrap heap NT or a reject DE. Daniel Snyder is the only owner in the NFL who thoroughly devalues an asset, THEN tries to trade it. I love it!

Buck up, Redskins fans. The final score won't be too bad.

Cowboys 35
Redskins 10

I'll be here next Monday. Make sure you clowns show up too. No excuses.

Posted by: dallasinthedmv | September 7, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 12:08 PM

It's not about playing hard (even though that would be a MAJOR break thru for this lazy POS), it's about playing your assignment. D-lineman in this system are there to tie up as many blockers as possible, freeing up the LBs to make plays. Do you REALLY think for one minute that AH will roll outta bed one day a team player? He's gonna do what he's always done...shoot into the backfield looking for the QB. Sounds good in theory...not so much on run plays. THAT'S why this isn't gonna work. Everyone knows AH's talent. That's never been the question. The question is and always has been will he play the defense the way it's meant to be played and will he be in shape well enough to do it. Considering his actions this offseason, I'd bet the house he won't...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

fwiw, I mentioned I liked Troy Smith, the QB just released by B'more. We got Beck from B'more and locked him into that spot. Thing is, #3 QB's are readily available. I'd have much preferred Smith over Beck.

Troy Smith got picked up by SF and may even become their #2.

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 7, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 12:22 PM

You know why those guys are stars?

They win.

With AH's attitude, he'll never get the love those guys get.

Or the rings.

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

This has nothing to do with hatred but Haynes-girth is a total NI@@ER.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:47 AM

Wow. I was going to respond to your prior post about MD beating VT, but now I realize I'm dealing with a total moron. I probably should have been tipped off to that fact when you claimed MD would beat VT. And that would be a great bet for me, if VT played MD this year. Since that won't happen (unless of course MD makes the ACC championship game, which is akin to saying "if Jacksonville State makes the ACC title game"), there can be no bet.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

JReid being used as a puppet for both sides........

Posted by: 4thFloor | September 7, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: zcezcest1 | September 7, 2010 12:29 PM

Me too...seems to me he'd be a natural fill in for McNabb considering their similar mobility. Always good to have a backup similar to your starter...requires less adjustment for the most part.

Oh well...we're better off at QB than most so in Shanahan I trust...

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Halftime meetings are for players on the active roster.

Posted by: Albert_Haynesworth

Now thats funny.LMAO

Posted by: smittdiddy | September 7, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: brownwood26 | September 7, 2010 12:12 PM

Really? You've never heard of Jay Ratliff? Marcus Spears? Casey Hampton? Richard Seymour? Shaun Ellis? Or Ngata? The Skins don't have anyone among this class of players on the dline. Have you watched the dline during preseason? They are not doing the thing you claim is necessary. Interestingly, Robert Henson goes off with AH playing 49 plays.

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 7, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm all about getting rid of AH (ass-hole).
But what type of compensation are we talking about?

Does it have to do with sharing some of the signing bonus money or does it include picks? Players?

We know too little at this point and it sounds like speculation at this point.

But if the rumors are somewhat true...
what player could be possible on the bubble for Tennessee that we need?

Posted by: regxjin | September 7, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

AH is solid against the run.

Posted by: Stu27 | September 7, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Reid, you wrote "In fairness to Haynesworth, one of his teammates said, the two-time all-pro is especially intense during games and has never attended halftime meetings because he prefers to remain focused on his duties." You want to be fair to a guy who has robbed the Redskins of millions of dollars and has not earned it. You want to be fair to a lazy, spoiled, SOB who refuses to abide by the rules set down by the coach of a team. The Post should be fair to all its readers and get rid of you because you don't know what the hell you're talking about. gutless don't get it guy.

Posted by: getitritegov | September 7, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

You know why those guys are stars?

They win.

With AH's attitude, he'll never get the love those guys get.

Or the rings.

Posted by: brownwood26

Correct. I am not advocating the skins keeping AH. I am just pointing out that the only person on the skins roster with the talent to be considered a great dline in the 3-4 is AH. Of course it would mean playing hard and playing within the scheme. Which I agree will never happen. They should definitely trade him if at all possible.

That being said not having a stud in the front 3 is going to cause the defense to take a step back this season.

Posted by: srobert1117 | September 7, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I dunno - I mean, both parties [Stompy & Shenanigans] have their position pretty well defined.

I really don't have a problem watching AL half-SJKing it off the bench in the 2nd half. He'll still take up two bodies even if he plays entirely wrong.

I don't believe he'll slack like he did in pre-season. He'll slack like he did last season. Which wasn't that bad.

And when someone finally sez - "yknow what, he can help our squad" and we get a second for him... seeyuh.

It's all gravy. Good riddance, but 'till then we'll use ya.

Posted by: DikShuttle | September 7, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm all about getting rid of AH (ass-hole).
But what type of compensation are we talking about?

We know too little at this point and it sounds like speculation at this point.

But if the rumors are somewhat true...
what player could be possible on the bubble for Tennessee that we need?

Posted by: regxjin | September 7, 2010 12:37 PM

I'm sure it is a question of picks at this point. Who cares about the money anyway, Snyder has plenty of it. And in an uncapped year, it really doesn't make a difference. If we can get 2 picks with at least one being in the earlier rounds, then I think we'll probably go for it.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised he said it. Most notable thing he's said all summer RT @mtj8033: @Rich_Campbell seems like something he shouldn't say 22 minutes ago

I wouldn't make it up! RT @suze109: He really said that??? RT @Rich_Campbell McNabb on Haynesworth: "We can't win without him." 27 minutes ago

Posted by: TWISI | September 7, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 12:31 PM |

Listen up you sour-puss VT fan. I understand you just got 'spudded' by Potato State so I'll take it easy on you.

I never thought for a nanosecond that MD WILL win v. the ho-keys (jingle-jingle). I said that I wouldn't be surprised and you just got stuck on me saying MD and 'loses' and VT in the same sentence.

Face it dude, your teams season is flat-out over. And by the way, there might not be one human being in the area of VT that has used the "N" word.

It's called Blacksburg for cryin' out loud.

Jesus, am I speakin' Chinese?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

McNabb beeps. Who ya gonna trust McNabb or brownwood?

Posted by: learnedhand1 | September 7, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

This has nothing to do with hatred but Haynes-girth is a total NI@@ER.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse
somehow this gets through the filter.

Posted by: lilhollywood10 | September 7, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Albert_Haynesworth + HaynesworthsAgent + BarackObama + dallasinthedmv + MrIrvin88 + BigBlueStar + 10peterbilt = morons of the troll nation

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: getitritegov | September 7, 2010 12:44 PM |

Now that's a co-sign right there.

brown, keep up the good work in regards to AH. I'm to the point where we just release him and move on. Count me in as not in denial when it comes to this loser.

Posted by: hessone | September 7, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

If Haysworth is traded, No doubt about it, Orakpo & Carter's combine season sack total would be no more than the price of one gallon of regular gas at 2.51 per gallon !! Now that's real LOWWWWWWWWWWW !!

Posted by: Raidersfan2 | September 7, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

It's called Blacksburg for cryin' out loud.

Jesus, am I speakin' Chinese?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 12:48 PM

"Sour puss". That's cute. You are not speaking Chinese, but it is jibberish.

Posted by: HokiesSkins | September 7, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

I wonder who the unnamed teammate still defending Haynesworth could be.... DEANGELO

Posted by: jksesq1 | September 7, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Seems really simple to me. Look at last year's results. Withouth AH in the game vs. NO, Skins nearly pulled out a W vs the Aints, with him in the lineup the following week vs. the Gints, Skins lost 45-12.

Seems to me he's more of a cancer than anything else. Without him, team chemistry and cohesion, With him in the lineup, no chemistry or cohesion.

Posted by: dc1020008 | September 7, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

If haynesworth is traded do it now and get a draft pick or 2 and a center from the titans and get the weakling rabach off of the line who has more weaklings(litchensteiger and w. montgomery)backing him up. I don't care if snyder gets any money back that idiot and his moronic head of: foot on his balls operations started this.

Posted by: wathu19 | September 7, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Albert Haynesworthless, the biggest waste of money in a history of this team wasting money, worse than Deion. For those of you who blame Shanahan, what was Lumpo's excuse last year when he reacted to his record-breaking contract by showing up looking like he spent the off season eating? Then showed all the winning personality of roadkill. I'm tired of looking at his scowling face. He defines the word bum.

Posted by: curtb | September 7, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

@Jboogie- Excellent suggestion on the Mankins trade.

Posted by: bostskin | September 7, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Did anybody ever stop and think if they trade our 2nd team NT (Haynesworth) They will need to bring in a NT and have him ready for rotation by Sunday for one of our biggest games of the yr. Forget about the Haynesworth drama. but it makes no since to trade a dlineman who is questionably your best dlineman away for a draft pick and not pick up another dlineman that could come in and make an immediate impact against Dallas. Just makes no sense.

Posted by: RealOne1 | September 7, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Whatever happened to Ramzee Robinson, I thought he was a favorite to get on the practice squad? Musta sucked down the stretch, kinda sounds like a night out with Albert at the Jiggly Room!

Posted by: monk811 | September 7, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Even if we did go with that deal, the fact remains that LG is whole lot easier then RG. Hypothetically if we did do that I would want Makins at the more difficult RG position. Of course it's not going to happen so it's a moot point

Posted by: Dirtbag59 | September 7, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Trade him or IR but do not cut him. The skins are still on the hook for $9 million which. I would be very surprised if they get anything better than a 5th round pick for him.

If the trade falls through let him play a game or two and if he improves then great if he becomes a disciplinary problem then place him IR and end his season. Remember Gruden did the same thing to Keshawn when he became a problem child in Tampa.

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | September 7, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

If you ask me trading him to Tenn is basically rewarding him for bad behavior. I say play him and if he wants to make himself look bad all year thats on him. In the process he will get injured and I am sure he does not want that. But dont let him steal money then go back to his home team. Thats a win for him only. Make this guy earn his money.

Posted by: ged0386 | September 7, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

"This has nothing to do with hatred but Haynes-girth is a total NI@@ER.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | September 7, 2010 11:47 AM"

WaPo, Why do you let this white trash KKKracker post comments?

Posted by: StLou | September 7, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

I wonder if Kenny Britt is involved in this. He is one of the best young receivers in the league, but he has a huge attitude problem and the Titans are trying to get rid of him. He is extremely talented but I don't know if we want to replace Haynesworth with a bigger ego who also has trouble learning the plays. Titans don't really have anybody else we can use that badly though.

Posted by: bosshog7169 | September 7, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Albert Haynesworth trade in the works?

This reader feels the Washington Red Skins Ownership and management should have seen this problematic situation with Haynesworth coming when they first acquired him from the Titans. After all had Albert been some one willing to abide by the rules the Titans would not have let him go.

But Washington in turn choose to take a chance on the very gifted and talented Haynesworth, and are now paying a huge price for doing so.

I don't see the Titans taking this man back into their line up.
Furthermore this reader believes any team willing to take a chance on a player who fails to abide by the rules is asking for trouble.

Haynesworth is poison and He does not yet realize He is his Own worst enemy.

Sadly enough until this man wakes up and realizes he is not the only show in town. He will go no where and accomplish little.

Perhaps that reported $32Million he has already pocketed from his contract with Washington is the reason he is offering little in return thereby forcing Coach Shanahan to trade or let him go.

Posted by: jtynoble | September 7, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

Snyder will continue to laugh at all this, as he will get all his money back by fleecing the lemming fans of DC by upping prices. A never ending cycle.

Posted by: password11 | September 7, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I have learned to wait 24 hours on JR's postings. He has put too many assumptions out there for me.

Posted by: Budpratt1 | September 7, 2010 2:22 PM | Report abuse

I hope your source isn't Mike Wise's twitter account...

Posted by: ozpunk | September 7, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Leave Albert alone. Only in Washington...the great Shanny was supposed to fix this kangaroo outfit. I guess the Patients are still running the asylum.

Posted by: t-one | September 7, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Its true. 23 million is nothing to DS Landover Redskins. The fan pays for it all.

Posted by: tomass169 | September 7, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: tomass169 | September 7, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

The skins should not under any circumstances cut this guy. They will still owe him the $9 million for this season and he will be free to sign with any team and if a bidding war over him takes place AH can really end up making a lot more money on top of the 9 mil the skins will pay him.

The skins are not going get the two trade picks for him that they are requesting so he should either play or end up on IR. If they place him IR, I would have him to clean out his locker and get the "H" off of the property!! That way he will have 9 months to sit back and get fatter and seriously think about his selfish and immature behavior.

Posted by: 70chiponwhite | September 7, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins get a 2nd round pick
Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

If they get a 2nd round pick, it will be a goddamned miracle. Remember when they tried to shop him before the draft? No one was offering a 2nd round pick then. Has AH become more appealing since then?

Posted by: hellno1 | September 7, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

From the article:
"Shanahan, who has player-personnel control, passed on an opportunity to trade Haynesworth before the draft, a league source said."

THENE Shanahan is a DUMMY.

Owner Daniel Snyder, however, already has paid Haynesworth $32 million for essentially one season of work..."

THEN DAN IS A DUMMY and has again repeated what he sowed (Deion, Bruce, Jason T. etc.)

Posted by: morrisday1 | September 7, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I'm all for trading a.h but I want somone real good back and not some 3 rd or 4th round pick I'm talking 1st or 2nd round pick.

Posted by: truko213 | September 7, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

Don't trade him. Give him a broom and make him work off the 32+ million. Since we the fans are paying for it, let him entertain us for 8 home games in the portals of FedEx.

Posted by: nrhall45 | September 7, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm totally feeling you, Haynesworth's agent; you appear to be one of the few people here who actually has a brain. Before the threat to trade Haynesworth I was predicting 3-13, now I have no idea where the 3 wins are gonna come from; I tell you what I can't wait to see Shanahan's face when the Cowpies DESTROY the Skins on National television. OMG my sides hurt just laughing about it! You win, Shanny; and now your only legit DLineman will be gone because of your enormous ego. Seems to me we had another coach strutting around Redskins park who didn't think he needed talent to win football games -- what was his name again, oh yeah -- FIRED!!!

Posted by: guisher | September 7, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

It's truly a shame what has happened to The Redskins since 1996, the year of Jack Kent Cooke's passing. The once proud franchise is a disaster with no signs of repair on the horizon. I'll continue to bleed Burgundy & Gold but I'm done giving the fool known as Dan Snyder any of my money.

Posted by: kmp1 | September 7, 2010 4:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: morrisday1 | September 7, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I don't think so. Because its an uncapped year, it makes sense that the Redskins pay the bulk of their player contracts now. If I were Snyder, I'd pay off as much of the players' contracts as legally possible, trade the older players for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round draft picks, and let Shanahan and Allen leverage use those picks as leverage over the next few years.

They don't have a great shot at winning this year anyway. They might as well take their lumps and stockpile picks now that we have a legitimate GM.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: morrisday1 | September 7, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

They don't have a great shot at winning this year anyway. They might as well take their lumps and stockpile picks now that they have a legitimate GM.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 4:12 PM | Report abuse

The $32 million paid to Albert Haynesworth is repeatedly brought up as a reason not to trade him, but it is done and in the past. While it was a quintessential Snyder contract (overpay somebody with front-loaded incentives so they lose motivation and underperform), at this point there is no going back. The Redskins should evaluate a trade based on what is better for the Redskins this year and in the future, completely ignoring the $32 mil paid. In business terms, its a sunk cost. Hopefully Snyder can recognize that and not make matters worse by trying to recoup money that isn't coming back.

Posted by: dancan | September 7, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I never understood why the Skins wanted a person who had this history much less give that much money to one person. He was never worth it as a player and certainly not as a locker room guy.
Remember that this is the same guy who stomped on another player when he was down. Now, after being given so much money he dogs it on almost every play, skips off season conditioning and acts like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

He will be broke in 5 to 10 years and eventually in jail for something (assault on his wife/girl friend or drugs) and I for one HOPE that he is gone from this team by tomorrow. I dont care what we get for him. Just get him out of here.

Posted by: dbeins | September 7, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

If the Skins get a 2nd round pick
Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 11:12 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hellno1 | September 7, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Agreed. I would add that the best time to trade for a player is before training camp starts. Haynesworth's market value was at least slightly higher in June.

You never know, though. Maybe the Redskins were asking for too much in early summer. Perhaps they have lowered their demands to a 2nd and 3rd rounder from two 2nd rounders in exchange for Haynesworth.

If they get anything more than a 2nd round pick for him, great. If not, here's hoping he plays to his ability this year. Shanahan said some encouraging things about him. That's reason for a little optimism.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 7, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

The goal of football is to have the team win their games - as many as possible.

In order to execute that goal is to have all players on the same page - working to the same end. It is not possible to have a freelancer in a team sport as that will erode team cohesiveness whenever there is a loss or a series of losses.

Albert Haynesworth has not demonstrated any value to the Redskins on a consistent basis; he has again and again stated and acted as a freelancer, a man who beats to his own drum on his own terms. He will not compromise, he will not act in a way that demonstrates any professionalism - especially when measured against his enormous salary. He cannot be trusted or relied upon to be on the field when needed. He has a 10% upside that elevates the team performance - but that only happens when he wants it to. 90% of the time he is an average player who shows contempt for teammates and contempt for team play. He is often ill-prepared, under-prepared, out of shape, hurt, or mentally incapable of executing his duties.

Wherever possible he should be removed from a Redskin uniform and sent packing. The 10% upside of this disaster is not worth the negativity and selfishness he brings to the team. Even if we lose significant dollars, the end of the old regime must be sent packing. Instead of tying up a roster spot on someone who thinks he is owed something, how about putting a young player on the field who wants to PROVE something. The Redskins aren't better with Haynesworth and they surely won't be worse without him. A 4-12 dry run with him is enough to showcase the lunacy of expecting different results with the same pile of dog crap.

Posted by: laserwizard | September 7, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

You know with the unemployment rate so high and lots of editors looking for work, you'd think the Post would do a better job of editing these articles. How on earth did they miss this one? "But Shanahan his reached his limit with the ongoing Haynesworth drama and seems ready to make a move."

Posted by: Thundershock | September 7, 2010 5:07 PM | Report abuse

Now this is a Haynesworth story I'm happy to read. I hope they can get some value for him. We could use some more draft picks, or barring that, a solid younger player now.

Albert is a good player physically when he wants to play but he's just too much drama and too much trouble and too big a distraction.

Let's have a solid year for Coach Shanahan. It'll probably take a few years anyway. Why have this distraction?

Dan, you already flushed your $41 million down the toilet. Let go and look ahead.

Posted by: dcc1968 | September 7, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Mike, get what you can but take a #3 pick. You can get a solid young player for a #3 pick.

Posted by: dcc1968 | September 7, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

This is interesting:
@john_keim Looks like Tenn inquired about AH and skins rebuffed/asked for a lot and trade is dead. Skins didnt look to deal.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

Posted by: dlong1 | September 7, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Note to Mike Shanahan, prove to us you have the ability to not just know X's & O's but that you also have the ability to inspire and motivate. Demonstrate you have the ability to be a leader of men. Discipline is fine, but prove to us you know how to combine all the elements that make up the man that is needed to fulfill the position of which you've been hired. You've proved you're the boss, now what else you got?

Posted by: MHEDRLT | September 7, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

He's a bum... nothing more to say.

Posted by: whocares666 | September 7, 2010 5:58 PM | Report abuse

if haynesworth is only giving half-hearted effort to the cause, he is not valuable to this team. period. why would someone waste 2 blockers on him if he's not giving full effort. then as his team mates get tired of his lack of effort and decide to get up in his face about it, you have dissent and no divided team can win. trade him, cut him or convince him to play hard. otherwise he will tear this team apart with no remorse. he may have loads of talent, but if you have to jump through hoops to get it out of him, he's useless. it's a sad time to have this one player hold the team hostage with his arrogance and distain for his co-workers. sweep him to the curb. please.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | September 7, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Never trade Butterworth unless we get something valuable in return. Do not reward this scum. We have a seven man practice squad, just keep him on the active roster at the end of the pine. Let him rot! We did not do this with Deon Sanders and he took the money and went to the Ravens. Now we have another malingerer. Use AH as a tackling dummy in practice. Why not, he is a dummy in real life. For 31 million you would think that if he will not play hard he could at least sign autographs, he wouldn't even do that at the Redskin car show! He should not be rewarded for being such a foul person.

Posted by: 1bmffwb | September 7, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

For all you apologizers I ask, Q. what do you get when you reward bad behavior? A. Albert Haynesworth. This is a no win situation. Unless he wants to play and respect the team he will never be able to be counted on. He is being given a chance to be a man. Shanahan has shown frustration, but he has not belittled him, yet! He has put him in a position to gain fan approval. Fat Albert has flashed signs then tanked. This sack of sh*t does not respect himself, the Redskins, the fans, or the game. There are four real choices.
1) Let him sit and rot
2) Trade him
3) Let him do it his way and pay for substandard play.
4) Cut him

4- Cut him and we still have to pay all the guaranteed money left on contract and he goes and plays for another team and flips us the bird.
3- If he is allowed to do things his way then all players now and in the future will act out any way they want.
2- Trade him and we get almost nothing for 30some million dollars and players in the future see how to get big signing bonuses and then screw you!
1- Let him rot and let the fans use him as toilet paper. We get our moneys worth this way and players in the future know not to pull this sh*t. And it will be fun to throw beer and soda on him as he waddles out of the stadium. He's given up any manhood he claimed to have so he should be treated like a broke d*ck dog.

Posted by: 1bmffwb | September 7, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

1) Let him sit and rot
2) Trade him
3) Let him do it his way and pay for substandard play.
4) Cut him

Posted by: 1bmffwb | September 7, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

1) Let him sit and rot
2) Trade him
3) Let him do it his way and pay for substandard play.
4) Cut him

Posted by: 1bmffwb | September 7, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

I need more Haynesworth commentary. I just can't get enough.

Posted by: paul6554 | September 7, 2010 9:13 PM | Report abuse

A more appropriate question for the poll should be, Should Albert Haynesworth remain in the NFL? NO, throw him in jail.

I do not understand why this guy is still in the NFL? His act of raking his cleats/shoes on the face of another player is repulsive, cruel and evil. He should have served time in jail and not allowed to play football or have a relationship with football in any form. The commish is a wimp, the Titans and Snyder/Redskins are fools for allowing this jerk on a team. Snyder if you want the team to win, stay out of the locker room and the coaches office. The smartest move you've ever made was to hire Shanahan. You can make more smart moves by getting that criminal Haynesworth off the team, out of football and in jail.

For a business man you've made some dumb business moves with this team but aquiring Haynesworth is the DUMBEST MOVE EVER and I thought hiring Norv Turner was really dumb, can you go any lower? Think i'm gonna cheer for the Lions again.

Posted by: justaguyntn | September 7, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

Please, please send Albert packing. I just can't take it anymore.

Posted by: allknowingguy | September 7, 2010 10:55 PM | Report abuse

I was at the Cardinals game.... AH was pathetic... he needs to go... the Skins need tot cut their losses and move on. There is nothing positive to be gained by keeping this guy on the team.

Posted by: dwdave67 | September 7, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

It's not my money so who cares how much he gets paid? Salary cap? Like that exists with Snyder? Pay him a million a day, who cares, it's not my money.

Posted by: Michael2255 | September 8, 2010 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Trade him for whatever they can get. He is a BIG negative on this team -- getting rid of this fat, lazy, stupid malcontent is reward enough; any compensation is just gravy. He is an example of what Li'l Danny and his faithful sidekick Vinnie did to this team. Good for Shanahan that he won't put up with Fat Albert.

Posted by: dolph924 | September 8, 2010 1:27 AM | Report abuse

I pooped my pants.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 8, 2010 2:43 AM | Report abuse

The fans were too short shighted to see Al for who he really is. They all wanted to sign him even though all the warning signs were there at the time. Some people never learn. Now they are all spinning away blaming others for Albert's cancerous attitude. Hopefuly this time a lesson was learned but I doubt it.

Posted by: hughesbob19 | September 8, 2010 8:15 AM | Report abuse